PDA

View Full Version : Dick's and Walmart stop selling guns to some

mundame
02-28-2018, 09:41 PM
Today Dick's Sporting Goods said they would stop selling "assault rifles" and also wouldn't sell guns to people under 21. Within hours, Walmart followed suit.

I guess I don't care --- my Wegman's supermarket doesn't sell AR-15s either.

And these awful kids, do they need guns? I'm thinking everything should go up to 21, guns, voting, drinking, Army, EVERYTHING.

Any opinions?

hjmick
02-28-2018, 09:46 PM
Fucking pussies. Sell them all or sell none at all.

This is like a store saying they will no longer sell cigarettes, but they'll continue selling loose tobacco and Zig Zags...

Gunny
02-28-2018, 09:53 PM
Today Dick's Sporting Goods said they would stop selling "assault rifles" and also wouldn't sell guns to people under 21. Within hours, Walmart followed suit.

And these awful kids, do they need guns? I'm thinking everything should go up to 21, guns, voting, drinking, Army, EVERYTHING.

Any opinions?You had to ask? :)

I think on its own merit, if Dick's and WalMart want to stop selling firearms it's their business, and their right. Same goes with the type of firearm. That they're jumping on some BS bandwagon though is pathetic.

Now, as with the NFL, what happens when all these flavor of the day followers suddenly start losing customers? Not just firearms customers. NRA customers who may shop at a place like Dick's or WalMart for a variety of reasons? I already shop at WalMart only as a last resort. I don't shop at Dick's at all. Too proud of their stuff. The left will of course try to hide the impact and blame it on something else, but in the case of the NFL, it wasn't something they could hide.

What if NRA members choose to NOT fly Delta? Or rent cars from any of the jackass coattail hangers on?

I generally look very carefully at who I support right down to what channel my TV is left on. I watch the local news on network tv. Period. Otherwise it's off or on somethin innocuous they can't lay claim to. They want to say I watch the Food Network or OAN, they can be my guest.

And yes, my running shoes ARE made in the USA!:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
02-28-2018, 09:53 PM

Any opinions?
It's APPEASEMENT. PERIOD. POLITICALLY CORRECT APPEASEMENT.

I TOTALLY agree on the age deal.

Gunny
02-28-2018, 09:56 PM

I TOTALLY agree on the age deal.Don't know about the age thing. I was more mature and responsible at 10 than college kids are now. Way things are going, they should raise the age limit on everything to 30 since that's about how long kids suck off their parents nowadays.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-28-2018, 10:01 PM
I already shop at WalMart only as a last resort. I don't shop at Dick's at all.

Amen to that, man. The only thing I go to walmart for is CAT LITTER, PAPER TOWELS and TOILET PAPER. It's cheaper, but I can buy that here in my little podunk town just as easy. The $.85 I save ain't gonna break me.

I generally look very carefully at who I support right down to what channel my TV is left on. I watch the local news on network tv. Period. Otherwise it's off or on somethin innocuous they can't lay claim to. They want to say I watch the Food Network or OAN, they can be my guest.
Big time... same.

I turn on my local channel for the 10:00 news ONLY to catch the weather, otherwise it's MADISON, WI LEFTIST CRAP for "news." Ain't gonna listen to it, don't need to listen to it.

I'll turn on the FOOD NETWORK and watch me DINERS, DRIVE INS and DIVES... :laugh:

I love that show.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-28-2018, 10:05 PM
Don't know about the age thing. I was more mature and responsible at 10 than college kids are now. Way things are going, they should raise the age limit on everything to 30 since that's about how long kids suck off their parents nowadays.
I agree. When these kids would rather go to their safe place or scream helplessly at the sky, and most are too fat and out of shape to enlist anyway, the current batch of "KIDS" nowadays sound like a bunch of real sissies.

So up the age, hell up to 30, sounds good to me. Grow the hell up and support yourself and get a fuckin' idea what life is all about before you can vote, drink, join the military or buy a gun.

LongTermGuy
03-01-2018, 12:42 AM

I TOTALLY agree on the age deal.

​Correct...But its uninformed "appeasement".......Those in the "know" will...know...

This will help..

"My Message to the Dick’s CEO"

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/FloridaDicks.jpg

(worth the read)

Okay. Well, let’s go to the Dick’s Sporting Goods guy. The CEO there’s Ed Stack, and he was on Good Morning America today with George Stephanopoulos (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/dicks-sporting-goods-ceo-company-longer-sell-assault/story?id=53403284) to talk about Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to stop selling “assault-style rifles” and to limit the age of buyers to 21.

Stephanopoulos said, “Dick’s will no longer sell assault-style rifles, no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21, and no longer sell high capacity magazines. This is a dramatic move. Why are you” making this move at Dick’s?

STACK: (whispering) We were so disturbed and saddened by what happened, we felt we really needed to do something, and so, uh, we decided not to sell these assault weapons any longer in any of our stores and the other things we talked about.

He bought, uh, a shotgun from us back, uh, in November, and it wasn’t the gun nor was it the to a gun that he used in the shooting but when that happened we realized that the system… Uh, and we did everything by the book. We did everything that the law required and still he was able to buy a gun."

**​(A quick explanation here...get the rest in link)

"Now, do you think that CEO Ed Stack of Dick’s Sporting Goods understands why? Do you think he has the slightest idea why Nikolas Cruz was not caught in his background check?

Do you think he has ever heard of the PROMISE Program (https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/02/27/promise-program-exposed-by-this-show/)?

Do you think the CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods has ever heard of the Obama-Eric Holder program that paid local police departments and sheriff’s departments and schools not to report crime, arrest crime committed by, well, pretty much anybody! Felonies, misdemeanors in the youth area of age when they’re young."

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/APP-022718-Obama-Holder.jpg

When you refer… You call it the cowardice of CEOs........

*OK...The explation....*
"What he’s talking about is like this guy at Dick’s Sporting Goods or at Delta or United. At the first sign of what looks like massive public outrage at the NRA, they immediately sever ties with the NRA and very publicly announce it — as though they want accolades — instead of standing up to these people>> ’cause these people are frauds.

They are not who they say they are. They are not the average, ordinary American citizen! What they do is made to look like the public is reacting in outrage at the NRA. It isn’t.

>>> It’s a bunch of left-wing community organizers and their members, and it is totally organized. None of it’s organic or very little of it. It’s not grassroots.

It’s made to look like that, and the media doesn’t expose it. So these guys… I’ve seen it! I’ve seen it for the entire time I’ve been doing this program. I’ve seen the cowardice — and in some cases, it isn’t cowardice. In some cases, it’s just, “I don’t care. I didn’t take this job to fight with certain elements of the public,” and I would tell ’em, “That’s what they know. They know you’re not gonna fight ’em....

>>>>>> I explained to them how we find out that it was 10 people — and we found the people! We have their addresses. We know where they are. We know the algorithms they are using. We know who and what departments at Twitter they coordinated with. We found out how they do it all. There are 10 people that were able to make themselves look like thousands.
With a combination of algorithms and identity theft, they were able to make themselves the look like tens of thousands of people, and they were primarily attacking… Well, this is what I don’t want to tell you. But they were attacking people who had no idea what was happening.

They were attacking advertisers, sponsors who had no idea what was happening. They thought it was real. So we did the research, and we found out who these 10 people are. They’re all retired, and they’re all elderly, and most of them are female, and two or three of them are retired college professors.!!

And they do it from home. And it’s all they do. They sit around all day long on the computer and try to gum up the American political system by making themselves look like they are 50 to a hundred thousand people when they are 10.

So I’m explaining all this. And one of my friends who knows all this says to me, “So what does matter? What’s the big deal? How does it help you? So you learned this. Big deal. What’d you do with it?”
I said, “What did we do with it? We took it as a giant spreadsheet, PowerPoint presentation to every damned advertiser to show them graphically and with statistics exactly how this was working.”

It was even hard to understand why we would go to the trouble of finding this out instead of just deal with it, is my point. One of my good friends, “Just deal with it. It’s part of your cost of doing business.” No, it’s not part of the cost of doing business. We can’t deal with it. We’ve gotta shut it down. We went to the expense and the trouble to find out who these people are." !!

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/02/28/my-message-to-the-dicks-sporting-goods-ceo/

CSM
03-01-2018, 07:09 AM
I am all for Dick's not selling guns to anyone under 21 or even selling "assault weapons" at all... let them stick to golf clubs. Of course, I firmly believed that a bakery should be forced to make a wedding cake for members of the LGBT community too.

SARCASM folks....

mundame
03-01-2018, 08:36 AM
Don't know about the age thing. I was more mature and responsible at 10 than college kids are now. Way things are going, they should raise the age limit on everything to 30 since that's about how long kids suck off their parents nowadays.

That's exactly what my husband said. :laugh: He brought up that thing about kids getting carried thru age 26 on parents' health insurance.

And said he never approved of lowering the voting age to 18. I well remember when that happened -- they got Ted Kennedy to front the change as the "youth representative" at the time, and also stopped the draft. It was when they were trying (finally!!!) to stop the Vietnam War, in Congress for a change, instead of the streets. They knew they were losing all the young people and so they did some radical measures.

I didn't think about voting age much at the time (now I realize that it meant more votes for Dems, since more young people were against the war than older people, so it was a way to build votership for themselves). But it ended up changing the age of majority to 18 from 21, and really lots of things.

This has NOT worked out well. I'd like to see 21 be the age of pretty much everything, nothing younger.

mundame
03-01-2018, 08:50 AM
You had to ask? :)
I already shop at WalMart only as a last resort. I don't shop at Dick's at all.

Yeah..........Himself gets his shells (trap shooting) at Walmarts, otherwise we don't go there. I'll have to check out the cat litter you mentioned: I wonder if they have unscented. We've been special-ordering it at a local feed store. Tractor Supply Co. does have the unscented type, but they aggressively, and I mean aggressively collect Big Data (phone, birthdate, zip code, etc., etc.) every time we go in there -- and we have a farm with animals, so we were doing a lot of business there, but they just alienated us and we never go there now. I too am very careful where I do business. No Target for us --- we both independently signed the boycott because of that transvestite business the day it came out.

As for Dick's, I was there the day Himself had a weird incident there: he had taken up fishing and picked up a filleting knife to buy, and they asked him to prove his birthdate!!!!!!! To buy a fishing knife?? I think he did pull out his license, but boy, I sure wouldn't have. People do that to me, in restaurants or wherever, it's scorched earth time. First I yell, then I leave. Then I tell the story on Yelp, then I tell all my friends. However, I try not to be a control freak, people can suit themselves about where they shop. I notice, though, that Himself doesn't go to Dick's anymore. And he's quite the outdoorsman, so I guess he didn't care for that either.

So now I guess everyone has to show ID before they can buy a gun (as well as fish knives) at Dick's.

I never say "it's a free country" anymore, because it isn't.

Gunny
03-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Yeah..........Himself gets his shells (trap shooting) at Walmarts, otherwise we don't go there. I'll have to check out the cat litter you mentioned: I wonder if they have unscented. We've been special-ordering it at a local feed store. Tractor Supply Co. does have the unscented type, but they aggressively, and I mean aggressively collect Big Data (phone, birthdate, zip code, etc., etc.) every time we go in there -- and we have a farm with animals, so we were doing a lot of business there, but they just alienated us and we never go there now. I too am very careful where I do business. No Target for us --- we both independently signed the boycott because of that transvestite business the day it came out.

As for Dick's, I was there the day Himself had a weird incident there: he had taken up fishing and picked up a filleting knife to buy, and they asked him to prove his birthdate!!!!!!! To buy a fishing knife?? I think he did pull out his license, but boy, I sure wouldn't have. People do that to me, in restaurants or wherever, it's scorched earth time. First I yell, then I leave. Then I tell the story on Yelp, then I tell all my friends. However, I try not to be a control freak, people can suit themselves about where they shop. I notice, though, that Himself doesn't go to Dick's anymore. And he's quite the outdoorsman, so I guess he didn't care for that either.

So now I guess everyone has to show ID before they can buy a gun (as well as fish knives) at Dick's.

I never say "it's a free country" anymore, because it isn't.Only time you don't need an ID is if you are Hispanic and vote.

Gunny
03-01-2018, 09:23 AM
CBS sure is dragging this crap out and putting the brats on a pedestal. Time to change the channel. It's only on for the local news anyway and it's over.

darin
03-01-2018, 09:56 AM
will exercise my right to never shop there again.

Elessar
03-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Since when does a retailer sell "Assault Weapons"?

Frikkin people do not read!

All they do is folllow the liberal MSM.

ATF regulations again? Want them?

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/laws-alcohol-tobacco-firearms-and-explosives

mundame
03-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Only time you don't need an ID is if you are Hispanic and vote.

Right. Illegal aliens are registered to vote in California at the same time they get their drivers' licenses. Which certainly explains Hillary's 4.5 million plurality in California: she had Mexico's vote.

Black Diamond
03-01-2018, 04:53 PM
I hated Walmart before.