PDA

View Full Version : New reading glasses

jimnyc
03-22-2018, 10:39 AM
I left one pair for Joe in Alaska. I bought a new pair in the airport for $21. I have a pair in my truck, and one by the TV remote and a few upstairs. And weirdly, I can still never get the perfect pair. Seems like my eyes change daily! I can never get just the right size for sitting at the computer.

I saw this online somewhere and of course have to try them out. If they work as advertised, then the price tag will be WELL worth it. But if they don't work, then I done got robbed. :)

These glasses have a small dial on each side, so you can adjust your reading glasses from .50 - 4.00 for the near blind!

I think both my eyes are the same, but cool to see that you can adjust them independently. I think I normally use 1.50, but sometimes 1.75, and if sitting at my desk and need to repair something and having trouble, I'll sometimes put on my 2.0. which are like using a small pair of magnifying glasses. :)

I got the stainless steel pair, "gunmetal". Probably not the greatest looking things on earth, but I couldn't care less. My goal is being able to see at all reading distances, and not having to own 35 pairs.

https://www.eyejusters.com/buy/buy.php?p=P2C1501GN

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2018, 12:15 PM
I have a pair I bought at WalMart of all places. I had no idea how much they would help until I got them.

Gunny
03-22-2018, 01:26 PM
I left one pair for Joe in Alaska. I bought a new pair in the airport for $21. I have a pair in my truck, and one by the TV remote and a few upstairs. And weirdly, I can still never get the perfect pair. Seems like my eyes change daily! I can never get just the right size for sitting at the computer.

I saw this online somewhere and of course have to try them out. If they work as advertised, then the price tag will be WELL worth it. But if they don't work, then I done got robbed. :)

These glasses have a small dial on each side, so you can adjust your reading glasses from .50 - 4.00 for the near blind!

I think both my eyes are the same, but cool to see that you can adjust them independently. I think I normally use 1.50, but sometimes 1.75, and if sitting at my desk and need to repair something and having trouble, I'll sometimes put on my 2.0. which are like using a small pair of magnifying glasses. :)

I got the stainless steel pair, "gunmetal". Probably not the greatest looking things on earth, but I couldn't care less. My goal is being able to see at all reading distances, and not having to own 35 pairs.

https://www.eyejusters.com/buy/buy.php?p=P2C1501GN
Jimbob's getting old ! :lmao:

Go get your eyes checked, Einstein. Not doing so and pretending you can just get by on WalMart reading glasses only lasts so long. "If I pretend I don't see it (cuz you CAN'T :slap:) it isn't happening." THEN you just have to cave in to the truth :laugh:

Seriously. I just bit the bullet and sucked up having to wear prescription gasses to read. WAY better than 30 pair of WalMart "specials" (yes, I DID have them all over the house :) ).

LongTermGuy
03-22-2018, 03:19 PM
I have "pairs" for different occasions ....Have about 15 total (2 of each) **Magnification> From: 2:00 to 2:25...2:50`s...and a couple of 3:25`s For just in case.....

Jimmy says...."Seems like my eyes change daily!"

Well Jimmy they do...each day is different and each day your eye`s go through different stress...(like staying on the computer to long and reading) is one way....

*I did a lot of research and found some interesting info and decided to give it a try.:cool:

Beets!!!....I always hated to eat them but man..Now I juice the hell out of them along with celery... cucumber and carrots! (Perfect cocktail)!!! sweet tasting...Hella good for YOU!

https://healthimpactnews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/05/beetroot20091121.jpg

I have an old "Champion" Juicer I have had for over...20 years and works like a charm!

"According to Wikipedia ancient Romans used beetroot as a treatment for fevers and constipation. Hippocrates - the father of medicine - advocated the use of beet leaves as binding for wounds.

From the Middle Ages, beetroot was used as a treatment for a variety of conditions, especially illnesses relating to digestion and the blood.

Beet juice benefits are very powerful. You only need a little bit of juice to get the benefits. Slowly increase the amount from 1 ounce to 2 ounce a week.>>> ( I Drink 3 times that)

"Eating beets won’t give you the same quantity of nitrates, because ***cooking hampers some of the nitrates, but it certainly is good for your health, says Marjorie Nolan, RD.

If you start drinking beet juice, you should know that it may make your urine and stools look reddish. That's normal."

***Jimmy...Pay attention here.
Reverses Chronic Diseases

The raw oxalic acid in beet juice is known to be a good solvent of inorganic (= bad) calcium deposits in the body.

World no 1 raw food teacher David Wolfe suspects that inorganic calcium deposits are the main cause of most chronic diseases. This may explain why beet juice relieves many cases of disease related to calcification in the body, like:

arthritis
heart disease
cancer
kidney stones
eye problems *****
varicose veins
arteriosclerosis

http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/benefits-of-beet-juice.html

Now...To my Point I have been juicing (Drinking) this mixture twice a week (Month and a half now)....I did it for my eyes mostly but enjoying other benefits I am getting....Like more energy...slight numbness tingeling in feet GONE! ...My eyes..I caint explain it..they are getting better..sharper..Example: I go to my kitchen at night to the Fridge and look at the green LED light to see the time with my glasses on...without glasses it was just a Blur...NOW...without my glasses I can make out the time easily!!

Though oft associated with enhancing sexual performance in men, Dr. Kondrot said his interest in nitric oxide pertains to its ability to strengthen corneal endothelial cells. “When it >> comes to eye disease, one of the biggest problems is vascular dysfunction, and anything we can do to improve the endothelium is good for the eyes.” <<<<

Beets Are So Healthy That Even Pharmaceutical Giants Want To Harness Their Antioxidant Potential

https://healthimpactnews.com/2014/beets-are-so-healthy-that-even-pharmaceutical-giants-want-to-harness-their-antioxidant-potential/

OK Jimmy..this is how I do it..exactly! (The Champion juicer is indestructible)

Nowadays they are very expensive but one can get other Juicers at Walmart for much less...

*Give it a try...for at least 2 weeks...and I promise you will thank me later...:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxC9IjnEK0

LongTermGuy
03-22-2018, 03:45 PM
One more....Cheaper juicer but it works...Listen to what he (This guy) says about the beets and the guys he makes the beet juice for ...

"Allen Lim shows us how he makes fresh Beet Juice in the Skratch Labs mobile kitchen everyday for the Omega Pharma-Quickstep riders during the Tour of California."

"You have to be very careful with beet juice because it is so powerful. You `always have to combine it with something` and you should sip it slowly because it goes straight to your blood stream and can overwhelm your system."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uCXeDFUSxk

Gunny
03-22-2018, 04:55 PM
I have "pairs" for different occasions ....Have about 15 total (2 of each) **Magnification> From: 2:00 to 2:25...2:50`s...and a couple of 3:25`s For just in case.....

Jimmy says...."Seems like my eyes change daily!"

Well Jimmy they do...each day is different and each day your eye`s go through different stress...(like staying on the computer to long and reading) is one way....

*I did a lot of research and found some interesting info and decided to give it a try.:cool:

Beets!!!....I always hated to eat them but man..Now I juice the hell out of them along with celery... cucumber and carrots! (Perfect cocktail)!!! sweet tasting...Hella good for YOU!

https://healthimpactnews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/05/beetroot20091121.jpg

I have an old "Champion" Juicer I have had for over...20 years and works like a charm!

"According to Wikipedia ancient Romans used beetroot as a treatment for fevers and constipation. Hippocrates - the father of medicine - advocated the use of beet leaves as binding for wounds.

From the Middle Ages, beetroot was used as a treatment for a variety of conditions, especially illnesses relating to digestion and the blood.

Beet juice benefits are very powerful. You only need a little bit of juice to get the benefits. Slowly increase the amount from 1 ounce to 2 ounce a week.>>> ( I Drink 3 times that)

"Eating beets won’t give you the same quantity of nitrates, because ***cooking hampers some of the nitrates, but it certainly is good for your health, says Marjorie Nolan, RD.

If you start drinking beet juice, you should know that it may make your urine and stools look reddish. That's normal."

***Jimmy...Pay attention here.
Reverses Chronic Diseases

The raw oxalic acid in beet juice is known to be a good solvent of inorganic (= bad) calcium deposits in the body.

World no 1 raw food teacher David Wolfe suspects that inorganic calcium deposits are the main cause of most chronic diseases. This may explain why beet juice relieves many cases of disease related to calcification in the body, like:

arthritis
heart disease
cancer
kidney stones
eye problems *****
varicose veins
arteriosclerosis

http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/benefits-of-beet-juice.html

Now...To my Point I have been juicing (Drinking) this mixture twice a week (Month and a half now)....I did it for my eyes mostly but enjoying other benefits I am getting....Like more energy...slight numbness tingeling in feet GONE! ...My eyes..I caint explain it..they are getting better..sharper..Example: I go to my kitchen at night to the Fridge and look at the green LED light to see the time with my glasses on...without glasses it was just a Blur...NOW...without my glasses I can make out the time easily!!

Though oft associated with enhancing sexual performance in men, Dr. Kondrot said his interest in nitric oxide pertains to its ability to strengthen corneal endothelial cells. “When it >> comes to eye disease, one of the biggest problems is vascular dysfunction, and anything we can do to improve the endothelium is good for the eyes.” <<<<

Beets Are So Healthy That Even Pharmaceutical Giants Want To Harness Their Antioxidant Potential

https://healthimpactnews.com/2014/beets-are-so-healthy-that-even-pharmaceutical-giants-want-to-harness-their-antioxidant-potential/

OK Jimmy..this is how I do it..exactly! (The Champion juicer is indestructible)

Nowadays they are very expensive but one can get other Juicers at Walmart for much less...

*Give it a try...for at least 2 weeks...and I promise you will thank me later...:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxC9IjnEK0Or ... you could just quit drinking :laugh:

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:30 AM
Jimbob's getting old ! :lmao:

Go get your eyes checked, Einstein. Not doing so and pretending you can just get by on WalMart reading glasses only lasts so long. "If I pretend I don't see it (cuz you CAN'T :slap:) it isn't happening." THEN you just have to cave in to the truth :laugh:

Seriously. I just bit the bullet and sucked up having to wear prescription gasses to read. WAY better than 30 pair of WalMart "specials" (yes, I DID have them all over the house :) ).

Not old yet damnit! Not 50 until July!

I do own both a pair of regular glasses, and prescription reading glasses. The reading glasses are great, but only for certain distances. I have just a tad of issue seeing my computer, the screen is like 2.5 feet away. So I need a little less of a prescription. But 90% of things I read they are just fine.

LongTermGuy
03-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Not old yet damnit! Not 50 until July!

I do own both a pair of regular glasses, and prescription reading glasses. The reading glasses are great, but only for certain distances. I have just a tad of issue seeing my computer, the screen is like 2.5 feet away. So I need a little less of a prescription. But 90% of things I read they are just fine.

Old is in the mind of the beholder....(One is old as they feel) and taking no action to correct any issues..Just complaining:laugh:....Drink the Damn juice cocktail I posted above...and your eyes will improve....!!!

Im serious....go get a juicer...then go to a high-end grocery store and get some nice beets...carrots....apples...celery and cucumber...juice and drink 12oz a day (for two weeks)....:cool: