PDA

View Full Version : Calif. Assemblywoman Behind “Me Too” Movement Is Accused Of Sexual Misconduct, Harass

Gunny
02-20-2018, 09:58 PM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:33 AM PT — Tues. February 20, 2018A left-wing assemblywoman from California — who was recognized for her work in the “Me too” movement — is under fire for allegations of sexual misconduct and harassment.
On Saturday, a former staffer filed a complaint against assemblywoman Cristina Garcia, alleging he was fired because he questioned the Democratic lawmaker’s inappropriate behavior.
In a statement, David John Kernick recounted an evening in 2014 when Garcia allegedly proposed she and several employees play spin the bottle after a night of heavy drinking.
After voicing his concern, the ex-staffer says Garcia wrote him up for insubordination, and fired him two days later.
Kernick’s allegations come just days after four former employees filed an anonymous open letter alleging the assemblywoman pressured her staff to drink with her at bars and in the office during working hours. They also claimed she openly discussed her sex life.
They even claim Garcia said — quote — “having sex with other elected officials was a good way of getting information.”
The claims against the lawmaker began to surface only two months after her photo appeared in Time Magazine’s person of the year feature, where she and many other leaders were applauded for their efforts to stop sexual assault.

“And for our future generations: I want them to be safe; I want them to have better. So we’re here for them, but we’re also here for ourselves because I’ll be damned if in my lifetime I continue to live under the patriarchy we’re living in today.” — Christina GarciaHowever, Garcia’s character and reputation began to be questioned when former staffer Daniel Fierro said he was groped by the lawmaker at a softball game in 2014.
Garcia has denied all allegations, and has voluntarily left her position on unpaid leave as the investigation continues.
http://www.oann.com/calif-assemblywoman-behind-me-too-movement-is-accused-of-sexual-misconduct-harassment/

And people wonder why I am so cynical about these "me too" kind of things. Perfect example. And yes, one bad apple DOES spoil the whole bunch.

Could you imagine if this was a Republican?

High_Plains_Drifter
02-20-2018, 10:37 PM
http://www.oann.com/calif-assemblywoman-behind-me-too-movement-is-accused-of-sexual-misconduct-harassment/

And people wonder why I am so cynical about these "me too" kind of things. Perfect example. And yes, one bad apple DOES spoil the whole bunch.

Could you imagine if this was a Republican?
Yet this is exactly the kind of corruption and hypocrisy we've come to expect from democrats.

To say democrats are trashy people is a gross understatement.