PDA

View Full Version : Our democracy will be fixed within the next year!

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Who knew that she was sent from the heavens above, to not only be an actress, but she will now take some time off and fix all that ails the USA. :laugh::laugh:

---

Actress Jennifer Lawrence to Take Year-Long Hiatus from Acting to 'Fix Our Democracy'

Worried about the state of our country? Think we’re headed in the wrong direction? Never fear! Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence is taking a year off from acting so she can “fix our democracy.” Phew! I was really worried about our democracy for a second there, but now I can relax knowing that Jennifer Lawrence is on the job.

The actress, whose latest movie, Red Sparrow, comes out March 1, says she’ll be working with an organization called Represent.Us to help combat “anti-corruption and stuff.” (See, we’re going to be totally fine.) She hopes to “get young people engaged politically on a local level” and after that, she says, “I don’t know what I’m doing next.”

Okay, sure, Lawrence’s plan seems a little vague, but I’m sure she’ll rise to the challenge. I mean, she’s got all the qualifications of a totally democracy-fixing person or whatever.

Who better to “fix” our country than Katniss Everdeen? Since, as Lawrence herself proclaimed, a Trump presidency is “the end of the world,” having someone around who knows how to survive in a post-apocalyptic society is a real asset to America. She’ll fit right in with the #Resistance. I’m sure she won’t mind trading in her Mockingjay pin for a pink vagina hat.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/actress-jennifer-lawrence-take-year-long-hiatus-acting-fix-democracy/

pete311
02-23-2018, 02:55 PM
I guess she has enough effect to get you to even take notice. I would have not bothered past the headline.

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 03:02 PM
I guess she has enough effect to get you to even take notice. I would have not bothered past the headline.

It's called posting an article Pete. Taking notice of an idea or agenda or whatever is one thing, noticing that someone is a complete and delusional asshole is another.

And Fwiw, ONCE AGAIN on the 2nd post, if you don't want to be a part of a thread, don't want to discuss, and only want to be negative or OT or whatever right from the get go - how about you just ignore threads like this that you don't like, and choose another one? Or did this thread, about an article that you wouldn't go past the headline, and my wanting to discuss - had enough effect to get you to take notice and respond. Or...

pete311
02-23-2018, 03:04 PM
I'm just pointing out how you complain about her irrelevance and yet give her power by sharing it.

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm just pointing out how you complain about her irrelevance and yet give her power by sharing it.

Whatever Pete, you're a waste of time again

pete311
02-23-2018, 03:21 PM
Whatever Pete, you're a waste of time again

Looking forward to your next article about michael moore or rosanne or some other worthless fuck no one cares about until you give them counter intuitive publicity.

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Looking forward to your next article about michael moore or rosanne or some other worthless fuck no one cares about until you give them counter intuitive publicity.

Again, you're a troll, and worse, as most trolls at least try and bring comedy to their crap. You're just a clueless asshole.

aboutime
02-23-2018, 03:53 PM

Whatever do you mean petey? She sounds just like you!

And you proved you are Lying when you said ^ "I would not have bothered past the headline!"

If that is true. Then why did you BOTHER responding to this thread????

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWllnmPL7mOVSIphOeH8xh5VGhZxMPH tr_2evsuFAhIbOUuiTQ3w

Gunny
02-23-2018, 04:20 PM
Who knew that she was sent from the heavens above, to not only be an actress, but she will now take some time off and fix all that ails the USA. :laugh::laugh:

---

Actress Jennifer Lawrence to Take Year-Long Hiatus from Acting to 'Fix Our Democracy'

Worried about the state of our country? Think we’re headed in the wrong direction? Never fear! Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence is taking a year off from acting so she can “fix our democracy.” Phew! I was really worried about our democracy for a second there, but now I can relax knowing that Jennifer Lawrence is on the job.

The actress, whose latest movie, Red Sparrow, comes out March 1, says she’ll be working with an organization called Represent.Us to help combat “anti-corruption and stuff.” (See, we’re going to be totally fine.) She hopes to “get young people engaged politically on a local level” and after that, she says, “I don’t know what I’m doing next.”

Okay, sure, Lawrence’s plan seems a little vague, but I’m sure she’ll rise to the challenge. I mean, she’s got all the qualifications of a totally democracy-fixing person or whatever.

Who better to “fix” our country than Katniss Everdeen? Since, as Lawrence herself proclaimed, a Trump presidency is “the end of the world,” having someone around who knows how to survive in a post-apocalyptic society is a real asset to America. She’ll fit right in with the #Resistance. I’m sure she won’t mind trading in her Mockingjay pin for a pink vagina hat.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/actress-jennifer-lawrence-take-year-long-hiatus-acting-fix-democracy/

Help us combat corruption and stuff :lmao:

Gunny
02-23-2018, 04:21 PM
I guess she has enough effect to get you to even take notice. I would have not bothered past the headline.Yeah, Pete ... you're worries are over :laugh2:

For MY part, I LOVE making fun of morons. They make my day :laugh2:

Gunny
02-23-2018, 04:23 PM
I'm just pointing out how you complain about her irrelevance and yet give her power by sharing it.He is entertaining the troops. I'm still laughing at her dumb ass. And yours :laugh:

If ridicule is relevance then I guess she's relevant as Hell right now :laugh2:

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 04:39 PM
He is entertaining the troops. I'm still laughing at her dumb ass. And yours :laugh:

If ridicule is relevance then I guess she's relevant as Hell right now :laugh2:

Went to websites. Read articles. Posted things that interest me. If it doesn't interest someone reading, then they should move along to another thread of their liking. But instead, for like the 99th time, he feels the need to address the topic or article, and set me straight on what is newsworthy & what I should not be posting. :rolleyes:

Gunny
02-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Went to websites. Read articles. Posted things that interest me. If it doesn't interest someone reading, then they should move along to another thread of their liking. But instead, for like the 99th time, he feels the need to address the topic or article, and set me straight on what is newsworthy & what I should not be posting. :rolleyes:Post about the war in the Middle East. He won't say a word :)

jimnyc
02-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Post about the war in the Middle East. He won't say a word :)

Funny thing is, there are SO MANY important things, and they are mostly related to wrongdoings by democrats, and not a peep from him. Not.one.word. But then he can reply to something to tell me I shouldn't have posted something as it wasn't worthy. :dunno: He's very predictable anymore.

Gunny
02-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Funny thing is, there are SO MANY important things, and they are mostly related to wrongdoings by democrats, and not a peep from him. Not.one.word. But then he can reply to something to tell me I shouldn't have posted something as it wasn't worthy. :dunno: He's very predictable anymore.I know it's a secret and all, but do you think Jennifer Lawrence knows the US is not a democracy? :laugh:

Abbey Marie
02-23-2018, 06:13 PM
Little Miss Over-rated can start by donating her salary, donating all the freebies thrown her way, dismissing her security guys, and actually working for a living like the rest of us. Then maybe she could be given some right to tell us how to behave.

As for us, boycott her movies and maybe thereby help bring about a little humility in her liberal head.

Gunny
02-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Little Miss Over-rated can start by donating her salary, donating all the freebies thrown her way, dismissing her security guys, and actually working for a living like the rest of us. Then maybe she could be given the some right to tell us how to behave.

As for us, boycott her movies and maybe thereby help bring about a little humility in her liberal head.She has movies?

aboutime
02-23-2018, 09:10 PM
I know it's a secret and all, but do you think Jennifer Lawrence knows the US is not a democracy? :laugh:

Gunny. I suspect she is just like this other so-called, celeb...A prime example of Hollywood Educational benefits of FAME, and FORTUNE...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8pnec4Hxps