PDA

View Full Version : Revealed: Two Secret Cogs In The FBI National Surveillance Machine

Balu
02-26-2018, 01:29 PM
After 9/11, federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies were roundly criticized for failing to coordinate information that, in the aggregate, might have allowed the government to stop the attacks before they happened. Since then, the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction. The FBI has built a secretive and guarded intelligence operation, the tentacles of which stretch beyond its core task of domestic law enforcement and into the construction of the great American panopticon.
Despite the almost complete lack of transparency surrounding that effort, Forbes has uncovered two previously-undisclosed units that sources say form crucial parts of the FBI's surveillance machinery. Known as the FBI Collections Operations Group and the FBI WiFi Group, they appear in virtually no public records. Google searches for the names return nothing. Not a single LinkedIn profile contains a reference to either. And with the unearthing of these two units, civil liberties activists, legal experts and even former intelligence analysts are crying foul about the possibility of widespread domestic surveillance occurring across America with zero oversight. ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2018/02/21/fbi-hidden-hacking-groups-revealed/#3ffcfa16330f

Gunny
02-26-2018, 01:38 PM
What a surprise. The FBI is being accused of spying on people illegally. Who'd have ever thought that?:rolleyes:

Elessar
02-26-2018, 02:05 PM
And I think You and Forbes know nothing!

What the FBI has in Secret stays Secret until they share it with other agencies,
I guess like your blanket KGB.

Said it before....gonna say it again. I did MLE for years (Maritime Law Enforcement).

I had to run searches for people, weapons, vessels, and aircraft through EPIC.

Prior to 9/11 a lot of those searches were blocked by one of many agencies, making me
have to go to the USCG Headquarters, State Department, Justice Department to get
data for a unit on scene.

9/11:

FBI knew something;
CIA knew something;
FAA knew something;
FCC knew something;
Customs knew something.

They did not put it all in a pot and share.
President Bush (GWB) put a screeching halt on that lack of Intel sharing.

Oh Yeah....

INTERPOL and your vaunted KGB knew something was up,
and did not do a damn thing.

aboutime
02-26-2018, 02:15 PM
This information is now.....17 years old. Nothing new, but nice to see how UP TO DATE you think your post here really is.
Balu. Do you know anything about Y2K????https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrcM6CMJb3CmMSbw3z35973WywRLbTJ qxnUt69buL8oxEyqHnaOA