PDA

View Full Version : Clock and daylight savings

jimnyc
03-13-2018, 02:35 PM
If you are seeing the wrong time, go into your settings, then general settings, then change the Daylight savings options until you see the right time!

Gunny
03-13-2018, 05:51 PM
If you are seeing the wrong time, go into your settings, then general settings, then change the Daylight savings options until you see the right time!Mine's been right for 2 days now ... :)

Kathianne
03-13-2018, 08:17 PM
AZ doesn't observe DST. :( Right now it gets dark around 7, a little before. It's great when I call home in the morning, anytime after 5am here, is 7 there. ;) (early riser, most of family is not!). Not so great in the evening, when I think of calling at 7, it's 9 there. With Derek it's fine, the other two have kids.

Gunny
03-13-2018, 08:40 PM
AZ doesn't observe DST. :( Right now it gets dark around 7, a little before. It's great when I call home in the morning, anytime after 5am here, is 7 there. ;) (early riser, most of family is not!). Not so great in the evening, when I think of calling at 7, it's 9 there. With Derek it's fine, the other two have kids.Mine was just wrong for 6 months. I wondered why that was ....:laugh:

(you can tell I cared too)

jimnyc
03-14-2018, 09:51 AM
I was apparently somewhere over Canada heading towards Chicago when DST kicked in. So the time difference already screwed me up. The itinerary said I was leaving Alaska at 9:10pm and arriving in Chicago at 7:10am. But I knew this flight wasn't no 10 hour flight, so it had to not have taken the time difference, which was 3 hours. So I really arrived at 4:10am. But DST kicked in, so now it was 6:10am?? I scratched my head for a tad, but thankfully my nice little phone did it all for my dumb self! :)

Gunny
03-14-2018, 02:09 PM
I was apparently somewhere over Canada heading towards Chicago when DST kicked in. So the time difference already screwed me up. The itinerary said I was leaving Alaska at 9:10pm and arriving in Chicago at 7:10am. But I knew this flight wasn't no 10 hour flight, so it had to not have taken the time difference, which was 3 hours. So I really arrived at 4:10am. But DST kicked in, so now it was 6:10am?? I scratched my head for a tad, but thankfully my nice little phone did it all for my dumb self! :)If you fly from Tokyo to LAX, you will be in the air 12 hours and arrive 1 hour before you left. :)

Going, you leave LA Sat afternoon and get to Okinawa Monday around noon.