PDA

View Full Version : 'Numerous fatalities' in Florida high school shooting

pete311
02-14-2018, 04:42 PM
'Numerous fatalities' in Florida high school shooting
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-florida-high-school-shooting-20180214-story.html

Gunny
02-14-2018, 05:11 PM
Interesting. That's Ft Lauderdale. Not really know for that kind of stuff. Usually happens further south in Miami.

Kathianne
02-14-2018, 06:28 PM
Was hearing numbers of fatalities and injured all over the place. Now they're reporting 16 dead. :(

pete311
02-14-2018, 06:54 PM
17 dead kids so far. Just sickening. Savage.

Gunny
02-14-2018, 06:58 PM
This assclown will get the death sentence. For all that's worth. Wonder what his pathetic little excuse is going to be?

And what a coward. He murdered 17 children and didn't have the balls to add himself to the list? He's going to regret THAT decision.

Weapon was an AR-15. 19 years old. Nicholas somebody. Didn't catch the last name.

Gunny
02-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Nicholas Cruz. 19 years old student who had been expelled. He pulled the fire alarm and waited for the chaos in the halls and opened fire.

Elessar
02-14-2018, 07:17 PM
17 dead kids so far. Just sickening. Savage.

Fucking sucks.

How long will the guilty one avoid revenge or justice?

Elessar
02-14-2018, 07:18 PM
Nicholas Cruz. 19 years old student who had been expelled. He pulled the fire alarm and waited for the chaos in the halls and opened fire.

One bullet...one noose. End of drama

pete311
02-14-2018, 07:22 PM
One bullet...one noose. End of drama

This kind of shit their identities should be wiped from the planet, like they never existed. Worthless scum.

Elessar
02-14-2018, 07:22 PM
"Caesar Figueroa said when he got to the school to check on his 16-year-old daughter, he saw police officers drawing machine guns as they approached the campus."

Machine guns? Really?

No wonder so many have no weapon's sense.

Police do not use 'machine guns'. They have semi-automatic rifles and pistols.
those take a trigger pull for each round, not a sustained trigger grip like a .50 cal,
or other belt fed weapons.

I can make a pump shotgun seem like auto fire.

pete311
02-14-2018, 07:30 PM
"Caesar Figueroa said when he got to the school to check on his 16-year-old daughter, he saw police officers drawing machine guns as they approached the campus."

Machine guns? Really?

No wonder so many have no weapon's sense.

Police do not use 'machine guns'. They have semi-automatic rifles and pistols.
those take a trigger pull for each round, not a sustained trigger grip like a .50 cal,
or other belt fed weapons.

I can make a pump shotgun seem like auto fire.

omg dude, seriously, this father didn't know if his daughter was fucking alive and you bust his chops on this? Police semi-automatic rifles have the appearance of a machine gun. Dude was not paying attention if officers were pulling the trigger each round. Ya know, some people study other things in life other than weapons.

Elessar
02-14-2018, 07:37 PM
omg dude, seriously, this father didn't know if his daughter was fucking alive and you bust his chops on this? Police semi-automatic rifles have the appearance of a machine gun. Dude was not paying attention if officers were pulling the trigger each round. Ya know, some people study other things in life other than weapons.

Pete....I hate it.

Don't call me 'Dude'.

Study weapons? Why not be skilled and know them? What can or cannot do?
Don't preach to me. That scenario sucked...blew chunks. i know weapons.
Mute the damn fool, worried or not, saying 'cops with machine guns'.
How many belt fed shoulder mounted 'machine guns' are there?
M-240...which cops do not have.

Too many people are ignorant of weapons but the gawd-damned media picks up on it
and make that ignorance a headline.

No Pete, breaks my heart. But why perpetuate a lack of fact?

pete311
02-14-2018, 07:43 PM
Pete....I hate it.

Don't call me 'Dude'.

Too many people are ignorant of weapons but the gawd-damned media picks up on it
and make that ignorance a headline.

No Pete, breaks my heart. But why perpetuate a lack of fact?

I understand, but as repubs like to say "now is not the time", we need "prayers". ;)

Elessar
02-14-2018, 08:12 PM
I understand, but as repubs like to say "now is not the time", we need "prayers". ;)

And what do liberals say? What do they say? Moan more for
more idiotic 'gun laws'. None of which will work unless martial law is declared and
all legal citizens are stripped, leaving on the criminals and nutcases to possess.
What is the fine line, liberal?

Cannot blame the tool when it takes a human to make it work.

Two days ago, cops in Medford Oregon arrested a 37 year-old man
for beating a 71 year-old with a hammer.

Ban hammers? liberals need to wake up.

aboutime
02-14-2018, 08:12 PM
IMO. And based on all of the reading, press reports, and crazy accusations from everyone, namely politicians about guns. The REAL, provable, documented cause of these kinds of attacks by gunmen is....MENTAL. When this nation decided to STOOP to the Endless Cries about Political Correctness....needing to be followed, and enforced by government. All of the Mental facilities that housed the known, questionable Mentally Disturbed people...were closed, or the patients were released into society...because IT WASN'T FAIR TO KEEP SUCH PEOPLE LOCKED UP...as Political Correctness, and Liberal Appeasement took over.

Nobody wanted to be called names, so they just let the people out. Gave them a couple bucks, and a bus ticket, and told them "YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!"

So today. We are seeing another Generation of the released Mentally Disturbed getting their freedom to do as they wish, or they become pawns of people who will sue others for Inhumane treatment of the CRAZY.

Elessar
02-14-2018, 08:23 PM
IMO. And based on all of the reading, press reports, and crazy accusations from everyone, namely politicians about guns. The REAL, provable, documented cause of these kinds of attacks by gunmen is....MENTAL. When this nation decided to STOOP to the Endless Cries about Political Correctness....needing to be followed, and enforced by government. All of the Mental facilities that housed the known, questionable Mentally Disturbed people...were closed, or the patients were released into society...because IT WASN'T FAIR TO KEEP SUCH PEOPLE LOCKED UP...as Political Correctness, and Liberal Appeasement took over.

Nobody wanted to be called names, so they just let the people out. Gave them a couple bucks, and a bus ticket, and told them "YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!"

So today. We are seeing another Generation of the released Mentally Disturbed getting their freedom to do as they wish, or they become pawns of people who will sue others for Inhumane treatment of the CRAZY.

Exactly!

Put them in a cell, where they can think their toothbrush is a weapon.

liberals do not like such a notion, crying about 'civil rights'!

What about the rights of the targets and victims, liberal whiners?

Gunny
02-14-2018, 08:35 PM
Let's all step back and take a breath? Each of you has a valid point. We can make another thread to debate enemy and weapons identification having priority over tending the wounded, and the stupid laws that address the tool but never the people using them in another thread.

In THIS case, this, Cruz used a AR-15. He apparently had an unspecified but plentiful supply of ammo. He is 19. The law already addresses him possessing a firearm. NOTHING is going to stop idiots like this. It's illegal to shoot people period except in self-defense. He walked into a school full of children and opened fire. Unless FL has changed drastically since I lived there nd went on leave to my parents there, this guy has a one way ticket to Raiford (the State pen in Stark, FL) and an appointment with a needle.

Sure, we want to hear his excuse. It won't be good enough, but "why" is always good to know. The media is probably already camped outside his parents' house ready to pounce.

Gunny
02-14-2018, 08:45 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-43066528

They have a "live" video "as it happened" at the link and some photos.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-14-2018, 08:57 PM
I just don't get it. I graduated in '73, and we never heard of such a thing, because it never happened.

Why is that? Why does it happen today and didn't years ago? What was different?

Leftists like to say "we shouldn't go back, we need to go forward." Well I beg to differ, I think we DO need to GO BACK. I think liberalism, leftistism, political correctness and the democrat anti American agenda and the hate they teach kids for America IN schools IS the problem. They didn't teach that SHIT years ago.

Elessar
02-14-2018, 09:06 PM
The media is probably already camped outside his parents' house ready to pounce.

You bet they are. To sensationalize a tragedy.

Elessar
02-14-2018, 09:17 PM
I just don't get it. I graduated in '73, and we never heard of such a thing, because it never happened.

Leftists like to say "we shouldn't go back, we need to go forward." Well I beg to differ, I think we DO need to GO BACK. I think liberalism, leftistism, political correctness and the democrat anti American agenda and the hate they teach kids for America IN schools IS the problem. They didn't teach that SHIT years ago.

I graduated in 1971.

Never had this epidemic in the USA until the fucking liberals assumed 'power'

Had rifles and bows hanging in our cars and trucks.

Never had a handgun carried into school, let alone a rifle or shotgun.

What happened? Permissiveness?

Parents not leading, or punishing dumb behavior?
Fucking liberal mindset has destroyed our nation.

Oh....'gun bans in Chicago'. Guess who does not give them up.

'Gun bans in D.C.' Guess who does not give them up.

LA, Philly, NYC, Dallas, Houston, San Diego.....guess who does not give them up.

Gunny
02-14-2018, 09:31 PM

Leftists like to say "we shouldn't go back, we need to go forward." Well I beg to differ, I think we DO need to GO BACK. I think liberalism, leftistism, political correctness and the democrat anti American agenda and the hate they teach kids for America IN schools IS the problem. They didn't teach that SHIT years ago.In short? The inmates run the asylum and there's no fixing it without an actual war, and killing and/or subjugating a couple of generations of "I/Me's"

Elessar
02-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Bump to the top.

Needs to be discussed openly and directly honest.

Gunny
02-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Bump to the top.

Needs to be discussed openly and directly honest.What to discuss? By creating the other thread about the politics, I'd hoped to leave this one for just reporting the facts of the event. We all knew where the Dems/left was going to go with it. They try their best to capitalize on the hysteria of the moment each and every time.

So far, I haven't seen any "new" news. We know it takes more than a day to track the weapon/ownership. They say this guy had numerous run-ins with authorities but not when, for why, nor how many times. What I can't remember is if he is old enough to own a long gun. I know handguns are 21. I don't know if they jerked the long gun age up as well.

Gunny
02-15-2018, 09:04 PM
Here's some news ... Cruz posted on youtube he wanted to be a "professional" school shooter. :wtf:He was expelled for behavioral issues and not even allowed to bring his backpack on school grounds prior to that.

But no red flags :rolleyes:

Elessar
02-15-2018, 09:18 PM
What to discuss? By creating the other thread about the politics, I'd hoped to leave this one for just reporting the facts of the event. We all knew where the Dems/left was going to go with it. They try their best to capitalize on the hysteria of the moment each and every time.

So far, I haven't seen any "new" news. We know it takes more than a day to track the weapon/ownership. They say this guy had numerous run-ins with authorities but not when, for why, nor how many times. What I can't remember is if he is old enough to own a long gun. I know handguns are 21. I don't know if they jerked the long gun age up as well.

Not to burst your bubble, but I could track a rifle, shotgun, or pistol in 10 minutes....given the serial number.

EPIC was one site. Our MISLE was another. ATF was another

Elessar
02-15-2018, 09:23 PM
Here's some news ... Cruz posted on youtube he wanted to be a "professional" school shooter. :wtf:He was expelled for behavioral issues and not even allowed to bring his backpack on school grounds prior to that.

But no red flags :rolleyes:

Dumb! Social media is fucking dumb. In mine, Second Life, I see somersetting like that it
goes STRAIGHT via an Abuse Report.

Turned in some Arab preaching to kill President Bush.

I also copied the text and sent to the San Fran
FBI office

Gunny
02-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Here you go. He was on the FBI's whatever list last year for the Youtube post. Sounds to me like somebody dropped the ball.

Balu
02-16-2018, 08:38 AM
My condolences to you, Americans. It's horrible.

pete311
02-16-2018, 09:34 AM
This kid had the most obvious warning signs. He literally said he was going to be a school shooter.

Elessar
02-16-2018, 09:54 AM
Here you go. He was on the FBI's whatever list last year for the Youtube post. Sounds to me like somebody dropped the ball.

Dropped....blew off....
Inexcusable!

Gunny
02-16-2018, 09:54 AM
The media is really making me ill exploiting people's grief. What a bunch of soul-less sharks.

Elessar
02-16-2018, 09:57 AM
This kid had the most obvious warning signs. He literally said he was going to be a school shooter.

That is what BLOWS CHUNKS!

Local LE should have had him on the radar, not just FBI

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 10:03 AM
The media is really making me ill exploiting people's grief. What a bunch of soul-less sharks.
Ultimate whores.

pete311
02-16-2018, 10:17 AM
There is a photo of him wearing a MAGA hat.

.... runs and hides

Elessar
02-16-2018, 10:30 AM

Fuck them.

Most are barely out of college and wanting to make a name for themselves

All they want is advancement and bonuses.....accuracy and compassion be damned

jimnyc
02-16-2018, 10:37 AM

.... runs and hides

Also as a white supremacist, and the group even said he was with them.

But debunked by the FBI who said they haven't found any connection.

But if he was a Trump fan, so what? All that means is that he perhaps supported Trump, and then did the most un-American thing imaginable. Of course some liberals WILL try and form some sort of connection and blame the right or the president. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
02-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Today’s #FakeNews: Liberal Media Pushes Lie That Trump Made It Easier for Mentally Ill to Buy Guns

And they wonder why no one trusts them?

The far left mainstream media pushed another lie on Thursday, the day after 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 students and adults in Parkland, Florida.

ABC, NBC and CBS all pushed the same lie that President Trump and the GOP made it easier for the mentally ill to buy guns.

Of course, the truth is just the opposite. Decades of failed liberal policy have made it difficult to force people with severe mental diseases to be treated or institutionalized. And society has to deal with the carnage.

NewsBusters reported: (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/02/15/nets-push-fake-news-trump-made-it-easier-mentally-ill-buy)

Fresh off their disinformation campaign in the immediate aftermath of the Parkland, Florida school shooting in which they falsely claimed there had been 18 school shootings this year, the three major network news outlets (ABC, CBS, and NBC) moved on to another fake news topic they wanted to push on the American people: President Trump and the GOP made it easier for mentally ill people to buy guns.

The accusation that a bill designed to remove restrictions and allow the mentally ill to purchase guns was passed by the GOP and signed by President Trump had long been debunked. As the National Review’s Charles C.W. Cooke wrote over a year ago, what got removed was “in layman’s terms: The rule would have allowed bureaucrats within one of our federal agencies to bar American citizens from exercising a constitutional right — and on the highly questionable grounds that to be incapable of managing one’s finances is, by definition, to be a ‘mental defective.’”

And the bill wasn’t even supported by the NRA. But it was supported by the liberal ACLU and the American Association of People with Disabilities. Yet that didn’t stop the networks from pushing lies and being appalled that the President wasn’t exploiting the situation to push gun control as their previous president did.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/fakenews-liberal-media-pushes-lie-trump-made-easier-mentally-ill-buy-guns-video/

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 10:41 AM

.... runs and hides
Still not over November 8, eh faggot?

Gunny
02-16-2018, 10:43 AM

But if he was a Trump fan, so what? All that means is that he perhaps supported Trump, and then did the most un-American thing imaginable. Of course some liberals WILL try and form some sort of connection and blame the right or the president. :rolleyes:Seems pretty clear law enforcement dropped the ball on this fruitloop. He did everything but draw them a picture with crayons and leave a trail of gingerbread crumbs ...

He doesn't qualify as a rightwing nutcase to me. Just a nut case. A rightwing nut case wouldn't use a firearm out of consideration for everyone else on the right having to suffer the consequences of his doing so. Obviously, thinking things out was not a priority for this idiot.

Taco Junkie
02-16-2018, 10:45 AM
There is a photo of him wearing his liberal pink pussy hat.

FIFY peterless :cool:

Elessar
02-16-2018, 10:49 AM
Today’s #FakeNews: Liberal Media Pushes Lie That Trump Made It Easier for Mentally Ill to Buy Guns

And they wonder why no one trusts them?

The far left mainstream media pushed another lie on Thursday, the day after 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 students and adults in Parkland, Florida.

ABC, NBC and CBS all pushed the same lie that President Trump and the GOP made it easier for the mentally ill to buy guns.

Of course, the truth is just the opposite. Decades of failed liberal policy have made it difficult to force people with severe mental diseases to be treated or institutionalized. And society has to deal with the carnage.

NewsBusters reported: (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/02/15/nets-push-fake-news-trump-made-it-easier-mentally-ill-buy)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/fakenews-liberal-media-pushes-lie-trump-made-easier-mentally-ill-buy-guns-video/

Bunch of pure horseshit...

Plain and simple.

Sickening

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 11:26 AM
'Numerous fatalities' in Florida high school shooting
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-florida-high-school-shooting-20180214-story.html

I've watched maybe 10 minutes total of coverage on this. I've tuned it out now.

These so called news outlets, after the fact, dredge up every Tom, Dick and Harry they can find and interview them asking them the DUMBEST questions on the planet... "how did the sound of the gun going off make you feel"... "what were you wearing"... "did you have breakfast that day, and if so, what did you have"... "how did the shooting make you feel about the price of tea in China?" I mean, it's not only MORONIC, it's PATHETIC. They beat these stories so far into the dirt it's idiotic.

LongTermGuy
02-16-2018, 12:00 PM

But if he was a Trump fan, so what? All that means is that he perhaps supported Trump, and then did the most un-American thing imaginable. Of course some liberals WILL try and form some sort of connection and blame the right or the president. :rolleyes:

No worries Jim...The left leaning "Media" and its butt-hurt Lemmings are very desperate....all they can do is.... "Imply....accuse...smear"...Honestly..what else they got to help the country that is Good"??....Nothing....all they have is Trump hate.

Elessar
02-16-2018, 12:07 PM

Trump Fan?

What the fuck does Trump Fan mean, especially in this case?

Prying for excuses is all liberals do.

19 year old kid, professing to want violence?

FBI....drop the ball....local LE....drop the ball.

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Trump Fan?

FBI....drop the ball....local LE....drop the ball.
Any opportunity to blame those who believe in the constitution and trump will not be wasted by Petey and his queer bait heroes at cnn.

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 02:42 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11242&stc=1

Gunny
02-16-2018, 06:05 PM
Trump Fan?

FBI....drop the ball....local LE....drop the ball.I don't get the local LE thing. The FBI and Homeland Security since his youtube statement is a terroristic threat, I can see. But the locals? He probably was on their radar for whatevre laws he broke locally. They haven't stated yet if he was a felon or not. Just that he had numerous run-ins with local LE.

Kathianne
02-16-2018, 06:10 PM
I don't get the local LE thing. The FBI and Homeland Security since his youtube statement is a terroristic threat, I can see. But the locals? He probably was on their radar for whatevre laws he broke locally. They haven't stated yet if he was a felon or not. Just that he had numerous run-ins with local LE.
Last I read, he'd not had any arrests, but lots of police contact. Looking at him, reading his 'story' regarding adoption by older, deaf, parents, problems in school from day 1, expulsion, alternative school, threats, dad dying years ago, mother months ago, and he 'looks' like there's some sort of problem-I've read 'perhaps alcohol fetal syndrome.' My guess is the police felt really bad for the 'misfit,' probably his mother too and didn't pursue charges if it was ever an option. Could be wrong, but that's some of the things I've been reading about his background. Also the adoption may have been from Eastern Europe or Russia, but that seems easy enough to nail down, yet I've not read anything but the 'possibility.'

aboutime
02-16-2018, 08:36 PM

.... runs and hides

You no longer need to admit how much you obviously hate America. What don't you like about MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN?

Are you sad that you don't need to pay upwards of 2500 dollars to Avoid Obamacare charges?
Are you sad that you don't want any tax cuts to give you more in your pocket?
And...you didn't sound very sad when you thanked Trump for the increase in your 401K.

Hypocrisy is your middle name petey.

Bilgerat
02-19-2018, 03:19 PM
https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27867074_1664887590224308_3676761388605755087_n.jp g?oh=31c1534e86b92868371504d7de293ee3&oe=5B04C70B

Black Diamond
02-26-2018, 09:15 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11266&stc=1