PDA

View Full Version : Trump SIGNS HORRENDOUS OMNIBUS Spending Bill...

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 12:33 PM
... and I'll tell you this right now... he has LOST my support.

I'm done... he CAVED. NO funding for the wall, CUT spending on BORDER SECURITY, INCREASED funding for SANCTUARY CITIES and PP... on and on... and NO ONE READ THE BILL... it was pretty much written in secret and it's only HOURS OLD... the democrats are DANCING IN THE STREETS because they got EVERYTHING THEY WANTED, and Trump PUSSIES OUT and BENDS OVER.

I'm done with him. I will not vote for him again. Watch his next rally, if he even holds another one, there won't be HALF the people there. He FUCKED UP.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 12:46 PM
I won't say he has lost my support. Apparently it's another one of those "cave" into a quick fix. He apparently even agrees with you, minus the signing of course. He better learn that these asswads WILL come back if he vetoes or tells them to fix shit. This is a typical dem move. :(

There IS funding for the wall, but not nearly as expected or needed.

---

Trump says he's signed $1.3 trillion spending bill into law despite being 'unhappy' about it

-Trump plans to sign a $1.3 trillion spending bill into law despite a veto threat.
-The about-face on a possible veto came a day after White House officials had said Trump would sign the legislation despite his misgivings.
-Trump is irked about the immigration proposals included in the legislation.

President Donald Trump said he signed the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill into law Friday, despite a veto threat and provisions he says he is "unhappy" about.

The president approved the legislation to fund the government through September for national security reasons, as it authorizes a major increase in military spending that the president supports. Trump criticized the rushed process to pass the more than 2,200-page bill released only Wednesday, saying he would "never sign another bill like this again."

"As a matter of national security, I've signed this omnibus bill," Trump said at the White House on Friday.

Trump teased a veto a day after the White House had said he would sign the legislation despite his misgivings. The government would have shut down at 12:01 a.m. Saturday if Trump did not sign a funding bill into law.

In a tweet Friday morning, Trump said he was "considering a VETO" because the proposal does not extend protections for hundreds of thousands of young undocumented immigrants or fully fund his proposed border wall.

The president's tweet threw more chaos into the process to keep the government running, even after it looked like Trump's signature would only be a formality. Vice President Mike Pence offered support for the bill Thursday. Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney answered "yes" on Thursday when asked if Trump would sign the bill.

"Why? Because it funds his priorities," he told reporters.

The legislation, which both chambers of Congress passed with bipartisan support, would fund the government through the end of September. It would significantly boost military spending and increase funding for border security, infrastructure and efforts to fight the opioid epidemic.

It also includes measures meant to strengthen gun sale background checks and improve school safety.

Earlier Friday, a White House official who declined to be named told CNBC that Trump was "frustrated" by what he deems Democrats' refusal to reach a deal on shielding the young immigrants. Earlier, an official emphasized that Trump only said he was "considering" a veto.

Many lawmakers have already left Washington. Some are in Rochester, New York, for the funeral Friday of longtime Rep. Louise Slaughter, who died last week. The Senate had adjourned and was not expected to take up legislative work again until April 9.

While Trump cheered the military funding levels, he was apparently irked by the level of border security funding. The legislation would boost border enforcement funds by about $1.6 billion, to go toward surveillance technology and fencing along the border with Mexico. While Republicans have said the bill funds Trump's "wall," the money goes to fencing structures similar to ones that already exist.

The president, who has tried to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, reportedly wanted $25 billion in long-term wall funding in exchange for protections for the young immigrants. Democrats and some Republicans have sought to extend the DACA program. Trump reportedly did not want to give up to 1.8 million immigrants a pathway to citizenship as part of the deal, as Democrats wanted.

Some notable Republicans who opposed the spending bill encouraged Trump to torpedo it on Friday. House Freedom Caucus Vice Chair Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, told CNBC the veto threat "is great" and said he hopes the president follows through on it.

"I think he got a full understanding of how bad this legislation is … This is not even close to what the American people elected us to do," the hardline House conservative said.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/trump-threatens-to-veto-omnibus-spending-bill-over-daca-and-the-border-wall.html

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Trump signs $1.3 trillion spending bill after veto threat

President Trump on Friday grudgingly signed the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill passed by Congress despite his concerns over immigration issues — including the lack of full funding for his long-promised border wall in exchange for a deal on Dreamers.

“They created a series of documents that nobody was able to read,” he said about the bill during a signing event in the Diplomatic Reception room at the White House.

But he added, the omnibus bill was important because it boosted defense spending by $60 billion over last year, including pay hikes for the troops.

“As a matter of national security I’ll sign this omnibus budget bill,” he said, but warned that he would never sign such a hastily prepared bill again.

Trump had earlier Friday threatened to veto the bill — and was reportedly fuming all morning about details in the bill he didn’t like.

“I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

Congress passed the massive spending bill just after midnight Friday — after the Trump administration initially said he would sign it.

Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget, told reporters Thursday that the bill “funds his (Trump’s) priorities.”

“Let’s cut right to the chase: Is the president going to sign the bill? The answer is yes,” he said, CNN reported.

“Is it perfect? No,” Mulvaney added. “Is it exactly what we asked for in the budget? No. Were we ever going to get that? No. That is not how the process works.” (Unfortunately, true, compromise is the only way - but I still think they could have done much better - Jim)

The Senate voted narrowly to avert a government shutdown by passing the spending bill, which increases military and domestic spending and strengthens background checks for gun purchasers.

The House approved the bill a day earlier.

Trump wanted billions more for the wall in exchange for protection for Dreamers, illegal immigrants brought here as children who were protected from deportation by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/23/trump-signs-1-3-trillion-spending-bill-after-veto-threat/

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Additionally, if it's worth a dang thing, with so many out of town, the government would have went into a shutdown later today if not signed. :(

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 12:57 PM
The monesy has apparently funded nearly 50 miles of getting the wall started, and the rest of the funding, and the rest to repair existing segments.

I'm no expert on wall building, but I would imagine it's going to take quite awhile to build the wall of the various plans submitted. There's plenty of time to get additional funding. Not the preferred way to look at things, but getting this started is the important part - and then keep building!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 01:02 PM
The monesy has apparently funded nearly 50 miles of getting the wall started, and the rest of the funding, and the rest to repair existing segments.

I'm no expert on wall building, but I would imagine it's going to take quite awhile to build the wall of the various plans submitted. There's plenty of time to get additional funding. Not the preferred way to look at things, but getting this started is the important part - and then keep building!
I guarantee, Jim, I'll wager you that there will NEVER be any fence... NEVER. That just got shit canned into the dust bin of broken promises. Not one mile. From what I hear, the only money there is in this bill is patch holes in existing fence, little fence, like you'd put around your garden. The illegals cut a hole in it, we patch it, they cut another hole it. It's pathetic. What Trump did today was pathetic. The blogosphere is exploding with people saying they're done with him. I made the comment on twitter and the likes are exploding... almost 100 already... never seen anything like it. People are PISSED.

Kathianne
03-23-2018, 01:13 PM
They're mad at not enough spending. Already doubling Obama's rate of spending~ never enough!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 01:16 PM
I just heard that there's funding for 33 miles of fence, but there's a provision in that spending that it CAN'T RESEMBLE ANY OF THE NEW WALL PROTOTYPES THAT TRUMP LOOKED AT, and the fence HAS to be built in TX.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 01:26 PM
I guarantee, Jim, I'll wager you that there will NEVER be any fence... NEVER. That just got shit canned into the dust bin of broken promises. Not one mile. From what I hear, the only money there is in this bill is patch holes in existing fence, little fence, like you'd put around your garden. The illegals cut a hole in it, we patch it, they cut another hole it. It's pathetic. What Trump did today was pathetic. The blogosphere is exploding with people saying they're done with him. I made the comment on twitter and the likes are exploding... almost 100 already... never seen anything like it. People are PISSED.

I read half of the 100 they requested for the new fence, and the other is for existing fence. I DO think it will get started, and I'm hoping that seeing it started, gets it completed. But I sure would hate to see 50 miles only.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 01:26 PM
Wall needs to be built in Arizona (among other places). That's where the drugs flow into the country.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 01:28 PM
I just heard that there's funding for 33 miles of fence, but there's a provision in that spending that it CAN'T RESEMBLE ANY OF THE NEW WALL PROTOTYPES THAT TRUMP LOOKED AT, and the fence HAS to be built in TX.

Keep in mind the government shutdown, that it has been funded to get started at least, and that yeah, some funding is for existing fence/wall repairs.

Did you read as to why it can't resemble? Is that because no one was chosen prior to the signing? And in Texas only, can't figure that one out, but I guess Gunny gets a heads up on the rest of us!

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 01:30 PM
If trump signed it, the government shutdown would be on him. We need 70 senators.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 01:30 PM
Wall needs to be built in Arizona (among other places). That's where the drugs flow into the country.

That too... I think it's needed in MANY more places, which is why I can't wait to see the entire thing go up.

It will be interesting, for example, if 50 miles does go up. Seeing any comparison on the climbers and illegals, as to where and how they get across. But if they aren't willing to place in one of the walls that were used to bid - then I wonder what they will place up? Hopefully not a 4 foot chain link fence. :(

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 01:52 PM
Keep in mind the government shutdown, that it has been funded to get started at least, and that yeah, some funding is for existing fence/wall repairs.

Did you read as to why it can't resemble? Is that because no one was chosen prior to the signing? And in Texas only, can't figure that one out, but I guess Gunny gets a heads up on the rest of us!
I've been listening to Rush today, and he has staff that of course reads these bills. Rush also said that they won't be doing another big spending bill even NEXT YEAR, so Trump's agenda just got GUTTED. The ONE THING he campaigned on, BUILD THE WALL, well he can kiss that goodbye. He'll never get the money in this term as president, and my bet is he won't win in 2020 because of what he did today.

This is "open line Friday" on Rush, and people are calling in just LIVID with him, saying they're done, and like Rush has said a million times... "no one can separate Trump supporters from Trump except Trump," well people are saying that's what he did today.

Gunny
03-23-2018, 02:27 PM
Trump should not have signed this Bill. Even with the threat of shutting down the government, it isn't going to be worth what it costs. Not to anyone but Democrats.

I need to get back to looking at other countries to live in. I can live in some countries pretty well on my US $ retirement.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 02:28 PM
I've been listening to Rush today, and he has staff that of course reads these bills. Rush also said that they won't be doing another big spending bill even NEXT YEAR, so Trump's agenda just got GUTTED. The ONE THING he campaigned on, BUILD THE WALL, well he can kiss that goodbye. He'll never get the money in this term as president, and my bet is he won't win in 2020 because of what he did today.

This is "open line Friday" on Rush, and people are calling in just LIVID with him, saying they're done, and like Rush has said a million times... "no one can separate Trump supporters from Trump except Trump," well people are saying that's what he did today.
Trump will be reelected in 2020.

pete311
03-23-2018, 02:37 PM
Congress and his staff gave him little option. It was basically him against everyone else. He can't govern as his own island.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 02:42 PM
Congress and his staff gave him little option. It was basically him against everyone else. He can't govern as his own island.
Wow. I agree with you.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Trump should not have signed this Bill. Even with the threat of shutting down the government, it isn't going to be worth what it costs. Not to anyone but Democrats.

I need to get back to looking at other countries to live in. I can live in some countries pretty well on my US $ retirement.
Work on your Spanish. I hear Costa Rica works.

Gunny
03-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Trump will be reelected in 2020.I will NOT vote in the midterms for ANY Congressman or Senator who signed off on that Bill. I will not vote for a Dem. I'm as sick of sellout Congressmen as I am Democrats.

The GOP can probably kills Congress goodbye. For whatever little good it did for anyone. Whether or not I vote in 2020 is going to be an open-ended question. Guess Trump better impress the living Hell out of me between now and then.

It doesn't do one damned bit of good for me to bitch my ass off about keeping the Dems out as a reason for voting for someone I dislike when the Dems get what they want anyway. Might as well not bother.

And if these current Republicans are conservative? Hate to see the next leftwingers if they spend even more and worse. Not even worth my time. Guess I better stock up on a few new firearms and ammo before Trump caves to some more gun control.

hjmick
03-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Sign it or government shut down?

Shut it down.

The government is a bloated, overreaching behemoth that needs to be slain. This spending bill is just another example of that.

If you have any doubt about how bad it is, remember this:

...Democrats were beyond pleased with the outcome. Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., chronicled the party’s many gains, and noted they could have just have easily withheld votes Republicans needed to avert another shutdown.

“We chose to use our leverage to help this bill pass,” Pelosi said.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said as the minority party in Congress, “We feel good.” He added, “We produced a darn good bill.”

These two pigs love it and are chortling all the way home...

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Sign it or government shut down?

Shut it down.

The government is a bloated, overreaching behemoth that needs to be slain. This spending bill is just another example of that.

If you have any doubt about how bad it is, remember this:

...Democrats were beyond pleased with the outcome. Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., chronicled the party’s many gains, and noted they could have just have easily withheld votes Republicans needed to avert another shutdown.

“We chose to use our leverage to help this bill pass,” Pelosi said.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said as the minority party in Congress, “We feel good.” He added, “We produced a darn good bill.”

These two pigs love it and are chortling all the way home...
Government shutdowns are very unpopular and this is an election year. Those two pigs still have a lot of power.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 04:05 PM
Government shutdowns are very unpopular and this is an election year. Those two pigs still have a lot of power.
Trump was able to blame the last Gov shut down on dems. He could have done the same thing this time but didn't.

I guarantee that had he vetoed this bill, he'd still have has ENTIRE base support. As it is now, he got punked, he made the mistake of his career and I'm afraid there'll be no coming back from it. He probably lost the MAJORITY of his support today. Social media is ablaze with pissed off people all saying the same thing. They feel betrayed, they feel sold out, they feel Trump caved.

"READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES"... remember that one? Bush never outlived that one either. Signing this bill is worse than that. Trump's first and only term in office is now in the toilet. Guarantee the ones that will run against him in 2020 will be using this against him, and it'll work. His "connection" with his base is gone. He just blew it up.

He should have SHREDDED this bill and THROWN IT BACK IN CONGRESS' FACE and told them, DON'T INSULT ME WITH SUCH BULL SHIT. Write something up I can sign or I'll go to the American people and BURN THIS TOWN DOWN. THAT is what I expected him to do. That is what I THOUGHT he would do. That is what he was ELECTED to do. His popularity would have SOARED with his base. He may have even picked more up.

This is just sad.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 04:08 PM
Trump was able to blame the last Gov shut down on dems. He could have done the same thing this time but didn't.

I guarantee that had he vetoed this bill, he'd still have has ENTIRE base support. As it is now, he got punked, he made the mistake of his career and I'm afraid there'll be no coming back from it. He probably lost the MAJORITY of his support today. Social media is ablaze with pissed off people all saying the same thing.

"READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES"... remember that one? Bush never outlived that one either.
So you voted for Clinton then?

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 04:16 PM
So you voted for Clinton then?
I can't even find the humor in that, pard... sorry... just not in the joking mood.

LongTermGuy
03-23-2018, 04:17 PM
... and I'll tell you this right now... he has LOST my support.

I'm done... he CAVED. NO funding for the wall, CUT spending on BORDER SECURITY, INCREASED funding for SANCTUARY CITIES and PP... on and on... and NO ONE READ THE BILL... it was pretty much written in secret and it's only HOURS OLD... the democrats are DANCING IN THE STREETS because they got EVERYTHING THEY WANTED, and Trump PUSSIES OUT and BENDS OVER.

I'm done with him. I will not vote for him again. Watch his next rally, if he even holds another one, there won't be HALF the people there. He FUCKED UP.

**Read carefully...Just my thoughts `my friend`....and remember...were in a WAR...never run from a fight...or be a deserter...:salute:

**Good....vote for a Democrat Next time....or Hillary if she runs again but DONT WHINE......Trump was / IS... under pressure from a lot of people ....Repubs never Trump rhinos (establishment) and the leftist (Democrats).... almost as if it was planned >> (It was)<<... to get a few weak Trump supporters to scream...Im done...Im done...Look at me world...Im a hero cause Im done with Trump...now everybody love me......Weeeeeeee...Look at me....!!

***Now here is the story....No one liked the deal...Trump didnt either....and he was gonna Veto it...until the phone call.....TRUMP being a big Military guy had to go with it...especially the call coming from this guy Below....He wanted the Money...NOW for the military.....and Trump went with it...the other stuff can be fixed...and it will.....>>>HELL...I didnt like the deal either...Neither did RUSH Limbaugh....but it is what it is....You have to remember...its an on going WAR...The establishment won this round.....It aint easy being President...especially President Donald Trump with all the cacaroaches attacking him daily....day in and day out....

BTW...(Trump would like to change the rules to eliminate the filler-buster)

**Yes...he made the call....

"Donald...I (we...Military) need the Money Now..dont Veto the bill"
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.DUHvMvd8pvply63uUlN-GwHaE7&pid=15.1&P=0&w=280&h=187

"This Budget Was Designed to End the Trump Presidency"

`Even before I had gotten time to get into the nuts and bolts of this it was patently obvious to me that this budget is designed to separate Trump voters from Trump.

>>>>This budget is designed to make Trump voters think that Trump’s presidency is irrelevant.

This budget is designed to make Trump voters concluded, “You know what? There isn’t gonna be a wall and there isn’t gonna be anything serious on immigration and so having Trump be president is meaningless.”

>>That’s what this budget is designed to make you think, but after it’s signed into law. It’s 2,200 pages. There is no way anybody could have read all of it and digested it in the limited time they had before the vote.`
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/03/23/cant-sign-budget-mr-president/

`The Audience Reacts to the Budget Fiasco — And It’s Just What the Establishment Wanted`

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/FB-090717-Ryan-McConnell.jpg

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/APP-012218-Chuck-Schumer-Nancy-Pelosi.jpg
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/03/23/america-reacts-budget-fiasco/

Pay attention....Listen...digest for a minute and 48 seconds....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&amp;v=W2E8yIa6ytM

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 04:21 PM
Even before I had gotten time to get into the nuts and bolts of this it was patently obvious to me that this budget is designed to separate Trump voters from Trump.

Then he should have vetoed it... pretty simple.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 06:16 PM
The ire against Trump on twitter seems to be moderating. Many are forwarding this wild idea that the extra 80 billion Trump got for the military, he's going to turn around and allocate that money to use the military Corps of Engineers to build the wall, which he has the authority to do, and it would be the greatest punk on the democraps ever, it would be epic. They would have unwittingly funded the wall, while celebrating as if they just killed it.

We'll see... as of right now, I'm really not happy he signed he signed this bill, but let's see what he has up his sleeve.

One thing is for damn sure, not in this lifetime would I ever vote for a dem, ever. Hell will freeze over before that happens. Trump still has a couple more years to win me back, but it better be good. I'm feeling a little guilty for melting down as quickly as I did. He's done so much good already, and I do think he's a smart guy, and I do think he signed this MAINLY because Gen. Mattis all but BEGGED him to, for the sake of saving our military. I doubt Trump is done fighting. He's all we got right now standing in the way of the fascist dems, the deep state and the shit stain RINO establishment.

aboutime
03-23-2018, 07:42 PM
As most of us know. Trump primarily wanted to INCREASE DOD spending for the Military.

The Dems, and RINO'S in Congress, from both Houses.....Blackmailed...or Extorted Trump by doing the same thing they did for OBAMACARE....nobody got to read any of that before they voted for it either.
https://m5.paperblog.com/i/46/464476/redtapetower-obamacares-20000-plus-page-7-foo-T-yd_y1U.jpeg https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5a32e2cdb0bcd51c198b4eb5-750-482.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqE9asQ2iJdofb0picnhDmcXFB20wq2 LtDpM4JkBqatf6Mwu54

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 08:14 PM
This is what is being floated now...

https://image.ibb.co/h2BzKn/punk.jpg

Kathianne
03-23-2018, 08:19 PM
I just am looking for some clarity here. Deficit spending is no longer a problem, as long as it's on the military and the borders. If the two may be combined, pulling a fast one on the liberals and never Trump folks. all the better.

If the Army Corps of Engineer thing doesn't work out, more spending on the big, beautiful wall with a door is A-OK with all? I mean what's 1. 3 Trillion in the big scheme of things, right?

aboutime
03-23-2018, 08:43 PM
I just am looking for some clarity here. Deficit spending is no longer a problem, as long as it's on the military and the borders. If the two may be combined, pulling a fast one on the liberals and never Trump folks. all the better.

If the Army Corps of Engineer thing doesn't work out, more spending on the big, beautiful wall with a door is A-OK with all? I mean what's 1. 3 Trillion in the big scheme of things, right?

Kathianne. As a veteran. I admit I am biased on the Military aspects in the bill. It doesn't please me, or millions of other Americans who are seeing what DEFICIT spending does, and means.
HOWEVER...If anyone really wants to complain, or be upset with this. That is our right. BUT...none of the spending, or uses for the trillion plus will mean anything....IF WE LOSE OUR MEANS OF PROTECTING OUR NATION. None of it does any of us any good IF WE ARE DEAD.
And, for those who say that is a RED HERRING....try to live in a nation like Russia today, where THEY control your life.

Kathianne
03-23-2018, 08:53 PM
Kathianne. As a veteran. I admit I am biased on the Military aspects in the bill. It doesn't please me, or millions of other Americans who are seeing what DEFICIT spending does, and means.
HOWEVER...If anyone really wants to complain, or be upset with this. That is our right. BUT...none of the spending, or uses for the trillion plus will mean anything....IF WE LOSE OUR MEANS OF PROTECTING OUR NATION. None of it does any of us any good IF WE ARE DEAD.
And, for those who say that is a RED HERRING....try to live in a nation like Russia today, where THEY control your life.
So all the 1.3T is for the military and the wall? I don't think the dems would be so damn happy if that were the case. Bet there's a bit of infrastructure in there too? Got to get the airports on par with others, right? Wouldn't consider that might be something the airlines should do? High speed trains, we all know how terrific train rides across country or between cities are, right? Everyone talks about their latest trips on the train.

Kathianne
03-23-2018, 09:03 PM
For the record, rebuilding the military in my opinion is the #1 priority. I am with the President on that issue, it's all the spending on other things that I am in serious disagreement.

Black Diamond
03-23-2018, 09:10 PM
I heard ryan and others told him not to veto it. That he'd be putting a noose around his neck.

Now i just got an alert he's banning trannies from the military. I knew there would be some distraction.

aboutime
03-23-2018, 09:20 PM
So all the 1.3T is for the military and the wall? I don't think the dems would be so damn happy if that were the case. Bet there's a bit of infrastructure in there too? Got to get the airports on par with others, right? Wouldn't consider that might be something the airlines should do? High speed trains, we all know how terrific train rides across country or between cities are, right? Everyone talks about their latest trips on the train.

That's not what I said, and we know; the President didn't say that either. But he did put the dems in their place...with their help. Remember how the Dems got all of the DREAMERS to demonstrate, and hold marches for DACA?
The President wants DACA approved...but NOT ONE Democrat even mentioned it in the Bill.

We're all gonna see how disappointed all the Trump Haters, and Democrats are in November, when they try to regain power in Congress. I suspect...They are in for a HUGE surprise.

Gunny
03-23-2018, 09:24 PM

If the Army Corps of Engineer thing doesn't work out, more spending on the big, beautiful wall with a door is A-OK with all? I mean what's 1. 3 Trillion in the big scheme of things, right?I don't know, Kath. What do you think 50 miles of fencing on a border that's 800 miles long will get you?:rolleyes: 50 miles of fence wont even get you from Brownsville to Laredo. That's like sticking a band aid on a gushing artery.

What a damned joke. And THIS is conservative spending? Somebody must have changed the definition when I wasn't looking.

And LongTermGuy you're damned rights it's a war and our side is a bunch of pussies. I'll go it alone. I can't side with wimpy-ass faggots.

Gunny
03-23-2018, 09:28 PM
Can't stand up to Democrats. Can't stand up to asshats spending like Dems in his own party. He caves.

But we expect him to stand up to Putin and Iran? He won't even tell that asshole Erdogan in Turkey to f- off.

Kathianne
03-23-2018, 09:31 PM
I don't know, Kath. What do you think 50 miles of fencing on a border that's 800 miles long will get you?:rolleyes: 50 miles of fence wont even get you from Brownsville to Laredo. That's like sticking a band aid on a gushing artery.

What a damned joke. And THIS is conservative spending? Somebody must have changed the definition when I wasn't looking.

And @LongTermGuy (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3378) you're damned rights it's a war and our side is a bunch of pussies. I'll go it alone. I can't side with wimpy-ass faggots.

The way I see it, we've got what all should have expected, the "GOP" is just a new version of the Dem Party, spend like water. Now Ryan and McConnell are totally aligned with the big spending.

BTW, the really tactical problem that Mattis pointed out, wasn't so much on the military spending, but how vetoing the bill after it passed both houses in bi-partisan vote, would lead to any shutdown being on Trump alone.

Congress wouldn't take the hit. That's the problem with a President that really is disengaged from a totally partisan, self-preservationist legislature. Both parties will gladly let him take the hit.

aboutime
03-23-2018, 09:34 PM
Can't stand up to Democrats. Can't stand up to asshats spending like Dems in his own party. He caves.

But we expect him to stand up to Putin and Iran? He won't even tell that asshole Erdogan in Turkey to f- off.

Nobody wants to give Trump any credit for this. Even he didn't want it, and wanted to VETO the bill. But, if he had. With the elections coming in November, where the RINO's who stabbed him in the back...MAY LOSE to dems. He only wanted to improve the Military., knowing the Dems would never give him a chance if THEY WIN.
He knows...he can't trust, or depend on Ryan, and the Dizzy Senate where they let McPAIN IN THE ASS run the show, and fight everything. So...his day will come as President, and he will make all of them wish they hadn't. TRUMP IS SMARTER THAN MOST OF THEM...Give him time.

LongTermGuy
03-23-2018, 09:39 PM
I don't know, Kath. What do you think 50 miles of fencing on a border that's 800 miles long will get you?:rolleyes: 50 miles of fence wont even get you from Brownsville to Laredo. That's like sticking a band aid on a gushing artery.

And @LongTermGuy (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3378) you're damned rights it's a war and our side is a bunch of pussies. I'll go it alone. I can't side with wimpy-ass faggots.

Absolutely Gunny ....aint got time for it...they need to find another Fox-hole to cry in...

Gunny
03-23-2018, 09:47 PM
The way I see it, we've got what all should have expected, the "GOP" is just a new version of the Dem Party, spend like water. Now Ryan and McConnell are totally aligned with the big spending.

BTW, the really tactical problem that Mattis pointed out, wasn't so much on the military spending, but how vetoing the bill after it passed both houses in bi-partisan vote, would lead to any shutdown being on Trump alone.

Congress wouldn't take the hit. That's the problem with a President that really is disengaged from a totally partisan, self-preservationist legislature. Both parties will gladly let him take the hit.And now it's going to come back on the Republicans instead. That Democratic warcry for the midterms isn't going to be "bipartisan" anything. It's going to be they stopped funding for Trump's wall and federal immigration enforcement and the btw, the Republicans spent $3T. They were in control:rolleyes:

Only a miracle will save Congress from the Dems. Guess we can forget DACA and defunding sanctuary cities. And 50 miles or repairs to the barbed-wire fence on the border? :rolleyes:

Gunny
03-23-2018, 09:59 PM
Nobody wants to give Trump any credit for this. Even he didn't want it, and wanted to VETO the bill. But, if he had. With the elections coming in November, where the RINO's who stabbed him in the back...MAY LOSE to dems. He only wanted to improve the Military., knowing the Dems would never give him a chance if THEY WIN.
He knows...he can't trust, or depend on Ryan, and the Dizzy Senate where they let McPAIN IN THE ASS run the show, and fight everything. So...his day will come as President, and he will make all of them wish they hadn't. TRUMP IS SMARTER THAN MOST OF THEM...Give him time.I have given Trump time. He honestly hasn't done anything he promised or I wanted.

Okay, you say he signed the bill to fix the military. At WHAT expense? Last time he tossed the military guilt trip at the Dems and they caved, Now he gives them everything they ever dreamed of just for that? Even more restrictions on guns?

They stall him off until after midterms and we end up with nothing but a bunch of wetbacks voting for Dems in 2020. And 50 miles of new barbed wire to replace existing fencing.

Wasn't worth it. The military is ALREADY funded to the end of the FY from the last Bill.

And it's not just Trump. It's every single RINO that f-d up Bill. Be a cold day in Hell before one of them sees a vote from me.

LongTermGuy
03-23-2018, 10:14 PM
https://media.tenor.co/images/8ea126277523bfdaa3d9d40ba5e1a480/raw

"The last time a spending bill was passed by Senate, It was taken as a suggestion and Obama spent it how he liked.There is no rule where Trump cant spend some of the 700B towards the wall by enlisting military towards building the wall. https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f643.pngIt is a spending guideline only"

Kathianne
03-23-2018, 10:27 PM
I have given Trump time. He honestly hasn't done anything he promised or I wanted.

Okay, you say he signed the bill to fix the military. At WHAT expense? Last time he tossed the military guilt trip at the Dems and they caved, Now he gives them everything they ever dreamed of just for that? Even more restrictions on guns?

They stall him off until after midterms and we end up with nothing but a bunch of wetbacks voting for Dems in 2020. And 50 miles of new barbed wire to replace existing fencing.

Wasn't worth it. The military is ALREADY funded to the end of the FY from the last Bill.

And it's not just Trump. It's every single RINO that f-d up Bill. Be a cold day in Hell before one of them sees a vote from me.

25 of House Republicans voted "No."

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/379808-25-house-republicans-defy-leadership-in-key-spending-bill-vote

23 of Senate Republicans also:

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/omnibus-spending-bill-republicans-bob-corker-rand-paul/2018/03/23/id/850407/

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 10:44 PM
I tried to tell you it was war a few weeks ago, I said "make no mistake, we are in a war." That's when I said I hate democrats and you told me I should love them.

Now I'm as disgusted with the so called republicans as I am the democrats. They can all burn in hell far as I'm concerned.

Gunny
03-23-2018, 10:45 PM
This isn't just about Trump. This is about 22 years of failure and broken promises from RINOs. Actually, RINO is a misnomer. They ARE Republican'ts. What they are NOT is conservative. They've been given the Presidency twice with a Republican majority and done exactly NOTHING but cave to Democrats. They're a bunch of weak p*ssies interested only in keeping their jobs. Not on MY vote. No more.

At least when Dems are in office I expect to get f*cked when I do.

Mark my words ... today is a MUCH bigger loss for conservatives than most realize. Yet. Guess they can whine about it in hindsight when it's too late.

Kathianne
03-23-2018, 11:05 PM
RINOs are what is now the majority of both houses and the executive. Conservatives are for less spending, more responsibility, and have a good idea of what level of government should be responsible for which expenditures. They argue for limited government, including not acting as protector for certain industries or classes of people-those would be part and parcel of the swamp.

Now the leadership is all about spending on all, protecting some businesses and groups, of course at the expense of others. No fears about retaliation from tariffs, what's so bad about trade wars? They can be great! We'll win!

Which of course is what is now going on, it's not about governing, being responsible, it's about 'winning.' Good luck in the long run.

SassyLady
03-24-2018, 01:18 AM
So I guess DC corrupts everyone after all. :dunno:

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 06:09 AM
While I'm willing to hold Trump responsible for his end of things in this bill signing - I'm also MORE than willing to hold congress responsible, and much more so. To hold the president fully responsible for this, simply because he didn't veto the bill, when republicans themselves helped it get to his desk, is just not looking at things clearly, IMO.

MANY folks in congress need to go, on BOTH sides. These folks need to actually do their jobs.

Compromise, but of course work for your side. Get something through that HELPS BOTH sides with a little compromise. And THAT is what folks get for allowing a billion and one things to get stuffed into these bills, which many many don't belong, IMO.

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 06:10 AM
This isn't just about Trump. This is about 22 years of failure and broken promises from RINOs. Actually, RINO is a misnomer. They ARE Republican'ts. What they are NOT is conservative. They've been given the Presidency twice with a Republican majority and done exactly NOTHING but cave to Democrats. They're a bunch of weak p*ssies interested only in keeping their jobs. Not on MY vote. No more.

At least when Dems are in office I expect to get f*cked when I do.

Mark my words ... today is a MUCH bigger loss for conservatives than most realize. Yet. Guess they can whine about it in hindsight when it's too late.

Keep that aspect in mind when condemning Trump for this crap. Again, YES, he has his share as he signed off, but he didn't write it and drop it on his own desk. Congress did and they ALLLLLLLLLL suck!!

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 06:25 AM
Appears we were all off in how the spending starts things for the wall. It's less than I thought, but yet more. It's more than some are claiming, but less in areas. It's not a standard bill - for now. :)

But like I said - this is NOT easy and will be very time consuming. Even the repairs to existing areas will be time consuming. And with any luck, when they start reaching the end of this funding, it will be time for new funding.

And Trump wastes no time, the beginning starts Monday already.

--

Trump says work will start on border wall Monday

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Congress gave President Donald Trump the $1.6 billion he wanted this year for his proposed "big, beautiful" border wall with Mexico but the headline number masks what he didn't get on one of his signature campaign promises. Here are some questions and answers about the wall's status:

WHAT DID TRUMP GET?

Trump got the $1.6 billion he sought for one year of funding but he wanted a long-term wall financing commitment.

In January, the administration proposed $25 billion over 10 years for the wall in a package that would have included a path to citizenship for 1.8 million young immigrants and sharp cuts to legal immigration. That effort failed.

Trump wanted to spend the $1.6 billion on 60 miles (96 kilometers) of new wall in Texas' Rio Grande Valley, the busiest corridor for illegal crossings, and 14 miles (22.4 kilometers) of replacement in San Diego.

Instead, he will get about 90 miles (144 kilometers) — more than what he sought — but the balance shifts more toward replacement wall than new miles and the money comes with strings attached.

WHAT DOES THE WALL LOOK LIKE NOW AND HOW WILL IT LOOK IN A YEAR?

Barriers currently blanket 654 miles (1,046 kilometers) of the 1,954-mile (3,126-kilometer) border. The bill will add about 33 miles (53 kilometers) in Rio Grande Valley, bringing the total to 687 miles (1,099 kilometers).

It allows 25 miles (40 kilometers) of new wall made of levees in Rio Grande Valley for $445 million. That's 3 miles (5 kilometers) less than what Trump wanted because Congress declared the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge in Texas off-limits to construction.

Congress is giving $196 million for new bollard-style barriers in Rio Grande Valley, which encompasses more than 300 miles (483 kilometers) of river and cities including Brownsville and McAllen on Texas' southern tip. That money is expected to add 8 miles (13 kilometers).

The bill sets aside $251 million to replace 14 miles (23 kilometers) in San Diego, just as Trump asked.

Rest - http://www.thecwsandiego.com/story/37799214/immigration-debate-trump-says-work-will-start-on-border-wall-monday

Kathianne
03-24-2018, 06:43 AM
Keep that aspect in mind when condemning Trump for this crap. Again, YES, he has his share as he signed off, but he didn't write it and drop it on his own desk. Congress did and they ALLLLLLLLLL suck!!

56 members of the GOP legislature did see the problem. I'm not saying they did so for principled reasons, though some may have. Some just looked beyond the immediate 'win' tally for their side, at the possible issue of another huge increase of the deficit, with few controls on the spending. "Omnibus" = big and nonspecific. The same type of uncontrolled spending caused many problems for Obama, he too thought he knew so much more.

Lots of guffaws on 'principles' and why it's pointless to bother, only cause losses. Well sometimes knowing what's right and wrong is what prevents quick gains and losses, indeed they are there to help with the tough choices. Abandoning those may cause temporary jubilation-like kids that can pull off some escapade flaunting the rules, but in the long run, may teach the reasons to have some.

well my connection is dicey and I'm getting ready for work. I've little skin in this game any longer, but it's been interesting to see at least a few folks thinking beyond smashing the 'liberals and never Trump folks, at what may happen down the road with the deficit now increasing at twice the rate it was under Obama. It's like all that money and no real products on 'shovel ready' never really hit home.

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 07:02 AM
56 members of the GOP legislature did see the problem. I'm not saying they did so for principled reasons, though some may have. Some just looked beyond the immediate 'win' tally for their side, at the possible issue of another huge increase of the deficit, with few controls on the spending. "Omnibus" = big and nonspecific. The same type of uncontrolled spending caused many problems for Obama, he too thought he knew so much more.

Lots of guffaws on 'principles' and why it's pointless to bother, only cause losses. Well sometimes knowing what's right and wrong is what prevents quick gains and losses, indeed they are there to help with the tough choices. Abandoning those may cause temporary jubilation-like kids that can pull off some escapade flaunting the rules, but in the long run, may teach the reasons to have some.

well my connection is dicey and I'm getting ready for work. I've little skin in this game any longer, but it's been interesting to see at least a few folks thinking beyond smashing the 'liberals and never Trump folks, at what may happen down the road with the deficit now increasing at twice the rate it was under Obama. It's like all that money and no real products on 'shovel ready' never really hit home.

Quite frankly? I think we are still seeing the day and age where these dirtbags solely think of themselves when it's a NATIONAL spending bill, get little things they want, get bribed, and then we all suffer.

I APPLAUD those 56 members for taking a stand, but then something like 130+ actually voted this crap through. I would have preferred either a big fat ZERO or actually having seen them work harder and a more even bill, with BOTH sides getting things they needed, NECESSARY things. I shouldn't be surprised that it once again turns to shit while congress gives themselves raises for doing shit. :(

Kathianne
03-24-2018, 07:17 AM
Quite frankly? I think we are still seeing the day and age where these dirtbags solely think of themselves when it's a NATIONAL spending bill, get little things they want, get bribed, and then we all suffer.

I APPLAUD those 56 members for taking a stand, but then something like 130+ actually voted this crap through. I would have preferred either a big fat ZERO or actually having seen them work harder and a more even bill, with BOTH sides getting things they needed, NECESSARY things. I shouldn't be surprised that it once again turns to shit while congress gives themselves raises for doing shit. :(

I've said it from the beginning of this expedient attempt to out maneuver the opposition, I understand the desire to post 'wins.' Whether 'winning against Hillary' or 'winning all the time!' Totally understandable. The problem for me is that doing the wrong things, seldom end well. Copying those that go for the quick bite and win, isn't guaranteed to give one what they hope for.

There's never been a perfect president, nor a perfect legislature. Never was either assumed, nor even anticipated. There are many reasons for the checks and balances on each level of government and even on the citizenry itself. Congress has allowed the usurpation of many of its powers to the executive for nearly a century now. Meanwhile the citizenry has become less and less educated on our system of government and why it needs to be constrained. We see it in so many young that think socialism is the answer and their parents really don't know how to argue against it.

We see it in the demands for 'impeach!' from those that appear to be vested in 'good government' whenever the opposition wins office. We see it in the demands for 'just sign the order and make 'them' eat the shit sandwich.' It's all about 'winning,' without any thought of what has already been lost.

hjmick
03-24-2018, 07:22 AM
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gofcr.com%2Fwp-content%2Fupload%2F2016%2F08%2Fbuck-stops-fb.jpg&f=1

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 07:24 AM
I've said it from the beginning of this expedient attempt to out maneuver the opposition, I understand the desire to post 'wins.' Whether 'winning against Hillary' or 'winning all the time!' Totally understandable. The problem for me is that doing the wrong things, seldom end well. Copying those that go for the quick bite and win, isn't guaranteed to give one what they hope for.

There's never been a perfect president, nor a perfect legislature. Never was either assumed, nor even anticipated. There are many reasons for the checks and balances on each level of government and even on the citizenry itself. Congress has allowed the usurpation of many of its powers to the executive for nearly a century now. Meanwhile the citizenry has become less and less educated on our system of government and why it needs to be constrained. We see it in so many young that think socialism is the answer and their parents really don't know how to argue against it.

We see it in the demands for 'impeach!' from those that appear to be vested in 'good government' whenever the opposition wins office. We see it in the demands for 'just sign the order and make 'them' eat the shit sandwich.' It's all about 'winning,' without any thought of what has already been lost.

I couldn't agree with all you said any more!

Congress is an ever growing entity, a beast, like a locomotive out of control, and it's been so long, that America and her citizenry, the majority anyway, doesn't know what to do about it, or how.

And yep, it's all about conservative vs. liberal - who wins, who can get to write the next article in the morning to try and leverage support. That's all cool and dandy at times - but at times like this, they need to actually WORK, read shit, decide what is best. Decide what they are willing to compromise on to get necessary support from the left - and for God's sake, also put the equal amount of opportunity out there for the right. EQUAL. Those writing this with others know what is equal. Those reading it know if it's equal. IF they read it. How in the world does it come down to the last day, and thousands of pages haven't been read? Shit, they ALL sound like the democrats and obamacrapcare!!!

Fire every last one of them in the house. Fire every last one of them in the senate. Fire the president and everyone in the WH.

I know ya can't, but it sure would be nice to start over the way it's meant to be. Let folks volunteer even that WANT to make their home districts better! Maybe nominal money to live and go back and forth to do their jobs. Do the same in both chambers, and have 2 term max, maybe even just 4 years. Same with the head cheese of course, who already has limits.

I KNOW that it's harder than said, but sure would be nice!

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 07:27 AM
I'm with ya, HJ, but the buck stopping here only applies when folks don't like who is in there. Not to direct that at you of course, but that's why it doesn't happen anymore.

The buck sure as hell stopped at Trump's desk, and then quickly went through.

But the days and ages of the buck stopping, probably didn't have 530+ asshole members who work for themselves and friends, to gain and hold power and make money - with little to zero interest in their constituents and home areas.

The president will be held responsible for times like this of course, as will those who voted and sent to him. That will be in the popularity and voting department. So the buck will affect all of them - and rightfully so.

Kathianne
03-24-2018, 07:33 AM
I'm with ya, HJ, but the buck stopping here only applies when folks don't like who is in there. Not to direct that at you of course, but that's why it doesn't happen anymore.

But the days and ages of the buck stopping, probably didn't have 530+ asshole members who work for themselves and friends, to gain and hold power and make money - with little to zero interest in their constituents and home areas.

The president will be held responsible for times like this of course, as will those who voted and sent to him. That will be in the popularity and voting department. So the buck will affect all of them - and rightfully so.

Fire everyone! Again, what about those whom for one reason or another, voted against this newest boondoggle? You better believe that soon, if not already, there will be talk about retaliating against those who 'didn't stand with the President to protect the military.' Primary them! Folks will either get on board or thrown over with the 'opposition.'

Change will come, just likely not to be what so many think they foresee.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-24-2018, 07:58 AM
25 of House Republicans voted "No."

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/379808-25-house-republicans-defy-leadership-in-key-spending-bill-vote

23 of Senate Republicans also:

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/omnibus-spending-bill-republicans-bob-corker-rand-paul/2018/03/23/id/850407/
Those would be "The Freedom Caucus," about the only decent, principled politicians left in Washington far as I'm concerned.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-24-2018, 08:12 AM
Congress is an ever growing entity, a beast, like a locomotive out of control, and it's been so long, that America and her citizenry, the majority anyway, doesn't know what to do about it, or how.
Convention of States.

I think that's all we have left to bring the out of control behemoth in Washington back under control.

hjmick
03-24-2018, 08:22 AM

I want you to know this about me:

Although I do not like President Trump, as person or as a politician, although I did not vote for the man, although I do not agree with the idea of the wall and many other of his policy ideas, I do not want the man to fail the country or its citizens. And I think his signing this bill does that.

I didn't want Obama to fail the country or its citizens either, but, IMO, he did so in more than one instance.

I suppose this is why I get angry and smart alecky and rude at times: disappointment.

This is the attitude I take with every President, whether I voted for them or not. What else can you do? Like it or not, whoever wins is our President...

Abbey Marie
03-24-2018, 08:33 AM
I will continue to thank the Lord he beat Hillary, and remember that he will continue to appoint conservative judges throughout the federal courts at a record rate. It was always my number one priority, and is still.

I do think that if that wall doesn't get at least partly built before 2020, Trump will be in big trouble with his base.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-24-2018, 08:35 AM
I suppose this is why I get angry and smart alecky and rude at times: disappointment.
I was JUST going to post this myself, that I'm just disgusted and disappointed beyond words with the vast majority of Washington, and Trump at the moment. I haven't completely jumped the Trump train, but I've got one foot off.

Makes me not want to even listen to the news or read any of it. Makes me want to tune the whole shit storm out, but I don't want to be uninformed either. As distasteful as it is, I still want to know what these crooks and shysters are up to. Lately though, it's actually been enough to ruin my day. I turn the news on on TV in the morning, and for 90% of the time it's on MUTE.

Abbey Marie
03-24-2018, 08:39 AM
I was JUST going to post this myself, that I'm just disgusted and disappointed beyond words with the vast majority of Washington, and Trump at the moment. I haven't completely jumped the Trump train, but I've got one foot off.

Makes me not want to even listen to the news or read any of it. Makes me want to tune the whole shit storm off, but I don't want to be uninformed either. As distasteful as it is, I still want to know what these crooks and shysters are up to. Lately though, it's actually been enough to ruin my day. I turn the news on on TV in the morning, and for 90% of the time it's on MUTE.

I always stay away from the news when I'm heartsick or disgusted about it. It's not worth raising my BP.

Black Diamond
03-24-2018, 08:39 AM

Makes me not want to even listen to the news or read any of it. Makes me want to tune the whole shit storm off, but I don't want to be uninformed either. As distasteful as it is, I still want to know what these crooks and shysters are up to. Lately though, it's actually been enough to ruin my day. I turn the news on on TV in the morning, and for 90% of the time it's on MUTE.
Here's one y'all will like

Black Diamond
03-24-2018, 08:43 AM
I will continue to thank the Lord he beat Hillary, and remember that he will continue to appoint conservative judges throughout the federal courts at a record rate. It was always my number one priority, and is still.

I do think that if that wall doesn't get at least partly built before 2020, Trump will be in big trouble with his base.
Roe will be overturned. If it took big deficits for that to happen, I'll take it.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-24-2018, 08:43 AM
I saved that, and it's going on my twitter and facebook.

Thanks BD, great pic.

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 08:46 AM

Although I do not like President Trump, as person or as a politician, although I did not vote for the man, although I do not agree with the idea of the wall and many other of his policy ideas, I do not want the man to fail the country or its citizens. And I think his signing this bill does that.

I didn't want Obama to fail the country or its citizens either, but, IMO, he did so in more than one instance.

This is the attitude I take with every President, whether I voted for them or not. What else can you do? Like it or not, whoever wins is our President...

I already knew that about you, my friend, even if I get a tad passionate at times and enjoy my sarcasm. :) I met you, I'm a damn good judge of character, and would love nothing more than to meet up again - when we have more time to spend the night getting a tad drunk. :)

Yes, same here - extremely disappointed in this whole thing, from the bottom to the top. Disappointed in the dirtbags in the house and senate, and those that would willingly help with this bill and then vote for it - and then likely condemn Trump down the road.

I TRULY believe Trump when he expressed how angry he was to have to sign this bill, and that it ain't happening again. SURE, that's an easy out with those words, but due to all the circumstances, I do believe him.

I think initially he did what he could by our military and veterans, and perhaps the best he could do in financing the wall in the short term.

But my God - did ANYONE on the right read ANYTHING? Did they willingly as a whole go along with this planned parenthood crap? It's not only the signatures that disappoint me, but what they allowed in it as well. :(

jimnyc
03-24-2018, 08:47 AM

About as true as it gets, very sadly. :(

LongTermGuy
03-24-2018, 08:52 AM
About as true as it gets, very sadly. :(

​Yep..seems that way for now...until those "special" establishment types can be rooted out..

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11319&d=1521898734

Black Diamond
03-24-2018, 09:05 AM
As I thought.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/24/take-blame-for-government-shutdown-f-that-trump-reportedly-told-aides.amp.html

Kathianne
03-24-2018, 09:09 AM

You just spoke for many. Only the fools keep harping on 'never Trump' and conflating voting with wanting decent governance.

Gunny
03-24-2018, 03:18 PM
Keep that aspect in mind when condemning Trump for this crap. Again, YES, he has his share as he signed off, but he didn't write it and drop it on his own desk. Congress did and they ALLLLLLLLLL suck!!I have not blamed just Trump for anything but signing the Bill. I hold every single Republican't who participated in writing, agreeing to and signing off on the Bill. I hold BOTH Republican'ts and Dumbo-crats responsible for pulling such a lame, wait-to-the-last-minute bullshit act that amounts to just plain dishonesty, and lack of spine then laying it on Trump to sign or take the heat. He should have taken the heat. Not doing so I put on him where it rightly belongs.

I agree with Kath that there is absolutely NO responsibility in that Bill. It's a Christmas Wish List that came true for the Dems. And this right at the beginning or gambling with our economy that we can win a trade war? I don't see THAT happening. The rest of the World will work too cheap and accept cheaper crap.

And what a bout the Dickey Bill getting scrapped? Now the CDC can "research" gun violence? Like they did cigarettes and steroids? Wonderful. Can't wait for the left propaganda machine to get hold of THAT data like they have abused other CDC data in its smear campaigns.:rolleyes:

And the Mexicans are LTAO at that "wall". So they have to walk a little further in the Texas heat to go around.

And PR? Priceless victory for the Dems.

NightTrain
03-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Well, here's my take on things.

Congress handed him a bill to sign that was horrible, of course none of us like it. It smacks of the idiot Pelosi a few years back telling everyone that we had to pass it to find out what's in it, remember that shitshow? Lunacy of the highest order from our Congress.

In the end, Trump would have been squarely blamed for the looming shutdown by killing it. We've got a pretty damned important election coming up later this year, and right now as leader of the GOP, that would definitely have been a bad factor in retaining control. Remember, the moonbats have somehow pulled off a couple of wins lately that should not have happened due to energized liberals and complacent conservatives.

I'm not happy with the bill. I think Trump should have vetoed it and sent it back, but I understand why he signed it.

I see a lot of moaning and wringing of hands all over the interwebs lately, and people who supposedly have been enjoying the last 14 months of winning are suddenly willing to throw in the towel and cry in their Cheerios over this one setback. Defeatism abounds.

I see the rising gloat of Nevertrumpers and Cruzbots perversely enjoying this setback. Bill Kristol and Jonah Goldberg have been obscenely aroused for the last few days.

Losing one battle does not mean the war is lost. It took decades to construct that swamp and it's going to take a bit more than 14 months to drain that mofo.

It reminds me of back in 2016 when Hillary was going to win (and there was absolutely no doubt, right?) and it was going to be all our fault for supporting the GOP Nominee. According to quite a few conservatives, it was going to be better to allow Hillary to win. Somehow. I never did understand the logic behind that, but whatever. I'll do me and you'll do you.

Gloom and Doom were the watchwords of the entire campaign and I was absolutely a rube, naive, a populist (??), an idiot... I was labelled lots of things for seeing the big picture. I stuck to my guns, and so did a shitload of other Americans who ignored the BS from all sides and we ended up with the best possible candidate out of the lot of them.

I think we all can agree that he's far exceeded expectations and he's still ramping up.

So with this one setback delivered by an incompetent Congress and Trump by signing it, I'll not throw in the towel and scream to the sky in impotent rage. I have faith he'll find a few nuggets in this monstrosity and continue to deliver.

I'm not willing to surrender because of one setback. That's what liberals do - wave the white flag at the first sign of trouble.

That doesn't mean we can't be frustrated & angry, but giving up and handing things over to Chuck & Nancy isn't what I'm going to do.

And before anyone here gets butthurt and starts drawing their daggers, I'm not talking about anyone here. I'm speaking in general to what I'm seeing all over the internet right now.

LongTermGuy
03-25-2018, 11:21 AM

Congress handed him a bill to sign that was horrible, of course none of us like it. It smacks of the idiot Pelosi a few years back telling everyone that we had to pass it to find out what's in it, remember that shitshow? Lunacy of the highest order from our Congress.

In the end, Trump would have been squarely blamed for the looming shutdown by killing it. We've got a pretty damned important election coming up later this year, and right now as leader of the GOP, that would definitely have been a bad factor in retaining control. Remember, the moonbats have somehow pulled off a couple of wins lately that should not have happened due to energized liberals and complacent conservatives.

I'm not happy with the bill. I think Trump should have vetoed it and sent it back, but I understand why he signed it.

I see a lot of moaning and wringing of hands all over the interwebs lately, and people who supposedly have been enjoying the last 14 months of winning are suddenly willing to throw in the towel and cry in their Cheerios over this one setback. Defeatism abounds.

I see the rising gloat of Nevertrumpers and Cruzbots perversely enjoying this setback. Bill Kristol and Jonah Goldberg have been obscenely aroused for the last few days.

Losing one battle does not mean the war is lost. It took decades to construct that swamp and it's going to take a bit more than 14 months to drain that mofo.

It reminds me of back in 2016 when Hillary was going to win (and there was absolutely no doubt, right?) and it was going to be all our fault for supporting the GOP Nominee. According to quite a few conservatives, it was going to be better to allow Hillary to win. Somehow. I never did understand the logic behind that, but whatever. I'll do me and you'll do you.

Gloom and Doom were the watchwords of the entire campaign and I was absolutely a rube, naive, a populist (??), an idiot... I was labelled lots of things for seeing the big picture. I stuck to my guns, and so did a shitload of other Americans who ignored the BS from all sides and we ended up with the best possible candidate out of the lot of them.

I think we all can agree that he's far exceeded expectations and he's still ramping up.

So with this one setback delivered by an incompetent Congress and Trump by signing it, I'll not throw in the towel and scream to the sky in impotent rage. I have faith he'll find a few nuggets in this monstrosity and continue to deliver.

I'm not willing to surrender because of one setback. That's what liberals do - wave the white flag at the first sign of trouble.

That doesn't mean we can't be frustrated & angry, but giving up and handing things over to Chuck & Nancy isn't what I'm going to do.

And before anyone here gets butthurt and starts drawing their daggers, I'm not talking about anyone here. I'm speaking in general to what I'm seeing all over the internet right now.

Well said sir...Thank you for the post.

jimnyc
03-25-2018, 11:24 AM

Spot on my friend, spot on!!

I've seen far too many "enjoying" something they can pinpoint as a loss towards Trump, and fault to blame him. But not much of acknowledging any good, of which there has been more than enough.

I'm cool with Trump, and hope in the future he spends more time in correcting congress about how they negotiate, when & how they send him shit with a govt, shutdown as the alternative.

jimnyc
03-25-2018, 12:15 PM
As pointed out, some decent things in the bill, defense spending being the best of all IMO. Reading that the Palestinians will be screwed is always music to my ears, and this for the best reason of all.

---

Pollak: Conservative Hysteria over Omnibus Is Wrong and Self-Defeating

Conservatives are understandably frustrated by the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill that President Donald Trump signed into law, under protest, on Friday.

The massive size of the bill makes a mockery of Republican promises since 2009 to restrain spending and return to balanced budget once they returned to power.

The large number of giveaways to Democratic Party projects and special interests is a sign that the Swamp is still alive and festering in the Trump era.

The fact that the 2,232-page bill was jammed down legislators’ throats with literally no time to read it shows how little has changed in Washington even after the Tea Party.

And the lack of real funding for the border wall — Trump’s core campaign promise in 2016 — suggests that Trump is “getting rolled” by both parties.

But the omnibus is not a disaster. In fact, Republicans scored many important wins.

One is the fact that the bill provides massive new spending for defense — “the largest year-to-year increase in base funding for the Department of Defense in 15 years,” according to the bill’s authors.

That funding was badly needed — and will not easily be reversed.

Military.com summarizes the highlights:

The Navy gets 14 new ships, including a carrier; the Air Force adds 56 F-35s; the Army gets 17 Apache and 11 Lakota helicopters; the Marine Corpsreceives 24 vertical landing F-35Bs; and the Coast Guard gets a long-needed icebreaker.

All the troops get funding for a 2.4 percent pay raise that took effect at the beginning of the year, with the possibility for more next year.

The Air Force also gets $103 million for the wing replacement program on the A-10 Thunderbolt as a start in what Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson said earlier this week is a plan to keep the “Warthogs” flying at least to 2030.

Most conservatives — from skeptical libertarians to hawkish neoconservatives — agree that national security is the first priority of government. The new defense spending will help the U.S. military catch up to the pace of Chinese expansion, and keep other threats in check.

Yes, there will need to be budget cuts in the future. But the new commitment to defense makes it more likely that cuts will have to come from other discretionary spending, and long-overdue entitlement reforms.

In addition, the omnibus spending bill included many riders that conservatives should applaud. Some had little chance of passing any other way.

Foremost among these is the Taylor Force Act, which will cut off most U.S. foreign aid to the Palestinian Authority unless it stops paying stipends to terrorists and their families — which it will not do.

The importance of that law cannot be overstated. It will radically shift relations between Israelis and Palestinians in Israel’s favor. It will also send a clear signal to the world that the U.S. will hold other governments responsible for supporting terrorism.

Other riders included the Fix NICS Act, a Trump administration- and National Rifle Association-backed bill that will improve the nation’s background check system for gun purchases. The bill ought to take some of the wind out of the sails of the anti-gun movement.

Another addition was a fix to the “grain glitch,” a provision in last year’s tax cut that accidentally discouraged farms from selling their produce to private buyers and favored sales to cooperatives instead.

Conservatives can also take heart from what was not included in the omnibus. The Trump administration held out against Democrat demands for full amnesty for 1.8 million “Dreamers” — i.e. illegal aliens brought into the country as minors.

Republicans also prevented the bill from giving massive subsidies to insurance companies on the Obamacare exchanges after President Trump ended the Obama administration’s payments, which had been ruled unconstitutional by a federal court last year.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/25/pollak-conservative-hysteria-omnibus-wrong-self-defeating/