PDA

View Full Version : It's No Secret I Hate Commercials...

High_Plains_Drifter
02-14-2018, 08:28 PM
... but every time I see this one I laugh... "BIG MAN WITH THE HORN"... :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH9yvMGeHfo

Elessar
02-14-2018, 08:32 PM
Dumb. Usually Gieco is amusing

High_Plains_Drifter
02-15-2018, 08:47 AM
I think it's funny... and not nearly as offensive as most commercials.

Abbey Marie
02-15-2018, 12:07 PM
... but every time I see this one I laugh... "BIG MAN WITH THE HORN"... :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH9yvMGeHfo

I like this one too.

Black Diamond
02-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Dumb. Usually Gieco is amusing
I wanted to punch Peter Pan in the throat.

hjmick
02-15-2018, 05:10 PM
This one cracks me up... the part where they mess with the Imam... subtle, subversive, funny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XBys_HXq4

I'm surprised no one got butthurt over it...

Gunny
02-16-2018, 08:13 PM
The Truth. As in NOT. Not even close.

I'm not saying smoking cigarettes is good for you, nor defending an expensive habit. But these idiots make me grit my teeth. They are so full of shit. They flat out lie. But it's okay because it's PC to denigrate smokers.

Their commercials are geared to brainwashing younger crowds and they are an insult to anyone's intelligence. I'd like to smack a few of them around. And YES, it WOULD make me feel better :)

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 09:14 PM
The Truth. As in NOT. Not even close.

I'm not saying smoking cigarettes is good for you, nor defending an expensive habit. But these idiots make me grit my teeth. They are so full of shit. They flat out lie. But it's okay because it's PC to denigrate smokers.

Their commercials are geared to brainwashing younger crowds and they are an insult to anyone's intelligence. I'd like to smack a few of them around. And YES, it WOULD make me feel better :)
Totally agree... all the different preachers in the car as if they're all BFF's is an insult to anyone who has an IQ above FIVE.

And it brings me back to what my Paw used to say... "don't you wish you could just reach into the TV and SLAP THEM?"

Gunny
02-16-2018, 10:20 PM
Perfect example just now: If you smoke as a teen you will not have normal size lungs your entire life :rolleyes:

Yeah? Explain my OVER-sized lungs from running and I've smoked since I was 14. Cheap, theatrical scare tactic.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 10:48 PM
Perfect example just now: If you smoke as a teen you will not have normal size lungs your entire life :rolleyes:

Yeah? Explain my OVER-sized lungs from running and I've smoked since I was 14. Cheap, theatrical scare tactic.
The size of your lungs is determined by our DNA, period.

I smoke too once and while, ultra lights.

Gunny
02-16-2018, 10:56 PM
The size of your lungs is determined by our DNA, period.

I smoke too once and while, ultra lights.Partly DNA. Partly development. I've always been a swimmer and a runner. I doubt mine would be like they are had I been a couch potato.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 11:02 PM
Partly DNA. Partly development. I've always been a swimmer and a runner. I doubt mine would be like they are had I been a couch potato.
Well, true... the lungs are a muscle like anything else, you can develop them.

I'm planning on that new gym next month. I sure the hell need it. Getting tired of not having some resistance training. Been hitting the treadmill pretty regular for cardio.