PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest solution to the Mexican problem

typomaniac
08-17-2007, 03:56 PM
1. Annex Mexico. (Their federal government is ridiculously corrupt and universally hated anyway.)
2. Give US statehood to all Mexican states, and US citizenship to all Mexican citizens.
3. Adopt two official languages. If the Swiss can handle three, we can sure as hell handle two.

Bottom line: everybody gets what they want. And as a side bonus, the southern border gets a lot smaller, making it much easier to secure from drug runners and terrorists.

theHawk
08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Why would we want to annex that shithole?

Hagbard Celine
08-17-2007, 04:09 PM

Natural resources and real estate! I mean the US is as big as it is now because of the idea of "Manifest Destiny." Annexing Mexico would just be continuing that original idea.

Gunny
08-17-2007, 04:10 PM
1. Annex Mexico. (Their federal government is ridiculously corrupt and universally hated anyway.)
2. Give US statehood to all Mexican states, and US citizenship to all Mexican citizens.
3. Adopt two official languages. If the Swiss can handle three, we can sure as hell handle two.

Bottom line: everybody gets what they want. And as a side bonus, the southern border gets a lot smaller, making it much easier to secure from drug runners and terrorists.

Do you know how long it would take to bring Mexico's standard of living up to par with the US's?

It'd be cheaper to deport every illegal and man the border with troops.

Hagbard Celine
08-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Do you know how long it would take to bring Mexico's standard of living up to par with the US's?

It'd probably only take a couple of years before they'd have a Starbuck's and a Target on every corner just like we do!

-Cp
08-17-2007, 04:20 PM
It'd probably only take a couple of years before they'd have a Starbuck's and a Target on every corner just like we do!

Actually that's not far from the truth of the larger, more touristy cities..

My wife and I were in Cancun... .

They have Costco, Wal-mart, Sam's Club, McDonald's, Ruths' Chris Steakhouse, Hard Rock Cafe, and TONS of American businesses....

typomaniac
08-17-2007, 04:37 PM

Sure, if the government has to pay for it all. But, as HC implied, with a peaceful annexation you would have the private sector footing most of the bill.

Gaffer
08-17-2007, 06:28 PM
It wouldn't work. Mexico would be like baghdad on steroids.

5stringJeff
08-17-2007, 06:36 PM

The Mexican government, along with many of its citizens, would never give their permission to do this, so we'd have to fight for Mexico. Besides being ridiculously easy, why the hell would we fight a war to annex land and people we don't want?

Pale Rider
08-17-2007, 06:37 PM

Don't faint dead away but... I like it. I've said the same thing before.

typomaniac
08-17-2007, 06:49 PM
The Mexican government, along with many of its citizens, would never give their permission to do this, so we'd have to fight for Mexico. Besides being ridiculously easy, why the hell would we fight a war to annex land and people we don't want?

You're right about the Mexican government not wanting it, but as I mentioned, the Mexican people hate them anyhow.

As for the people, why wouldn't they want to get US citizenship for free? That's a commodity that much of the world's population would love to have but never could.

Pale Rider
08-17-2007, 07:18 PM
I'll bet there WOULD be plenty of Mexican "people" that would welcome Mexico becoming states of America.

In any case, we'd have to pull out of Iraq, because as it stands now, our military is stretched so thin we can't even protect our own border.

typomaniac
08-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Don't faint dead away but... I like it. I've said the same thing before.

* pulling himself off the floor and back onto the chair *

And you'd be cool with mandatory English and Spanish proficiency for all high school grads? (Probably a useful skill anyway...)

Pale Rider
08-17-2007, 07:25 PM

And you'd be cool with mandatory English and Spanish proficiency for all high school grads? (Probably a useful skill anyway...)

If we did annex Mexico, then I'd see a real need for Spanish and English. Hell I'd go down to the local college and sign up for Spanish classes myself.

I mean the idea has merit. Mexico is a very rich nation as far as resources. But then so are we. Adding Mexico as new states to America, we'd be better off then ever before. The benefits would be good for everyone.

There's lots of corruption to clean up in Mexico, but I think it would be worth the effort.

THEY would have to live by OUR constitution.

Gunny
08-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Sure, if the government has to pay for it all. But, as HC implied, with a peaceful annexation you would have the private sector footing most of the bill.

Oh, THAT's just brilliant. "Private sector" = MY tax dollars. Fuck THAT. I'm already working over a week a month for free to prop up your little failure of a social experiment.

No more bright ideas from the left.

Gunny
08-17-2007, 07:31 PM

Isn't that odd? You scream encroachment on freedom when i comes to wearing your pants around your ass, but you'd FORCE people to learn a foreign language.

Says it all.

typomaniac
08-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh, THAT's just brilliant. "Private sector" = MY tax dollars. Fuck THAT. I'm already working over a week a month for free to prop up your little failure of a social experiment.

No more bright ideas from the left.

Talking out your ass again, I see.

"Private sector" = Corporations investing THEIR dollars in the new US States. Creating jobs. Increasing the tax base. So that YOU don't have to pay so much. About as free market as free market gets.

typomaniac
08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Isn't that odd? You scream encroachment on freedom when i comes to wearing your pants around your ass, but you'd FORCE people to learn a foreign language.

Says it all.

So now you're anti-education? :eek:

Gunny
08-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Talking out your ass again, I see.

"Private sector" = Corporations investing THEIR dollars in the new US States. Creating jobs. Increasing the tax base. So that YOU don't have to pay so much. About as free market as free market gets.

And you see THAT happening, right? Wrong answer. The middle class will just have that tax burden shoved on our backs just like we're forced to carry every handout program the left can dream up as it is.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Gunny
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
So now you're anti-education? :eek:

Not even a good try. I'm far from anti-education. I'm against forcing Americans to learn to speak Spanish.

Here's a novel thought ... how about since it's OUR country, THEY learn to speak English? You know, happens everywhere else in the world?

gabosaurus
08-17-2007, 10:19 PM
What is wrong with annexing Mexico? We could go in and clean up the problems.
Besides, we've already got Utah, Montana and the Dakotas. Mexico can't be much worse.

MtnBiker
08-18-2007, 10:39 AM
How about we give the state of California to Mexico. With their absence of 54 electoral votes we won't ever vote a democrat to the Presidency again.

Gunny
08-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Besides, we've already got Utah, Montana and the Dakotas. Mexico can't be much worse.

Coming froma person who lives in state where the deficit exceeds the deficits of all other stated combined and mostly because of illegal immigrants, your knock on other states is laughable at best.

waterrescuedude2000
08-18-2007, 11:31 PM

:clap:

5stringJeff
08-19-2007, 08:47 AM
How about we give the state of California to Mexico. With their absence of 54 electoral votes we won't ever vote a democrat to the Presidency again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

5stringJeff
08-19-2007, 08:48 AM

Having been to all of those states, I find your comment ludicrous. Utah and Montana are absolutely beautiful, and the Dakotas are good farmland with good people.

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 01:41 PM
And you see THAT happening, right? Wrong answer. The middle class will just have that tax burden shoved on our backs just like we're forced to carry every handout program the left can dream up as it is.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Yeah, brilliant analysis there. NOT!

Keep supporting rightwing warmongers and you WILL have more war taxes shoved on your back.

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 01:43 PM

California has a much stronger economy than Mexico: just give us independence and we'll annex Mexico ourselves.
:fu:

MtnBiker
08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
California has a much stronger economy than Mexico: just give us independence and we'll annex Mexico ourselves.
:fu:

Fine and :fu: too.

Gunny
08-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah, brilliant analysis there. NOT!

Keep supporting rightwing warmongers and you WILL have more war taxes shoved on your back.

Ahh ... the "new and improved" Typomaniac .... as incapable of debate as ever. Just can't help deflecting to personal attacks to try and hide the fact you have no real argument, can you?

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Ahh ... the "new and improved" Typomaniac .... as incapable of debate as ever. Just can't help deflecting to personal attacks to try and hide the fact you have no real argument, can you?

Saying that someone's analysis isn't brilliant is no personal attack. Don't pretend that I have no real argument when all you've been doing is baiting.

Gunny
08-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Saying that someone's analysis isn't brilliant is no personal attack. Don't pretend that I have no real argument when all you've been doing is baiting.

Don't try to deflect from the fact you have no argument by accusing me of baiting. I responded to your post and you've responded with nothing but sarcastic dismissals rather than any facts to support your "great idea."

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Don't try to deflect from the fact you have no argument by accusing me of baiting. I responded to your post and you've responded with nothing but sarcastic dismissals rather than any facts to support your "great idea."

Are you taking forensic lessons from glockmail now?

You didn't "respond" to my posts with anything besides one-sentence, blanket statements of predicted failure. Hell, you didn't even elaborate on your "responses," let alone try to back them up. What else can you expect from anyone besides a sarcastic dismissal of that?

Gunny
08-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Are you taking forensic lessons from glockmail now?

You didn't "respond" to my posts with anything besides one-sentence, blanket statements of predicted failure. Hell, you didn't even elaborate on your "responses," let alone try to back them up. What else can you expect from anyone besides a sarcastic dismissal of that?

I made a valid point which you chose to ignore. Bringing Mexico up to our standard of living would cost WAY more than just enforcing our border/immigration laws and even deporting ALL illegals. That's an obvious no-brainer requiring no backup.

You made the initial post; which, as it stands is nothing more than your opinion. When you provide some facts to support it, someone *might* provide some to refute them

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I made a valid point which you chose to ignore. Bringing Mexico up to our standard of living would cost WAY more than just enforcing our border/immigration laws and even deporting ALL illegals. That's an obvious no-brainer requiring no backup.
True, and if you haven't been boxing too much at the gym lately, you'll remember that I agreed with you. :eek:

I went on to make the point that, despite the higher total cost, most of it wouldn't come out of taxes: it would come out of private investment. Pretty much exactly what happened in most of eastern Europe after the Soviet Union dissolved.

I haven't heard any response to that beyond "That's never going to happen." Care to provide some facts to support that prediction?

MtnBiker
08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
After annexing Mexico, in another 20 years should we go ahead and annex the South American continent? :rolleyes:

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 10:23 PM
After annexing Mexico, in another 20 years should we go ahead and annex the South American continent? :rolleyes:
Who knows? In 20 years just about anything's possible. :dunno:

waterrescuedude2000
08-21-2007, 01:36 AM
I say as a veteran that the mere presence of ILLEGALS OF EVERY RACE offend me and need to be dealt with by any means necessary if they riot SHOOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! SEAL THE BORDERS. then deal with the ones already here. By violent or non violent means i dont care how they are dealt with. JUST DEAL WITH THEM!!!

Gunny
08-21-2007, 03:51 AM
True, and if you haven't been boxing too much at the gym lately, you'll remember that I agreed with you. :eek:

I went on to make the point that, despite the higher total cost, most of it wouldn't come out of taxes: it would come out of private investment. Pretty much exactly what happened in most of eastern Europe after the Soviet Union dissolved.

I haven't heard any response to that beyond "That's never going to happen." Care to provide some facts to support that prediction?

Where are YOUR facts to support your prediction? I have seen none.

How much fact does it take to prove to a liberal that every social handout program has come at the expense of the taxpayer, and the majority of that burden falls on the middle class?

The private sector isn't going to foot any bill. If it was going to do its fair share, and pay its taxes, there would not BE a demand for illegal immigrants. Make those illegals legal citizens with the stroke of your magic wand, and the private sector just finds another way around it.

typomaniac
08-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Where are YOUR facts to support your prediction? I have seen none.My prediction that more investment from the private sector would raise the standard of living? That, too, is an "obvious no-brainer requiring no backup." New natural resources to tap, new markets to sell to. It's worked nearly everywhere else in the world. How is Mexico different?
How much fact does it take to prove to a liberal that every social handout program has come at the expense of the taxpayer, and the majority of that burden falls on the middle class?Ask a liberal. :poke:

I haven't said word one about "social handout programs." You're the one who keeps trying to conjure them up in tis context.
The private sector isn't going to foot any bill. If it was going to do its fair share, and pay its taxes, there would not BE a demand for illegal immigrants. Make those illegals legal citizens with the stroke of your magic wand, and the private sector just finds another way around it.The only way they can find ways around it is with the cooperation of idiot globalists like your hero George.

Gunny
08-21-2007, 12:20 PM
My prediction that more investment from the private sector would raise the standard of living? That, too, is an "obvious no-brainer requiring no backup." New natural resources to tap, new markets to sell to. It's worked nearly everywhere else in the world. How is Mexico different?Ask a liberal. :poke:

I haven't said word one about "social handout programs." You're the one who keeps trying to conjure them up in tis context.The only way they can find ways around it is with the cooperation of idiot globalists like your hero George.

If Mexico had any natural resources worth taking, we would have a couple hundred years ago.

Of you don't say anything about social handout programs. All part of the grand scheme. But the second you make all of those people US citizens and there aren't enough jobs to go around, guess what brings their standard of living up?

Social handout programs.

typomaniac
08-21-2007, 01:02 PM
If Mexico had any natural resources worth taking, we would have a couple hundred years ago.
Please tell me you don't believe that. Mexico has more oil than the US ever did. To say nothing of precious metals.
Of you don't say anything about social handout programs. All part of the grand scheme. But the second you make all of those people US citizens and there aren't enough jobs to go around, guess what brings their standard of living up?

Social handout programs.Not jobs?

Gunny
08-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Please tell me you don't believe that. Mexico has more oil than the US ever did. To say nothing of precious metals.Not jobs?

Really now? At the time, we didn't know Mexico had more oil, if it actually does, and we were not dependent on foreign sources for oil. Neither were we aware there was a limit to our precious metals resources.

By the time we realized either, Manifest Destiny was an antiquated notion and invading and occupying for profit out of the question.

WHAT jobs? The menial labor they currently do? Remember, when you make them legal, they get minimum wage and have to pay taxes; which, puts them at the poverty level. Not to mention as a resource (cheap labor), they are no longer a commodity.

Monkeybone
08-21-2007, 01:30 PM
this is one of those good and bad ideas.

you know how many police we would have to hire for all the gnag and drug activity down there? heck they would even have to use our military probably to quell som of it. so yah it would cost us alot to try and bring them up to our standards.

but in the long run, it could work. i thin kwe should try to get parts of Canada while we are at it.

OCA
08-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I say as a veteran that the mere presence of ILLEGALS OF EVERY RACE offend me and need to be dealt with by any means necessary if they riot SHOOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! SEAL THE BORDERS. then deal with the ones already here. By violent or non violent means i dont care how they are dealt with. JUST DEAL WITH THEM!!!

Notice this post got ignored? Wanna know why? Because its completely assinine and foolish.

HEIL HITLER!

typomaniac
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Really now? At the time, we didn't know Mexico had more oil, if it actually does, and we were not dependent on foreign sources for oil. Neither were we aware there was a limit to our precious metals resources.

By the time we realized either, Manifest Destiny was an antiquated notion and invading and occupying for profit out of the question.
Well, it's obviously not today! :laugh2: Problem solved.

waterrescuedude2000
08-21-2007, 09:59 PM
TO ALL ILLEGALS Bullets.....

OCA
08-21-2007, 10:03 PM

DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES!

NO JUDEN!

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Natural resources and real estate! I mean the US is as big as it is now because of the idea of "Manifest Destiny." Annexing Mexico would just be continuing that original idea.

What resources? Their water? :laugh2:

manu1959
08-21-2007, 10:08 PM

cheap labour......

actsnoblemartin
08-22-2007, 03:12 AM
Mexico is the biggest turd on the planet.

08-22-2007, 04:17 AM

You know, I cant help but notice your solution is genocide and you are comparing Hillary to Hitler. Not that i disagree with that assumption. I am just wondering if you are really that much different. And I dont mean it offensively. i just think there are better ways to solve problems than wide spread mass murder.

waterrescuedude2000
08-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Let me explain my view on this. I believe there is only 3 ways of getting rid of illegals.

#1) Take away all of their jobs. That would be number 1. I mean a little living in wherever they came from would be better than no living at all....
#2) Let them work in our country but tax them 90 percent and lower the citizens taxes. Let them pay for us for a change!!!!
#3) If we seal the border and start shooting them I bet it wouldn't take many to figure out they aren't gonna make it across alive if they come illegally.
So just seal the border and start shooting the illegals that are here they will soon realize they are not wanted here and will soon leave post haste!!!!!! It wouldn't be many of them just enough to realize that we have cracked down and will not tolerate them here illegally. I bet they will even take their own dumb asses back to where they came from and wouldn't cost the government any money to deport their stupid asses.

OCA
08-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Let me explain my view on this. I believe there is only 3 ways of getting rid of illegals.

#3) If we seal the border and start shooting them I bet it wouldn't take many to figure out they aren't gonna make it across alive if they come illegally.
So just seal the border and start shooting the illegals that are here they will soon realize they are not wanted here and will soon leave post haste!!!!!! It wouldn't be many of them just enough to realize that we have cracked down and will not tolerate them here illegally. I bet they will even take their own dumb asses back to where they came from and wouldn't cost the government any money to deport their stupid asses.

YES DER FEUHRER! SIEG HEIL!

Where do I buy my jackboots?

LMFAO! He says he's not for genocide but in the same post advocates shooting ilegals on sight, where does this board get the uneducated like this?

typomaniac
08-24-2007, 05:25 PM
If it's a question of shooting JUST the people who try to cross our borders illegally, hell: plenty of countries do that. Including Israel. Not that this has anything to do with annexation, though.

OCA
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM

Their stronger work ethic.

typomaniac
08-25-2007, 01:42 PM
You speak more truth than you know. :laugh:

See post 42 if you and NM want an actual answer to the question.

waterrescuedude2000
08-25-2007, 05:01 PM
YES DER FEUHRER! SIEG HEIL!

Where do I buy my jackboots?

LMFAO! He says he's not for genocide but in the same post advocates shooting ilegals on sight, where does this board get the uneducated like this?

I am not for Genocide.... Did i say mass extermination or kill everyone of a particular race????? NO What I am saying is you wouldnt have to shoot a lot of them just enough for them to get the hint and just cause they get shot it doesnmt mean they will all die. Shoot for the legs or arms or even better their genitals so they will stop reproducing in our country NO MORE ANCHOR BABIES!!!!

OCA
08-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I am not for Genocide.... Did i say mass extermination or kill everyone of a particular race????? NO What I am saying is you wouldnt have to shoot a lot of them just enough for them to get the hint and just cause they get shot it doesnmt mean they will all die. Shoot for the legs or arms or even better their genitals so they will stop reproducing in our country NO MORE ANCHOR BABIES!!!!

You realize you are anti-American right?

SIEG HEIL!

waterrescuedude2000
08-25-2007, 05:14 PM
You realize you are anti-American right?

SIEG HEIL!

I realize america is a "melting pot" as a lot of people call it and this nation was founded and has always had immigration.. I have no problems with that. My best friend immigrated here from Ukraine as a kid. But he is a citizen he works pays taxes speaks ENGLISH and his native language as well he is also a law abiding upstanding citizen. I have no problems with immigration if it is done LEGALLY!!!!!!!! So if you consider me "anti-american" Then thats your opinion and I dont hold your opinion very highly anyways.... Opinions are like assholes everyone has one!!!

OCA
08-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I realize america is a "melting pot" as a lot of people call it and this nation was founded and has always had immigration.. I have no problems with that. My best friend immigrated here from Ukraine as a kid. But he is a citizen he works pays taxes speaks ENGLISH and his native language as well he is also a law abiding upstanding citizen. I have no problems with immigration if it is done LEGALLY!!!!!!!! So if you consider me "anti-american" Then thats your opinion and I dont hold your opinion very highly anyways.... Opinions are like assholes everyone has one!!!

No, its your solution to illegal immigration, its so vile and disgusting as to remind one of Stalin era Soviet Union.

If I could I would have the FBI monitor all movement and communication by you onm the grounds og being an enemy of the constitution.

My America does not need you, you are a drain on it.

waterrescuedude2000
08-25-2007, 05:19 PM
No, its your solution to illegal immigration, its so vile and disgusting as to remind one of Stalin era Soviet Union.

If I could I would have the FBI monitor all movement and communication by you onm the grounds og being an enemy of the constitution.

I am the one who defended YOUR AMERICA you fucking fag

waterrescuedude2000
08-25-2007, 05:22 PM

I have also said that I am tired of illegals and that they need to be dealt with by violent or non-violent measures I could give a hit less how as long as they are stopped. There are legal ways to do things and if they break the laws they are criminals and should be dealt with by any means necessary. now as far as your little FBI thing goes go for it I am a law abiding citizen and have done nothing wrong. Just cause thats my opinion doesnt mean I am out there shooting people.

OCA
08-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I have also said that I am tired of illegals and that they need to be dealt with by violent or non-violent measures I could give a hit less how as long as they are stopped. There are legal ways to do things and if they break the laws they are criminals and should be dealt with by any means necessary. now as far as your little FBI thing goes go for it I am a law abiding citizen and have done nothing wrong. Just cause thats my opinion doesnt mean I am out there shooting people.

Sure, you've done nothing wrong, well except to have avoided getting an education obviously.

Do you cheat the welfare system to like your bud Nevada?

Can you outwork an illegal? Would you go apply for the jobs they hold? No on both accounts.

waterrescuedude2000
08-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Sure, you've done nothing wrong, well except to have avoided getting an education obviously.

Do you cheat the welfare system to like your bud Nevada?

Can you outwork an illegal? Would you go apply for the jobs they hold? No on both accounts.

The last two i wont deny i wouldnt do their work thats what homeless are for.... No i am on no form of wellfare whatsoever and also yes i did graduate high school and both of my parents are educators.

OCA
08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
The last two i wont deny i wouldnt do their work thats what homeless are for.... No i am on no form of wellfare whatsoever and also yes i did graduate high school and both of my parents are educators.

Homeless? The America you support pays them to be homeless, why the fuck would they work?

We have people here like NM who take welfare even though they are pefectly capable of working and then you have illegals who all they want to do is work.

I say expel welfare types like NM and keep working illegals and make them citizens.

waterrescuedude2000
08-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Well then what good is a homeless person in our country???? The only ones who deserve help are the military veterans all the rest of them I say dont deserve shit. Make them work!! I used to take the bus to work and saw mentally challenged people every day taking the bus to work if a mentally challenged person and people in a wheel chair can work then the homeless can work too i am out of here until tommorow