PDA

View Full Version : McMaster to Resign, incoming John Bolton

pete311
03-22-2018, 05:46 PM
McMaster to Resign, incoming John Bolton
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/us/politics/hr-mcmaster-trump-bolton.html

Gunny
03-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Trump is shoring up his team prior to meeting Kim jong Un. Looks like he's replacing "disagreer's" with hard-liners.

Black Diamond
03-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Trump is shoring up his team prior to meeting Kim jong Un. Looks like he's replacing "disagreer's" with hard-liners.
Yeah. See I can't help but think this is by design in some form or another.

Gunny
03-22-2018, 06:01 PM
Yeah. See I can't help but think this is by design in some form or another.Sure it is. Tillerson was too bland, and he argued with Trump about Iran. McMaster didn't agree with Trump about Iran.

The "design", IMO, is Un is a minor league test run for his team before tackling the Iran deal. He wants a united front and no waffling. I would anyway. If they can stand dealing with NATO and the EU and the backlash threats from Iran, they'll probably be the ones he uses for Syria and tackling Russia and that pompous ass Erdogan.

Just guessing. But that would be MY plan.

Black Diamond
03-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Sure it is. Tillerson was too bland, and he argued with Trump about Iran. McMaster didn't agree with Trump about Iran.

The "design", IMO, is Un is a minor league test run for his team before tackling the Iran deal. He wants a united front and no waffling. I would anyway. If they can stand dealing with NATO and the EU and the backlash threats from Iran, they'll probably be the ones he uses for Syria and tackling Russia and that pompous ass Erdogan.

Just guessing. But that would be MY plan.
Trump historically has hired people who disagree with him. But this is huge. Who's his next hire? Cheney?

hjmick
03-22-2018, 06:35 PM
When will he start hiring "best and most serious" like he said he would? And if the people he's hired, fired, and inspired to quit weren't them, why'd he bother?

Gunny
03-22-2018, 06:41 PM
Trump historically has hired people who disagree with him. But this is huge. Who's his next hire? Cheney?I don't think it's all that huge. The writing's BEEN on the wall for Tillerson. McMaster I don't know about. However, you don't go into negotiations on the world stage without a team on the same sheet of music.

I don't know why Bolton. He's never impressed me by anything except he is a hard-liner. He's not overly-intelligent nor very imaginative. Never impressed me as being either, anyway.

I don't like Nikki Haley either, but she is also a line-in-the-sand type. Too liberal and PC for me. She caved on the SC flag.

However, it looks as overall, Trump is going with a lineup of hard-ballers on foreign policy. He's got some tough situations to fix in the near future.

Black Diamond
03-22-2018, 07:09 PM
I don't think it's all that huge. The writing's BEEN on the wall for Tillerson. McMaster I don't know about. However, you don't go into negotiations on the world stage without a team on the same sheet of music.

I don't know why Bolton. He's never impressed me by anything except he is a hard-liner. He's not overly-intelligent nor very imaginative. Never impressed me as being either, anyway.

I don't like Nikki Haley either, but she is also a line-in-the-sand type. Too liberal and PC for me. She caved on the SC flag.

However, it looks as overall, Trump is going with a lineup of hard-ballers on foreign policy. He's got some tough situations to fix in the near future.
Firing McMaster and tillerson I'm not surprised at. It's bolton being brought In that surprises me.

aboutime
03-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Trump historically has hired people who disagree with him. But this is huge. Who's his next hire? Cheney?

I really like Bolton. He has a lot of U.N. experience, and served in the U.N. for the USA.
I believe I heard the President wants Pete Hegseth to take over the VA
Peter Brian Hegseth (born June 6, 1980) is an American FOX News Channel contributor. He served in the U.S. military with deployments to Cuba and Iraq. He is a former military officer and former executive director of the political advocacy group Vets For Freedom. He was in consideration to head the United States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Hegseth

Kathianne
03-22-2018, 07:54 PM
When will he start hiring "best and most serious" like he said he would? And if the people he's hired, fired, and inspired to quit weren't them, why'd he bother?

He was right when he did it, then they changed. He doesn't make mistakes. It wasn't the President, it was those that misrepresented themselves. So now he's got the right folks. ;)

aboutime
03-22-2018, 08:02 PM
He was right when he did it, then they changed. He doesn't make mistakes. It wasn't the President, it was those that misrepresented themselves. So now he's got the right folks. ;)

Kathianne. Exactly. I remember how all of the Trump Hating MSM fools declared that Trump picked the wrong people for the jobs. So, now. He's changing people, and the same TRUMP HATING MSM FOOLS are still complaining. "Damed if he does, Damned if he doesn't!"

The Liberal, Democrat, Hypocrisy, Double Standards still apply.

LongTermGuy
03-22-2018, 08:06 PM
Some say Bolton is a "hard liner"....I say he is a Realist...the Type that gets tired of kicking the can down the road....One who wants to take care of a problem that should of been taken care of long ago....John Bolton has a workable...intelligent strategy with good common sense.....John Bolton is perfect for the Job....>>>(In the times we live in)<<<

http://republicbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/20170529/753692_johnbolton-370x297.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=113&amp;v=mdbEOL6Lq5c

Gunny
03-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Firing McMaster and tillerson I'm not surprised at. It's bolton being brought In that surprises me.Bolton isn't a surprise to me. He's a doggedly loyal and patriotic flag-waiver. He knows enough about diplomacy to get him by. Barely.

And frankly, who else? think about THIS: Bolton is a Bush Republican. He's been "out" quite awhile. Meaning, no loyalties to the neocons in Congress. Not a Washington insider. Not a Democrat. And he's an asshole that will stand his ground negotiating.

Can you think of anyone better? Given the criteria that he is going to work for Trump and his agenda?

Black Diamond
03-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Kathianne. Exactly. I remember how all of the Trump Hating MSM fools declared that Trump picked the wrong people for the jobs. So, now. He's changing people, and the same TRUMP HATING MSM FOOLS are still complaining. "Damed if he does, Damned if he doesn't!"

The Liberal, Democrat, Hypocrisy, Double Standards still apply.
It's not limited to leftists.

Black Diamond
03-22-2018, 08:10 PM
Bolton isn't a surprise to me. He's a doggedly loyal and patriotic flag-waiver. He knows enough about diplomacy to get him by. Barely.

And frankly, who else? think about THIS: Bolton is a Bush Republican. He's been "out" quite awhile. Meaning, no loyalties to the neocons in Congress. Not a Washington insider. Not a Democrat. And he's an asshole that will stand his ground negotiating.

Can you think of anyone better? Given the criteria that he is going to work for Trump and his agenda?
What is trumps agenda? That's what I'm getting at. It's turning hardline. The Iran deal may be history. I wonder what our enemies are thinking

aboutime
03-22-2018, 08:15 PM
It's not limited to leftists.

The House of Representatives did exactly what Nancy Pelosi did with Obama Care, today.

2000 Pages of a Bill.....NOBODY had a chance to read is how RINO's act like Liberals.

REMEMBER MY WORDS HERE.....MANY TIMES. "I TRUST NO POLITICIAN! PERIOD!"

Gunny
03-22-2018, 08:43 PM
What is trumps agenda? That's what I'm getting at. It's turning hardline. The Iran deal may be history. I wonder what our enemies are thinkingTrump doesn't have a track record, so it's hard to say. Same goes with these "choices". I'm not surprised because he may be "all that" at what he does, but he SILL a rookie in DC. He's been playing from behind on that one from the beginning.

I think his objective is to get what he says he wants. He likes to play maneuver as opposed to the static lines all his opponents are holding. He's either a genius getting set for his next move or he's a colossal dumbass heading for a monumental failure. No in between with him. Can't say he's boring :laugh:

He's going to have to deal with Un. He's got to deal with Iran and those nations wanting to keep the deal. He's got to deal with Syria; which, includes dealing with Putin and Erdogan. He's got the Pali's to deal with. He's got China to deal with on trade.

I'd say so far he's doing okay considering he doesn't know who he can trust. He's got to be better than good and no room for error.

Me? I'd give Un EXACTLY what he asked for in return for all his nukes. NK can exist as a nation and no is going to attack it for no reason and we'll assist in improvements provided he meets this n that criteria. That's NOT a hard deal, and more than any of his predecessors have gotten. Win column and suddenly the international stage will take a second look.

LongTermGuy
03-22-2018, 08:49 PM
​**In case anyone missed It....John Bolton responds to the good News... :salute:

'The Story with Martha MacCallum."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FrWMl1ElkM

pete311
03-23-2018, 07:58 AM
​**In case anyone missed It....John Bolton responds to the good News... :salute:

'The Story with Martha MacCallum."

Pretty good interview. Many are concerned Bolton is a war monger. I guess we'll just have to see.

LongTermGuy
03-23-2018, 08:33 AM
Pretty good interview. Many are concerned Bolton is a war monger. I guess we'll just have to see.

Darn good interview...thanks for the reply pete...Only the left and Never Trumpers would call Bolton "a war Monger".....Common sense beats Liberal appeasement and weakness which got us in the the North Korea situation in the first place...starting with Bill Clinton....and all the way through Lying....weak...bowing obama....Never run from Needed wars...doing so will only make things worse for the future of good people.....North Korea and Iran are prime examples....

pete311
03-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Darn good interview...thanks for the reply pete...Only the left and Never Trumpers would call Bolton "a war Monger".....Common sense beats Liberal appeasement and weakness which got us in the the North Korea situation in the first place...starting with Bill Clinton....and all the way through Lying....weak...bowing obama....Never run from Needed wars...doing so will only make things worse for the future of good people.....North Korea and Iran are prime examples....

What is strange is the Trump campaigned on not being the world's police and being an anti-interventionist. War will not help reel in the spending.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:08 AM

Perhaps it's still all a ruse, and he's truly a die hard liberal, and not raising or spending money to actually win the election. :) :)

My opinion? He's never been in politics, or been president before. He's unfortunately, still learning things, and finding out that the white house is not the same as a board room. So some folks didn't work out as he had hoped or planned.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:11 AM

Wanting to hire the best of the best - but getting it wrong isn't unheard of. At least he's learning his mistakes and tossing the folks and getting new folks. Much better than being a hard head and sticking with folks that aren't working out.

And it's quite possible that even any changes may not work. Politics ain't easy! But I would still MUCH rather have Trump in there, learning from any mistakes and making any changes - and making the progress he has - instead of having Hillary in there, who would likely stick with her folks, and all the illegal activities and shenanigans.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 09:14 AM
Wanting to hire the best of the best - but getting it wrong isn't unheard of. At least he's learning his mistakes and tossing the folks and getting new folks. Much better than being a hard head and sticking with folks that aren't working out.

And it's quite possible that even any changes may not work. Politics ain't easy! But I would still MUCH rather have Trump in there, learning from any mistakes and making any changes - and making the progress he has - instead of having Hillary in there, who would likely stick with her folks, and all the illegal activities and shenanigans.
Hiring the right people isn't as easy as people think. And the needs of the country can change on a dime.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:14 AM

Same here. A good interview does NOT equate to good policy and actions. So while he has history, let's simply hope he does a good job for our nation.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 09:15 AM
Hiring the right people isn't as easy as people think. And the needs of the country can change on a dime.

Additionally, things change when you have Mueller still going strong, and the Obama/Clinton machine still going strong along with any "friends" them may still have in office. Sometimes you have to change the ammunition to survive!

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 09:16 AM
What is strange is the Trump campaigned on not being the world's police and being an anti-interventionist. War will not help reel in the spending.
And Obama campaigned saying running deficits was unpatriotic. And then doubled the debt.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Additionally, things change when you have Mueller still going strong, and the Obama/Clinton machine still going strong along with any "friends" them may still have in office. Sometimes you have to change the ammunition to survive!
I think this is a shift to a hardline stance on the world stage. Europe is probably wetting its pants.

pete311
03-23-2018, 10:00 AM

Of course, but Trump campaigned that everything was so easy and that only he could fix the countries problems.

pete311
03-23-2018, 10:02 AM
And Obama campaigned saying running deficits was unpatriotic. And then doubled the debt.

Not sure what you are saying here. That Trump and Obama and both lie? You seem to be concerned with one but not the other.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 10:03 AM
Of course, but Trump campaigned that everything was so easy and that only he could fix the countries problems.
And look where he is.

Yes we can.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 10:04 AM
Ha has hired and fired people before. Every president has gone through different cabinets and hired and fired press secretaries, security advisers, etc.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Not sure what you are saying here. That Trump and Obama and both lie? You seem to be concerned with one but not the other.
Neither of them lied in these examples . We aren't talking about lying. And when was the last time you called out that porch monkey on anything.

LongTermGuy
03-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Ha has hired and fired people before. Every president has gone through different cabinets and hired and fired press secretaries, security advisers, etc.

​Yup...just a normal process and needed...only Leftist (Liberals / Never Trumpers) will complain...and would prefer..(fake ..polished...smooth talking...weak fools like obama).... ....Success....is about weighing and choosing the best options to match the times and situations...

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 10:25 AM
Has anyone considered that maybe the needs of the country have changed in the past year?

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 12:27 PM

Sure, unlike EVERY president ever who claims they are best for the country.

And in case you haven't noticed, and of course will deny, the country is much much better now that Obama is a part of history, and now Trump is in office.

Like you and Gabby have been, like forever? I recall SO MANY threads from you about Obama's dishonesty. NOT. :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 12:28 PM
It would be easy if he didn't have to fight not only the TDS democrats, but the deep state never Trumper establishment in his own party.

He's one man, against the entire Washington swamp. I give him tons of credit for what he's already gotten done despite all the opposition.

Gunny
03-23-2018, 02:14 PM
What is strange is the Trump campaigned on not being the world's police and being an anti-interventionist. War will not help reel in the spending.I think he's doing okay, thus far, at not playing "world's police". He's inherited everything he's got at the moment. NK has been around since 1950. Like herpes, I guess. Afghanistan has been around since 01. ISIS has been around since Obama pulled our troops out of Iraq too soon. Iran has been around since 79, and the nuclear deal since Obama and Kerry. Crimea is a NATO issue and Putin's been around 12 years. Russia's been a pain in the ass most of the years since 1947-ish. Israel/Palestine since 1949. We're selling arms to Saudi Arabia in it's war against the Taliban in the Yemen civil war. He also has to deal with whether or not to support Saudi Arabia's nuclear program because SA has told him straight-up if not the US, they will go elsewhere but they need to modernize their energy infrastructure. The Chinese are extending out into the South China Sea, claiming territory with man-made islands. He has to deal with Erdogan (Turkey) over the issue of supporting Kurds in Syria that Turkey has declared terrorists as it suits its purpose.

We saw with Obama and Iraq what happens when you just declare victory and leave. And don't get yourself worked up. My response is to the "world's police" thing, not to bash your boy, Obama.

None of those international issues is going to go away. Each has a direct impact on us. There are multiple threads on each of the aforementioned issues in the Current Events/International News and Middle East subforums you have as yet to participate in any time recently in any meaningful sort of way.

The only issues I can see Trump bringing on himself internationally is because of his tariffs; which, DO affect us directly and indirectly as consumers on the wrong end of a trade deficit.

hjmick
03-23-2018, 03:32 PM
Perhaps it's still all a ruse, and he's truly a die hard liberal, and not raising or spending money to actually win the election. :) :)

I get you're being a smart ass with this comment, and yeah, I still don't believe he thought he would win, but ask yourself this question:

Had Hillary been elected, do you think the Republicans would have let this abortion of a spending bill, which only gets us through until the fall, out of the halls of Congress?

Enjoy your border fence.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 05:16 PM
I get you're being a smart ass with this comment, and yeah, I still don't believe he thought he would win, but ask yourself this question:

Had Hillary been elected, do you think the Republicans would have let this abortion of a spending bill, which only gets us through until the fall, out of the halls of Congress?

Enjoy your border fence.

Nope - and that's just my point, without compromise, these things go nowhere. In order to get things and avoid shutdown, a shit spending bill was signed.

But how about this - how about blame the ACTUAL folks who made this bill, didn't properly negotiate this bill, passed this bill in the house, sent this turd to Trump with no time on the clock.

Sure, it's a shitty bill with a lot of crap in it, along with some decent things to hold over. Did Trump write it? Of course not.

What SHOULD have happened here was the republicans/conservatives actually negotiating something better, instead of negotiating shit and then expecting the veto to bail them out.

I'm thrilled with 50 miles of wall getting started. And will be even more thrilled when more money comes to it down the road, and more of the glorious wall comes with it. Of course those that lost their initial arguments, and see some of the good coming forward that others wanted, then tend to resort to changing names and pet names and what not.

I'm more into reality. I said a long time back, many times, that when it came to things like spending bills, there needs to be compromise - and of course good negotiating that means the compromise is a good compromise.

I believe the Dems made out like bandits on this one. Hopefully next time around the same tactics aren't used and better negotiating is done. Or they can give themselves raises and wait for someone else to do their jobs for them via a stroke of the pen.

hjmick
03-23-2018, 05:32 PM
Nope - and that's just my point, without compromise, these things go nowhere. In order to get things and avoid shutdown, a shit spending bill was signed.

But how about this - how about blame the ACTUAL folks who made this bill, didn't properly negotiate this bill, passed this bill in the house, sent this turd to Trump with no time on the clock.

Sure, it's a shitty bill with a lot of crap in it, along with some decent things to hold over. Did Trump write it? Of course not.

What SHOULD have happened here was the republicans/conservatives actually negotiating something better, instead of negotiating shit and then expecting the veto to bail them out.

I'm thrilled with 50 miles of wall getting started. And will be even more thrilled when more money comes to it down the road, and more of the glorious wall comes with it. Of course those that lost their initial arguments, and see some of the good coming forward that others wanted, then tend to resort to changing names and pet names and what not.

I'm more into reality. I said a long time back, many times, that when it came to things like spending bills, there needs to be compromise - and of course good negotiating that means the compromise is a good compromise.

I believe the Dems made out like bandits on this one. Hopefully next time around the same tactics aren't used and better negotiating is done. Or they can give themselves raises and wait for someone else to do their jobs for them via a stroke of the pen.

I blame them all, my friend. That's why I'm pissed about it.

As for your wall, you may want to read the bill closely. It is my understanding that the $1.6 billion in funds earmarked for border protection construction and improvements can only be used to repair and build previously approved fencing. There is $38 million in funds earmarked for the planning and design of border walls, but none for the construction of a new kind of wall.

aboutime
03-23-2018, 07:56 PM
https://davidpalethorpe.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/liar-4.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uOwdidypevk/UEkhPY13G6I/AAAAAAAAC-I/_h0KRgtmVsE/s1600/imagesCAMBYBWS.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfpZDU17z_KEqHTwQijyP1pyRx9lbXH x1Wxah5F41QZKWDBH4-http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/d49.jpghttps://i0.wp.com/www.conservativejunction.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/honest-journalism.jpg?fit=599%2C499&ssl=1https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Diapers+and+politicians_c28700_4279828.jpghttps://ateachercarla.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/politicians.jpg?w=1000https://pics.onsizzle.com/know-how-to-tell-if-a-politician-is-lying-look-12065773.pnghttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKnAJocK77Iyyz-vQmqDsBM4kzqIqhZ46quWnlnzNe1dMqAz-x

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 06:05 AM
I blame them all, my friend. That's why I'm pissed about it.

As for your wall, you may want to read the bill closely. It is my understanding that the $1.6 billion in funds earmarked for border protection construction and improvements can only be used to repair and build previously approved fencing. There is $38 million in funds earmarked for the planning and design of border walls, but none for the construction of a new kind of wall.

I blame them all too, but NOT just Trump for signing is all.

The wall - they asked for funding for the first 100 miles. What they received, was funding for the first 50 miles, and funding to repair existing areas of fence/wall.

With that said, I think folks are underestimating how long this will all take. 50 miles of wall isn't going to go up overnight. There will be plenty of time to seek additional funding while things get started. I'd prefer the whole thing gets funded altogether, but I believe once it's started and rolling along, it will get funded to completion. (posted story and info in thread about bill).

There were about 535 people who touched and signed off on this bill prior to meeting Trump's desk. Of course it was easy for the Dems, they did their part and did the best for their party/constituents. But hell, doesn't seem like the republicans did much, nor fought for a better deal.

And while Trump gets his share of blame for signing, no way I hold him solely responsible when all these other dolts are the one who did all the work and wanted a signature. I've detested congress for a LONG LONG time and said a LONG LONG time ago that THEY are the main problem - BOTH sides.