PDA

View Full Version : Time to think about banning knives

jimnyc
02-19-2018, 03:04 PM
And no, not just rhetoric. But if the goal is to stop killings....

Look at the pure numbers. The murder rate & other violent crimes are right up there with the USA. If you take away one tool, another tool will be found. Anyone ignoring this, or claiming otherwise, is delusional. Yes, of course a gun will be faster and maybe kill more depending on the location. But as you can see, knife attacks can and will be used if a scumbag wants to kill someone. The knives aren't killing people, the scumbags are. The guns don't kill people, the scumbags pull the triggers. And then explosives. One of the worst mass killings in school history was back in the 30's and was an explosive. Scumbags WILL find a way. To think otherwise and continually attacking the tool won't do a ton to keep solving these crimes. These aren't stories from yesterday, just used for comparison reasons to show the arguments to be lame.

--

Knives Kill More People Each Year Than Rifles: Time For Knife Control?

According to crime statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), knives are consistently used to kill people far more often than rifles are used. And the numbers aren’t even close: five times as many murders were committed with knives than were committed with rifles last year.

The FBI statistics show that knives have been used as a murder weapon far more often than rifles — even those evil “assault weapons” we hear so much about — for quite a while. In 2013, knives or other cutting instruments were used to kill 1,490 victims. In contrast, rifles were the cause of death of 285 murder victims. Shotguns were used in 308 murders. In 2009, the ratio was very similar: knives were used in five times as many murders as rifles.

The 2013 numbers are even more interesting when you compare them to data from 2003, the last year in which the 1994 federal “assault weapon” ban was in effect. In 2003, 390 people were murdered with a rifle. That’s right. The number of rifle murders is 27 percent lower today — ten years after the expiration of the “assault weapon” ban — than it was in 2003, the last year “assault weapons” were banned by the federal government.

“But what about handgun murders?” you might ask. “They’re responsible for the majority of gun murders, so why don’t we just ban them and stop worrying about rifles?”

Easy: because gun bans and strict gun control don’t really prevent gun violence. Take, for example, Illinois and California. In 2013, there were 5,782 murders by handgun in the U.S. According to FBI data, 20 percent of those — 1,157 of the 5,782 handgun murders — happened in Illinois and California, which have two of the toughest state gun control regimes in the entire country. And even though California and Illinois contain about 16 percent of the nation’s population, those two states are responsible for over 20 percent of the nation’s handgun murders.

Rest - http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/knives-kill-more-people-each-year-than-rifles-time-for-knife-control/

Crime/Death/Murder stats comparisons:

Country vs country: China and United States compared: Crime stats

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/China/United-States/Crime

At least 28 die in 'terrorist' attack at Chinese train station: reports

BEIJING (Reuters) - At least 28 people were killed by knife-wielding attackers in a “violent terrorist attack” at a train station in the southwestern Chinese city of Kunming, and police shot dead five of the assailants, state media said on Sunday.

Another 113 people were wounded, the official Xinhua news agency said, revising down a previous higher figure. It said the attack had taken place late on Saturday evening.

“It was an organized, premeditated violent terrorist attack,” Xinhua said.

Police were searching for around five others of the unidentified attackers, it said.

Kunming resident Yang Haifei told Xinhua that he was buying a ticket when he saw a group of people, mostly wearing black, rush into the station and start attacking bystanders.

“I saw a person come straight at me with a long knife and I ran away with everyone,” he said, adding that the attackers caught those who were slower. “They just fell on the ground.”

Graphic pictures on the Twitter-like microblogging service Sina Weibo showed bodies covered in blood lying on the ground at the station.

State television showed police wrapping a long, sword-like knife in a plastic bag, amid heavy security at the station.

Rest - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-attack/at-least-28-die-in-terrorist-attack-at-chinese-train-station-reports-idUSBREA200OQ20140301

pete311
02-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Then what is the solution. The facts are the US has a higher murder rate than any country in Europe besides Russia and there are a lot of liberals in Europe.

Black Diamond
02-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Then what is the solution. The facts are the US has a higher murder rate than any country in Europe besides Russia and there are a lot of liberals in Europe.
Put the insane people back in mental hospitals for starters.

Europe and Russia don't have the diversity we have. Or they didn't...

pete311
02-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Put the insane people back in mental hospitals for starters.

Europe and Russia don't have the diversity we have. Or they didn't...

Seems like only white males shoot up schools. Did this kid ever get a mental exam?

Trump backs efforts to bolster FBI gun checks
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-stays-quiet-shooting-victims-fumes-russia-53190455

aboutime
02-19-2018, 03:25 PM

petey. You did it again. Tell us oh brainless one. What is the population of each European country, compared to the U.S. 320 Million? Then think for yourself....for a change, and logically.

pete311
02-19-2018, 03:38 PM
petey. You did it again. Tell us oh brainless one. What is the population of each European country, compared to the U.S. 320 Million? Then think for yourself....for a change, and logically.

you realize murder rate is per capita right... right? Do you know what that means?

aboutime
02-19-2018, 03:40 PM
you realize murder rate is per capita right... right? Do you know what that means?

No. Nobody else on earth is as smart as you. So you tell us all you know, and forget what i said.

LongTermGuy
02-19-2018, 03:42 PM
Seems like only white males shoot up schools. Did this kid ever get a mental exam?

Trump backs efforts to bolster FBI gun checks
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-stays-quiet-shooting-victims-fumes-russia-53190455

Seems like the Cancer of Liberalism (which effects all colors) makes all bad things possible with its Ignorance.....and stupidity...The decline in moral values which is necessary for a rise in liberal values is the root cause.......

**This has been slowly coming on for decades. Liberal indoctrination has created dependent, mind numbed puppets to do their bidding. Look at the violence and death threats made after the election just because they didn’t get their way.

Look at the violence they resort to when preventing speakers they don’t agree with. Look at how colleges gave them coloring books, safe spaces, and play doh` to soothe them.

Aren’t they supposed to be adults now? Participation trophy's have denied the important lesson of being a gracious loser and a humble winner.

***Liberalism has created people devoid of >>common sense<<lacking respect for others, and the ability to reason. A lot of liberals never take responsibility for their own actions and will blame others (usually their leaders opponents) when things go wrong. Yes liberal indoctrination is the root cause of many of our problems today.

​`Mental Illness` and Liberalism causes Death....

An oldie...but it still holds true today...

http://gulagbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/last-six-mass-shootings-left-wing-liberals.jpg

hjmick
02-19-2018, 04:43 PM
Come and take it, motherfuckers...

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.knifecenter.com%2Fknifecent er%2Fkbar%2Fimages%2F1271c.jpg&f=1

Elessar
02-19-2018, 05:31 PM

You have the rhetoric of a solution.

So show it.

Otherwise be a PART of a solution....not an excuse for a liberal denial.

You make me sick with your blinders and denial.

Hide in your basement.

You have not got the balls of a Rat.

Elessar
02-19-2018, 05:37 PM

Impossible.

gabosaurus
02-19-2018, 05:46 PM
If a single person runs into a school or mall with a large knife, how many people are going to be killed? How many are going to be too intimidated by a knife to act?
Once again, this is far-right bullshit thrown out cowardly apologists who don't want to admit they are wrong. They prefer the right to own guns over the safety of children. And will continue to believe such until they have to deal with one of their loved ones laying on a slab at the morgue.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476409/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-weapon-types-used/

Bilgerat
02-19-2018, 05:50 PM
If a single person runs into a school or mall with a large knife, how many people are going to be killed?

Wait, I thought the song and dance by the left was "If you can save just one Life"

I guess that only applies to gun grabbing.

Elessar
02-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Explain this Pete and Gabby:

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2013/jan/30/greg-abbott/greg-abbott-says-according-fbi-more-people-are-kil/

Let's us see your 'wisdom'.

Gunny
02-19-2018, 06:04 PM
You keep asking and offering nothing but a guaranteed failure as a solution. Got another plan? Of course not. You'll sink with the same one that doesn't work rather than admit you're wrong.

pete311
02-19-2018, 06:19 PM

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2013/jan/30/greg-abbott/greg-abbott-says-according-fbi-more-people-are-kil/

I think part of the discussion must revolve around the fact that certain weapons sole function is to kill and no hunter is going out to shoot a deer with an AR15 (yes I know you'll likely post a youtube video). Knives, clubs, hammers have benign primary functions. This is the same as the car argument.

gabosaurus
02-19-2018, 06:28 PM

I am not talking about solitary incidents. I am talking about mass murders. People who walk in and start shooting. Can you kill 15-20 people in less than 10 minutes with a knife or a club?

While we are exchanging wisdom here, tell me why any person would want to own a military-grade combat weapon. Why do you need a bump stock or multiple large-capacity magazines?
I am not talking second amendment rights, or the mere idea that you can. Why do you need it? You can't go hunting with it. You don't need one to defend your home. So what it is?

pete311
02-19-2018, 06:30 PM
Can you kill 15-20 people in less than 10 minutes with a knife or a club?

They will cherry pick an incident that happened 30 years ago in mongolia. oh and course many macho men here can do that as well if they wanted to.

Gunny
02-19-2018, 06:30 PM
If a single person runs into a school or mall with a large knife, how many people are going to be killed? How many are going to be too intimidated by a knife to act?
Once again, this is far-right bullshit thrown out cowardly apologists who don't want to admit they are wrong. They prefer the right to own guns over the safety of children. And will continue to believe such until they have to deal with one of their loved ones laying on a slab at the morgue.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476409/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-weapon-types-used/All BS aside? In a mall or a school? Over a dozen. Easily.

How many school shooters can YOU disarm with your mouth?

Thought so.

pete311
02-19-2018, 06:32 PM
All BS aside? In a mall or a school? Over a dozen. Easily.

How many school shooters can YOU disarm with your mouth?

Thought so.

called it! we got a bunch of 70 year old rambos here!

NightTrain
02-19-2018, 06:34 PM
I think part of the discussion must revolve around the fact that certain weapons sole function is to kill and no hunter is going out to shoot a deer with an AR15 (yes I know you'll likely post a youtube video). Knives, clubs, hammers have benign primary functions. This is the same as the car argument.

An AR-15 is a .223 caliber. That means it is perfectly capable of bringing down a moose with proper shot placement. A .223 is a very fast round with not much knock-down power, but that's where shot placement counts.

I grew up eating moose killed almost exclusively with a .243 Ruger. It's a perfectly legitimate and popular all-around caliber. I wouldn't shoot a bear with it unless that's all I had and the chips were down, but it's perfectly capable of hunting.

For the love of God, stop believing all the liberal hysteria and research some of your talking points, Pete. You should know more than anyone how little moonbats know about firearms.

Gunny
02-19-2018, 06:40 PM
called it! we got a bunch of 70 year old rambos here!Really? It doesn't take a "Rambo" to take out a bunch of people in a contained environment with a blade. All it takes is training and ability and will to do it.

Why don't you back out of something you know nothing about?

And I got a ways to go to get to 70, chump.

Elessar
02-19-2018, 06:42 PM
l
Let's settle back
and see what the liberals have as a solution.

None I wager, but it will be amusing

Elessar
02-19-2018, 06:51 PM
I am not talking about solitary incidents. I am talking about mass murders. People who walk in and start shooting. Can you kill 15-20 people in less than 10 minutes with a knife or a club?

?

Yes, and so can a couple others here

jimnyc
02-19-2018, 07:56 PM

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476409/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-weapon-types-used/

Yes, and take away the guns - and you'll have exactly what you see in China, but probably 10x worse.

Once again, you're a fucking idiot. Now run along like you did in the past 10 posts where you made an ass out of yourself only to not return.

Gunny
02-19-2018, 07:56 PM

While we are exchanging wisdom here, tell me why any person would want to own a military-grade combat weapon. Why do you need a bump stock or multiple large-capacity magazines?
I am not talking second amendment rights, or the mere idea that you can. Why do you need it? You can't go hunting with it. You don't need one to defend your home. So what it is?Less than 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, even the sheeple like you get it and run.

It's none of your business why anyone needs whatever. I can ask why you "need" a LOT of things that I think are pointless and/or stupid. It is not YOUR "Right" to quantify MY Rights. I realize that is a hard concept for a lefty since all y'all do is tell others how to live, but it's the way it is.

Right off hand, basing my response to WHO I am responding to, I "need" whatever the Hell I consider necessary to keep left wing fascist bullies who attack as mobs from attacking me, my family, any other innocent bystander for simply disagreeing with you thinking you have the "Right" to determine what MINE are. Then there are those other criminals that show from time to time and exist whter or not you wish to acknowledge the threat.

All fun and games until it's YOU, Gabby. You aren't going to legislate terrorists/nut cases away. Just the ability to defend against them. And what I use to do it is none of your business.

Firearms are outlawed in the UK. Guess how it started? "Why do you need "this" or "that".

You're dismissed.:talk2hand:

jimnyc
02-19-2018, 08:01 PM

And a couple of liberal snowflakes and their tolerance about anything. Don't even get me started on the inability to know facts if they're dropped on liberal heads like anvils. At least you have the courage to sit around and try to defend your lame arguments, while Gabby spews the same exact crap you see on the liberal shows and then runs to get more stories from her grammar school students to borrow! :laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/enm8xTN.jpg

jimnyc
02-19-2018, 08:03 PM
Funny when you see dolts whining about "why do you need such a gun..." -- and if you were to post an old "looking" gun like Grandpa used to use, with the same capacity and same ammo used, and they are just too dense and uneducated to know.

jimnyc
02-19-2018, 08:13 PM
Folks want to mix one method with another, stabbings with shootings. Lets agree that shootings are a large number, and perhaps should be addressed, perhaps in various manners.

So ignore the 2nd leading weapon year after year? Why ignore it at all? And only an idiot wouldn't believe - that if method #1 of gun shootings were to be taken away, that method #2 wouldn't severely increase.

But the knives are there regardless, and are the 2nd leading weapon, in the thousands year after year. Why ignore this weapon?

High_Plains_Drifter
02-19-2018, 08:24 PM

Once again you revert to pretending a solution is treating the symptom and not the PROBLEM.

It isn't the WEAPON that KILLS, it's the PEOPLE WIELDING the weapon.

WHY oh WHY oh WHY do you people IGNORE THAT?

Wait... I remember... BECAUSE YOUR LEFTIST COMMIE WET DREAM IS TO CONFISCATE ALL GUNS IN AMERICA.

Again... it will NEVER HAPPEN... EVER... you're wetting yourself over something that will NEVER HAPPEN. It's IMPOSSIBLE on it's FACE.

But how about you people QUIT with the FAUX OUTRAGE and GET REAL? What about all these MENTALS that YOUR SCHOOLS ARE INDOCTRINATING? Why is it YOUR... YOUR... generation that is the generation of KILLERS?

Answer that...

https://image.ibb.co/byEW6S/idiot_left.jpg

Gunny
02-19-2018, 08:25 PM
Funny when you see dolts whining about "why do you need such a gun..." -- and if you were to post an old "looking" gun like Grandpa used to use, with the same capacity and same ammo used, and they are just too dense and uneducated to know.Fact is, she tried to game her question. She started with what you could do with a blade then tried to make it comparable to semi-automatic weapon.

Far as I'm concerned, and since Pete thinks he's so "up on the Gunny", this guy was a miserable failure. I could rack twice the body count if not more and use "Grandpa's" 12 gauge pump and my bolt action Remington with a 5 shot mag.

What they don't get, and lively never will is it's THE PERSON that is dangerous. Not the freakin' tool. All these bleeding hearts are just lucky almost all of these yahoos are "think for the moment" killers and don't actually know what they're doing or have a plan.

And pete311 I don't know what possessed you to drag me down into your sewer, but Rambo was a pussy, not to mention a fictional character.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-19-2018, 08:38 PM
So gun deaths in America are higher than other nations?

So is our population.

But aside from that fact, what the left DOESN'T want to SPECIFY about the number of gun deaths in America is, MOST OF THEM ARE SUICIDE.

Let's have some more LIES, OMISSIONS and OBFUSCATIONS demtards, I'm not done laughing yet...

aboutime
02-19-2018, 08:56 PM

petey. Unlike you three year old liberal wussies who whine about everything.

At least most of us 70 year olds know how to handle kiddies like you.

Keep coming here to make fun of us. And remember. IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH to live as long as us. YOU will one day reach 70. And figure out why ALL OF US LAUGHED AT YOU.

jimnyc
02-19-2018, 09:02 PM
Just a few examples of what happens when the scumbag criminals don't have guns as an option.

---

Outside the Americas, Knives Are Often the Weapon of Choice in Homicides

More than 130 people in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random.

On Saturday, more than 130 people in a train station in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random, the BBC reports. The attackers, who authorities say might be members of a Muslim separatist group from Xinjiang province, used swords and meat cleavers to inflict damage on people lined up near the busy station’s ticket counter. Officials stated that at least 28 people have been confirmed dead as a result of the attacks, Reuters reports.

As shocking as Saturday’s attack is, knife attacks are not uncommon in China. As Quartz reports, knives are often the weapon of choice there. Here’s Quartz:

It’s unclear exactly how many knife attacks have taken place in China over the years, but the almost regular media reports of the attacks suggest that efforts to regulate the purchase of knives or punish offenders haven’t been successful.

Most recently, targets for these knife attacks have included schools and shopping centers. Last June, knife-wielding assailants killed nine policemen and 17 civilians at a police station in Lukqun Township in Xinjiang.

In July of 2013, a mentally ill man stabbed four people, leaving a two-year-old boy dead, outside of a Carrefour shop in Beijing with a knife he purchased from the store. The following month, another man stabbed several passengers on a bus in Henan province, killing three, including a 10-month old baby and a 10-year-old child.

China is not unique in its problem with knives, however. In Japan, in 2001 a janitor wielding a kitchen knife killed eight children at an Osaka school where he worked, while a man in Tokyo went on a random stabbing spree with a dagger in 2008, killing four people. In South Korea, a disgruntled man killed eight people in a stabbing spree at his apartment complex in 2008. In Germany, a drunk 16-year-old stabbed 41 people at the opening ceremony of a Berlin train station. And last year, anti-knife campaigns ramped up in the U.K after a 13-year-old girl was stabbed to death.

All of these countries have tight gun control laws, and rates of violent crime involving knives reflect that. According to the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime, firearms account for 76 percent of homicide weapons in the Americas (30 countries), while knives make up just 10 percent of those crimes. In Europe (32 countries), on the other hand, guns are involved in 36 percent of murders and knives are involved in 43 percent. Here’s the U.N.:

Over the whole age range, a male in the Americas is around six times more likely to be killed by a firearm than a knife. In contrast, in 17 countries in Asia, firearm and sharp object homicides are much more equally distributed in the 15 to 34 age group: while a slightly higher proportion of violent deaths are caused by firearm in each group, a male in the countries examined in Asia is almost as likely to be killed by a knife as a firearm.

Likewise, deaths among European men are about evenly divided between guns and sharp objects, the U.N. reports. While either a gun or a knife is, clearly, a potential murder weapon, there is a correlation between the availability of guns and the lethality of violent crimes, the U.N. writes.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/outside-americas-knives-are-often-weapon-choice-homicides-180949953/

Report: 36 killed after knife gang attacks police station

Knife-wielding assailants killed nine policemen and 17 civilians in a bloody attack that only ended after 10 attackers were shot dead in western China Wednesday, according to NBC News.

The site reports at least three people were also injured during the early morning assault on the Lukqun Township in Xinjiang province.

If confirmed, it would be one of the bloodiest incidents in Xinjiang since nearly 200 people were killed in the regional capital, Urumqi, in 2009, NBC News reports.

Rest - http://newsok.com/article/3857131

High_Plains_Drifter
02-19-2018, 09:03 PM
Ya... and here's you young dough boys...

https://www.newsmax.com/us/americans-unfit-military-enlist/2014/06/28/id/579805/

Gunny
02-19-2018, 09:16 PM
Just a few examples of what happens when the scumbag criminals don't have guns as an option.

---

Outside the Americas, Knives Are Often the Weapon of Choice in Homicides

More than 130 people in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random.

On Saturday, more than 130 people in a train station in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random, the BBC reports. The attackers, who authorities say might be members of a Muslim separatist group from Xinjiang province, used swords and meat cleavers to inflict damage on people lined up near the busy station’s ticket counter. Officials stated that at least 28 people have been confirmed dead as a result of the attacks, Reuters reports.

As shocking as Saturday’s attack is, knife attacks are not uncommon in China. As Quartz reports, knives are often the weapon of choice there. Here’s Quartz:

China is not unique in its problem with knives, however. In Japan, in 2001 a janitor wielding a kitchen knife killed eight children at an Osaka school where he worked, while a man in Tokyo went on a random stabbing spree with a dagger in 2008, killing four people. In South Korea, a disgruntled man killed eight people in a stabbing spree at his apartment complex in 2008. In Germany, a drunk 16-year-old stabbed 41 people at the opening ceremony of a Berlin train station. And last year, anti-knife campaigns ramped up in the U.K after a 13-year-old girl was stabbed to death.

All of these countries have tight gun control laws, and rates of violent crime involving knives reflect that. According to the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime, firearms account for 76 percent of homicide weapons in the Americas (30 countries), while knives make up just 10 percent of those crimes. In Europe (32 countries), on the other hand, guns are involved in 36 percent of murders and knives are involved in 43 percent. Here’s the U.N.:

Likewise, deaths among European men are about evenly divided between guns and sharp objects, the U.N. reports. While either a gun or a knife is, clearly, a potential murder weapon, there is a correlation between the availability of guns and the lethality of violent crimes, the U.N. writes.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/outside-americas-knives-are-often-weapon-choice-homicides-180949953/

Report: 36 killed after knife gang attacks police station

Knife-wielding assailants killed nine policemen and 17 civilians in a bloody attack that only ended after 10 attackers were shot dead in western China Wednesday, according to NBC News.

The site reports at least three people were also injured during the early morning assault on the Lukqun Township in Xinjiang province.

If confirmed, it would be one of the bloodiest incidents in Xinjiang since nearly 200 people were killed in the regional capital, Urumqi, in 2009, NBC News reports.

Rest - http://newsok.com/article/3857131Pete thinks you have to be a movie actor to pull off something that is rather easy. Two combat knives (y'all said knives - I'd rather have a sword), and a crowd? Don't get much easier. If you are trained, you can kill at least 4 people before anyone even registers it's time to react. Four more before they do reach. Four stragglers easy. That would take roughly a minute to 90 seconds. If you have an exit strategy (one would presume the average nut case would not), you haul ass and can be out of the parking lot before the first police arrive. Vehicle strategically located near Interstate and you're gone.

Granted, that is hypothetical because it would serve no real purpose. But then, neither does shooting up a school.

aboutime
02-19-2018, 09:19 PM
They wanna ban knives because they are SHARP.

Liberals never have to worry about THEM being banned. THEY AREN'T TOO SHARP! Ask petey.

pete311
02-19-2018, 09:31 PM
I'm stepping aside from this discussion as it has become toxic. My apologies to those I have offended.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-19-2018, 09:42 PM
I'm stepping aside from this discussion as it has become toxic. My apologies to those I have offended.
Well there's a new one... the truth is now "toxic."

aboutime
02-19-2018, 09:49 PM

Coward petey. Running from his sinking ship. Your apologies are as valid as your lack of honesty.
Just like the DNC, and Democrats taught you. Repeat your lies, accuse others with lies, then pretend to apologize while running for the door to the ALLEY...and the Gutter where your brain power flows to the sewer.

Gunny
02-19-2018, 09:50 PM
I'm stepping aside from this discussion as it has become toxic. My apologies to those I have offended. @pete311 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1821) stand your ground.

Speaking solely for me, I am not offended, insulted, or whatever. You opened your mouth and I jumped in it. I make fun of ME. That means you don't stand a chance at getting a break.

You don't know what you're talking about, simple as that. Not only do you not, but you are on a board where some of us DO have firsthand knowledge and we didn't get it in a movie theater.

Bottom line: There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING you or anyone else can do that is going to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. Why lefties think punishing the innocent is the way to accomplish that beats me, but it's y'all's mindset about everything. "Let's make a new law restricting _______."

You aren't going to stop a criminal who by definition is a _____? from breaking the law. He's already going to rob, steal and kill but for some illogical reason you think he's going to stop and say "No, I won't violate the firearms law". Right.:rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
02-19-2018, 09:53 PM
There's already a law against KILLING PEOPLE.

Why didn't that stop the killer?

I haven't gotten an answer from any of our board leftists.

I also haven't gotten an answer as to why all these killers are from THEIR GENERATION.

Any of you leftists care to explain that?

Why isn't all us OLD FOSSIL VETERANS that you HATE and frequently INSULT doing all this killing?

You liberals want us to take you seriously, how about answering those questions?

Gunny
02-19-2018, 10:16 PM
There's already a law against KILLING PEOPLE.

Why didn't that stop the killer?

I haven't gotten an answer from any of our board leftists.

I also haven't gotten an answer as to why all these killers are from THEIR GENERATION.

Any of you leftists care to explain that?

Why isn't all us OLD FOSSIL VETERANS that you HATE and frequently INSULT doing all this killing?

You liberals want us to take you seriously, how about answering those questions?We don't get out of bed early enough?:laugh:

Hell, I sleep in 'til 5AM nowadays.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-19-2018, 10:32 PM
We don't get out of bed early enough?:laugh:

Hell, I sleep in 'til 5AM nowadays.
I hear that... awake by 6:00AM just about every morning without an alarm clock.

On the rare occasion I stay awake past 11:00PM, I might sleep in 'til 7:00AM... ;)

Gunny
02-19-2018, 10:37 PM
I hear that... awake by 6:00AM just about every morning without an alarm clock.

On the rare occasion I stay awake past 11:00PM, I might sleep in 'til 7:00AM... ;)I don't have an alarm clock. Hell, I don't have a clock :laugh: (I got a watch). Have to get the oldest granddaughter up at 6. She's special needs and won't get up for anyone else. Which is touching, but sucks.:laugh:

Being the "morning person" I AIN'T, I have to down some coffee and smokes before dealing with them. So I'm usually up around 4:30 - 500.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-19-2018, 10:45 PM
I don't have an alarm clock. Hell, I don't have a clock :laugh: (I got a watch). Have to get the oldest granddaughter up at 6. She's special needs and won't get up for anyone else. Which is touching, but sucks.:laugh:

Being the "morning person" I AIN'T, I have to down some coffee and smokes before dealing with them. So I'm usually up around 4:30 - 500.
Strange how I used to be an "up all night" person. Might have been from all the swings I worked in the Air Force, and living for so many years in NV in towns like Vegas and Reno that never sleep.

But I don't care much for staying up at night anymore, the sun comes up, I can't stand being in bed. I'll be up at 5:30 soon as summer gets here and it starts getting light then too.