PDA

View Full Version : USmessageboards...

Insein
01-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Its sad to say but the new owner just isnt as good. The boards seem too policed now. Debates are overrun by the normal "no facts" shouters that have nothing to back their BS up. Oh well. It was a good run,

Pale Rider
01-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Its sad to say but the new owner just isnt as good. The boards seem too policed now. Debates are overrun by the normal "no facts" shouters that have nothing to back their BS up. Oh well. It was a good run,

And did you see the new faggy colors? What kind of queer ass mauve shit is that?

MtnBiker
01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I think Jim will offer a great place here. Of course we will need quality members here, so I'm glad you are here Insein!

MtnBiker
01-07-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm glad everyone is here. But do not wish for any kind of board war. We can make this a great place.

Mr. P
01-07-2007, 10:59 PM
No, no, no war! This place is almost the same as the old, even after the hack.

We’ll survive and thrive. :2up:

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 10:56 AM
No, no, no war! This place is almost the same as the old, even after the hack.

We’ll survive and thrive. :2up:

Absolutely. Jimmy's got the best, laid back board on the internet. When I stumbled on the USMB, I knew I had a home. That came to an end, but we just moved into a new home... :D

5stringJeff
01-08-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm back, after the hack! WTF?

Insein
01-08-2007, 12:40 PM
yea this board basically is "Usmessageboards" in spirit. So i guess we havent lost anything, except bully, psycho, spillmind and the like, lol.

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 05:07 PM
yea this board basically is "Usmessageboards" in spirit. So i guess we havent lost anything, except bully, psycho, spillmind and the like, lol.

They sure caused a lot of debate though. But, I'd usually be sitting in disblief that anyone could be so fucked in the head.

Insein
01-08-2007, 07:24 PM
They sure caused a lot of debate though. But, I'd usually be sitting in disblief that anyone could be so fucked in the head.

they caused an awful lot of arguing i'd say. It would be like trying to argue that the sky is blue while they keep screaming its purple then put their fingers in their ears and say we made the whole blue sky thing up as a conspiracy.

Roomy
01-12-2007, 12:41 PM
The new owner offered all banned members an amnesty, I took him up on the offer.:D

Mr. P
01-12-2007, 12:43 PM
The new owner offered all banned members an amnesty, I took him up on the offer.:D

You're kidding..they just booted me this week. Bastards! :pee: em!

darin
01-12-2007, 12:58 PM

we'll see how long you last here :)

Roomy
01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
we'll see how long you last here :)

Probably has more to do with you than me;)

darin
01-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Right - if the Admins get tired of dealing with complaints, we'll fix things :)

who complains besides you and OCA? (since you complain about everyone to the left).

Roomy
01-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Right - if the Admins get tired of dealing with complaints, we'll fix things :)
How very disingenuous of you.Your agenda is blowing in the wind, I shouldn't expect anything less I suppose.:read: I read the rules, did you?

CockySOB
01-12-2007, 02:18 PM
All due respect Roomy old lad, but if you seriously thought it was a problem with dmp, jimnyc or the like, then what in the hell are you doing here? Trying to stir the shit? Sophomoric at best, childish at worst. Get over yourself.

Roomy
01-12-2007, 02:34 PM
All due respect Roomy old lad, but if you seriously thought it was a problem with dmp, jimnyc or the like, then what in the hell are you doing here? Trying to stir the shit? Sophomoric at best, childish at worst. Get over yourself.

You take me way too seriously, get over me.

CockySOB
01-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Somebody forgot to close the screen door and now we've got a mildly annoying gnat buzzing around......

darin
01-12-2007, 02:44 PM
How very disingenuous of you.Your agenda is blowing in the wind, I shouldn't expect anything less I suppose.:read: I read the rules, did you?

The admins 'are' the rules, lass.

Mr. P
01-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Personally I see no reason for shots to be fired at Roomy...(yet). :D

Roomy
01-12-2007, 02:50 PM

They need someone to shoot at, it's ok, I can handle it, I can't do anything about abuse of power though.I think Cock is after a job:laugh:

CockySOB
01-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Not firing shots at him, although his self-professed dislike of the former admins/mods of USMB make it extremely questionable as to why he bothered coming here at all. If you call that a shot, then you might need a new dictionary, like the Merriam-Webster or Oxford English dictionaries.

Mr. P
01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Not firing shots at him, although his self-professed dislike of the former admins/mods of USMB make it extremely questionable as to why he bothered coming here at all. If you call that a shot, then you might need a new dictionary, like the Merriam-Webster or Oxford English dictionaries.

dmp fired on page one without cause, you joined the fire..yeah it's a shot.

Why not wait an see?

Roomy
01-12-2007, 03:04 PM

For your information it was 1 mod in particular and I don't know his capacity here, could be he his just a regular poster, therefore I can handle anything he has got.
jimnyc is a good guy.

dmp is ok as long as he differentiates and loses the trigger finger when I rile him.

So shove that where the sun don't shine oh font of all human knowledge......wait a minute, thats me:D

CockySOB
01-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Why not wait an see?

Explain which post was a "shot" then from dmp, 'cause I didn't see anything that remotely resembled a shot. Unless you've got a very low threshold for commentary that is.

Roomy
01-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Explain which post was a "shot" then from dmp, 'cause I didn't see anything that remotely resembled a shot. Unless you've got a very low threshold for commentary that is.

Why don't you just give it a rest instead of stirring shit.

KitchenKitten99
01-12-2007, 03:19 PM
You're kidding..they just booted me this week. Bastards! :pee: em!

YOU got banned? dang! Someone has a temper over there (or soft skin)... do I dare ask why, or can i find my own answer? I don't there much anymore, maybe 1-2x per day, and almost never any section other than 'chat' or whatever it's called this week...

OCA
01-12-2007, 03:25 PM

No, it has everything to do with you......pikey.

Roomy
01-12-2007, 03:40 PM

And here you are, the pet bastard, they only keep you because they laugh at you:D :D :D

OCA
01-12-2007, 03:44 PM
And here you are, the pet bastard, they only keep you because they laugh at you:D :D :D

Lame response at best, your a joke.

Roomy
01-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Lame response at best, your a joke.

I bet everyone else is laughing even if they won't admit it.Toddle off now will you, mind you don't fall.

OCA
01-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I bet everyone else is laughing even if they won't admit it.Toddle off now will you, mind you don't fall.

Pikey I whipped your ass on my worst day, you have been the butt of our jokes in private conversations for months, you are delusional to think otherwise. Now go see a dentist.:laugh:

Roomy
01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Pikey I whipped your ass on my worst day, you have been the butt of our jokes in private conversations for months, you are delusional to think otherwise. Now go see a dentist.:laugh:

No, what you did you little pet bastard was increase a 24 hour ban (given to me by someone else) to 3 months because you are a fucking coward and I used to eat you for breakfast, you saw an opportunity and like the coward you are, you took it.Do you still hide behind your toy sherrifs badge?:lmao:

OCA
01-12-2007, 04:10 PM
No, what you did you little pet bastard was increase a 24 hour ban (given to me by someone else) to 3 months because you are a fucking coward and I used to eat you for breakfast, you saw an opportunity and like the coward you are, you took it.Do you still hide behind your toy sherrifs badge?:lmao:

I sure did and it made me feel great! I'm the fucking man!:dev:

Oh and you used to eat my balls for breakfast.

Roomy
01-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I sure did and it made me feel great! I'm the fucking man!:dev:

Oh and you used to eat my balls for breakfast.

You just proved me wrong, I didn't think you could go any further down in my estimation.:pee: on you, don't drink it..

You are a prize idiot and laughing stock, those here that didn't know what you are like, know now, you cowardly little bastard.:laugh:

OCA
01-12-2007, 04:26 PM
You just proved me wrong, I didn't think you could go any further down in my estimation.:pee: on you, don't drink it..

You are a prize idiot and laughing stock, those here that didn't know what you are like, know now, you cowardly little bastard.:laugh:

Oh, flattery will get you everywhere, you handsome pikey you.

Don't let the jealousy tear you apart, I was the man, am the man and will always be the man, accept your little pathetic part in the board and move on.:D

Roomy
01-12-2007, 04:33 PM

Don't let the jealousy tear you apart, I was the man, am the man and will always be the man, accept your little pathetic part in the board and move on.:D

If this board fails it will be despite you, if it succeeds it will be in spite of you.:beer:

You never could stand me getting all the plaudits at your expense could you?:D

darin
01-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Why not wait an see?

Page one? You should change your preferences to show 40 per page, cuz we're STILL on page one. :)

We don't change preferences of our users here - unlike some places; you'll have to do it yourself. ;)

OCA
01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
If this board fails it will be despite you, if it succeeds it will be in spite of you.:beer:

You never could stand me getting all the plaudits at your expense could you?:D

What imaginary plaudits would these be? I only read jeers and sneers.

Face it your nothing but the board fool.

TheSage
01-12-2007, 06:01 PM

YEah. It takes a real man to have his friend abuse their mod powers.

Mr. P
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Page one? You should change your preferences to show 40 per page, cuz we're STILL on page one. :)

We don't change preferences of our users here - unlike some places; you'll have to do it yourself. ;)

Hey, I'll bet most are on the default, BUTTHEAD! :laugh:

darin
01-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey, I'll bet most are on the default, BUTTHEAD! :laugh:

And now those who read this can change it! :D

Mr. P
01-12-2007, 06:42 PM
And now those who read this can change it! :D

If they like..never been an issue for me..:D

Said1
01-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Ewwww. Ahhhh. What an exciting show of bravado.

I'm.

So.

Turned.

On.

Grumplestillskin
01-12-2007, 11:45 PM

Nobody has a problem with Jimmy as far as I can tell. OCA and Darin are a different kettle of fish...:dev:

Grumplestillskin
01-12-2007, 11:46 PM

Bingo...

Grumplestillskin
01-12-2007, 11:47 PM

:laugh: Got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn...:laugh:

Grumplestillskin
01-12-2007, 11:52 PM

And you think you ain't the butt of A LOT of peoples' jokes in private...RATFLMAO!!

jillian
01-13-2007, 01:23 AM
OCA likes using the board to let off steam, I think. Darin just wants the board to be right-wingers only. He forgets that part of being an admin is to foster discussion, not end it. Somehow, I think Jim wants a better environment than that.

Grumplestillskin
01-13-2007, 01:33 AM
All the more reason both should give up their privileges like they did on the USMB. They're both power junkies/cowards. Just think back in history J, who are both power junkies and cowards. Don't make pretty reading does it...:lol:

jillian
01-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Well, I'd like to think Jim asking me to be a mod means that he wants some balance. Hopefully I'll be able to do that. I don't have any control over the other stuff.

But no, it isn't pretty to read.

stephanie
01-13-2007, 01:36 AM
OCA likes using the board to let off steam, I think. Darin just wants the board to be right-wingers only. He forgets that part of being an admin is to foster discussion, not end it. Somehow, I think Jim wants a better environment than that.

I dont think Darin just wants right wingers...It just so happened us long time members just happened to all be conservatives or moderates and such.... And the rest of a different persuasion have wondered in and I think a good number have been here awhile...

We all have known Oca for a long time and we know how he is...His bark is probably worse than his bite.........But I'm not sure I want to find out....:laugh:

Jimmy and John are just sweethearts, well they are in my book anyway....(hows that for some buttering Up),,,,,:p

Grumplestillskin
01-13-2007, 01:41 AM
I dont think Darin just wants right wingers...It just so happened us long time members just happened to all be conservatives or moderates and such.... And the rest of a different persuasion have wondered in and I think a good number have been here awhile...

We all have known Oca for a long time and we know how he is...His bark is probably worse than his bite.........But I'm not sure I want to find out....:laugh:

Jimmy and John are just sweethearts, well they are in my book anyway....(hows that for some buttering Up),,,,,:p

You're probably right to a degree. Thing is, if all the mods were like that, you could say "well, that's just the way it is". But they are the only two like that. In fact, I find Avatar and Jeff more fundamental in their beliefs, but a lot more easy going. As for OCA, it's a mystery why Jim humours him. Must be a long lost brother or something...:dev:

jillian
01-13-2007, 01:42 AM

Darin has pretty much said he thinks moderates and left-leaners are trolls by virtue of their opinions. I think that's kinda silly. Heck, if you and I can find a meeting point, anything's possible. :beer:

I agree re OCA, but he likes getting people rocking and rolling and then Darin would ban them. Also kinda silly. Just how I feel about it.

As for jimmy and john... sweethearts!

Insein
01-13-2007, 04:35 AM
someone did leave the screendoor open. Next thing you know, bully will be bringing his "Bush is Satan" posts followed by psycho's "Bush eats babies" posts. Ahh feels like home.

stephanie
01-13-2007, 06:35 AM
someone did leave the screen door open. Next thing you know, bully will be bringing his "Bush is Satan" posts followed by psycho's "Bush eats babies" posts. Ahh feels like home.

Let the games begin...:where we left off from before.............:lmao:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/16271.jpg

jimnyc
01-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Darin, OCA, John and Jim are all good guys! Of course our beliefs are different to an extent, and our approach to running forums may be different.

I also believe Jillian and Grumpy are good people too, as I've had the opportunity to speak with both in private over the past 6 months and both are OK in my book.

Remember, we're all human and we all have different traits. We're all here to have some fun discussion, highlighted with some good debates.

Let's all try a little harder to be a bit more understanding of one another, regardless of the others political beliefs.

Shoot me a PM if anyone has any outstanding issues! :)