View Full Version : Communists vs Nazis - 4:3

Balu
02-25-2018, 03:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0a5VnLctk

Balu
02-25-2018, 04:15 AM
The Latest: Russians sing country's anthem at medal ceremony

February 25, 2018 - 3:03 am

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea (AP) — The Latest on the Pyeongchang Olympics (all times local):

Russian fans and hockey players celebrating their gold medal at the Pyeongchang Games sang their country's national anthem over the top of the Olympic anthem as the Olympic flag rose to the rafters.
The men's victory came hours after the International Olympic Committee voted not to reinstate Team Russia for Sunday night's closing ceremony. That means the Russians will again march under the "Olympic Athlete from Russia" name and the Olympic flag.
The IOC formally banned Team Russia in December over a doping scheme at the 2014 Olympics but invited 168 athletes to compete under the "Olympic Athlete from Russia" name.
Defenseman Bogdan Kiselevich says players sang the Russian anthem as an expression of "freedom of speech."

http://www.wben.com/articles/ap-news/latest-russians-sing-countrys-anthem-medal-ceremony-0

Drummond
02-25-2018, 09:44 AM
The Latest: Russians sing country's anthem at medal ceremony

February 25, 2018 - 3:03 am

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea (AP) — The Latest on the Pyeongchang Olympics (all times local):

Russian fans and hockey players celebrating their gold medal at the Pyeongchang Games sang their country's national anthem over the top of the Olympic anthem as the Olympic flag rose to the rafters.
The men's victory came hours after the International Olympic Committee voted not to reinstate Team Russia for Sunday night's closing ceremony. That means the Russians will again march under the "Olympic Athlete from Russia" name and the Olympic flag.
The IOC formally banned Team Russia in December over a doping scheme at the 2014 Olympics but invited 168 athletes to compete under the "Olympic Athlete from Russia" name.
Defenseman Bogdan Kiselevich says players sang the Russian anthem as an expression of "freedom of speech."

http://www.wben.com/articles/ap-news/latest-russians-sing-countrys-anthem-medal-ceremony-0

This comes across as a monumental display of sheer arrogance on the Russian side. A refusal to accept culpability for disgraceful actions, for no other good reason than it involved Russia. As if you have a right to be dismissive of anything you choose to be ... and, right v wrong, decency, fair play, be damned.

Do you think that the IOC action against the Russian doping cheats was fair and reasonable, Balu ? YES or NO ?

If 'no' (!!) ... why not ? Do you perhaps think that Mother Russia should be immune to any adverse opinions or actions that the fair-minded amongst us consider reasonable and deserved ?

My suggestion: acquaint yourself with the meaning of the word 'humility'.

Elessar
02-25-2018, 10:26 AM
What Nazi's Balu?

What Communists, Balu.?

Time to step back and act like you are in 2018, and not in 1946

Gunny
02-25-2018, 11:02 AM
This comes across as a monumental display of sheer arrogance on the Russian side. A refusal to accept culpability for disgraceful actions, for no other good reason than it involved Russia. As if you have a right to be dismissive of anything you choose to be ... and, right v wrong, decency, fair play, be damned.

Do you think that the IOC action against the Russian doping cheats was fair and reasonable, Balu ? YES or NO ?

If 'no' (!!) ... why not ? Do you perhaps think that Mother Russia should be immune to any adverse opinions or actions that the fair-minded amongst us consider reasonable and deserved ?

My suggestion: acquaint yourself with the meaning of the word 'humility'. @Drummond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2287) I agree with your stance insofar as Russia is concerned officially. However, I have never been one to just blanket blame the athletes. They are the pawns. And for the ones who honestly put forth the effort for years to represent their Nation in the Olympics, it's kind of harsh to punish them for what the politicians do.

I STILL remember Carter using our athletes as a political pawns in a boycott of the Olympics because Russia invaded Afghanistan. I thought it was stupid then, and haven't changed my mind much since.

Burn the athletes that get caught as individuals. If you're going to burn the whole team/country, then don't let them compete, period. Not some "you can compete under Brand X" that everyone knows is you. If you do, expect "Brand X" at some point to identify themselves publicly as a show of pride of patriotism. I'd do it.

I of course am in no way defending Balu. He's a dumbass. The "Nazi's" he speaks of are about as real as a "Russian National Team". They are Russian athletes competing under the Olympic flag. I'm quite sure they don't represent Balu's "USSR team".

FakeNewsSux
02-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Hell of a game, Balu. Stayed up till 2 in the morning watching that back and forth, overtime spectacular. Didn't think the Russians had a chance once they got that penalty called with less than three minutes to go. Nothing like getting a game tying short handed goal in the last minute of regulation! I was cheering for Germany since they had never won a Gold and had some big wins in the tournament (especially against Canada). Didn't mind seeing Russia win though after cheering on Ilya Kovalchuk for a couple of years down here with the Atlanta Thrashers. Congrats, Balu.

Balu
02-25-2018, 04:26 PM
What Nazi's Balu?

What Communists, Balu.?

Time to step back and act like you are in 2018, and not in 1946

Why?
The subject of the topic was the final match in OG where I kindly provide the most interesting moments just save your time, understanding that this match was not of your interest as, say, the similar match in previous Olympic Games.
As to Communist and Nazis it is a matter of terminology. I've just remembered the fundamental principle - to achieve mutual understanding it is better to speak the language common, understood and usually used by the opponent. When speaking about Russia you used to use the term Communist. So why not to use Nazis, referring to Germans, slave owners in relation to the United States and the colonialists referring to Britain? It is logical. Isn't it?
So, I don't see the reasons of any objections in this respect and I hope for your further understanding.

Gunny
02-25-2018, 04:48 PM
Why?
The subject of the topic was the final match in OG where I kindly provide the most interesting moments just save your time, understanding that this match was not of your interest as, say, the similar match in previous Olympic Games.
As to Communist and Nazis it is a matter of terminology. I've just remembered the fundamental principle - to achieve mutual understanding it is better to speak the language common, understood and usually used by the opponent. When speaking about Russia you used to use the term Communist. So why not to use Nazis, referring to Germans, slave owners in relation to the United States and the colonialists referring to Britain? It is logical. Isn't it?
So, I don't see the reasons of any objections in this respect and I hope for your further understanding.In "fundamental principle" there was little difference between the Third Reich and the USSR. Including the outcome. Both the 3rd Reich and the USSR failed.

Drummond
02-25-2018, 09:08 PM
In "fundamental principle" there was little difference between the Third Reich and the USSR. Including the outcome. Both the 3rd Reich and the USSR failed.

... and, not forgetting that the USSR had a pact with Hitler, at the outset. For a while, they were both firm allies ....

Gunny
02-25-2018, 10:14 PM
... and, not forgetting that the USSR had a pact with Hitler, at the outset. For a while, they were both firm allies ....Yeah. Hitler blew THAT. And Stalin was actually surprised and felt betrayed. He was all for carving up Europe and sharing it with Hitler until his partner in crime back-stabbed him.

aboutime
02-25-2018, 10:44 PM
Remember the words of the "GODFATHER"?
That would be my advice to everyone who thinks Putin, China, Iran, and N. Korea want to be our FRIENDS???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfHJDLoGInM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i96VS_z8y7g