PDA

View Full Version : We'll Just Vote Them Out Won't Work in Congress

Gunny
03-25-2018, 05:10 PM
I keep hearing this. Every time Congress pisses us off, same old line: "We'll just vote them out." Was it just that simple. There is no instant nor even quick fix.

So every one targets their favorite idiot incumbent. That in and of itself is hit-n-miss. Let's say we unanimously agree Ryan and McConnell have to go. There are no Teddy Roosevelt's waiting to take their places. just more McConnell's and Ryan's. Representatives and Senators who started on the bottom rung of the "Good Ol' Boy" ladder where they train for YEARS in "go along to get along to get seniority. By the time they get it, they are well-trained monkeys like the ones we have.

I also keep hearing this "deep state" crap being mixed in. The "deep state" (bureaucracy) IS an issue, but a separate one. The bureaucracy is the "machine" that makes the government tick. A faceless, nameless good ol' boy network all unto itself. The only real ties it has to active lawmakers (or inactive, as you prefer) is that the majority are Dems/lefties and support the Dems. Until crossed.

Monica Lewinsky is a perfect example that they'll turn on a Dem as quick as a Republican if threatened. Clinton pissed off Linda Tripp, a part of the "deep state". She was a typical nosy, gossiping old biddy all full of herself working in DC and Clinton got her reassigned to a lower profile job. Odds are good had he not done that, we'd never have heard of Monica. Linda Tripp was NOT a "good guy", nor was Clinton-Lewisnky discovered by any masterful detective work. Tripp had some info she used to get payback. That's just a basic example of how the political circle within the political circle works. I watched it in action for several years. I had to volunteer to go back to a deploying unit to get away from the asylum.

The rules themselves are designed to keep the people out, and as powerless as possible while making them believe the opposite is true. In a perfect world, we could vote out the RINOs and replace them with who we want. Aside from the aforementioned starting at the bottom, the established Congressmen will keep them down if they don't conform. Run on whatever platform you want. When you get o DC, reality sets in. You follow established rules or get swallowed. The more money you can bring in, the more bones get tossed to you. Or you can hang out until you're a cadaver and hope enough people die before you do that you get somewhere. How old is Bernie?

THEN, you have to maintain the seats for your party. Once a Dem gets a seat, crowbars can't pry them out. That means agreeing across the board BEFOREHAND who gets the votes/support. The Republican't's can't even agree on a budget, much less a concerted effort to oust the established old-timers and replace them with younger/more intelligent/braver conservatives. The aforementioned relics fro the 90s tried to blow the Presidency, and still are.

The Dems are losers and losing despite themselves and definitely not because of anything the Republicans have done. Not going to last forever. They just got a BIG boost and PF coup with the budget.

jimnyc
03-26-2018, 09:25 AM
I keep hearing this. Every time Congress pisses us off, same old line: "We'll just vote them out." Was it just that simple. There is no instant nor even quick fix.

That's what's funny about the kids and their little march. The already proclaim that many in congress are shaking in their boots. LOL

Abbey Marie
03-26-2018, 10:03 AM
Things to mull, certainly.

Not a panacea, but term limits can help somewhat.

Thanks for the thoughtfully composed post.

Elessar
03-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Things to mull, certainly.

Not a panacea, but term limits can help somewhat.

Thanks for the thoughtfully composed post.

I have mixed feelings on Term Limits.

On the one hand, there could be 'new blood' taking a seat every X number of years.

Yet, on the other hand, out go some who have level-headed experience and carry-over from
years of Faithful service.

It is a tough call!