PDA

View Full Version : Trump Kicks Kim Jong Un In The Teeth With New Sanctions

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 02:43 PM
A shame that the citizens get harmed there, but they were already eating dirt and grass. I think eventually, some day, the military will take over and toss the leaders for the good of the people. Either that, or down the road someone does a regime change another way. It may not be for another 20 years, but these sanctions will eventually take their toll.

---

Trump Kicks Kim Jong Un In The Teeth With New Sanctions

The Trump administration is tightening the noose on North Korea, strangling the life out of its economy like never before.

President Donald Trump announced Friday that he is hitting the rogue regime with tough new sanctions. With an emphasis on overseas trade, the U.S. is blacklisting 56 vessels, shipping companies, and trade businesses that are helping North Korea skirt sanctions. This is said to be the largest punitive sanctions package targeting North Korea.

In fact, these measures are the “heaviest sanctions ever imposed on a country,” the president revealed at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

The Department of the Treasury is taking action to cut off the sources of revenue that sustain the country’s militant activities. The latest batch of sanctions is a continuation of the maximum pressure campaign against the North Korean regime.

The new measures, in addition to targeting North Korean entities, also hit Chinese companies that have been illegally aiding the Pyongyang. From the start of his presidency, Trump has pushed Beijing to leverage its ties to North Korea to put pressure on the regime, and while China has taken steps to rein in its nuclear neighbor, the Trump administration feels the Chinese can do more.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/23/trump-north-korea-sanctions/

pete311
02-23-2018, 02:52 PM
We've been through like a dozen sanctions and each time it's proclaimed as toughest possible and doing everything we can. Obviously there is more we can keep doing.

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 02:57 PM
We've been through like a dozen sanctions and each time it's proclaimed as toughest possible and doing everything we can. Obviously there is more we can keep doing.

Apparently they are the toughest ever as of this latest. Short of starting war - what is YOUR plan on what else to do?

pete311
02-23-2018, 02:59 PM
Apparently they are the toughest ever as of this latest. Short of starting war - what is YOUR plan on what else to do?

I want them to actually do the harshest possible. I will expect no further sanctions if these are the toughest.

Abbey Marie
02-23-2018, 03:01 PM
In my lifetime, I've never seen a President as direct and kick-*** as this one.

:salute:

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 03:07 PM
I want them to actually do the harshest possible. I will expect no further sanctions if these are the toughest.

So they give them the harshest penalties ever to date. We have no idea on the effects of that just yet. But you already complain, stating there is more we can do - but then you agree with what was done. :cuckoo:

pete311
02-23-2018, 03:11 PM
So they give them the harshest penalties ever to date. We have no idea on the effects of that just yet. But you already complain, stating there is more we can do - but then you agree with what was done. :cuckoo:

I don't want harshest to date, I want harshest possible, ever!

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 03:12 PM
I don't want harshest to date, I want harshest possible, ever!

If you bothered to read the article:

In fact, these measures are the “heaviest sanctions ever imposed on a country,”

pete311
02-23-2018, 03:19 PM
If you bothered to read the article:

In fact, these measures are the “heaviest sanctions ever imposed on a country,”

Maybe if you bothered to comprehend what I am saying you'd realize that statement is irrelevant. I want sanctions to be as tough as POSSIBLE. Meaning there is nothing left to do. We're at the wall. Every month there are new toughest ever sanctions. That implies we aren't using toughest possible if each month we keep adding on.

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 03:24 PM
Maybe if you bothered to comprehend what I am saying you'd realize that statement is irrelevant. I want sanctions to be as tough as POSSIBLE. Meaning there is nothing left to do. We're at the wall. Every month there are new toughest ever sanctions. That implies we aren't using toughest possible if each month we keep adding on.

You're an idiot and worthless to discuss things with, you're a troll. I'll leave you to those wanting to have discussions or debates with you, maybe folks more on your level.

Abbey Marie
02-23-2018, 03:31 PM

The toughest sanction possible would be an all-out attack. Most people consider that an unacceptable measure, unless there is a serious defense reason for it. So, short of a military attack, we are doing the toughest things possible.

The irony is that it is the Dem party that always wants to hold back from getting tough in foreign affairs.

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 03:33 PM
The toughest sanction possible would be an all-out attack. Most people consider that an unacceptable measure, unless there is a serious defense reason for it. So, short of a military attack, we are doing the toughest things possible.

The irony is that it is the Dem party that always wants to hold back from getting tough in foreign affairs.

He was trolling. He even stated he wanted the harshest yet, which they did. Sanctions are less harsh than war, which he has repeatedly stated he is against. So if not war - then what else is there besides heavy sanctions? Methinks he didn't read more than the title, which he admits to like doing multiple times, and ran with it.

aboutime
02-23-2018, 03:42 PM
So far this year. Petey has never failed to keep up with his reputation that shows how dumb, ignorant, and stupid he can be...EVEN WITHOUT TRYING.

petey should get a job at the DNC as Pelosi's voice, sharing how Liberals love to demonstrate only the best methods of Illiteracy.