PDA

View Full Version : 18 mass shootings in the first 45 days this year

jimnyc
02-16-2018, 10:31 AM
That's the word and stories and articles going around. But no one bothers to truly look it up, they just listen to the MSM.

18 mass school shootings this year. Then it was just 18 shootings in school this year. What it SHOULD be rightfully is - mentally unstable or criminals, chose to use guns as their tool to kill people. Of course he could have used a huge truck and ran down a massive crowd like we have seen elsewhere and killed as many. Or someone could have used explosives and perhaps kill even more, like "Andrew Kehoe" did back in the 20's when he killed 38 school kids and 6 adults. Scumbag criminals will find a way.

Anyway, back to these "mass shootings". Or even "school shootings". Does anyone even research anymore, or do they just parrot bogus facts? A 31 year old killing himself on school property when no one is around - NOT a mass or even a school shooting. Accidentally firing a gun, at a TARGET no less, when an adviser/officer accidentally got his training gun and regular gun mixed up. NOT a mass shooting or even a school shooting. A 3rd grade student pulling a trigger of a school liaison officer’s holstered gun, who was not paying attention. No one was killed or injured. NOT a mass shooting or school shooting that folks are being misled about.

I'm not going to get into the whole gun/tool debate, said my part, but I think folks should continue to research such things, instead of regurgitating what the mass media falsely spews on us.

jimnyc
02-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Just a little bit of history...

--

Flashback 30 Years: Guns Were in Schools ... and Nothing Happened

The millennial generation might be surprised to learn that theirs is the first without guns in school. Just 30 years ago, high school kids rode the bus with rifles and shot their guns at high school rifle ranges.

After another school shooting, it's time to ask: what changed?

Cross guns off the list of things that changed in thirty years. In 1985, semi-automatic rifles existed, and a semi-automatic rifle was used in Florida. Guns didn’t suddenly decide to visit mayhem on schools. Guns can’t decide.

We can also cross the Second Amendment off the list. It existed for over 200 years before this wickedness unfolded. Nothing changed in the Constitution.

That leaves us with some uncomfortable possibilities remaining. What has changed from thirty years ago when kids could take firearms into school responsibly and today might involve some difficult truths.

Let’s inventory the possibilities.

What changed? The mainstreaming of nihilism. Cultural decay. Chemicals. The deliberate destruction of moral backstops in the culture. A lost commonality of shared societal pressures to enforce right and wrong. And above all, simple, pure, evil.

Before you retort that we can’t account for the mentally ill, they existed forever.

Paranoid schizophrenics existed in 1888 and 2018. Mentally ill students weren’t showing up in schools with guns even three decades ago.

So it must be something else.

Those who have been so busy destroying the moral backstops in our culture won’t want to have this conversation. They’ll do what they do -- mock the truth.

There was a time in America, before the Snowflakes, when any adult on the block could reprimand a neighborhood kid who was out of line without fear.

Even thirty years ago, the culture still had invisible restraints developed over centuries. Those restraints, those leveling commonalities, were the target of a half-century of attack by the freewheeling counterculture that has now become the dominant replacement culture.

Hollywood made fun of these restraints in films too numerous to list.

The sixties mantra “don’t trust anyone over thirty” has become a billion-dollar industry devoted to the child always being right -- a sometimes deeply medicated brat who disrupts the classroom or escapes what used to be resolved with a paddling.

Instead of telling the kid to quit kicking the back of the seat on a plane, we buy seat guards to protect the seat.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/flashback-30-years-guns-schools-nothing-happened/

Gunny
02-16-2018, 10:34 AM
That's the word and stories and articles going around. But no one bothers to truly look it up, they just listen to the MSM.

18 mass school shootings this year. Then it was just 18 shootings in school this year. What it SHOULD be rightfully is - mentally unstable or criminals, chose to use guns as their tool to kill people. Of course he could have used a huge truck and ran down a massive crowd like we have seen elsewhere and killed as many. Or someone could have used explosives and perhaps kill even more, like "Andrew Kehoe" did back in the 20's when he killed 38 school kids and 6 adults. Scumbag criminals will find a way.

Anyway, back to these "mass shootings". Or even "school shootings". Does anyone even research anymore, or do they just parrot bogus facts? A 31 year old killing himself on school property when no one is around - NOT a mass or even a school shooting. Accidentally firing a gun, at a TARGET no less, when an adviser/officer accidentally got his training gun and regular gun mixed up. NOT a mass shooting or even a school shooting. A 3rd grade student pulling a trigger of a school liaison officer’s holstered gun, who was not paying attention. No one was killed or injured. NOT a mass shooting or school shooting that folks are being misled about.

I'm not going to get into the whole gun/tool debate, said my part, but I think folks should continue to research such things, instead of regurgitating what the mass media falsely spews on us.There's a bunch of different articles/sources/links as I picked them up in that one thread on "Shooting - the Politics" or something like that.

Bilgerat
02-16-2018, 11:03 AM
Something that even pete could understand.

https://www.facebook.com/mrctv/videos/1792889367400770/

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 11:17 AM
Just a little bit of history...

--

Flashback 30 Years: Guns Were in Schools ... and Nothing Happened

The millennial generation might be surprised to learn that theirs is the first without guns in school. Just 30 years ago, high school kids rode the bus with rifles and shot their guns at high school rifle ranges.

After another school shooting, it's time to ask: what changed?

Cross guns off the list of things that changed in thirty years. In 1985, semi-automatic rifles existed, and a semi-automatic rifle was used in Florida. Guns didn’t suddenly decide to visit mayhem on schools. Guns can’t decide.

We can also cross the Second Amendment off the list. It existed for over 200 years before this wickedness unfolded. Nothing changed in the Constitution.

That leaves us with some uncomfortable possibilities remaining. What has changed from thirty years ago when kids could take firearms into school responsibly and today might involve some difficult truths.

Let’s inventory the possibilities.

What changed? The mainstreaming of nihilism. Cultural decay. Chemicals. The deliberate destruction of moral backstops in the culture. A lost commonality of shared societal pressures to enforce right and wrong. And above all, simple, pure, evil.

Before you retort that we can’t account for the mentally ill, they existed forever.

Paranoid schizophrenics existed in 1888 and 2018. Mentally ill students weren’t showing up in schools with guns even three decades ago.

So it must be something else.

Those who have been so busy destroying the moral backstops in our culture won’t want to have this conversation. They’ll do what they do -- mock the truth.

There was a time in America, before the Snowflakes, when any adult on the block could reprimand a neighborhood kid who was out of line without fear.

Even thirty years ago, the culture still had invisible restraints developed over centuries. Those restraints, those leveling commonalities, were the target of a half-century of attack by the freewheeling counterculture that has now become the dominant replacement culture.

Hollywood made fun of these restraints in films too numerous to list.

The sixties mantra “don’t trust anyone over thirty” has become a billion-dollar industry devoted to the child always being right -- a sometimes deeply medicated brat who disrupts the classroom or escapes what used to be resolved with a paddling.

Instead of telling the kid to quit kicking the back of the seat on a plane, we buy seat guards to protect the seat.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/flashback-30-years-guns-schools-nothing-happened/
The point we all seem to make... we drove around with a GUN RACK in the back of our pickup with a couple RIFLES on it, we had pistols under our front seats or in the glove box, guns were everywhere and no one really cared, it was just a gun, and there WASN'T MASS SHOOTINGS... why is that?

Because the LIBERALS hadn't INFECTED all the schools with their BULL SHIT yet, that's why.

pete311
02-16-2018, 11:21 AM
What I want to know is why you guys accept the status quo. No other nation has this many mass shootings outside of war zones. So you don't want gun control. Fine. What is your plan to combat this?

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 11:23 AM
What I want to know is why you guys accept the status quo. No other nation has this many mass shootings outside of war zones. So you don't want gun control. Fine. What is your plan to combat this?
Lock up insane people. Put them back in state hospitals. Take their "rights" away. And I am pretty sure the school was a gun free zone. Good thing people obey gun laws.

gabosaurus
02-16-2018, 11:24 AM
Jim, I don't think you are going to understand the grave magnitude of the situation until there is a mass shooting in your area and your kid doesn't come home. Until then, the response will always be regurgitated blather.

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 11:25 AM
Jim, I don't think you are going to understand the grave magnitude of the situation until there is a mass shooting in your area and your kid doesn't come home. Until then, the response will always be regurgitated blather.
Has your kid not come home? Guess you should keep your mouth shut on the issue too, then.

jimnyc
02-16-2018, 11:36 AM

So no one can understand unless their child is dead? Does this apply to you as well?

YES, I and others can understand, we have felt loss in many ways. We don't want to see anyone suffer or have a loss, ourselves or others. But this surely doesn't mean we don't understand the immense pain unless OUR child is killed that day.

And NOTHING WHATSOEVER that you said has ANYTHING to do with what I said about the shootings in my first post. So you are saying, that since folks didn't lose THEIR child - that they cannot point out the rhetoric and lies being passed around by the media about some of these mass shootings in schools that didn't happen? At least try reading and responding appropriately, I would respect you much more. Instead, looks you you read titles - or more so see ME posting, and come in with completely off topic CRAP.

Gunny
02-16-2018, 11:39 AM
What I want to know is why you guys accept the status quo. No other nation has this many mass shootings outside of war zones. So you don't want gun control. Fine. What is your plan to combat this?We don't. But they won't let us identify and outlaw idiots. Which is the REAL problem. Can't address the actual problem? Left's answer: address "something" dammit."

pete311
02-16-2018, 11:42 AM
Lock up insane people. Put them back in state hospitals. Take their "rights" away. And I am pretty sure the school was a gun free zone. Good thing people obey gun laws.

Was this kid even ever evaluated?

Elessar
02-16-2018, 11:46 AM

Status Quo?

That is the liberal standard!

Pussy that never served and hates LE people,

pete311
02-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Status Quo?

That is the liberal standard!

Pussy that never served and hates LE people,

Still no ideas

Elessar
02-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Was this kid even ever evaluated?

Ask your reputed 'sources'.

pete311
02-16-2018, 11:48 AM
Ask your reputed 'sources'.

now you're just trolling

mundame
02-16-2018, 02:28 PM
We don't. But they won't let us identify and outlaw idiots. Which is the REAL problem. Can't address the actual problem? Left's answer: address "something" dammit."

It would help if the wholly dysfunctional FBI did their job, which they sure don't.

New on AP 2/16/2018:

FBI says it failed to investigate tip on Florida suspect

PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) — The FBI received a specific report last month that the suspect in the Florida school shooting had a “desire to kill” and access to guns and could be plotting an attack, but agents failed to investigate the tip, the agency said Friday.

A person who was close to Nikolas Cruz called the FBI’s tip line on Jan. 5 and provided information about Cruz’s weapons and his erratic behavior, including his disturbing social media posts. The caller was concerned that Cruz could attack a school.

I suppose they had to admit it openly because the family member where he was staying was telling everyone who would listen that s/he had told the FBI and they just didn't care or do anything. I am assuming it was someone in that house that took him in ---- I don't know.

Well, what can one really say? This isn't about guns at all. It was a total dereliction of duty all around --- everyone knew, no one did anything.

Bilgerat
02-16-2018, 03:50 PM
It would help if the wholly dysfunctional FBI did their job, which they sure don't.

New on AP 2/16/2018:

FBI says it failed to investigate tip on Florida suspect

PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) — The FBI received a specific report last month that the suspect in the Florida school shooting had a “desire to kill” and access to guns and could be plotting an attack, but agents failed to investigate the tip, the agency said Friday.

A person who was close to Nikolas Cruz called the FBI’s tip line on Jan. 5 and provided information about Cruz’s weapons and his erratic behavior, including his disturbing social media posts. The caller was concerned that Cruz could attack a school.

I suppose they had to admit it openly because the family member where he was staying was telling everyone who would listen that s/he had told the FBI and they just didn't care or do anything. I am assuming it was someone in that house that took him in ---- I don't know.

Well, what can one really say? This isn't about guns at all. It was a total dereliction of duty all around --- everyone knew, no one did anything.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11243&stc=1

Elessar
02-16-2018, 05:09 PM

I'm not going to get into the whole gun/tool debate, said my part, but I think folks should continue to research such things, instead of regurgitating what the mass media falsely spews on us.

I initially wanted to tell you to shut your pie hole.

But you came forth with very good observation People Not the damn machine they wield beer:

aboutime
02-16-2018, 05:20 PM
You can complain as much as you like. Make accusations as much as you like. Tell us how terrible all of this stuff is as much as you like....all the while, blaming the President?

So tell us. Did the last President listen to you complaining?
Did you accuse the last President as much as you blame Trump>
Who did you blame when Obama was President?

NOW...tell us how you would honestly..INSTANTLY correct all of this stuff taking place?

Keep in mind. The population of our nation is now near 350 Million people.
How many police officers are now working in the United States?

How is it possible for ANY PRESIDENT to stop mentally disturbed, unknown people from killing anyone in a nation where LIBERALS blame guns....and say nothing about the Mental Sickness that causes CRAZY PEOPLE to act as they do?????

Finally. When you come up with an Honest REMEDY. Be sure to tell us all, and guarantee YOUR IDEA will work.

Gunny
02-16-2018, 05:31 PM
I think the OP is spot on. I think gabosaurus response is EXACTLY what she accused ours of being. Same old bullsh*t.

aboutime
02-16-2018, 08:30 PM

petey. Funny you should ask. My plan to combat this would be making sure, people like you, with such hatred for everything you don't like, or agree with...is under constant scrutiny by FBI.

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 08:32 PM
petey. Funny you should ask. My plan to combat this would be making sure, people like you, with such hatred for everything you don't like, or agree with...is under constant scrutiny by FBI.
We could recommend full cavity search but Pete would probably enjoy that.

aboutime
02-16-2018, 08:38 PM
We could recommend full cavity search but Pete would probably enjoy that.

That would leave a REALLY BAD TASTE in petey's mouth when they play SWITCH with the rubber glove used for the ANAL search.:dance::clap::laugh::laugh2::lol::clap:

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Still no ideas
What's your idea?

But please don't tell me it's outlawing AR-15's. That's the most pathetic partisan, anti American, anti constitutional crap there is, and it does NOT address the root problem.

Be serious... tell us... what is your solution...

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 08:54 PM
What's your idea?

But please don't tell me it's outlawing AR-15's. That's the most pathetic partisan, anti American, anti constitutional crap there is, and it does NOT address the root problem.

Be serious... tell us... what is your solution...
He's fucking blind. I (and probably others) have promoted ideas on this issue. Today.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 08:55 PM
He's fucking blind. I (and probably others) have promoted ideas on this issue. Today.
I hear ya, brother... I was going to give him the opportunity to sound SANE... but no hold my breath.

Gunny
02-16-2018, 09:01 PM
What's your idea?

Be serious... tell us... what is your solution...I can out-shoot an AR-15 with a Remington 700. In 7mm mag, the trajectory is so flat for a thousand yards you don't have to change your dope much.

Hmmm ... outlawing bolt action rifles with 5 shot magazines is thought. Might as well toss the Red Ryder's in there too :rolleyes: (they kill lizards).

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 09:20 PM
I can out-shoot an AR-15 with a Remington 700. In 7mm mag, the trajectory is so flat for a thousand yards you don't have to change your dope much.

Hmmm ... outlawing bolt action rifles with 5 shot magazines is thought. Might as well toss the Red Ryder's in there too :rolleyes: (they kill lizards).
Fuck yes... there's FAR more dangerous firearms around than an AR.

A 12 gauge shot gun with double ott buck would do a HELL of a lot more damage at close range. It kills EVERYONE inside it's dispersion pattern with ONE SHOT, and that is exactly what I would use if I wanted to take down a shit load of people at close range. But city slickers that don't know jack shit about guns have no idea. The AR-15 is BLACK, and it's SCARY LOOKING. Pfft... they have no fucking clue.

Gunny
02-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Little factoid the MSM DIDN'T report. 95% of these mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Imagine THAT. Targeting known, disarmed people.

Black Diamond
02-16-2018, 09:43 PM
Little factoid the MSM DIDN'T report. 95% of these mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Imagine THAT. Targeting known, disarmed people.
You mean the killer didn't follow the law? How can that be ?

Gunny
02-16-2018, 09:50 PM
You mean the killer didn't follow the law? How can that be ?If sarcasm had a smell, I say the smell is strong with this one ..:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
02-16-2018, 10:51 PM
What the fuck ya doin'... you're not supposed to talk about that... :laugh: