PDA

View Full Version : Crews Begin Replacing Border Wall In Southern California

Gunny
02-25-2018, 08:17 PM
February 24, 2018OAN NewsroomConstruction crews are beginning to replace the border wall in California.
On Friday, workers began tearing down a two-mile section of the border fence in Calexico -approximately 120 miles east of San Diego- to make way for a new steel structure.
The replacement will be 30-feet tall and is expected to be completed by mid-December. It will be erected nearby New River, where illegal immigrants have reportedly tried to smuggle people through sordid waters.
The $18,000,000 project is the first contract awarded by the Trump administration in their push to secure the nation’s borders.
The construction comes just weeks before Congress is expected to present a bipartisan immigration deal to the president ahead of the DACA deadline.
http://www.oann.com/crews-begin-replacing-border-wall-in-southern-california/It's a start, I guess. Calexico wouldn't be my first choice. San Diego would. Far as I'm concerned, that wall needs to go from El Paso to the Pacific.

I still think it's not going to do much, but if we're going to do it, it needs to be done right.