PDA

View Full Version : I Know There's Others Here That Have AMAZON PRIME...

High_Plains_Drifter
03-21-2018, 06:08 PM
... and with Prime you get Prime Video. I don't think they have very many good movies, but they do have some UHD 4K stuff, and they're like a tv series that have been produced solely for Amazon Prime called Prime Originals, and I'll tell ya, there's two shows, so far, that I have thoroughly enjoyed on there, one being 'The Marvelous Mrs Maisel,' and the other is 'The Last Tycoon.' They only have season one so far and I can't hardly turn them off. I watched five episodes of The Last Tycoon last night and was up 'til after one in the morning. My TV has a built-in Amazon app so all I have to do is sign in and bingo, awesome 4K TV WITHOUT COMMERCIALS... that's the BEST part.

Anyone else with Prime watch any of the Prime Originals?

Kathianne
03-21-2018, 06:19 PM
... and with Prime you get Prime Video. I don't think they have very many good movies, but they do have some UHD 4K stuff, and they're like a tv series that have been produced solely for Amazon Prime called Prime Originals, and I'll tell ya, there's two shows, so far, that I have thoroughly enjoyed on there, one being 'The Marvelous Mrs Maisel,' and the other is 'The Last Tycoon.' They only have season one so far and I can't hardly turn them off. I watched five episodes of The Last Tycoon last night and was up 'til after one in the morning. My TV has a built-in Amazon app so all I have to do is sign in and bingo, awesome 4K TV WITHOUT COMMERCIALS... that's the BEST part.

Anyone else with Prime watch any of the Prime Originals?

I love The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel! Right now I'm using the association's wifi, so no movies. When I get my own, back to Amazon.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-21-2018, 06:26 PM
I love The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel! Right now I'm using the association's wifi, so no movies. When I get my own, back to Amazon.
I watched all of that. I wish they'd hurry up and come out with Season II.

Check out The Last Tycoon, pretty addicting as well.

Kathianne
03-21-2018, 06:42 PM
I watched all of that. I wish they'd hurry up and come out with Season II.

Check out The Last Tycoon, pretty addicting as well.

I will, when I get decent wifi. ;)

NightTrain
03-21-2018, 07:59 PM
I stream everything at my house, using Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix. With Amazon I subscribe to HBO when Game of Thrones is running, then I turn it back off because they're a bunch of liberal commies.

Sometimes we'll subscribe to Starz & Cinemax too, if they've got some good movies I want to watch.

And yeah, no commercials is what I'm all about. I friggin loathe commercials.

darin
03-22-2018, 01:33 AM
I have it an enjoy it, although I get most of my TV-watching through Kodi on my firestick.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2018, 09:46 AM
I stream everything at my house, using Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix. With Amazon I subscribe to HBO when Game of Thrones is running, then I turn it back off because they're a bunch of liberal commies.

Sometimes we'll subscribe to Starz & Cinemax too, if they've got some good movies I want to watch.

And yeah, no commercials is what I'm all about. I friggin loathe commercials.

My LG TV and my Mediacom cable TV Tivo box both have a HULU app. I looked at it last night when on the TV when I was going to Prime Video and see they have the first month free. I think I'll check check it out for a month. I hear HULU has movies in 4K.

But I watched the rest of Season one of The Last Tycoon on Prime and maaaaan... talk about a cliff hanger... now I have to wait for season two of both that and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel. Both those are written around the 20's and 30's, and for some reason I really enjoy watching anything set in that period. I might have to ask Amazon when season two of those shows is coming. Awesome TV, and yes, COMMERCIAL FREE... which is beyond cool. I hate commercials with a passion. I mute, pause them, whatever just so I can get through them without having to look or listen to them.

NightTrain
03-22-2018, 07:56 PM
My LG TV and my Mediacom cable TV Tivo box both have a HULU app. I looked at it last night when on the TV when I was going to Prime Video and see they have the first month free. I think I'll check check it out for a month. I hear HULU has movies in 4K.

But I watched the rest of Season one of The Last Tycoon on Prime and maaaaan... talk about a cliff hanger... now I have to wait for season two of both that and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel. Both those are written around the 20's and 30's, and for some reason I really enjoy watching anything set in that period. I might have to ask Amazon when season two of those shows is coming. Awesome TV, and yes, COMMERCIAL FREE... which is beyond cool. I hate commercials with a passion. I mute, pause them, whatever just so I can get through them without having to look or listen to them.

Hulu has commercials, unless you opt to pay $2 more per month and then you're commercial free.

Kathianne
03-23-2018, 04:18 AM

I've not seen The Last Tycoon, but adverts look quite Fitzgerald, so likely the 20's. Mrs. Maisel is definitely the 50's, look at clothes, kitchens, and cars.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:20 AM
To the folks with Amazon Prime:

I have it as well - WHERE do I find these flicks at? How many do they offer? Addition in pricing to prime members?

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 09:22 AM
To the folks with Amazon Prime:

I have it as well - WHERE do I find these flicks at? How many do they offer? Addition in pricing to prime members?
Included with prime. I can access them through my bluray player (Netflix too)which is good as my tv is from 2005.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:25 AM
Included with prime. I can access them through my bluray player (Netflix too)which is good as my tv is from 2005.

Ok, so I do have a bluray that allows me to find Hulu, Netflix and all the other jazz, will look later.

Anyway to watch or find them from a regular computer?

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Ok, so I do have a bluray that allows me to find Hulu, Netflix and all the other jazz, will look later.

Anyway to watch or find them from a regular computer?
never tried on computer. You can download the app to tablet or smart phone(which I have done). Otherwise try doing a search on Amazon for "Amazon prime video"

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:33 AM
never tried on computer. You can download the app to tablet or smart phone(which I have done). Otherwise try doing a search on Amazon for "Amazon prime video"

Sweet, downloading "Amazon Prime Video" for my phone right now.

I'm also on their site, searched the same on video, and I just clicked on "Jack Reacher: Never go back". The sound and quality are great!!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 12:08 PM
Sweet, downloading "Amazon Prime Video" for my phone right now.

I'm also on their site, searched the same on video, and I just clicked on "Jack Reacher: Never go back". The sound and quality are great!!
My LG TV has an Amazon app, so all I have to do is click on that and sign in, all Prime Video is right there, and the picture and sound is amazing. These shows I've been railing about are in 4K and Dobly Digital 5.1 surround, and NO COMMERCIALS. Good Lord that's one of the best parts. But it's all included with your Prime membership. Check out the "Prime Originals," but don't watch 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' or you'll be ADDICTED... :laugh:

I just went to my Amazon Prime account on my laptop, and then clicked on Prime and there it all is, all the same video stuff I watch on the TV app.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Son of a BITCH... this SUCKS HORSE JUNK... http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-last-tycoon-canceled-amazon-1202552964/

Well at least this is some good news... https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a15062448/marvelous-mrs-maisel-season-two-news-date-cast-spoilers/