PDA

View Full Version : Just One of "Those" Days ...

Gunny
02-14-2018, 10:32 AM
The weather sucks. Always does this time of year. Went from 0 humidity and high in the 40s yesterday to 90% humidity and hum-drum 55. Flip flops back and forth just to keep your sinuses on a roller coaster.

So I get up, head all clogged up, sinus meds not yet kicked in, stumble downstairs to the kitchen to turn on the Mr Coffee to get functioning, and the immaculate kitchen i left last night looks like the Avengers were battling aliens in it :mad: I DID mention no coffee yet, right? Turn on the coffee pot and go upstairs to wake up the granddaughters. Oldest one yells at me, the youngest peed the bed.:( Deposit child in bathtub and strip sheets.

So I go in to clean the mess up in the kitchen and here comes Hell on wheels in a walker to test my shins.

These are children 9, 5, and -1. I have to smile through all this shit :bang3: THAT is the hardest part.

SOn in Law is on the hit list now. Shit for brains gets mad at his wife so he doesn't have any parental responsibilities. I'm not sure who's more mature. The 10 month old or him. I'm too old for this shit. So I got the daughter and kids off to school and took my coffee and went back upstairs. The good-f-ing-fairy better show the f- up and field day my kitchen :laugh:

Elessar
02-14-2018, 10:36 AM
Good rant. Get it off your chest.

Now breathe and calm, my friend.

Gunny
02-14-2018, 10:48 AM
Good rant. Get it off your chest.

Now breathe and calm, my friend.Eh ... it's tongue-in-cheek. I get the humor in almost anything :)

Elessar
02-14-2018, 10:51 AM
Eh ... it's tongue-in-cheek. I get the humor in almost anything :)

So do I....but cannot deny irony!:laugh:

Why does Pippin (the cat), hide his furballs in the darkest part of the hall?
Glad I wear sandals all the time inside

Gunny
02-14-2018, 10:56 AM
So do I....but cannot deny irony!:laugh:I figure it's payback. Until she was a teen and went insane for a few years, my daughter was "THE" perfect child. I'm serious. I had almost zero "typical" baby issues with her. Hardly ever sick. Always happy. Didn't back talk.

She of course had bad guy aliens for children :laugh:

CSM
02-14-2018, 11:03 AM
I figure it's payback. Until she was a teen and went insane for a few years, my daughter was "THE" perfect child. I'm serious. I had almost zero "typical" baby issues with her. Hardly ever sick. Always happy. Didn't back talk.

All children are "bad guy aliens".... just sayin

Elessar
02-14-2018, 11:09 AM
I figure it's payback. Until she was a teen and went insane for a few years, my daughter was "THE" perfect child. I'm serious. I had almost zero "typical" baby issues with her. Hardly ever sick. Always happy. Didn't back talk.

I am glad my son did not go that route...

Elessar
02-14-2018, 11:11 AM
All children are "bad guy aliens".... just sayin

Naah CSM...it depends on the influences a parent allows.

Gunny
02-14-2018, 11:18 AM
Naah @CSM (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=36)...it depends on the influences a parent allows.That's no the whole sentence. It also depends just as much on what a child lets influence them. You can shut out only so much of the world. It's out there waiting, and they're going to step into it sooner or later.

I taught my daughter as best I could. The final decision of who she was going to be was hers.

Gunny
02-14-2018, 11:19 AM
All children are "bad guy aliens".... just sayinDoes that revelation come on a certain birthday? Seems to me it used to be a lot easier :laugh:

CSM
02-14-2018, 11:57 AM
Does that revelation come on a certain birthday? Seems to me it used to be a lot easier :laugh:

It shows sooner or later. I used to tell my kids "the aliens brought you" whenever they were acting up... and that they (the aliens) would come get them if they didn't behave. Probably why they are so screwed up now.

Actually, they all turned out to be fine upstanding men so it must have worked.

Elessar
02-14-2018, 12:33 PM
If it helps You any, Gunny...

My sinuses drive me up the wall. Love blowing little green monsters out.
Some feel like a rock exiting my damn nose.

Had sinusitis all my life. That is why I could not take and qualify in scuba diving....(70's)

Abbey Marie
02-14-2018, 12:36 PM
I thought you were leading up to a real tragedy- the coffee maker not working.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-14-2018, 12:38 PM
The weather sucks. Always does this time of year. Went from 0 humidity and high in the 40s yesterday to 90% humidity and hum-drum 55. Flip flops back and forth just to keep your sinuses on a roller coaster.

So I get up, head all clogged up, sinus meds not yet kicked in, stumble downstairs to the kitchen to turn on the Mr Coffee to get functioning, and the immaculate kitchen i left last night looks like the Avengers were battling aliens in it :mad: I DID mention no coffee yet, right? Turn on the coffee pot and go upstairs to wake up the granddaughters. Oldest one yells at me, the youngest peed the bed.:( Deposit child in bathtub and strip sheets.

So I go in to clean the mess up in the kitchen and here comes Hell on wheels in a walker to test my shins.

These are children 9, 5, and -1. I have to smile through all this shit :bang3: THAT is the hardest part.

SOn in Law is on the hit list now. Shit for brains gets mad at his wife so he doesn't have any parental responsibilities. I'm not sure who's more mature. The 10 month old or him. I'm too old for this shit. So I got the daughter and kids off to school and took my coffee and went back upstairs. The good-f-ing-fairy better show the f- up and field day my kitchen :laugh:
Just reminded me why I live by myself.

jimnyc
02-14-2018, 01:13 PM
So I get up head all clogged up

the immaculate kitchen i left last night looks like the Avengers were battling aliens in it

Oldest one yells at me, the youngest peed the bed.:( Deposit child in bathtub and strip sheets.

First you scratch your eyeball, and now you have clogged sinuses while you are on pee pee & Mr. Mom duty! You have made my week my friend!! :lol: Trust me, it could be worse though.

Elessar
02-14-2018, 02:22 PM
First you scratch your eyeball, and now you have clogged sinuses while you are on pee pee & Mr. Mom duty! You have made my week my friend!! :lol: Trust me, it could be worse though.

jimnyc....'love' you as a host!

But sometimes you can be a real jerk!:laugh:

Carry on, asshole!:laugh:

jimnyc
02-14-2018, 03:13 PM
jimnyc....'love' you as a host!

But sometimes you can be a real jerk!:laugh:

Carry on, asshole!:laugh:

Yeah, I like payback! Fucker messes with me, I wait until the fun times to give it back. And not much more fun than being a pee pee duty! Ahhh, I sure do miss those days, not!!

But I am an asshole. :)

Gunny
02-14-2018, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I like payback! Fucker messes with me, I wait until the fun times to give it back. And not much more fun than being a pee pee duty! Ahhh, I sure do miss those days, not!!

But I am an asshole. :)Yep. And between you and I, we KNOW is the bigger klutz. Just a matter of time ...:dev: