PDA

View Full Version : US Society wants people to stop being people...because Liberals are Fascists

darin
03-09-2018, 05:33 AM
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Hugs-California-State-Senator-Bog-Hertzberg-Los-Angeles-476291443.html

So the guy greets people with hugs. AND the hugs are generally welcomed. AND nobody is FORCED to participate...but he's told to stop because liberalism = asshole-ism.

Give the guy a break.

A California state senator has been told to stop hugging people after an investigation concluded his embraces made multiple female colleagues uncomfortable.

However, the investigation released Thursday found Sen. Bob Hertzberg's frequent hugs are not intended to be sexual and more often than not are not unwelcome.

Hertzberg, a Democrat from Los Angeles, has earned nicknames such as "Hugsberg" and "Huggy Bear" for greeting men and women alike with giant hugs.

The Senate Rules Committee formally reprimanded him on Tuesday and told him not to hug people anymore, but he will not otherwise face discipline. Specifically, he was not to initiate hugs.

mundame
03-09-2018, 08:56 AM
State legislators are the worst sexual harassers. Boy, have I seen that, from my stint lobbying for a disability group in Annapolis.

This turkey doesn't care if "some" people like it --- he wants to impose his fat self physically on all the ladies he can get hold of. He's a predator.

This hugging business has to stop. I don't allow it as a rule and don't know how it got started. It's so impertinent and invasive!

The actual personal contact rule is the one they teach in harassment seminars in companies:

A handshake is all the touching you ever do. A simple handshake, male or female. No more. No groping. No massages. No hugging.

My daughter-in-law invited a highly dubious long-distance Facebook acquaintance to our house while she was visiting. He came in, announced loudly that he was a "hugger" and grabbed me. Well ------------ why? Why is it supposed to be okay for this worthless guy I don't know to grab hold of me??? I objected. It's time to stop this. I'm never allowing strangers or non-family to grab me again: I just decided.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-09-2018, 09:07 AM
State legislators are the worst sexual harassers. Boy, have I seen that, from my stint lobbying for a disability group in Annapolis.

This turkey doesn't care if "some" people like it --- he wants to impose his fat self physically on all the ladies he can get hold of. He's a predator.

This hugging business has to stop. I don't allow it as a rule and don't know how it got started. It's so impertinent and invasive!

The actual personal contact rule is the one they teach in harassment seminars in companies:

A handshake is all the touching you ever do. A simple handshake, male or female. No more. No groping. No massages. No hugging.

My daughter-in-law invited a highly dubious long-distance Facebook acquaintance to our house while she was visiting. He came in, announced loudly that he was a "hugger" and grabbed me. Well ------------ why? Why is it supposed to be okay for this worthless guy I don't know to grab hold of me??? I objected. It's time to stop this. I'm never allowing strangers or non-family to grab me again: I just decided.
I pretty much have to agree with you, pard. I really don't care for even relatives I haven't seen for awhile to grab me. To me it just feels like they've invaded my space, and I especially never liked it if it was a big, jiggly, squishy, fat bowl of jello. I think hugging should be contained to between 2 people that know each other very well, and both have decided that it's what they enjoy. Just walking up to someone, worse someone you don't even know, and grabbing them and mashing your body up against theirs, I don't think that's appropriate at all.

Elessar
03-09-2018, 09:26 AM
I avoid someone walking within 6 feet of me and trying to touch me.
I will hug people I know very well, especially if they are hurting.

Otherwise it is a handshake.

darin
03-09-2018, 09:36 AM
we don't make laws or punish people who are the opposite of you in terms of touchy. Hugging is great. :)

Gunny
03-09-2018, 12:33 PM
I hate people touching me.

Abbey Marie
03-09-2018, 01:35 PM
A. I agree about hugs from colleagues; I don’t like it.
B. People who are uncomfortable should just tell him. Having an official reprimand is absurd.

Gunny
03-09-2018, 04:34 PM
A. I agree about hugs from colleagues; I don’t like it.
B. People who are uncomfortable should just tell him. Having an official reprimand is absurd.

I too agree on the colleague thing. However, I was being a smartass (say it's not so :laugh:). I forget y'all ain't Southerners until you remind me. You tell Texas women not to hug you when they are your friends and you might as well slap them in the face. They get for real offended.

I DON'T like being touched. Was a hundred times worse when I first retired. The wife kept making drinking buddies with other couples at the bars and the Texas way of saying hello is handshake with the guys and hugs with the women. I had to get over wanting to slap the taste out of guys mouths for hugging my wife, and shoving away people trying to hug me.

It was awkward for awhile :laugh2:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-10-2018, 09:05 AM
I can honestly say that the only time I've had no problem with a with a big hug, is from a hot woman, which unfortunately I don't remember happening very often.

Cold day in hell I'd ever allow a MAN, that I don't know from Adam, hug me.

mundame
03-10-2018, 10:41 AM
I can honestly say that the only time I've had no problem with a with a big hug, is from a hot woman, which unfortunately I don't remember happening very often.

Cold day in hell I'd ever allow a MAN, that I don't know from Adam, hug me.

I've been thinking along these lines re the weirdo California legislator Huggy Bear (Dem, of course). They should make it plain that these guys don't get to grab and grapple women: they should limit their hugs to men. Same-sex hugging.

Heh-heh. That'd stop it.

You know he's mostly groping women.

SassyLady
03-10-2018, 01:04 PM
I like hugs ... And I'm more than capable of determining an inappropriate hugger and letting him/her know it was inappropriate and then they know to stick to handshake next time.

Banning all hugs is just one more layer of stiffling human interaction. People should stop being victims and expecting government laws to step up and determine social interaction. That determination should be individual decision between each other and respected as individual decision about how much touching they want. Why is it so hard for people to take personal responsibility and say "I'm not a hugger". Why must they run to authorities every time they are offended.

Speak up and keep government out of your business.

mundame
03-10-2018, 01:57 PM
I like hugs ... And I'm more than capable of determining an inappropriate hugger and letting him/her know it was inappropriate and then they know to stick to handshake next time.

Banning all hugs is just one more layer of stiffling human interaction. People should stop being victims and expecting government laws to step up and determine social interaction. That determination should be individual decision between each other and respected as individual decision about how much touching they want. Why is it so hard for people to take personal responsibility and say "I'm not a hugger". Why must they run to authorities every time they are offended.

Speak up and keep government out of your business.

Well, one reason for some public push-back is that it IS much harder to object when a social custom has formed. And it has: there are a lot of people who make a habit of this intrusive and abusive behavior. This new pushback in California and the news helps. I liked the account of the problem in Texas: that's what I mean. People expect to get to do it! They don't expect anyone to object.

However, you are right and I've decided no more ---- those turkeys who rush at one with arms outstretched yelling, "I'm a hugger!!" -- meaning they feel entitled, somehow, to grab and grope. "I'm not a hugger" is a good line, paired with a swift walk backward. I'll borrow that line.

Abbey Marie
03-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Well, one reason for some public push-back is that it IS much harder to object when a social custom has formed. And it has: there are a lot of people who make a habit of this intrusive and abusive behavior. This new pushback in California and the news helps. I liked the account of the problem in Texas: that's what I mean. People expect to get to do it! They don't expect anyone to object.

However, you are right and I've decided no more ---- those turkeys who rush at one with arms outstretched yelling, "I'm a hugger!!" -- meaning they feel entitled, somehow, to grab and grope. "I'm not a hugger" is a good line, paired with a swift walk backward. I'll borrow that line.

How about replying: “I’m a cougher “, and then start to cough, sans hand covering your mouth? 

High_Plains_Drifter
03-10-2018, 03:52 PM
How about replying: “I’m a cougher “, and then start to cough, sans hand covering your mouth? 
Or say this... :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4j_GffcGsQ

mundame
03-10-2018, 04:03 PM
You two are so bad........................... :laugh:

But it is tempting.

aboutime
03-10-2018, 06:58 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51sakaN1N1L._SY445_.jpghttp://c8.alamy.com/comp/BKBMT3/ten-1979-bo-derek-BKBMT3.jpg
And both are now...MY AGE.