PDA

View Full Version : 'There's just no reason for assault rifles to be in the hands of ordinary citizens'

jimnyc
02-20-2018, 02:05 PM
So one of the best that America has to offer - we should all listen to what he has to say.

But can ANYONE tell me what is wrong with this picture? :rolleyes:

---

One of America's best marksmen on gun control:One of America's best marksmen on gun control: 'There's just no reason for assault rifles to be in the hands of ordinary citizens'

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea – Lowell Bailey is one of the best marksmen in America. The North Carolina native is so proficient with a gun that he has made a living off it. He is an Olympian biathlete. So his opinion on the roiling gun debate in his country is worth hearing.

On Tuesday night, after he had finished competing, he gave it.

“We’re a sport that uses a .22-caliber rifle,” Bailey said. “A .22-caliber rifle that shoots a single round is a much different thing than an AR-15. In my opinion, there’s just no reason for assault rifles to be in the hands of ordinary citizens.”

Rest:
https://sports.yahoo.com/one-americas-best-marksmen-gun-control-theres-just-no-reason-assault-rifles-hands-ordinary-citizens-171558054.html

Black Diamond
02-20-2018, 02:08 PM
First of all whose definition of assault rifle are we using? Barbara Boxers?

jimnyc
02-20-2018, 02:12 PM
First of all whose definition of assault rifle are we using? Barbara Boxers?

First off, an AR-15 is still only going to shoot a single round, unlike what this article makes it sound differently. It's also not near an "assault rifle". Heck, I don't think any of the shootings I can recall have they ever used an assault rifle. Assault rifles are 'almost' exclusively for the military.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-20-2018, 03:07 PM
Evidently this TWIT has either forgotten or NEVER KNEW what the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is.

Seems as though the entire bunch that went to the olympics on America's dime are also a bunch of jackass anti American leftists.

And probably why viewership of the olympics is DOWN 16% from the last winter olympics. When will these leftist jerk offs learn that they should go do their thing and keep their leftist pie hole shut?

CSM
02-20-2018, 04:43 PM
Shooting paper with a .22 all your life does not make you an expert on anything other that shooting paper with a .22

aboutime
02-20-2018, 04:46 PM
If they are successful in BANNING one kind of gun, or weapon. They are able to later BAN everything else...such as AMMO, and convincing enought UNEDUCATED LIBERALS to do away with the 2nd Amendment.

We cannot let it happen.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-20-2018, 04:59 PM
If they are successful in BANNING one kind of gun, or weapon. They are able to later BAN everything else...such as AMMO, and convincing enought UNEDUCATED LIBERALS to do away with the 2nd Amendment.

We cannot let it happen.
They're just picking on the AR-15 because it's SCARY LOOKING... even though a 12 gauge shot gun chamber in 3" mag with double ott buck makes a puny little .223 AR round look like a BB gun, but the shot gun has a pretty wooden stock and doesn't look SCARY, and that's just one example, there's more.

It's pure IGNORANCE of firearms is what it is.

pete311
02-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Trump gonna ban bump stocks
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/us/politics/trump-bump-stocks.htm

Gunny
02-20-2018, 05:54 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/us/politics/trump-bump-stocks.htmGot to love it. Throw Pete a bone and he thinks he got steak :laugh: A bump stop doesn'tmean jack shit, slick :laugh:

pete311
02-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Got to love it. Throw Pete a bone and he thinks he got steak :laugh: A bump stop doesn'tmean jack shit, slick :laugh:

just reporting the news, brietbart folks are melting down

Gunny
02-20-2018, 06:03 PM
just reporting the news, brietbart folks are melting downLet them. I understand why. It's a pussy toe in the door. At the same time, for all practical reality who gives a shit? It's not going to change one damned thing.

aboutime
02-20-2018, 08:20 PM
Let them. I understand why. It's a pussy toe in the door. At the same time, for all practical reality who gives a shit? It's not going to change one damned thing.

Hey petey. How many law breakers are gonna OBEY any new laws, when they don't obey the laws we have?
Remember these words:
If you take all of the guns from the legal owners. Only the criminals will have them.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-20-2018, 08:42 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/us/politics/trump-bump-stocks.htm
Big deal...

CSM
02-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Big deal...

Want to bet bump stock sales just went through the roof?

Gunny
02-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Want to bet bump stock sales just went through the roof?I don't even want nor have a need for an AR-15 and I'm looking at one. Just to have it. Because I can.

Think it's funny trying to punk me, Pete? I got a prick button you've never seen. You know ... that one that makes me "go all Gunny":rolleyes:

CSM
02-20-2018, 09:13 PM
I don't even want nor have a need for an AR-15 and I'm looking at one. Just to have it. Because I can.

Think it's funny trying to punk me, Pete? I got a prick button you've never seen. You know ... that one that makes me "go all Gunny":rolleyes:

Don't own an AR.... not much use for one. Have plenty of other firearms that work to defend myself, my home, my family and my country....

and nobody wants to see the button! Its a good thing CSMs don't have any buttons.

Gunny
02-20-2018, 09:22 PM
Don't own an AR.... not much use for one. Have plenty of other firearms that work to defend myself, my home, my family and my country....

and nobody wants to see the button! Its a good thing CSMs don't have any buttons.Sergeant Major's don't have buttons because they prop one foot on the desk, light a smoke, take a sip of coffee from a 5 gal cup and ask, "Well Gunny ... how you gonna fix THIS shit?"

Elessar
02-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Explain an 'assault rifle' sir Pete!

Do your really know one?

Tell me the characteristics and mechanisms.

You have no fucking clue but the MSM.

Go to bed

Gunny
02-20-2018, 10:01 PM

Do your really know one?

Go to bedIt's the Daisy BB gun I assault your head with using a horizontal butt stroke, followed closely with a forward butt stroke using the return momentum from the original move.

You've been assaulted.

Black Diamond
02-20-2018, 10:15 PM

Do your really know one?

Go to bed
Under one definition I recall, a glock pistol would be banned because it held more than a certain number of bullets. It was either boxers or feinsteins. Can't remember which.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Want to bet bump stock sales just went through the roof?
Obama and the democrats, and now the cry baby HS punks, are the best gun and gun parts sales people of the century.

FakeNewsSux
02-21-2018, 12:54 PM
pete311
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/u...ump-stocks.htm (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/us/politics/trump-bump-stocks.htm)

And let me guess, you're still going to hate him.

Gunny
02-21-2018, 03:03 PM
pete311
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/u...ump-stocks.htm (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/us/politics/trump-bump-stocks.htm)

And let me guess, you're still going to hate him.

:laugh: Pete's going to have to turn the bump stop in to his paintball gun

jimnyc
02-21-2018, 03:06 PM
Banning the bump stocks is like banning one particular type of ammunition of one type of gun from one certain year. Enough to appease the democrats but in reality doesn't mean much at all, even if it does end up going through.

pete311
02-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Banning the bump stocks is like banning one particular type of ammunition of one type of gun from one certain year. Enough to appease the democrats but in reality doesn't mean much at all, even if it does end up going through.

It's a bone Trump and the NRA can throw

jimnyc
02-21-2018, 03:50 PM
It's a bone Trump and the NRA can throw

The NRA ain't got shit with him trying to push the ban. If folks think a small handful of dollars they toss here and there during elections, will somehow change the voting for the entirety of congress, then they are very naive. Sure, like other companies and places, they lobby for money and/or influence. Thinking they somehow influence Trump over a few thousand dollars isn't reality. Even prior to Trump's decision, after the Florida shooting, the NRA stated awhile back that they wouldn't have a problem with further regulations of the bump stocks.

Basically, "assault weapons", and perhaps things that turn guns from semi-auto somehow into an assault weapon. And guess what, assault weapons are already banned number one. And number 2, assault weapons are barely out there by the civilian population.

pete311
02-21-2018, 04:05 PM
The NRA ain't got shit with him trying to push the ban. If folks think a small handful of dollars they toss here and there during elections, will somehow change the voting for the entirety of congress, then they are very naive. Sure, like other companies and places, they lobby for money and/or influence. Thinking they somehow influence Trump over a few thousand dollars isn't reality. Even prior to Trump's decision, after the Florida shooting, the NRA stated awhile back that they wouldn't have a problem with further regulations of the bump stocks.

Basically, "assault weapons", and perhaps things that turn guns from semi-auto somehow into an assault weapon. And guess what, assault weapons are already banned number one. And number 2, assault weapons are barely out there by the civilian population.

Trump listens to the NRA because it's his base. That was my point.

jimnyc
02-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Trump listens to the NRA because it's his base. That was my point.

Makes your argument worse, IMO. His base is not going to want any changes at all, and many are upset with his demand on this. So while the NRA "may" agree with his decision, depending on wording, most of his base likely disagree.

pete311
02-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Makes your argument worse, IMO. His base is not going to want any changes at all, and many are upset with his demand on this. So while the NRA "may" agree with his decision, depending on wording, most of his base likely disagree.

He's in a no win scenario. Dems won't vote for him even if he gives them everything they want. If he does anything, his base suffers. If he does nothing he gets slammed and independents take notice.

aboutime
02-21-2018, 04:27 PM
I had a thought about the involvement of the FBI, not following through with the investigation of the Shooter in Florida. Suppose the FBI agents who SHOULD have done their job, actually was part of the LEFT-OVER Trump haters from the Obama gang?
Anyone think it's possible...somebody tied to the FBI and Obama, and the DNC intentionally avoided any investigation to HELP THE BAN THE GUNS drive by Liberal Democrats???

After seeing how WE THE PEOPLE must now QUESTION the reliability of the Obama FBI, and Justice departments....LEAD BY HOLDER-LYNCH and Obama. I put nothing past any of them BETRAYING OUR COUNTRY because of their HATRED.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-21-2018, 06:51 PM
He's in a no win scenario. Dems won't vote for him even if he gives them everything they want. If he does anything, his base suffers. If he does nothing he gets slammed and independents take notice.
Well... that might sound possible on your planet, but it's not likely here on earth.

The NRA has virtually nothing to do with anything. You demtards have drudged the NRA up and made it the bogey man when nothing could be further from the truth. The NRA didn't shoot up the school, the school shooter wasn't an NRA member, the NRA is absolutely, diabolically against any such thing, the NRA trains people on gun safety, and the NRA has a very small budget when it comes to lobbying anyone in Washington.

As far as president Trump goes, he's in a great spot. He'll have his listening session for all the whiners to make them feel better. He'll probably ban bump stocks and NO ONE WILL CARE. They're more a NOVELTY than anything else. AIMING with one is virtually IMPOSSIBLE. I couldn't care less about them and know no one who does. Ban the fuckers, I couldn't care less, and the president will be the good guy, win, win.

But if the democrats ever quit their FAKE outrage for TWO MINUTES and LISTEN to REAL solutions, we just might actually REALLY get something DONE, like LAW ENFORCEMENT actually STOPPING a NUT CASE like this MORON BEFORE he gets a gun, and they SHOULD HAVE. He should NEVER have had a gun. He should have been FLAGGED and BANNED from owning a firearm. There, that's coming a STAUNCH 2ND AMENDMENT SUPPORTER... AND... schools need protection, they need metal detectors and someone there with a GUN. Because no matter how you slice it, the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a GOOD GUY WITH A GUN... NOBODY CAN DENY THAT.

But let's not forget, MUCH of this waling and gnashing of teeth by the democrats really has NOTHING to do with the KILLING. This is about ATTACKING the 2nd amendment, make no mistake, because if it were REALLY about killing, then they'd be screaming about KNIVES, because more people are KILLED in America each year by a KNIFE than a GUN, but do we hear the demtard cry babies screaming about knives? No. That should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about their motivation.

aboutime
02-21-2018, 08:13 PM
The problem of every shooting that has taken place IS NOT THE GUN/WEAPON

There are NO GUNS sold anywhere, other than in the military that
"SHOOT WITHOUT HUMAN CONTROL or INTERVENTION"

It takes a human being to LOAD the weapon, and it takes a human being to pull the trigger.

The problem is...whoever is pulling the trigger and intentionally killing other human beings, HAS A MENTAL DISORDER that other human beings seem afraid to report out of fear of being labeled, or accused of being A SNITCH! That's why so few people step forward in high crime area's.

Gunny
02-21-2018, 09:30 PM

Basically, "assault weapons", and perhaps things that turn guns from semi-auto somehow into an assault weapon. And guess what, assault weapons are already banned number one. And number 2, assault weapons are barely out there by the civilian population.NRA voters aren't even in double digits. I think I saw 7%. I confess to quitting the NRA. Once you join, they are in your mailbox DAILY, with some urgent requirement for more money. I paid the dues. Shut up.

Quite simply, if not for leftwingnuts trying to steal our Rights and property, ther would be no need for an NRA to begin with. The left just can't help being its own worst enemy.

aboutime
02-21-2018, 09:35 PM
NRA voters aren't even in double digits. I think I saw 7%. I confess to quitting the NRA. Once you join, they are in your mailbox DAILY, with some urgent requirement for more money. I paid the dues. Shut up.

Quite simply, if not for leftwingnuts trying to steal our Rights and property, ther would be no need for an NRA to begin with. The left just can't help being its own worst enemy.

Gunny. I will agree to get rid of the NRA, just as soon as they get rid of the ACLU and NAACP. Oh, and lets not forget the IRS....CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS
and BLACK LIVES MATTER.

Taco Junkie
02-21-2018, 09:44 PM
Gunny. I will agree to get rid of the NRA, just as soon as they get rid of the ACLU and NAACP. Oh, and lets not forget the IRS....CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS
and BLACK LIVES MATTER.

Let's not forget Kwanzaa and the BET

aboutime
02-21-2018, 09:55 PM

Not that I care anymore, but if we include those....Guess who will be called a RACIST???

If Obama was still trashing the W/H, and Hillary was destroying what is left of the country.
We would be arrested for HATE SPEECH...which...we know...to be TRUTH speech.

Elessar
02-22-2018, 09:15 AM
First off, an AR-15 is still only going to shoot a single round, unlike what this article makes it sound differently. It's also not near an "assault rifle". Heck, I don't think any of the shootings I can recall have they ever used an assault rifle. Assault rifles are 'almost' exclusively for the military.

They can be made fully auto......ILLEGALLY

POINT IN FACT is that is not the damn OBJECT, but the HUMAN holding it!

Elessar
02-22-2018, 09:18 AM
Evidently this TWIT has either forgotten or NEVER KNEW what the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is.

Seems as though the entire bunch that went to the olympics on America's dime are also a bunch of jackass anti American leftists.

And probably why viewership of the olympics is DOWN 16% from the last winter olympics. When will these leftist jerk offs learn that they should go do their thing and keep their leftist pie hole shut?

A .22 cal round is high velocity, not quite equal to some others,
but swift.

Boy does not know what he is saying. He should study ballistics better.

Elessar
02-22-2018, 09:25 AM

A 'FEW" people need to research the laws and regulations the ATF goes by.

Yes, they are in the Code of Federal Regulations, which is LAW

Elessar
02-22-2018, 09:31 AM

That is a myth created by a racist college professor from Cal State Long Beach.
He tried to foist it as a religion.

Cultural pride is fine, but why can I NOT be PROUD of my Austrian and Seneca roots?