View Full Version : Coulter: Trump doesn't need congress for wall

jimnyc
03-25-2018, 12:05 PM
And I've read similar from more than Coulter. I hope he takes some of the money somehow and uses it for national defense aka the wall. But again, the amount of time it's going to take to build the wall that starts tomorrow, and any fencing and/or fixes and upgrades, is going to take awhile. So hopefully, as progress gets started, Trump will find ways to either go it alone somehow, or redirect funding. Like how about take the money from PP and leave them with $0?

I only highlighted the Seabees as my Dad was a member long ago. It's not often you see the name mentioned. :)
--

Ann Coulter: Under the Constitution, Trump Doesn’t Need Congress to Build a Border Wall

Saturday on Fox News Channel’s “Justice,” conservative commentator Ann Coulter made the argument that President Donald Trump didn’t need Congress to have a go at building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, as he repeatedly promised during the 2016 presidential election campaign.

Coulter, frustrated by Trump’s decision to sign last week’s omnibus spending bill, said construction of such a wall was within his power as president given under the Constitution he was responsible for the country’s national defense.

“On the day after his inauguration, it’s his authority under the Constitution that cannot be taken away from him by any legislature, by any court — I’m quite confident the Supreme Court would uphold this — to defend our borders. I mean, he has — last war that had a declaration of war from Congress in it was World War II. And we engage in a lot of military actions around the world. I think it can be done right on our border for defense. Have the Seabees do it.”

Pirro replied by asking where Trump might get money to build the wall as “national defense.”

“The same place Reagan took the money to invade Grenada,” she said. The same place he took the money bomb Syria. He has money to spend on national defense. This is a much bigger problem of national defense. This our people being attacked with chemical warfare, not allegedly Syrians.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/03/24/ann-coulter-under-the-constitution-trump-doesnt-need-congress-to-build-a-border-wall/

LongTermGuy
03-25-2018, 03:22 PM
Donald J. Trump‏Verified accounthttps://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)FollowingFollowing
@realDonaldTrump

More

Because of the $700 & $716 Billion Dollars gotten to rebuild our Military, many jobs are created and our Military is again rich. Building a great Border Wall, with drugs (poison) and enemy combatants pouring into our Country, is all about National Defense. Build WALL through M!

3:33 AM - 25 Mar 2018

Ann is behind the times !!!
The Wall is all funded !!!
https://twitter.com/realDon... (https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FrealDonaldTrum p%2Fstatus%2F977855968364171264%3AXU9WHh5I_7BoLTYf 0QU6BYcVEsA&cuid=1290197)
That is how he can do it. It is an Omnibus Bill, not a Budget !!!
TRUMP was too clever to say this (before) !!!
Schumer and Pelosi were too stupid to know it !!!
Game, Set and Match !!! It is over !!!

Gunny
03-27-2018, 01:47 PM
I actually think Coulter has a point. Our border IS part of the National Defense and the President is THE primary person responsible for ensuring it.

Black Diamond
03-27-2018, 02:14 PM
He should go it alone like Obama did.

Gunny
03-27-2018, 04:38 PM
He should go it alone like Obama did.What Obama did was unconstitutional. I'm not for THAT at all. I'm all for him taking Coulter's "definition" of National Defense and running with it because it is both true AND Constitutional.

It doesn't always take lowering one's self to the level of the ones you despise to defeat them. You have to be smarter.

Black Diamond
03-27-2018, 06:46 PM
What Obama did was unconstitutional. I'm not for THAT at all. I'm all for him taking Coulter's "definition" of National Defense and running with it because it is both true AND Constitutional.

It doesn't always take lowering one's self to the level of the ones you despise to defeat them. You have to be smarter.
You're not into vengeance.

Gunny
03-27-2018, 07:23 PM
You're not into vengeance.I'm into completely destroying my opposition. Defeating the Dems using the law IS vengeance.

Black Diamond
03-27-2018, 10:57 PM
I'm into completely destroying my opposition. Defeating the Dems using the law IS vengeance.
Do you feel vindictive when destroying them?

High_Plains_Drifter
03-28-2018, 08:23 AM
Do you feel vindictive when destroying them?
I'd feel happy.

Black Diamond
03-28-2018, 10:58 AM
I'd feel happy.
Same here. There's just a part of me that wants the left to squeal about trump being a dictator after Ossiah went alone over and over again. Course if he does what coulter suggests, they will say that anyway.

Gunny
03-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Do you feel vindictive when destroying them?Power comes with a price tag. The power of life and death comes with two. Your enemy's life and your soul. Better be in the right before you sit down on the trigger because YOU have to live with the results.

Gunny
03-28-2018, 12:06 PM
I'd feel happy.

Same here. There's just a part of me that wants the left to squeal about trump being a dictator after Ossiah went alone over and over again. Course if he does what coulter suggests, they will say that anyway.Destroying them with the law and righteousness is the best revenge. It however is a piss-poor goal in and of itself.

Them losing is the goal. Preferably incapable of further resistance. Then you don't have to talk anything. Just showing up and them knowing you know is enough.

Black Diamond
03-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Destroying them with the law and righteousness is the best revenge. It however is a piss-poor goal in and of itself.

Them losing is the goal. Preferably incapable of further resistance. Then you don't have to talk anything. Just showing up and them knowing you know is enough.
In a way, the result is the same. Some leftist judge will say trump
is breaking the law by building it.

Gunny
03-28-2018, 03:19 PM
In a way, the result is the same. Some leftist judge will say trump
is breaking the law by building it.An issue all unto itself that needs to be addressed instead of the Supreme Court just blowing it off to linger in the system for years. That was a BS decision by the SC.

The President should have a legal path outside the jurisdiction of courts lower than his office. As it stands, it's like saying as the Commandant of the Marine Corps, I cannot implement policy because Lance Corporal Schmuckatelli at Camp Swampy Doodle has a Base Order that says I can't do it.

Elessar
03-28-2018, 06:29 PM
It is within his position as Commander-in-Chief, to ensure the security and integrity of our
nation and the borders of it.

It is done at sea - USCG High Endurance Cutter patrol regularly.

It is done at International airports in the USA for incoming domestic flights.
(Yeah...still needs some tweaking with the TSA, but it is better than nothing).

If border security is not a defense issue, then what is it, liberals?

Why don't liberals that want illegal immigrants to be allowed invite the
border jumpers into their homes and support them?

This guy was deported, but came back and shot a female deputy, one that I know.
Is this what liberals want?

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2018/mar/26/previously-declared-mentally-incompetent-accused-f/