PDA

View Full Version : Trump’s Budget: $18 Billion Over 18 Months for Wall

jimnyc
02-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Trump’s Budget: $18 Billion Over 18 Months for Wall

(CNSNews.com) - The fiscal 2019 budget proposal that White House Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney will release today calls for Congress to appropriate $18 billion in fiscal 2018 and fiscal 2019 for building President Donald Trump's proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“With the recent two-year caps deal, the Administration is seeking a total investment of $18 billion across fiscal years 2018 and 2019 to build the southern border wall,” says a press release on the budget proposal put out by OMB.

Since there will be a little more than six months left in fiscal 2017 when the current short-term continuing resolution expires on March 23, the $18 billion Trump is asking for the border wall would effectively be appropriated over a 18-month period running through the end of September 2019, when fiscal 2019 ends.

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/trumps-budget-18-billion-over-19-months-wall

Elessar
02-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Simple.

It must be done. 60+ years in the needing.

If not, will the liberal whiners take in the illegals, Feed, clothe them?

Of course not....leave it on honest citizens to endorse law breakers.
Liberals will not give up house and home to illegals.

Two-faced whiners as usual.

del
02-12-2018, 05:09 PM
ain't gonna happen

trump's budget is a joke, and congress is laughing

jimnyc
02-12-2018, 05:51 PM
ain't gonna happen

It's got a much better chance then anything to do with DACA. The dumbasses on the left already tossed away any bargaining chips they may have had. One way or another, the wall will get funded. Either that, or an awful lot of ILLEGAL folks will continue to be going back to their rightful homes.

The only others laughing are those that read between the lines and see so many freebies disappearing & the retarded obamacare being repealed.

Gunny
02-12-2018, 06:10 PM
I'll have to re-read this a couple of times. I'll say for now, I am NOT impressed.

jimnyc
02-12-2018, 06:14 PM
I'll have to re-read this a couple of times. I'll say for now, I am NOT impressed.

It's not the greatest - but sure as F better than anything the Dems have ever offered. I've read tons, but too much to read...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/

Gunny
02-12-2018, 06:31 PM
It's not the greatest - but sure as F better than anything the Dems have ever offered. I've read tons, but too much to read...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/From just the glance, it's too much. Add infrastructure to all the other things he wants to pay for and I just think it's too much at one time.

I'm not keen on the infrastructure idea so far because it puts a LOT on local governments to come up with money which means higher local taxes. The Federal infrastructure is NOT the responsibility of local government. Specifically, the Fed should pay for any Interstate repair being talked about. It was built for the Federal government for the Federal government's use. But his proposal allows for more and/or higher tolls and/or higher local taxes to pay "our share" of something we don't own.

jimnyc
02-12-2018, 06:40 PM
From just the glance, it's too much. Add infrastructure to all the other things he wants to pay for and I just think it's too much at one time.

I'm not keen on the infrastructure idea so far because it puts a LOT on local governments to come up with money which means higher local taxes. The Federal infrastructure is NOT the responsibility of local government. Specifically, the Fed should pay for any Interstate repair being talked about. It was built for the Federal government for the Federal government's use. But his proposal allows for more and/or higher tolls and/or higher local taxes to pay "our share" of something we don't own.

One piece my friend. And keep in mind, without some compromise, this would just be another piece of congressional paper that ends up in the shredder. I don't agree with an awful lot of what's in there, but I also like an awful lot. I'm sure a lot of changes will ultimately be made as well. Not because Gunny asked though, sorry. :(

Gunny
02-12-2018, 06:43 PM
One piece my friend. And keep in mind, without some compromise, this would just be another piece of congressional paper that ends up in the shredder. I don't agree with an awful lot of what's in there, but I also like an awful lot. I'm sure a lot of changes will ultimately be made as well. Not because Gunny asked though, sorry. :(You just wait. Now I have a goal. To get something changed because *I* asked. Then you will kneel before me, knave ...:laugh2:

del
02-12-2018, 08:16 PM
It's got a much better chance then anything to do with DACA. The dumbasses on the left already tossed away any bargaining chips they may have had. One way or another, the wall will get funded. Either that, or an awful lot of ILLEGAL folks will continue to be going back to their rightful homes.

The only others laughing are those that read between the lines and see so many freebies disappearing & the retarded obamacare being repealed.

we'll both be dead and buried before that wall gets out of court.

he might spend 18b in court costs, though :laugh:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article152402734.html

aboutime
02-12-2018, 08:20 PM
ain't gonna happen

Sure thing del. Bet you said the same about Donald Trump's chances of winning the election too!

High_Plains_Drifter
02-13-2018, 09:17 PM
we'll both be dead and buried before that wall gets out of court.

he might spend 18b in court costs, though :laugh:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article152402734.html
You planning on dying soon?

"The courts" will soon be stacked with Trump appointees, so your leftist activist judges aren't going to save you this time.