PDA

View Full Version : Congress Gives Itself a Bonus in Omnibus

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 01:02 PM
I would love to know WHY? What have they done to deserve a raise? I know they have to get raises, but it still pisses me off when I read crap like this. BOTH sides suck when I read this. :(

--

Congress Gives Itself a Bonus in Omnibus

Senate increases budget by $48 million, salaries by $12 million

The House and Senate increased their own budgets in the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending package.

The Senate increased its total salaries of officers and employees by $12.6 million in the 2,232-page bill that lawmakers had fewer than 48 hours to read and vote on. The bill avoids a government shutdown that would take place at midnight on Friday.

Aside from giving their own institutions a bonus, the omnibus also gives away millions to prevent "elderly falls," promote breastfeeding, and fight "excessive alcohol use."

The legislation increases the Senate budget to $919.9 million, up $48.8 million from fiscal year 2017, according to the congressional summary of the bill.

"The increase provides funding necessary for critical modernization and upgrades of the Senate financial management system and investments in IT security," the summary states.

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives increased its budget to $1.2 billion, which is $10.9 million above 2017 levels.

Salaries of staffers in the Senate are also set for an increase. Division I of the legislation breaks down the total salaries of officers and employees, which are being raised from $182 million in 2017 to $194.8 million in the final bill, an increase of $12.58 million.

The Senate also increased its expense account, as expense allowances are going from $177,000 to $192,000, an increase of $15,000.

Rest - http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress-gives-bonus-omnibus/

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 01:20 PM
This is the kind of news you hear that just pisses you off so bad that all you can do is sit with a blank fucking stare on your face in complete disbelief. This is the kind of news that ruins your day.

I'm seriously debating on if I even want to listen to news anymore. I'm so disgusted with ALL of them I could just PUKE. I would ANY DAY rather hang out with the HELLS ANGELS or the MAFIA than politicians.

jimnyc
03-23-2018, 01:32 PM
This is the kind of news you hear that just pisses you off so bad that all you can do is sit with blank fucking stare on your face in complete disbelief. This is the kind of news that ruins your day.

I'm seriously debating on if I even want to listen to news anymore. I'm so disgusted with ALL of them I could just PUKE. I would ANY DAY rather hang out with the HELLS ANGELS or the MAFIA than politicians.

Agreed. That's why I instantly pointed to both sides. It doesn't matter to me. Reading this with just the numbers alone, and knowing the jobs they do, and WHO is in office. :(

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 01:43 PM
Agreed. That's why I instantly pointed to both sides. It doesn't matter to me. Reading this with just the numbers alone, and knowing the jobs they do, and WHO is in office. :(
You can bet your bottom dollar that BOTH parties were in on this "bonus."

These filthy sons a bitches come to Washington DC without much money at all, and their salary is nothing special, $150K a year, maybe, but yet they all somehow are able to become MILLIONAIRES in a VERY SHORT TIME, on that measly little salary... how does that happen?

High_Plains_Drifter
03-23-2018, 01:56 PM
We need TERM LIMITS... we need a CONVENTION OF STATES... of which I get updates about, and there is ever growing support for it. It IS moving forward. I'd say there's at least a 50-50 chance right now it'll happen. Let the dems take over and America go back to the likes of the obama days, and I guarantee you we'll see a convention of states. It's the states constitutional right to take on the swamp in Washington and SHUT THEM DOWN.

Gunny
03-23-2018, 03:06 PM
Congress should have to take a pay cut for the job its been doing. Half the Dems should be outright fired for being idiots anyway.

aboutime
03-23-2018, 08:50 PM
Aside from the automatic pay increases CONGRESS gets every year?

Congress, long ago decided they would get raises, across the board UNLESS someone in congress brought any objection to the Floor. So...how many POLITICIANS would do that these days???

An automatic provision is made for this pay hike each year, and is self-implementing without any specific vote by Congress (i.e., passage of the overall Treasury appropriations bill enables the raise to occur). However, Members of Congress can, by majority vote, block the pay increase from taking place.
Do Members of Congress get Automatic Pay Hikes (COLAs)?
https://www.ntu.org/ratecongress/.../do-members-of-congress-get-automatic-pay-hikes-c...

REMEMBER? Politicians only have ONE purpose. THEMSELVES.