PDA

View Full Version : Here Are 8 Stubborn Facts on Gun Violence in America

High_Plains_Drifter
03-15-2018, 05:14 PM
1) Violent crime is down and has been on the decline for decades.

2) The principal public safety concerns with respect to guns are suicides and illegally owned handguns, not mass shootings.

3) A small number of factors significantly increase the likelihood that a person will be a victim of a gun-related homicide.

4) Gun-related murders are carried out by a predictable pool of people.

5) Higher rates of gun ownership are not associated with higher rates of violent crime.

6) There is no clear relationship between strict gun control legislation and homicide or violent crime rates.

7) Legally owned firearms are used for lawful purposes much more often than they are used to commit crimes or suicide.

8) Concealed carry permit holders are not the problem, but they may be part of the solution.

Read the facts behind each point here...

http://dailysignal.com/2018/03/14/here-are-8-stubborn-facts-on-gun-violence-in-america/

High_Plains_Drifter
03-15-2018, 05:32 PM
I'm going to start mentioning by URL this board in some of my posts on twitter now... if that's OK.

I have 150 followers and it's growing each week.

There are many, MANY good conservatives on there... I hope I can attract a few. Might attract the other side too though.

Little pete might get some company.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-15-2018, 05:56 PM
I have 150 followers and it's growing each week.
Make that 151...

https://image.ibb.co/fyEp5H/wyatt.jpg

Gunny
03-15-2018, 06:48 PM
My gun wanted to go out partying last night and shoot up a few places but I told it no and scolded it ....:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-15-2018, 07:41 PM
My gun wanted to go out partying last night and shoot up a few places but I told it no and scolded it ....:laugh:
I'll bet that damn thing has been a sassy little shit always talking back to you too... like a millenial.

Gunny
03-15-2018, 08:06 PM
I'll bet that damn thing has been a sassy little shit always talking back to you too... like a millenial.Yeah. I don't know what it is with that thing. An inanimate object, Just gets up of its own accord and goes out and shoots people.

I'm thinking of having it outlawed :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-15-2018, 09:24 PM
Yeah. I don't know what it is with that thing. An inanimate object, Just gets up of its own accord and goes out and shoots people.

I'm thinking of having it outlawed :laugh:
Don't worry, man... little pete and his cohorts are already on it.

Don't tell anyone though... keep it to yourself... or someone might get the crazy idea that a gun can't kill someone unless a nut case is using the gun. Then they might have to admit that it isn't the gun, it's the person. That'll screw up their whole gun confiscation game.

Gunny
03-15-2018, 09:56 PM
Don't worry, man... little pete and his cohorts are already on it.

Don't tell anyone though... keep it to yourself... or someone might get the crazy idea that a gun can't kill someone unless a nut case is using the gun. Then they might have to admit that it isn't the gun, it's the person. That'll screw up their whole gun confiscation game.I live in Texas. My gun has LOTS of little Hispanic gun buddies about 2 hours drive south that are neither manufactured nor registered in the US. They can't even stop illegal humans and tons of dope from coming across. They'll just be opening another lucrative market for our southern neighbors.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-15-2018, 10:18 PM
I live in Texas. My gun has LOTS of little Hispanic gun buddies about 2 hours drive south that are neither manufactured nor registered in the US. They can't even stop illegal humans and tons of dope from coming across. They'll just be opening another lucrative market for our southern neighbors.
A nice big WALL on the way... just might put a dent in that.

Should we send little pete down there to test it... see if he can scale it?

Gunny
03-15-2018, 10:31 PM
A nice big WALL on the way... just might put a dent in that.

Should we send little pete down there to test it... see if he can scale it?That wall isn't going to do a damned thing to that tunnel system they got. Hogan from Hogan's Heroes would be envious.

At any rate, the guns and dope comes across on the road. Thank you NAFTA. The smugglers suck up whatever they lose as the price of doing business because they make plenty to cover it. The wall is to stop the bodies.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-15-2018, 11:12 PM
That wall isn't going to do a damned thing to that tunnel system they got. Hogan from Hogan's Heroes would be envious.

At any rate, the guns and dope comes across on the road. Thank you NAFTA. The smugglers suck up whatever they lose as the price of doing business because they make plenty to cover it. The wall is to stop the bodies.
Well... I'll tell ya what, Gunny... after that wall is built the border patrol will have a lot more time on their hands to look for tunnels.

Eliminate one obstacle and you can devote a lot more time to another. I'm sure the tunnels will stick out like sore thumbs after they can't just waltz across the border anymore.

Gunny
03-16-2018, 05:44 PM
Well... I'll tell ya what, Gunny... after that wall is built the border patrol will have a lot more time on their hands to look for tunnels.

Eliminate one obstacle and you can devote a lot more time to another. I'm sure the tunnels will stick out like sore thumbs after they can't just waltz across the border anymore.Pointless argument. The wall may slow things down. It's not going to stop them. I've lived on the border one place or another most of my life and watched this go on for most of it. They'll find another way in. They always do. They're like ants.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-17-2018, 07:52 AM
Pointless argument. The wall may slow things down. It's not going to stop them. I've lived on the border one place or another most of my life and watched this go on for most of it. They'll find another way in. They always do. They're like ants.
If the wall slows things down, then it's doing it's job.

I lived in AZ too, been to Mexico, drove semi all along the southern border from San Diego to El Paso, I've seen where they can just walk into America at will like they do on ranches in TX.

Obviously the wall is going to have a huge impact, and the only way to know how big is build it.

Let them tunnel then. I'm sure we'll learn new ways to detect and stop them too. One thing at a time.

Elessar
03-17-2018, 11:13 AM
If the wall slows things down, then it's doing it's job.

I lived in AZ too, been to Mexico, drove semi all along the southern border from San Diego to El Paso, I've seen where they can just walk into America at will like they do on ranches in TX.

Obviously the wall is going to have a huge impact, and the only way to know how big is build it.

Let them tunnel then. I'm sure we'll learn new ways to detect and stop them too. One thing at a time.

Here is a link to one possibility, with several sublinks - Ground Penetrating Radar:

https://www.nationalgpr.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoMrml9_z2QIVR5N-Ch1I8QT9EAAYASAAEgLn3vD_BwE

High_Plains_Drifter
03-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Here is a link to one possibility, with several sublinks - Ground Penetrating Radar:

https://www.nationalgpr.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoMrml9_z2QIVR5N-Ch1I8QT9EAAYASAAEgLn3vD_BwE
Or even from the air using LiDAR...

https://www.3dlasermapping.com/what-is-lidar-and-how-does-it-work/

Besides the wall, technology is going to be our next best friend.

Gunny
03-17-2018, 08:16 PM
I was watching a show earlier, attempting to calculate how much money was being wasted in man hours and materiel to catch .... wait for it .... prostitutes. :rolleyes:

I counted 3-5 cops per prostitute and 2-3 vehicles. That isn't counting transportation time and processing, court costs, cost of incarceration, meals, etc

Now if you take those same 3-5 cops and have them rounding up illegals, and you can cram 4 illegals into a squad car ... probably 20 to a paddy wagon, and run them straight over to ICE so it only costs you transportation time and signing over a bunch of Juan Doe's ...

Wouldn't that be a better use of taxpayer dollars than busting people getting laid?

High_Plains_Drifter
03-18-2018, 08:45 AM
I was watching a show earlier, attempting to calculate how much money was being wasted in man hours and materiel to catch .... wait for it .... prostitutes. :rolleyes:

I counted 3-5 cops per prostitute and 2-3 vehicles. That isn't counting transportation time and processing, court costs, cost of incarceration, meals, etc

Now if you take those same 3-5 cops and have them rounding up illegals, and you can cram 4 illegals into a squad car ... probably 20 to a paddy wagon, and run them straight over to ICE so it only costs you transportation time and signing over a bunch of Juan Doe's ...

Wouldn't that be a better use of taxpayer dollars than busting people getting laid?
I think prostitution should be legal. If a woman wants to give it away for a fee, or a man, and another person is willing to pay for it, and it's a mutual agreement, then what in the hell is wrong with that? It's legal in NV and you never hear about any problems with it.

ITA it's a waste of damn time and money to go around busting a street walker here and there, what a joke.