PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news - Vladimir Putin's annual State of the Nation Address

Balu
03-01-2018, 06:18 AM
You can find video in the body of the article in English. Surely it will be interesting for smart and blikerless people of this forum.

http://tass.com/politics/992080

You can find a lot of what I said before, in the Defense portion of his speech (1:09:30)

Balu
03-01-2018, 08:20 AM
Putin reveals TERRIFYING undetectable Russia nukes that can hit ANYWHERE in world

RUSSIAN President Vladimir Putin says the country has developed a terrifying array of nuclear weapons that can reach anywhere in the world and are “invulnerable to enemy interception”, in claims that will cause shock around the globe.

By Mark Chandler (https://www.express.co.uk/search?s=Mark%20Chandler&b=1)
PUBLISHED: 10:56, Thu, Mar 1, 2018 | UPDATED: 11:50, Thu, Mar 1, 2018

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/925713/Russia-weapons-Vladimir-Putin-nuclear-missiles-underwater-drones

CSM
03-01-2018, 08:24 AM
I needed a laugh this morning...thanks.

Balu
03-01-2018, 08:38 AM
I needed a laugh this morning...thanks.

Не laughs best who laughs last. (c)

Never thought that Express and Punch are the same edition. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dntknw.gif

CSM
03-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Well, you finally managed to convince me. I am thinking the US will surrender to Russia any day now given the enormity of Russia's military might.

Balu
03-01-2018, 09:13 AM
Well, you finally managed to convince me. I am thinking the US will surrender to Russia any day now given the enormity of Russia's military might.
I'll repeat again what I said many many times before - I am not inclined to convince anybody in anything here.
I've just given you a direct source of information (video of Putin's speech in English) which let you compare real words of Putin with that lie which will appear in your Mass Media. As simple as this. :slap:

CSM
03-01-2018, 09:25 AM
I'll repeat again what I said many many times before - I am not inclined to convince anybody in anything here.
I've just given you a direct source of information (video of Putin's speech in English) which let you compare real words of Putin with that lie which will appear in your Mass Media. As simple as this. :slap:

What possible motive could you have to provide that information for us poor deluded Americans? I am willing to bet it's not out of concern for the US citizen's welfare or because you are particularly concerned over our lack of knowledge. No, Mr. Balu, you are a propagandist in the old Soviet mold and nothing more.

Gunny
03-01-2018, 09:28 AM
What possible motive could you have to provide that information for us poor deluded Americans? I am willing to bet it's not out of concern for the US citizen's welfare or because you are particularly concerned over our lack of knowledge. No, Mr. Balu, you are a propagandist in the old Soviet mold and nothing more.If his lips are moving ....

LongTermGuy
03-01-2018, 09:41 AM
"Good morning Balu...":coffee:
https://www.theburningplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Trump_Chess_JPG-Copy-Copy.jpg

Balu
03-01-2018, 10:02 AM
What possible motive could you have to provide that information for us poor deluded Americans? I am willing to bet it's not out of concern for the US citizen's welfare or because you are particularly concerned over our lack of knowledge. No, Mr. Balu, you are a propagandist in the old Soviet mold and nothing more.

It sounds strange for me if you start calling The Truth as propaganda only because the Truth doesn't correspond to the Lie you are fed with.
Besides, if you read the first post attentively you should have noticed that this info is for smart and those who have no blinders on their eyes and brains.

Balu
03-01-2018, 10:04 AM
"Good morning Balu...":coffee:
https://www.theburningplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Trump_Chess_JPG-Copy-Copy.jpg

Good evening LongTermGuy...

CSM
03-01-2018, 10:04 AM
It sounds strange for me if you start calling The Truth as propaganda only because the Truth doesn't correspond to the Lie you are fed with.
Besides, if you read the first post attentively you should have noticed that this info is for smart and those who have no blinders on their eyes and brains.

Your perception of the "truth" is badly warped. Are you not aware of your own blinders? Apparently not!

Gunny
03-01-2018, 10:07 AM
March 1, 2018
By Andrew Osborn and Polina Ivanova
MOSCOW (Reuters) – President Vladimir Putin unveiled an array of new nuclear weapons on Thursday, in one of his most bellicose speeches in years, saying they could hit almost any point in the world and not be intercepted.
Speaking weeks before an election he is expected to win, Putin also said that a nuclear attack on any of Moscow’s allies would be regarded as an attack on Russia itself and draw an immediate response.
Putin, who polls indicate should be easily re-elected on March 18, backed his tough rhetoric with video clips of some of the new missiles he was talking about, which were projected on a giant screen behind him at the conference hall in central Moscow where he was addressing Russia’s political elite.
“They have not succeeded in holding Russia back,” said Putin, referring to the West.
“Now they need to take account of a new reality and understand that everything I have said today is not a bluff.”
Among the new weapons that Putin said were either in development or ready: a new intercontinental ballistic missile, a small nuclear warhead that could be attached to cruise missiles, underwater nuclear drones, a supersonic weapon and a laser weapon.
The audience, made up of Russian lawmakers and other leading figures, frequently stood up and applauded his presentation, which culminated with the Russian national anthem being played.
NATO MEASURES “USELESS”
Putin, who has dominated his country’s political landscape for the last 18 years and often used anti-Western rhetoric to mobilize support, said the technological advances meant that NATO’s build-up on Russia’s borders and the roll-out of a U.S. anti-missile system would be rendered useless.
“I hope that everything that was said today will sober up any potential aggressor,” said Putin.
“Unfriendly steps towards Russia such as the deployment of the (U.S.) anti-missile system and of NATO infrastructure nearer our borders and such like, from a military point of view, will become ineffective.”
Steps to contain Russia would also become unjustifiably expensive and pointless, he forecast.
The Russian leader also voiced concerns about a new U.S. nuclear doctrine, saying that Russia’s own doctrine was defensive and only envisaged the use of nuclear weapons in response to an attack.
Russia has repeatedly said it is keen to hold talks with the United States about the balance of strategic nuclear power.
“We will view any use of nuclear weapons against Russia or its allies, be it of small, medium or any force, as a nuclear attack on our country,” said Putin.
“Our response will be immediate. Nobody should have any doubts about that.”
(Additional reporting by Andrey Ostroukh, Maria Tsvetkova, Vladimir Soldatkin, Polina Devitt, Katya Golubkova, Polina Nikolskaya and Denis Pinchuk; Writing by Andrew Osborn; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
http://www.oann.com/putin-before-election-unveils-new-nuclear-weapons-to-counter-west/

Must be an election year :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, we SHOULD BE paying attention. While we have Dumbocrats obstructing Congress, holding up the budget, harboring criminals/openly defying the Federal government, and HS crybaby brats dictating doctrine, Putin is jockeying to shift the balance of power in the WORLD.

Might want to grow up and look outside the window. The rest of the world is laughing at the tragic comedy the left has made of the US. In the meantime, other forces are jockeying for positions of control that include ignoring anything we have to say.

Balu
03-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Your perception of the "truth" is badly warped. Are you not aware of your own blinders? Apparently not!
There is one difference between us - you are fed only from one, dependent on your State source of information in English, but I have a variety of them, so I am able to compare and analyze, but you are not. Besides, you even are not curious enough to get acquainted with the primary source. And this is a proof of being accustomed to blinders. :slap:

Gunny
03-01-2018, 10:21 AM
There is one difference between us - you are fed only from one, dependent on your State source of information in English, but I have a variety of them, so I am able to compare and analyze, but you are not. Besides, you even are not curious enough to get acquainted with the primary source. And this is a proof of being accustomed to blinders. :slap:Wrong. Your biggest weakness? Arrogance and assumption. It's Putin's weakness too. That will get you killed.

CSM
03-01-2018, 10:36 AM
There is one difference between us - you are fed only from one, dependent on your State source of information in English, but I have a variety of them, so I am able to compare and analyze, but you are not. Besides, you even are not curious enough to get acquainted with the primary source. And this is a proof of being accustomed to blinders. :slap:

Interesting you get all that personal information (which is grossly in error) from a few posts on a message board. Most of us here are NOT reliant one State controlled source of information and some of us speak more than one language. You are partially correct in that I am not curious enough to dig into your personal pedigree... I just don't care about that.

I will say that nuclear tipped cruise missiles are not new (GW Bush had them removed from US Navy vessels some time ago) and hypersonic re-entry vehicles are not new either. I am not surprised the neo-Soviet nation has caught up.

aboutime
03-01-2018, 10:41 AM

Wrong Balu. We have ONE, very distinct difference called the Constitution.

Go ahead and compare our Document that includes FREEDOMS, RIGHTS, and LIBERTIES.

Tell us about how FREE SPEECH works over there. Just say the words PUTIN is a PIG.

Then tell us how many firearms you have.
There are a few more, but I'll make it simple for you.

Elessar
03-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Time to slow this one down.

Gunny
03-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Time to slow this one down.?

The reasons for the threat is Ukraine and Syria, possibly Iran. Russia has been getting cozy with the latter for some suicidal reason.

I know we got all bitchy about Ukraine, and we oppose Assad and support his overthrow. We are allied with Israel who Iran is acting against via proxy.

We've talked too much shit for too long and no one believes we'll do anything. Guess it depends on who is in office at the time;which, is completely stupid and why I am always calling for things to be written into law. Apparently the only EO's we can enforce are ones from Democratic Presidents.

The last 3 Dem Presidents are responsible for the current loss of face more than ANY other factor.

aboutime
03-01-2018, 04:22 PM
He's just rattling his sabre's like other SOVIET leaders have done in the past.

Yes, he has the 2nd most powerful military in the World. But, just as in the 2nd World War. The military has some very highly, visible problems that can remove the abilities of a strong military within days, or weeks. NAMELY: The funding needed for resupply of soldiers, arms, fuel, and ammunition. Remember...A military travels on it's stomach. Resupply problems can destroy an army, or a navy quickly.
All of the bragging Putin has been doing....doesn't include, or mention how powerful his enemies are, and threatening the Use of NUCLEAR weapons to take advantage brings us back to the "MAD" situation of the cold war. And I think we can be certain. Putin is smart enough to know...WHAT NOT TO DO TO SAVE HIS OWN BUTT. His economy will instantly SELF-DESTRUCT too.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-01-2018, 04:27 PM
http://www.oann.com/putin-before-election-unveils-new-nuclear-weapons-to-counter-west/

Must be an election year :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, we SHOULD BE paying attention. While we have Dumbocrats obstructing Congress, holding up the budget, harboring criminals/openly defying the Federal government, and HS crybaby brats dictating doctrine, Putin is jockeying to shift the balance of power in the WORLD.

Might want to grow up and look outside the window. The rest of the world is laughing at the tragic comedy the left has made of the US. In the meantime, other forces are jockeying for positions of control that include ignoring anything we have to say.
Ya... what the GENIUS Putin isn't saying is, they can't STOP our's either, so it doesn't make a rats ass bit of difference what he shoots at us for nukes or if we can stop them, HE is STILL going to DIE, because we WILL retaliate, and we have enough warheads safely at sea in subs to get the job done in spades. Putin must love to hear himself talk. I guess he doesn't know about the anti missile laser we've been working on either, that will hit anything that flies, no matter how fast it's going. Haven't heard if it's ready for prime time yet but I have faith they'll make it work. I'm sure we have toys that no one knows about either.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-01-2018, 04:32 PM
He's just rattling his sabre's like other SOVIET leaders have done in the past.

Yes, he has the 2nd most powerful military in the World. But, just as in the 2nd World War. The military has some very highly, visible problems that can remove the abilities of a strong military within days, or weeks. NAMELY: The funding needed for resupply of soldiers, arms, fuel, and ammunition. Remember...A military travels on it's stomach. Resupply problems can destroy an army, or a navy quickly.
All of the bragging Putin has been doing....doesn't include, or mention how powerful his enemies are, and threatening the Use of NUCLEAR weapons to take advantage brings us back to the "MAD" situation of the cold war. And I think we can be certain. Putin is smart enough to know...WHAT NOT TO DO TO SAVE HIS OWN BUTT. His economy will instantly SELF-DESTRUCT too.
America spends NINE TIMES more money on our military than Russia. In a head to head, none nuclear, conventional weapons conflict with Russia, I'm pretty sure we could kick their ass back to the stone age.

aboutime
03-01-2018, 04:34 PM
America spends NINE TIMES more money on our military than Russia. In a head to head, none nuclear, conventional weapons conflict with Russia, I'm pretty sure we could kick their ass back to the stone age.

Putin knows it too! Truth is. Just one B-52 BUFF, or Just one Arliegh Burke Guided-Misslile Destroyer...armed Normaly...could give Putin all of the new WALMART parking lots he wants.:salute:

Kathianne
03-01-2018, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty certain it was Gunny that alluded to the problem with Russia via Syria, here's a bit more:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/us-russia-syria-implication-serious/

Americans and Russians Fought a Battle in Syria — It’s Time to CareBy DAVID FRENCH
February 28, 2018 3:02 PM

We should not stumble into war.One of the interesting aspects of the Trump era is the extent to which our political culture is obsessing over marginalia while truly significant events transpire largely out of sight and out of mind. For example, late last year the Iraqi government announced the defeat of the ISIS caliphate within Iraqi borders — a significant moment, no doubt — but that same day Donald Trump got in a Twitter spat (https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/12/isis-defeated-why-does-no-one-care/) with the Washington Post’s Dave Weigel over the crowd size at a Pensacola rally. Guess which event got more coverage?
Part of this dynamic, of course, is the president’s fault. He should have trumpeted the allied victory and charted the road ahead. The caliphate was in ruins, but ISIS still exists. Where do we go from here? And part of this is the media’s fault. It’s just easier to follow the president’s lead. After all, that’s where the clicks are. It’s harder to look at the world and discern which stories truly matter.

And that brings me to one of the most momentous mysteries of the new year. Did American and Russian forces just engage in a deadly clash in Syria, and was that clash the direct result of a Putin-approved effort to test American defenses? While Americans were arguing over Russian Facebook posts, did American air power and artillery leave up to 300 Russians dead on a Syrian battlefield?

Here’s the basic chronology...

THIS is what the infamous, 'They kicked our f'n asses...' was about.

Gunny
03-01-2018, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty certain it was Gunny that alluded to the problem with Russia via Syria, here's a bit more:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/us-russia-syria-implication-serious/

THIS is what the infamous, 'They kicked our f'n asses...' was about.:) If you look in the Middle East forum, I have posted a LOT on what's going on in the ME from various sources. Which dovetails with your comment (or the writer's) ... I posted all that stuff and it got minimal attention. Not a complaint just agreeing with whoever the writer is. Out of sight out of mind.

In the meantime, the ME is a powderkeg ready to blow with more players than dodgeball before school.

Black Diamond
03-01-2018, 04:52 PM
:) If you look in the Middle East forum, I have posted a LOT on what's going on in the ME from various sources. Which dovetails with your comment (or the writer's) ... I posted all that stuff and it got minimal attention. Not a complaint just agreeing with whoever the writer is. Out of sight out of mind.

In the meantime, the ME is a powderkeg ready to blow with more players than dodgeball before school.
I read it. I use the activity stream.

Kathianne
03-01-2018, 04:52 PM
:) If you look in the Middle East forum, I have posted a LOT on what's going on in the ME from various sources. Which dovetails with your comment (or the writer's) ... I posted all that stuff and it got minimal attention. Not a complaint just agreeing with whoever the writer is. Out of sight out of mind.

I've been reading what you've posted, just failed to garner enough information in one place to put some things together. Here's what stood out in the article for me:

...So, what is really going on here? Was this the kind of “fog of war” incident that’s nearly inevitable in a battlespace so crowded with competing militias, armies, and mercenaries? Or was it something else? Was Putin following his time-honored tactic of testing enemy will through the use of unmarked or proxy forces? Who can doubt the official sanction of the “little green men” in Crimea or the Russian “paramilitaries” in the Donbass conflict? Did a great power intentionally send its own citizens into a deliberate clash with American forces?

While we wait for answers, at least two things are clear. First, both Russia and the United States are downplaying the incident. If the Russians were testing American will, they got their answer, but there appears to be no American desire to retaliate or to escalate the confrontation into a full force-on-force encounter. This is encouraging, but not entirely comforting. When blood is spilled, the consequences are not always predictable or controllable.

Second, the situation in Syria is extraordinarily dangerous. It’s understandable that international eyes are focused on North Korea, but consider this: If reports of hundreds of Russian dead are correct, the American military just killed more Russians than it did in any single encounter throughout the entirety of the Cold War. That’s stunning. At present, a few thousand American troops are in the midst of the world’s most vicious war, rubbing up against hostile Russians, Syrians, Turks, Iranians, and Lebanese. Confrontations are inevitable. Proper management of those confrontations is not.

Therefore it’s more vital than ever that the Trump administration formulate and articulate a clear strategy for American involvement in Syria. The administration should approach Congress to request fresh military authorizations to replace the outdated and inadequate Afghan and Iraqi resolutions. In two regions now, America faces the possibility of a large-scale, conventional military clash — a clash unlike anything we’ve seen in generations. It’s imperative that the American people understand the risks, understand the administration’s vision, and approach these potential confrontations with their eyes wide open. We should not stumble into war.

Gunny
03-01-2018, 05:23 PM
I've been reading what you've posted, just failed to garner enough information in one place to put some things together. Here's what stood out in the article for me:As far as the specific incident goes, best I can tell is Russian mercenaries were killed. That gives Putin AND the US maneuver room. How many were killed is in question. How many Americans were actually involved vs Kurdish rebels is unknown. Allegedly, the US informed the Russians of the impending attack, which was not against the Russians. Was against pro-Syria rebels.

It is in the best interest of both parties to let this die off. No one has to explain or save face. Unfortunately, trickled out as it has been, the media won't. This happened a couple fo weeks ago. I caught in the Jerusalem Post. Then OAN. Then Balu comes in a week late like it was something new. Now your link.

We need to leave. All the BS over there has nothing to do with us. We're there for ISIS. Period. Russia has supported Assad all along in Syria's civil war, and Syria has been tied to Russia for years. Since Assad's father. Iran has used it as an excuse to claim they're supporting Assad while actually just trying to inch closer to Israel by moving into Southern Syria. Turkey is in Northern Syria trying to kill all the Kurds who are the rebels we are backing in hunting down ISIS.

Our presence is minimal, and we have no business in the rest of that mess except perhaps to the Kurds who supported us. Not sure they're worth fighting for since they are under attacking for trying to seize territory.

Oh yeah. And the Kurds have made a deal with Assad to stop Turkey who is threatening to kill anyone that gets in their way.

At the moment, Russia is supposed to be behind a cease fire for the UN which isn't working. The cease-fire doesn't include anti-Assad forces.

Balu
03-03-2018, 10:35 AM

" US missile defence test fails in Hawaii with 'military unable to shoot down incoming target' " - A DRILL OWN TARGET. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/blush2.gif
Test comes amid heightened tensions with North Korea

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-missile-defence-fails-test-drill-military-shoot-down-target-north-korea-a8188236.html

High_Plains_Drifter
03-03-2018, 11:36 AM
" US missile defence test fails in Hawaii with 'military unable to shoot down incoming target' " - A DRILL OWN TARGET. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/blush2.gif
Test comes amid heightened tensions with North Korea

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-missile-defence-fails-test-drill-military-shoot-down-target-north-korea-a8188236.html
It was a TEST, and you can't perfect something without first TESTING it, but for the most part the Patriot missile defense system works, just ask Israel.

And another thing your "sources" haven't told you, this MAGIC MISSILE that your KGB man is bragging about is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, it's not 100% operational yet.

"Russia has developed a new set of strategic nuclear weapons that can't be intercepted, Vladimir Putin claimed Thursday, marking a breakthrough that could dramatically increase the country's military capabilities, as U.S. officials told Fox News the missiles are still not operational."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03/01/putin-boasts-new-russian-nuclear-weapons.html

If mister KGB wants another ARMS RACE, he better start spending a whole lot more money, and we all know Russia can't afford it. The last arms race broke up the USSR and almost ruined Russia's economy.

Gunny
03-03-2018, 04:10 PM
It was a TEST, and you can't perfect something without first TESTING it, but for the most part the Patriot missile defense system works, just ask Israel.

And another thing your "sources" haven't told you, this MAGIC MISSILE that your KGB man is bragging about is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, it's not 100% operational yet.

"Russia has developed a new set of strategic nuclear weapons that can't be intercepted, Vladimir Putin claimed Thursday, marking a breakthrough that could dramatically increase the country's military capabilities, as U.S. officials told Fox News the missiles are still not operational."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03/01/putin-boasts-new-russian-nuclear-weapons.html

If mister KGB wants another ARMS RACE, he better start spending a whole lot more money, and we all know Russia can't afford it. The last arms race broke up the USSR and almost ruined Russia's economy.Was nice of the media to keep Balu and his informed.
Bunch of soul-less traitors just for a story. Our enemies don't need spies. All they have to do is read our news.

aboutime
03-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Just for your information Balu, and anyone else who feels as smart as you.

There's a good reason they call them "TESTS". They TEST things even to see if they FAIL, so they know WHY they FAILED.

Something else you will never understand Balu.

"YOU and Putin....Do not know, what you don't know....You don't know!'
Former SECDEF Donald Rumsfeld.

One more tidbit Balu. Thomas Edison TESTED more than 900 times...
BEFORE he had a BULB that worked.