PDA

View Full Version : NY Top Court Says ‘Private’ Facebook Photos Can Be Disclosed

Gunny
02-13-2018, 10:10 PM
February 13, 2018
By Jonathan Stempel
NEW YORK (Reuters) – New York state’s highest court ruled on Tuesday that Facebook users may be required to turn over photos and other information that are relevant to litigation, even if they are shielded by “privacy” settings.
By a 7-0 vote, the Court of Appeals reinstated a trial judge’s ruling requiring a Manhattan woman who was disabled in a horse riding accident to turn over to the defendant horse owner an array of photos taken before and after her injuries.
Noting “significant controversy” over what information on Facebook deserves privacy protection, Chief Judge Janet DiFiore said it is appropriate to require disclosure of materials that are “reasonably calculated” to contain “material and necessary” evidence.
cont ... http://www.oann.com/ny-top-court-says-private-facebook-photos-can-be-disclosed/

thanks to a NY court, looks like all you Spacebook users better pull your pics. the State owns your privacy. And your pics.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-13-2018, 10:18 PM
I'm on facejoke, but there's not a single pic of me on there, and I have filled out the bare minimum of what they ask you to, and everything I put on there is a LIE... :laugh:

Let them DATA MINE THAT.

Gunny
02-13-2018, 10:33 PM
I'm on facejoke, but there's not a single pic of me on there, and I have filled out the bare minimum of what they ask you to, and everything I put on there is a LIE... :laugh:

Let them DATA MINE THAT.

Figures :laugh:

Never been on it.