PDA

View Full Version : Racism is not white

actsnoblemartin
08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
It is black, asian, gay, straight, jewish, muslim, christian,.

My point, lets not pretend only white people are racist and lets deal with the reality, racism exists in all religions, cultures, races, and lets deal with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49h1x-i830Q&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99cw-wdHUwA&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwEqf7ybzjY&mode=related&search=

darin
08-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Okay then!

Hagbard Celine
08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Okay then!

LOL

glockmail
08-17-2007, 04:21 PM
The biggest racist on the face of the earth today is Jesse Jackson.

Sock Puppet
08-17-2007, 07:10 PM
What about Al Sharpmouth? :laugh:

Hugh Lincoln
08-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree that pretty much every human racial group is "racist" to some extent. And I don't consider the desire to protect and preserve your own race or ethnic group to be "racist," i.e., bad or immoral. I also don't consider it "racist" to acknowledge differences between groups.

Naturally, conflicts will arise. But that's life.

Pale Rider
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM

What about louis farrakhan?

nevadamedic
08-17-2007, 08:41 PM
It is black, asian, gay, straight, jewish, muslim, christian,.

My point, lets not pretend only white people are racist and lets deal with the reality, racism exists in all religions, cultures, races, and lets deal with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49h1x-i830Q&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99cw-wdHUwA&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwEqf7ybzjY&mode=related&search=

Black people tend to be really racist and use the excuse about how White People have treated and opressed them.

OCA
08-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Black people tend to be really racist and use the excuse about how White People have treated and opressed them.

And when White trash such as you use the term "wetback" that ain't racist?

gabosaurus
08-17-2007, 10:11 PM

Excellent point, OCA. Thank you for pointing that out.

manu1959
08-18-2007, 12:14 AM

and when you use the term white trash that ain't racist?

Pale Rider
08-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Excellent point, OCA. Thank you for pointing that out.

- - - - :laugh: - - - - :lol: - - - - :lmao:

OOoooohh YES OCA... thank you... THANK YOU for pointing that out.... ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Oh yes, you're pure as the driven snow. You have NEVER used a racial slure in your LIFE, have you....?

Mexico has already taken over. Better brush up on your Spanish.
Not that I am worried. I can speak decent Spanish, and a large portion of my family is of Mexican heritage.
It's you trouble making Gringos that are in trouble...

You're a mother fucking joke sister, and a fucking hypocrit to boot.

OCA
08-18-2007, 05:50 AM
and when you use the term white trash that ain't racist?

Yes it is, and in this case its very effective. Wanted NM to pick up on that or try and say there are no White racists but apparently he ain't smart enough.

Should've known you'd see my hypocricy.:poke:

glockmail
08-18-2007, 07:43 AM

What about louis farrakhan?

True we mave have a three way tie. Interesting that all three are black?

Hugh Lincoln
08-18-2007, 09:27 AM
You see how blacks and Hispanics do not fear being called "racist." Whites do. Whites need to get over that.

I bet gabosaurus is white.

Trigg
08-18-2007, 03:10 PM
You see how blacks and Hispanics do not fear being called "racist." Whites do. Whites need to get over that.

I bet gabosaurus is white.

Well if you listen to a large segment of the black population they will tell you they can't be racist because they don't have power in this country. So of course they don't fear being called that.

IMO anyone and everyone can be racist, has nothing to do with power.

glockmail
08-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Well if you listen to a large segment of the black population they will tell you they can't be racist because they don't have power in this country. So of course they don't fear being called that.

IMO anyone and everyone can be racist, has nothing to do with power. Damn straight power has nothing to do with it and just an excuse for blacks. The first time one called me a racist I was about 8 years old riding my high rise bike. I didn't know a black from a bean bag and the black kid who lived across the street calls me a racist. My answer was "what the heck is that?" I certaintly didn't have any fucking power, especially compared with this asshole, 4 years older and twice my size. He was the fucking racist. I was just some kid with a dime in my pocket riding to the store to get candy.

Pale Rider
08-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Damn straight power has nothing to do with it and just an excuse for blacks. The first time one called me a racist I was about 8 years old riding my high rise bike. I didn't know a black from a bean bag and the black kid who lived across the street calls me a racist. My answer was "what the heck is that?" I certaintly didn't have any fucking power, especially compared with this asshole, 4 years older and twice my size. He was the fucking racist. I was just some kid with a dime in my pocket riding to the store to get candy.

Interesting story glock. I can add to that by saying I can't remember when it was I even saw my first black person. I was born in Dubuque, Iowa, and I certainly had no idea what "racist" even meant myself. My parents didn't speak of such things, so when I did finally meet, up front and personal, black people, it was really when I joined the Air Force. I didn't have a racist bone in my body. But I found out real quick the blacks in the military were quite racist. I had a couple good friends in basic training that were black. Just regular guys. I liked them. One night one of them invited me to a party in a motel room that a bunch of his friends were throwing. We got there and opened the door. There was a dude standing on the dresser, and the room was all black guys. He was preaching something I don't know, but when he saw me, a "WHITE" guy, he said, "you can stay, he's got to go," meaning the black guy that had brought me could stay, but "I" had to go. That was the first time I'd ever witnessed, first hand, racism, and it was from blacks. It didn't stop there. I saw more racism from blacks directed towards whites in the military than I'll probably ever see again in my life. I have many more stories about this also. MANY! I want to add, I have NEVER seen "WHITES" do ANYTHING like that to blacks... EVER.

Now you tell me...

5stringJeff
08-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I also don't consider it "racist" to acknowledge differences between groups.

There's a huge difference between acknowledging differences based on race and/or ethnicity and treating other people as inferior based on those real and/or perceived differences.

OCA
08-19-2007, 08:58 AM
There's a huge difference between acknowledging differences based on race and/or ethnicity and treating other people as inferior based on those real and/or perceived differences.

Exactly, when you perceive another group to be inferior based upon cultural differences that is in fact racist.

Hugh Lincoln
08-19-2007, 10:21 AM

But it's inescapable. And it depends on how, exactly, you "treat people as inferior." Our free market economic system "treats people as inferior" if you consider that it does not make up for differences in ability or effort: if you're stupider and lazier than the guy next door, you will be poorer. And we accept that. So why not with race? Currently, if blacks have lower test scores, it's blamed on whites, and they are punished with higher taxes, white guilt, school busing, gnashing of teeth, the whole bit. It's never because blacks are just inherently less intelligent. It's always because whites are bad people. Can't anyone see how that's bullshit?

5stringJeff
08-19-2007, 11:32 AM
But it's inescapable. And it depends on how, exactly, you "treat people as inferior." Our free market economic system "treats people as inferior" if you consider that it does not make up for differences in ability or effort: if you're stupider and lazier than the guy next door, you will be poorer. And we accept that. So why not with race?

That's treating people according to their actual ability, talents, and efforts, not prejudging people based on their race.

Currently, if blacks have lower test scores, it's blamed on whites, and they are punished with higher taxes, white guilt, school busing, gnashing of teeth, the whole bit. It's never because blacks are just inherently less intelligent. It's always because whites are bad people. Can't anyone see how that's bullshit?

Sure, as a group, blacks score lower than other races. But that doesn't mean that every black person is an idiot, any more than it means that white people or "the system" is to blame for it.

gabosaurus
08-19-2007, 11:46 AM
There are quite a number of racists on this board. They know who they are. And they are quite proud of it.
Yes, I am white. No, I have never used a racial slur. I was brought up to know they are wrong. Probably because minorities are a part of my family.

glockmail
08-19-2007, 12:19 PM
There are quite a number of racists on this board. They know who they are. And they are quite proud of it.
Yes, I am white. No, I have never used a racial slur. I was brought up to know they are wrong. Probably because minorities are a part of my family.
I got dumb pollacks, drunk mics, sneaky rooskies, cheap scots, bastard limeys and nazi germans in mine. :coffee:

glockmail
08-19-2007, 12:20 PM
... It's never because blacks are just inherently less intelligent. .... Do you believe they are inherently less intelligent?

glockmail
08-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Interesting story glock. I can add to that by saying I can't remember when it was I even saw my first black person. I was born in Dubuque, Iowa, and I certainly had no idea what "racist" even meant myself. My parents didn't speak of such things, so when I did finally meet, up front and personal, black people, it was really when I joined the Air Force. I didn't have a racist bone in my body. But I found out real quick the blacks in the military were quite racist. I had a couple good friends in basic training that were black. Just regular guys. I liked them. One night one of them invited me to a party in a motel room that a bunch of his friends were throwing. We got there and opened the door. There was a dude standing on the dresser, and the room was all black guys. He was preaching something I don't know, but when he saw me, a "WHITE" guy, he said, "you can stay, he's got to go," meaning the black guy that had brought me could stay, but "I" had to go. That was the first time I'd ever witnessed, first hand, racism, and it was from blacks. It didn't stop there. I saw more racism from blacks directed towards whites in the military than I'll probably ever see again in my life. I have many more stories about this also. MANY! I want to add, I have NEVER seen "WHITES" do ANYTHING like that to blacks... EVER.

Now you tell me...

I had a black friend in HS. We never really hung out but were on the track team together and if we saw each at a party or something we'd talk and stuff, as we had a lot in common, more so than most anyway. There was only 4 or 5 black kids out of a class of 500, but he was just another kid as far as all us honkeys were concerned.

About 4 years later I saw him at a bar ouside of campus at college. This was UMass, big state school with maybe 15% blacks. It was a Friday afternoon crowd, three ponies for a buck deal, and the place was packed. I saw him from across the room, so I worked my way over there and gave him a friendly shove. Well he shoved back not so friendly and he lit into me with a string of verbal abuse while his "boyz" surrounded me. I kept my cool and a big grin, let him spew for a while until he stopped, and I said loud and clear so him and his gang could here me: "Mark, it's me, from high school. You ran the 220 and I ran the 440. And your brother played football and knew my sister who was a cheerleader." His buddies all sort of rolled their eyes and went back to drinking 7oz Rolling Rocks. Old Mark didn't have much to say and that was the last I saw of him.

It was obvious that he learned racism during college and was not about to let the reality of his upbringing ruin his new outlook.

glockmail
08-19-2007, 12:39 PM
There are quite a number of racists on this board. They know who they are. And they are quite proud of it...... Yeah sure. All the conservatives, right? :poke:

We all know who the real bigot is. It's you.

Swarm
08-19-2007, 01:44 PM
When it comes to racism I have to admit that I have never met more racist people then blacks. I admit that I have racist white friends, but for about 2 years of my life I dated a black girl. And I agree with Pale Riders earlier post. I have never EVER seen any white person do the shit that I had to go through. I was treated like I had a flesh eating disease. Blacks get away with so much racism because noone has the balls to say anything and when they do they are racist and they get screwed by the "politically correct", and yet when blacks spew any racism you never even hear about it. On the same day that *EDIT*Dan Imus*EDIT* (guy on the radio) made that comment about "nappy headed whoes" there was an article in a large LA newspaper with the writer (black) making racist comments about asians. Did any of you hear about that??? I am pretty sure the answer is no. Kinda interesting eh?

Hugh Lincoln
08-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Do you believe they are inherently less intelligent?

The evidence is overwhelming.

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Race-Matters-Differences-Intelligence/dp/0275957896

Sure, as a group, blacks score lower than other races. But that doesn't mean that every black person is an idiot, any more than it means that white people or "the system" is to blame for it.

Yes, but I think the group differences are far more important than the individual differences when you're looking at what makes for a good society. And they're politically key: blacks make demands on whites AS A GROUP, not as individuals. They demand --- and GET --- affirmative action, more government spending, cultural kid-glove treatment, positive media coverage, you name it. Affirmative action does not take individual differences into account.

If it's inaccurate to say all blacks are dumb (and it is), it's even more inaccurate to say that "blacks in general are just as smart as whites." This is absolutely false. There are countless examples of American society trying to "bring up" blacks, usually with absurd results. It's entirely logically justified to assume that a given black person is, in fact, less intelligent. We all do it, too. You know in her heart of hearts that gabosaurus, if she had to pick a brain surgeon on nothing more than race, wouldn't choose the black one over the white one. And you know in her heart of hearts she wouldn't voluntarily move to a black neighborhood instead of a white one. You know it, you know it, you KNOW IT.

The whole thing is based on a lie, the lie of human equality. And the results have been no less bizarre than slavery, a policy resulting from the opposite extreme.

gabosaurus
08-19-2007, 06:03 PM
You know in her heart of hearts that gabosaurus, if she had to pick a brain surgeon on nothing more than race, wouldn't choose the black one over the white one. And you know in her heart of hearts she wouldn't voluntarily move to a black neighborhood instead of a white one. You know it, you know it, you KNOW IT.

Shows you how little you know, how stupid you are and the degree of total racism that exists within you. In essence, you are full of shit.

I live in a mixed neighborhood -- blacks, Mexicans and Anglos. We are quite happy there. My church has quite an Anglo population -- me and my husband. The rest of the congregation is black, and the majority of them are quite intelligent and quite skilled. Probably smarter than the majority of posters of this board.
I was in the hospital four years ago with a very serious condition. I was treated by two surgeons who basically saved my life. One was black. The other was from Pakistan. They were the BEST in their field.

Just knows the level of prejudice and ignorance among some posters on this board. I can tell without asking who has an education and who does not.

5stringJeff
08-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Yes, but I think the group differences are far more important than the individual differences when you're looking at what makes for a good society. And they're politically key: blacks make demands on whites AS A GROUP, not as individuals. They demand --- and GET --- affirmative action, more government spending, cultural kid-glove treatment, positive media coverage, you name it. Affirmative action does not take individual differences into account.

I'm just as opposed to affirmative action, racial quotas, etc. as anyone else around here.

If it's inaccurate to say all blacks are dumb (and it is), it's even more inaccurate to say that "blacks in general are just as smart as whites." This is absolutely false. There are countless examples of American society trying to "bring up" blacks, usually with absurd results. It's entirely logically justified to assume that a given black person is, in fact, less intelligent. We all do it, too. You know in her heart of hearts that gabosaurus, if she had to pick a brain surgeon on nothing more than race, wouldn't choose the black one over the white one. And you know in her heart of hearts she wouldn't voluntarily move to a black neighborhood instead of a white one. You know it, you know it, you KNOW IT.

The whole thing is based on a lie, the lie of human equality. And the results have been no less bizarre than slavery, a policy resulting from the opposite extreme.

Human equality means that we treat all people equally, not that all humans have equal intellectual/physical/emotional abilities. Treating people equally has its roots in Christian ethics, but is also a cornerstone of American ideals.

Hugh Lincoln
08-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Human equality means that we treat all people equally, not that all humans have equal intellectual/physical/emotional abilities.

But how are you defining "treat"? Who is doing this "treating" and how? And who is receiving this "treating"?

If you mean government, then here's an example of the problems that can arise. If we prosecute and jail in proportion to the numbers in each race that commit crime, we send many more blacks to jail than whites. And, in fact, we do. But blacks say this isn't fair. They say proportionate numbers should be in jail. Moreover, they'll do shit like, I don't know, BURN L.A. TO THE GROUND over things like this.

Whatchya gonna do?

glockmail
08-19-2007, 07:16 PM
The evidence is overwhelming. ...

So if a white infant and a black were both adopted by the same parents, on average, the white kid would grow up and be smarter. Is that your position?

Hugh Lincoln
08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
So if a white infant and a black were both adopted by the same parents, on average, the white kid would grow up and be smarter. Is that your position?

The average white IQ is 15 points higher than the average black IQ. Ten percent of all blacks have an IQ higher than the average white. And, 90 percent of all blacks have an IQ that's lower. So you'd have to speak in terms of chances. So I think you could say that most of the time, in this scenario, the answer would be yes.

These figures, by the way, are not really in dispute. Any psychologist will confirm this. What they disagree on is the extent to which it's inherited. In the Bell Curve, they say, it's MOSTLY inherited, with some room for environmental influence. The PC crowd will say that environmental factors dominate. But the inherited part is what freaks people out.

Kathianne
08-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I've said it since coming to the original board, I think it was one of my first posts, most of the 'intelligence differences' are a matter of socioeconomic forces.

Given the 'average range' where people fall high or low within, I believe is more a matter of environment, nurturing, and enrichment. Parents with more education and/or financial resources are better able to help their children be ready for academics and standardized tests, (including cognitive testing), than those with limited education and/or resources.

Blacks had first the issue of slavery. Then the issues related to the failure of reconstruction. Followed by two world wars, where they were expected to 'serve', but not in real roles.

By 1944 or so, the mistakes were recognized, the military started to rethink. Unfortunately not the rest of society, that would take the 1960's and Civil Rights Movement. Problem was, the 'gains' included welfare that would undermine the black family, which had been more strong than white marriage rates, at least to that point. It was all about money and dependency.

Here we are today. Much has improved since the worst of the 70's and 80's, yet the black family is still not what it was. However, the blacks have overwhelmingly become middle class, most of the adults though the 80's, without college. In the 90's, for female blacks it started to change. It's been on an upswing since, regarding education and incomes.

How important is it to have a parent that at least 'attended college'? Pretty important. My youngest dated a Puerto Rican girl, (whose parents just hated Mexicans) in his first year of college, while she was a senior. Her parents insisted she attend U of I which had offered her a full ride, even though she didn't want to go there, even though what she wished to major in her parents refused to go along with. She flunked out after the first year, my son broke up with her in January.

Since that time, they've talked, though he has zero desire to date her anymore. She pulled her grades up at a jr. college, is going to go to U of I, Chicago, (very different than Champaign). Her major was what she originally wanted.

My son said to me last week, 'We have been lucky, while you made clear we'd either be in school full time or working full time, you always let us make our way. At the same time, when something was really wrong with the school or teacher, you knew what to advise us to do.' He's right. I could, since I'd been there, his old girlfriend's parents hadn't finished high school, but struggled to put her and her sisters through Catholic high schools, earning scholarships along the way. They too wanted the best, just didn't realize the lines.

So too it is with blacks and poor whites and any other minorities you may be speaking to.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:12 AM
The average white IQ is 15 points higher than the average black IQ. Ten percent of all blacks have an IQ higher than the average white. And, 90 percent of all blacks have an IQ that's lower. So you'd have to speak in terms of chances. So I think you could say that most of the time, in this scenario, the answer would be yes.

These figures, by the way, are not really in dispute. Any psychologist will confirm this. What they disagree on is the extent to which it's inherited. In the Bell Curve, they say, it's MOSTLY inherited, with some room for environmental influence. The PC crowd will say that environmental factors dominate. But the inherited part is what freaks people out. That's great Hugh but I asked what your opinion was relative to my specific question. I’ll put it another way: do you believe that blacks are genetically intellectually inferior to whites?

I'm not afraid to tell you my answer, which is "no", and my belief is based on the very un-PC notion that the Declaration of Independence is a prophetic document and states that "all men are created equal".

Trigg
08-20-2007, 12:03 PM
I live in a mixed neighborhood -- blacks, Mexicans and Anglos. We are quite happy there. My church has quite an Anglo population -- me and my husband. The rest of the congregation is black, and the majority of them are quite intelligent and quite skilled. Probably smarter than the majority of posters of this board.
I was in the hospital four years ago with a very serious condition. I was treated by two surgeons who basically saved my life. One was black. The other was from Pakistan. They were the BEST in their field.

It's wonderfull that you live in such a happy neighborhood.

What you are ignoring though is the point of the thread, that racism isn't a white thing. I am in the group here that grew up in an almost entirely white area with the only blacks being a family whos father was a Dr. I thought all blacks were nice/friendly people. That is until I moved to New Orleans and learned that I am part of a hated majority, I learned real fast that the blacks l worked with hated me based on skin color.

You can yell and scream about the racists on this board, but will you agree that whites are not the only racists running around?????????????

gabosaurus
08-21-2007, 11:03 PM
There are racists of all colors. But most of them are white. You don't see blacks looking down on whites as inferior. They look at whites as oppressors. Many whites still see blacks as stupid people who should still be slaves. Blacks see whites as stupid people who still want to enslave them.
I haven't read many instances of black people burning crosses and lynching white people. I haven't read anything about black skinheads beating up white kids and dragging them behind their trucks. I have yet to read a report of a car full of white teens stopped for "driving while white." If a truck load of white kids is spotted driving through a black neighborhood at night, they are not stopped on the suspicion of being gang members.
A couple of different sources did studies of how the media treated the flooding of New Orleans. They centered on two similar photos of groups of people breaking into a supermarket to get supplies. In a picture taken in the primarily white portion of town, the people dragging food and supplies out were depicted as "taking food to feed their families." In the picture taken in a primarily black portion of town, people doing the exact same thing were labeled as "looters."

Racism is often tied to heredity. If your parents and other family members were racist, you probably grew up racist. And you are raising your kids to be racist.
My paternal grandparents grew up in Dallas. They hated minorities with a passion. They pretty much disowned their two sons. Because one married a Mexican and the other married a German. I never met my paternal grandmother. My grandfather I finally met when he came to my wedding.

Racism is practiced by all groups. But it was originated by whites and remains their primary domain.

glockmail
08-22-2007, 07:29 AM
There are racists of all colors. But most of them are white. You don't see blacks looking down on whites as inferior. .....

II. Historical Development
A. The NOI began in the context of Black Nationalism during the early twentieth century (1913-1929)
B. Black Nationalism arose in the context of political, religious and cultural oppression of blacks by whites (slavery and post-slavery conduct).
C. Two key political and religious forerunners of the NOI were Marcus Garvey (mainly political) and Noble Drew Ali (mainly religious).
1. Marcus Garvey (Universal Negro Improvement Assoc., est. 1914).
a. Directly influenced W.D. Fard and Elijah Muhammad, and Garvey’s writings indirectly influenced Malcolm X.
b. Promoted independent black commerce and industry, and the emigration of all blacks to Africa.
c. Taught that whites were an inferior race and that God was black.
http://www.ontruth.com/NationofIslam.htm

Nukeman
08-22-2007, 08:27 AM
There are racists of all colors. But most of them are white. You don't see blacks looking down on whites as inferior.
I think your way off base with this. Whites actually make up less people on this earth than most other races..

They look at whites as oppressors. Many whites still see blacks as stupid people who should still be slaves. Blacks see whites as stupid people who still want to enslave them.

Your right blacks see whites as stupid because we continue to fall for the "white guilt" line of crap. I never owned slaves my family never owned slaves in fact if YOU do a little research MOST whites never owned slaves of any kind. It was a very elite wealthy group of whites I will also point out to you that a number of blacks owned slaves as well..

I haven't read many instances of black people burning crosses and lynching white people. I haven't read anything about black skinheads beating up white kids and dragging them behind their trucks.

You obviously live in a rose colored glasses kind of place than. There is more black on white crime in the US than the other way around it just doesn't get sensationalized as "hate crimes". Try typing into google "black on white crime stats".

I have yet to read a report of a car full of white teens stopped for "driving while white." If a truck load of white kids is spotted driving through a black neighborhood at night, they are not stopped on the suspicion of being gang members.

Your right again!! they are however stopped/arrested for possible drug purchase. Regardless of what you think many whites are targeted as well.

A couple of different sources did studies of how the media treated the flooding of New Orleans. They centered on two similar photos of groups of people breaking into a supermarket to get supplies. In a picture taken in the primarily white portion of town, the people dragging food and supplies out were depicted as "taking food to feed their families." In the picture taken in a primarily black portion of town, people doing the exact same thing were labeled as "looters."

Once again your right!! Lets look at what they were taking. The one group was taking essentials the other was taking Big Screen TV's and DVD players and other electronics that after all they were entiteled to right.. They just couldn't live without those.

Racism is often tied to heredity. If your parents and other family members were racist, you probably grew up racist. And you are raising your kids to be racist.
This is a total line of crap. Some people may be led down a particular path but aren't blacks just as guilty of this type of "programing" in their own offspring..

My paternal grandparents grew up in Dallas. They hated minorities with a passion. They pretty much disowned their two sons. Because one married a Mexican and the other married a German. I never met my paternal grandmother. My grandfather I finally met when he came to my wedding.
Thats their own problem, if they were willing to sacrifice their family for pettiness then they were/are small minded people
[QUOTE]Racism is practiced by all groups. But it was originated by whites and remains their primary domain.QUOTE]

No it wasn't and I would like your link to the proof of yoru statement. If you are to belive most history books white didn't come about untill much later in our "evolutionary process". I know a lot of black feel that whites are a curse of God and we shouldn't be aloud to live or are beneath them. So you tell me how if whites are a curse of God how is it that we originated racism....

Trigg
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
There are racists of all colors. But most of them are white. You don't see blacks looking down on whites as inferior. They look at whites as oppressors. Many whites still see blacks as stupid people who should still be slaves. Blacks see whites as stupid people who still want to enslave them.
I haven't read many instances of black people burning crosses and lynching white people. I haven't read anything about black skinheads beating up white kids and dragging them behind their trucks. I have yet to read a report of a car full of white teens stopped for "driving while white." If a truck load of white kids is spotted driving through a black neighborhood at night, they are not stopped on the suspicion of being gang members.

Racism is practiced by all groups. But it was originated by whites and remains their primary domain.

1. Why would your grandparents, if they were white, disown a son for marrying a German?????

2. A carload of whites stopped in a predominantly black area will be stopped for drugs not for gang activity. Watch COPS sometimes, they will discuss why whites are in the area and stop them for suspicion.

3. Plenty of articles about Blacks hating whites including exterminating white people, killing the happy white people and the group in California that nearly beat 3 white girls to death

http://polipundit.com/wp-comments-popup.php?p=17170&c=1

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1747488/posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMOkDOXAovQ

4. White people didn't create racism. Whites were still in the dark ages when more advanced civilizations were busy taking over and enslaving populations darker than they were (Egypt). Or, worshiping lighter skin (Japan-Geisha), India has a long history with the cast system that has to do with lighter skin.

5. You might feel guilty for US history being what it is, but don't lay that on other people by saying White people are the most racist and created it. I personnally feel no guilt, it wasn't me and it wasn't my family.

6. check out a few black websights and you will see hatred equal to stormfront anyday.

gabosaurus
08-22-2007, 03:28 PM
1. Why would your grandparents, if they were white, disown a son for marrying a German?????

My paternal grandfather fought in WWII. My maternal grandfather also fought in WWII. For the other side.

2. A carload of whites stopped in a predominantly black area will be stopped for drugs not for gang activity. Watch COPS sometimes, they will discuss why whites are in the area and stop them for suspicion.

You are using COPS as a reference? Jeeez...
Obviously you know zero about this topic.

3. Plenty of articles about Blacks hating whites including exterminating white people, killing the happy white people and the group in California that nearly beat 3 white girls to death

Thanks for the links to right wing web sites. You obviously did not grasp my point.

4. White people didn't create racism. Whites were still in the dark ages when more advanced civilizations were busy taking over and enslaving populations darker than they were (Egypt). Or, worshiping lighter skin (Japan-Geisha), India has a long history with the cast system that has to do with lighter skin.

Apples and oranges, dude. This has nothing to do with American history.

5. You might feel guilty for US history being what it is, but don't lay that on other people by saying White people are the most racist and created it. I personnally feel no guilt, it wasn't me and it wasn't my family.

Your attitude says otherwise.

6. check out a few black websights and you will see hatred equal to stormfront anyday.

I don't need to check out web sites. I live and work with people of all ethnic persuasions. I also read message boards like this one. I know what I am talking about.

Trigg
08-22-2007, 05:42 PM

My paternal grandfather fought in WWII. My maternal grandfather also fought in WWII. For the other side.

You are using COPS as a reference? Jeeez...
Obviously you know zero about this topic.

Thanks for the links to right wing web sites. You obviously did not grasp my point.

Apples and oranges, dude. This has nothing to do with American history.

Your attitude says otherwise.

I don't need to check out web sites. I live and work with people of all ethnic persuasions. I also read message boards like this one. I know what I am talking about.

1. Obviously your grandparents were close minded people and racism was the lest of their problems. My grandfathers both fought in WW11 also and didn't come away with a hatred for Germans.

2. White people get pulled over for suspicion while driving in black areas. Your in denile about this..your problem.

3.Youtube is right wing....didn't know that thanks for the enlightenment. As for the other articles. Did you bother to read them??? Or are you just insulted by the source. Because regardless of where I got the articles they still happened. Which means your assertion that black people don't do things like that is WRONG.

4. You said racism originated with white people. You didn't say racism originated with white people in the US. So my assertion still stands white people did not create racism. Maybe you should be more specific when insulting an entire race.

5. How does what I've said point to my having white guilt?????? Please tell me because I'm dying to find out how you reached that conclusion.

6. maybe you do need to check some out. Cause I've lived in New Orleans and went to school outside Tampa. That is where I first learned racism and it was directed at me for my skin color. I refuse to raise my children around that and that is why we live where we do.

Feel free to again ignore those articles I posted, your rose colored glasses might break.

gabosaurus
08-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Racism is not only a color issue. It can also be a cultural issue. My paternal grandfather refused to people he fought against. Some 60's/70's vets still hold a grudge against Chinese and Vietnamese. Current vets hold a grudge against Muslims.

To properly understand racism, you have to understand the reasons behind racism. The modern version of racism began with Anglos viewing non-Anglos as inferior. Not just blacks, but Asians, Irish, Hispanics and Native Americans. They were enslaved and normally had no rights or privileges. Women were often cast into this group as well.

There are militant black groups, just as there are militant white groups. In cities where blacks have become the majority, there are black groups who have attempted to turn the tables and dish out what they have been subjected to.
Many large cities still have black "ghettos." I don't see where anyplace has white "ghettos" filled with substandard housing and poor schools.

Where I grew up in Anaheim, the split was about 50 percent Mexican, 20 percent black, 20 percent white and rest "others." You learn to live with people. You accept that you are in the minority and deal with it.

Hugh Lincoln
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
I’ll put it another way: do you believe that blacks are genetically intellectually inferior to whites?

Yes, absolutely.

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM

These figures, by the way, are not really in dispute. Any psychologist will confirm this. What they disagree on is the extent to which it's inherited. In the Bell Curve, they say, it's MOSTLY inherited, with some room for environmental influence. The PC crowd will say that environmental factors dominate. But the inherited part is what freaks people out.

I don't but that. I met a very smart student at the UNR campus today. This kid is a genius, I was very impressed. He is a member of MENSA(I think it's called that, he was talking about it) and he was only a Freshman!

Oh yea and I forgot to mention, he was black.

Hugh Lincoln
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I've said it since coming to the original board, I think it was one of my first posts, most of the 'intelligence differences' are a matter of socioeconomic forces.

Given the 'average range' where people fall high or low within, I believe is more a matter of environment, nurturing, and enrichment. Parents with more education and/or financial resources are better able to help their children be ready for academics and standardized tests, (including cognitive testing), than those with limited education and/or resources.

But this then begs the question, why are blacks so often without these resources? Their "former oppression" simply cannot be the eternal explanation. Jews are a formerly oppressed group, yet they boast the highest IQ's in the world.

The answer to me is clear: the "environment" answer is easy on the soul... a liberal favorite... because it suggests that "racists" are responsible, "the economy," you name it. ANYTHING but, "Well, maybe they just aren't that smart to begin with." It's hard to face up to this because it destroys our faith in free will as the sole determinant of success.

Yurt
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
But this then begs the question, why are blacks so often without these resources? Their "former oppression" simply cannot be the eternal explanation. Jews are a formerly oppressed group, yet they boast the highest IQ's in the world.

The answer to me is clear: the "environment" answer is easy on the soul... a liberal favorite... because it suggests that "racists" are responsible, "the economy," you name it. ANYTHING but, "Well, maybe they just aren't that smart to begin with." It's hard to face up to this because it destroys our faith in free will as the sole determinant of success.

Are there any facts to counter this?

I would like to see andectodal evidence as well.

glockmail
08-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Yes, absolutely. I've given you the benefit of doubt and endured months of you avoiding this direct question. Finally an answer.
You're a racist and there is little hope for you. Sorry, pal.

Hugh Lincoln
08-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I've given you the benefit of doubt and endured months of you avoiding this direct question. Finally an answer.
You're a racist and there is little hope for you. Sorry, pal.

I think if you check my record, I don't avoid this question (I'm William Joyce on the other board).

The tag "racist" does not intimidate me. It's a name, like "fascist" or "commie" or "jerk." It does not say much in this day and age. A "racist" is pretty much any white conservative who won't apologize personally for black failures. Big fucking deal. Heck, a "racist" is any white person not inclined to off themselves for being white.

The question isn't whether I'm "racist" or not. The question is whether I'm RIGHT OR WRONG. But whipping out the term "racist" is a good way to dismiss someone who offers facts that differ from the liberal agenda. Peter Brimelow likes to say, "a racist is anyone who's winning an argument with a liberal." I don't assume from your posts that you are a liberal, but I hope you're not going to act like one by crying like a baby and screaming "racist" when you're presented with facts and reality.

So, am I right or wrong? That's going to depend on the strength of the available evidence, isn't it? I've given my evidence and I'm happy to give more. The data on this is overwhelming. What's your data, glockmail? Have you read up on this topic?

glockmail
08-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I think if you check my record, I don't avoid this question (I'm William Joyce on the other board).

The tag "racist" does not intimidate me. It's a name, like "fascist" or "commie" or "jerk." It does not say much in this day and age. A "racist" is pretty much any white conservative who won't apologize personally for black failures. Big fucking deal. Heck, a "racist" is any white person not inclined to off themselves for being white.

The question isn't whether I'm "racist" or not. The question is whether I'm RIGHT OR WRONG. But whipping out the term "racist" is a good way to dismiss someone who offers facts that differ from the liberal agenda. Peter Brimelow likes to say, "a racist is anyone who's winning an argument with a liberal." I don't assume from your posts that you are a liberal, but I hope you're not going to act like one by crying like a baby and screaming "racist" when you're presented with facts and reality.

So, am I right or wrong? That's going to depend on the strength of the available evidence, isn't it? I've given my evidence and I'm happy to give more. The data on this is overwhelming. What's your data, glockmail? Have you read up on this topic? Your opinion is colored by the social situation. Everything else being equal, a black kid has as much potential as a white kid.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Your opinion is colored by the social situation. Everything else being equal, a black kid has as much potential as a white kid.

He is blinded by racism.

Hugh Lincoln
08-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Everything else being equal, a black kid has as much potential as a white kid.

Upon what evidence do you base that statement?

glockmail
08-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Upon what evidence do you base that statement?
1. Declaration of Independence, 2nd P, 1st sentence.
1934 Created in the image of the one God and equally endowed with rational souls, all men have the same nature and the same origin. Redeemed by the sacrifice of Christ, all are called to participate in the same divine beatitude: all therefore enjoy an equal dignity. http://www.vatican.net/archive/catechism/p3s1c2a3.htm

5stringJeff
08-26-2007, 01:12 PM
1. Declaration of Independence, 2nd P, 1st sentence.
2. http://www.vatican.net/archive/catechism/p3s1c2a3.htm

Yes, all men do (or should) enjoy equal rights and share an equal dignity. But I think that HL is saying that, beyond that, there is evidence that, in the aggregate, blacks have lower IQs than whites.

glockmail
08-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Yes, all men do (or should) enjoy equal rights and share an equal dignity. But I think that HL is saying that, beyond that, there is evidence that, in the aggregate, blacks have lower IQs than whites. I'm sure that's true, but that's not the issue. I specifically said "Everything else being equal, a black kid has as much potential as a white kid".

Blacks are dumber on average because of the pitiful family situations, where more often than not a father is nowhere to be seen. I have no doubt that if I adopted two infants, one white and one black, they would both grow up with equal IQ.

5stringJeff
08-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Blacks are dumber on average because of the pitiful family situations, where more often than not a father is nowhere to be seen. I have no doubt that if I adopted two infants, one white and one black, they would both grow up with equal IQ.

Don't be so sure. Genetics have a lot to do with IQ, probably (though I'd have to confirm this) more than environment.

glockmail
08-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Don't be so sure. Genetics have a lot to do with IQ, probably (though I'd have to confirm this) more than environment.
I'm sure that they do, which is the main reason why my kids are smart. I just don't think there is a racial component.