PDA

View Full Version : This May Not Be The Most Exciting Topic But...

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2018, 03:07 PM
... I finally got my new fridge delivered today, and when you've had the old, shitty little sagging wire rack POS for as long as I have, this is monumental. I'm so happy I could fart rainbows... lol. Found the price of refrigerators to be staggering though when I was looking at them, and all the doors and water and ice in the door and bluetooth with display screens in the doors... c'moooon... I just want a nice fridge. Decided on this Whirlpool, it got excellent reviews and is all I need. It's got plenty of room, bottom freezer and stainless steel finish... perfect... couldn't be happier... Christmas came to my place in March... ;)

https://image.ibb.co/c5Q9Hx/20180322_143759.jpg

aboutime
03-22-2018, 04:41 PM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1228/1413812763_e1394cc625_z.jpg?zz=1

Gunny
03-22-2018, 04:44 PM
... I finally got my new fridge delivered today, and when you've had the old, shitty little sagging wire rack POS for as long as I have, this is monumental. I'm so happy I could fart rainbows... lol. Found the price of refrigerators to be staggering though when I was looking at them, and all the doors and water and ice in the door and bluetooth with display screens in the doors... c'moooon... I just want a nice fridge. Decided on this Whirlpool, it got excellent reviews and is all I need. It's got plenty of room, bottom freezer and stainless steel finish... perfect... couldn't be happier... Christmas came to my place in March... ;)

Hear ya, bro. That's how I feel about my damned phone :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2018, 08:02 PM
Hear ya, bro. That's how I feel about my damned phone :laugh:
Man I know that, brother, my little old S5's battery is crapping out on me. I have to charged the damn thing like twice a day now. I see the new S9's. Might be time to go the Verizon store and bite the bullet and get a new phone.

Gunny
03-22-2018, 08:12 PM
Man I know that, brother, my little old S5's battery is crapping out on me. I have to charged the damn thing like twice a day now. I see the new S9's. Might be time to go the Verizon store and bite the bullet and get a new phone.Mine's free or I'd still have a flip. My daughter got some deal where she came up with an extra phone so I got it. I use it for a phone. Oh yeah, I got all "techy" and got my daughter to put the weather channel on it so I can check the weather :laugh:
I don't know sh*t about the damned thing.

Inconvenient as Hell. You tell people, "no, I don't do that. Here's my #. Call me." They act like I'm from Mars :laugh2:

Honestly I could probably learn how, but see no reason to. I use ot to call the bank and check my account :)

Black Diamond
03-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Mine's free or I'd still have a flip. My daughter got some deal where she came up with an extra phone so I got it. I use it for a phone. Oh yeah, I got all "techy" and got my daughter to put the weather channel on it so I can check the weather :laugh:
I don't know sh*t about the damned thing.

Inconvenient as Hell. You tell people, "no, I don't do that. Here's my #. Call me." They act like I'm from Mars :laugh2:

Honestly I could probably learn how, but see no reason to. I use ot to call the bank and check my account :)
Jitter bug?

Black Diamond
03-22-2018, 08:28 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11318&stc=1http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11318&stc=1
This is my wife's phone from like 10 years ago. The "flip" gunny mentioned made me laugh.

Gunny
03-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Jitter bug?That's a dance?

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:24 AM
So after the pup and everything else, no new fridge in my future, but...

So I have the ice water dispense thingy, or just cold water or whatever. It's a little dispenser that spits out water, that's all I know. It makes a fine humming noise when I press the button, only because no line going to it!

So how hard is it to run this line? Needs to be a copper line? And for those of you about to laugh at me - who wants to come do it for me? :)

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 11:11 AM
So after the pup and everything else, no new fridge in my future, but...

So I have the ice water dispense thingy, or just cold water or whatever. It's a little dispenser that spits out water, that's all I know. It makes a fine humming noise when I press the button, only because no line going to it!

So how hard is it to run this line? Needs to be a copper line? And for those of you about to laugh at me - who wants to come do it for me? :)
I just got done reading about hooking up water to the fridge, and the instructions are pretty vague. But so far my plan is to install a value, hopefully one I can just screw inline between the feed and my kitchen faucet, and then 1/4" flexible PVC tube with compression fittings to hook up to the fridge.

And I hope my ice maker isn't ruined. The two dudes that delivered it, the guy just plugged the fridge and didn't really say crap hooking up water, but just as I was reading about hooking up the water it says "SHUT OFF ICE MAKER IF WATER IS NOT IMMEDIATELY HOOKED UP TO PREVENT DAMAGE." Well freakin' WONDERFUL. Why didn't this OOF that delivered AND PLUGGED IT IN TELL ME? So I shut it off, but if there's something wrong with it now because he didn't mention that and HE plugged it in, then I'm going to be PISSED.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 12:31 PM
I just got done reading about hooking up water to the fridge, and the instructions are pretty vague. But so far my plan is to install a value, hopefully one I can just screw inline between the feed and my kitchen faucet, and then 1/4" flexible PVC tube with compression fittings to hook up to the fridge.

All greek to me!! :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-26-2018, 05:55 PM
All greek to me!! :laugh:
What a freakin' FIASCO. As with most things I run into with this old house, it took FOUR trips down to the hardware store but I got the water line ran to the fridge. When I went to shut off the valve to the sink cold water faucet, it start skirting water all over the place and I had to run downstairs and shut off the main supply valve. They had it all screwed up with unneeded adapters and fittings so I did it right. Got everything hooked up, checked, double checked, no leaks, triple checked, 1/4" fitting inline T-fitting under the sink seeping, a quick couple more turns tightening, good to go. Now... I WANT TO SEE ICE!

Gunny
03-26-2018, 05:59 PM
I can't even operate Ash's oven. Good thing I don't need one to cook. It's more complicated than my laptop. I remember when you put one selector on "bake" or "broil' and the other on degrees. That amounts to 2 flips of the wrist. I don't need to program the motherfucker because I can't cook. The microwave even has pictures of animals on it :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-26-2018, 06:12 PM
I can't even operate Ash's oven. Good thing I don't need one to cook. It's more complicated than my laptop. I remember when you put one selector on "bake" or "broil' and the other on degrees. That amounts to 2 flips of the wrist. I don't need to program the motherfucker because I can't cook. The microwave even has pictures of animals on it :laugh:
Been a mechanic and worked either maintenance or an electro/mechanical job all my life. I love it. I love the high tech stuff too. I need to be doing something with my hands, building, fabricating, fixing, I love it all. I'm a tool whore but as anybody else that's the same as me knows, with the right tools, any job is "easier." There's no such thing as in "easy job." Keeps me going. I have to be doing something all the time. The last thing I'll ever do is ask someone else to do this or that for me. I'll do it myself.