PDA

View Full Version : Remington files for bankruptcy as gun sales tumble

gabosaurus
02-13-2018, 06:23 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/13/remington-bankruptcy-guns-trump-slump-sales

High_Plains_Drifter
02-13-2018, 06:49 PM
The FAKE NEWS Guardian headline starts out... 'The Trump slump':

This when the economy is BOOMING. Lies, lies, and more lies, as predictable from the democrat propaganda wing as the sun will rise in the morning.

So Remington is faltering, not a huge surprize when they haven't made anything new in years, like an AR-15, or a good handgun. But it's really irrelevant as far guns is concerned because if Remington can't reorganise and revitalize, there's 100 NEW gun manufacturers to fill their niche.

So aside from the FAKE headline of the democrat propaganda website, this is really a NOTHING BURGER.

Sorry gabs, Americans still love their guns and they're still buying them, so I don't where the propaganda website guardian gets it's info about DECLINING gun sales, they just flat out LIE...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/25/black-friday-posts-new-single-day-record-gun-checks-more-than-200-000/894706001/

Gunny
02-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Winchester goes under or changes hands every other week too. They always bounce back. Only thing Remington makes worth a crap is Model 700. Other gun makers make the same model pretty-much, for cheaper.

Most I've seen from them for years is cheap knives at Walmart and ammunition. They haven't had a new design since the early 1900s. Probably got a plastic pistol like everyone else.

So, who cares?

High_Plains_Drifter
02-13-2018, 07:30 PM
I was just at a gun show last Saturday, and there was more people there and more guns than I'd ever seen at that particular show.

We can still buy and sell privately in Wisconsin too, and believe me, there's plenty of it going on, and hunting in Wisconsin is still a MAJOR business, despite what the leftist propaganda website the guardian says. Over 600,000 annually hunt deer in Wisconsin, and that number has GROWN in recent years.

aboutime
02-13-2018, 08:15 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/13/remington-bankruptcy-guns-trump-slump-sales

gabby....Guess you didn't think any of us would notice? The Guardian is a RAG like the Enquirer, and Democrat Daily News....better known as CNN.

Gunny
02-13-2018, 09:20 PM
I was just at a gun show last Saturday, and there was more people there and more guns than I'd ever seen at that particular show.

We can still buy and sell privately in Wisconsin too, and believe me, there's plenty of it going on, and hunting in Wisconsin is still a MAJOR business, despite what the leftist propaganda website the guardian says. Over 600,000 annually hunt deer in Wisconsin, and that number has GROWN in recent years.We have gun shows. I've never been to one, but as far as I know, they sell privately to one another. There's more to it now because of some Dem crybabies, but still roughly the same thing. They are big business here, I know that. I jst go to the same gun shop I have since I was in my 20s.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-13-2018, 09:26 PM
We have gun shows. I've never been to one, but as far as I know, they sell privately to one another. There's more to it now because of some Dem crybabies, but still roughly the same thing. They are big business here, I know that. I jst go to the same gun shop I have since I was in my 20s.
The vast majority of vendors at our local town gun shows are private sellers. Every town around here has gun shows too. I hit them all looking for a deal.

"GUN OWNERSHIP IN DECLINE"... pfft... ON WHAT PLANET? ... :laugh:

Gunny
02-13-2018, 09:35 PM
The vast majority of vendors at our local town gun shows are private sellers. Every town around here has gun shows too. I hit them all looking for a deal.

"GUN OWNERSHIP IN DECLINE"... pfft... ON WHAT PLANET? ... :laugh:Last I heard sales were up. They're not as high when Republicans are in office. Not a decline in owners, just not a big fear an idiot Democrat is going to try and steal them from us. I remember when Obama first got elected you couldn't buy a bullet for a year.

hjmick
02-13-2018, 09:38 PM
Perhaps the government should bailout the gun industry as it the the auto industry? One thing's for sure, bailing out the gun industry wouldn't cost the taxpayers nearly as much as it did to bail out Chrysler and General Motors...

aboutime
02-13-2018, 09:57 PM
The FAKE NEWS GURU'S are sponsored, supported, and FED by the DEMOCRAT PARTY.

Any time they can find a reason to pass on NEGATIVE news, to DISTRACT from their own lying party. They instantly create layers of PROPAGANDA from the DNC to hide their own lies, while trying to create more lies, to cover up the previous lies.
So...they use a GUN manufacturer story to change the subject.....again.

Their problem is...these days. People who honestly support President Trump...aren't as unsophisticated, or uninformed as the LIBERAL, EASILY-LED Voters who are intentionally kept in the dark...while being lied to...JUST FOR DEMOCRAT VOTES.

What a country?

High_Plains_Drifter
02-13-2018, 10:05 PM
The FAKE NEWS GURU'S are sponsored, supported, and FED by the DEMOCRAT PARTY.

Any time they can find a reason to pass on NEGATIVE news, to DISTRACT from their own lying party. They instantly create layers of PROPAGANDA from the DNC to hide their own lies, while trying to create more lies, to cover up the previous lies.
So...they use a GUN manufacturer story to change the subject.....again.

Their problem is...these days. People who honestly support President Trump...aren't as unsophisticated, or uninformed as the LIBERAL, EASILY-LED Voters who are intentionally kept in the dark...while being lied to...JUST FOR DEMOCRAT VOTES.

What a country?

------------ This ------------ ^^^^^

Taco Junkie
02-14-2018, 09:43 AM
Remington Arms was bought by Freedom Group, an investment group who are in it only to scrape every penny they can off the top and see how long it survives. They've ruined Marlin and Bushmaster too. They come in and cut costs, cut wages and salaries and positions, close locations and live off the brand name. This MBA strangle-the-golden-goose-to-increase-the-egg-production philosophy nets them big earnings early on but consumers see the downhill trend in the products and stop buying. Nothing to do with Trump. This happens to other companies too that make fans, compressors, pumps. It's only newsworthy in that Remington WAS a huge brand name.

Hussein Obanga was the greatest gun salesman in the world. He sold millions upon millions of guns. Don't think that was an accident. Part of the plan for the big revolution. Arm the downtrodden. What guns they can't buy they can steal. Remington's crappy management and products survived in that huge upswing. Now there is more competition than ever and they're dead.

Someone will buy the name like Polaris did with Indian Motorcycles, prop it up with necessary capital and in a few years have them back in the market. My bet would be Vista Outdoor.

Taco Junkie
02-14-2018, 09:48 AM
I've added some goodies since Trump took office
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11234&stc=1
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11235&stc=1
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11236&stc=1
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11237&stc=1
:salute:

Gunny
02-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Walmart still has some Model 700s in 7mm Mag on display here. Pretty inexpensive. Under but close to $400 (don't recall exact figure).

Elessar
02-14-2018, 05:23 PM
Winchester goes under or changes hands every other week too. They always bounce back. Only thing Remington makes worth a crap is Model 700. Other gun makers make the same model pretty-much, for cheaper.

Most I've seen from them for years is cheap knives at Walmart and ammunition. They haven't had a new design since the early 1900s. Probably got a plastic pistol like everyone else.

So, who cares?

Remington slid downhill decades ago.

No innovation or creativity. They were stuck in the 1800's.

We had Remington Riot shotguns because they were cheap. And cheap they were.
Give me a Winchester or Browning any day of the week.