PDA

View Full Version : US expels 60 Russian diplomats, shutters Seattle consulate

jimnyc
03-26-2018, 09:33 AM
Bye Bye commies. :)

--

US expels 60 Russian diplomats, shutters Seattle consulate

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration expelled 60 Russian diplomats on Monday and ordered Russia's consulate in Seattle to close, as the United States and European nations sought to jointly punish Moscow for its alleged role in poisoning an ex-spy in Britain.

Senior Trump administration officials said all 60 Russians were spies working in the U.S. under diplomatic cover, including a dozen at Russia's mission to the United Nations. The officials said the administration was taking the action to send a message to Russia's leaders about the "unacceptably high" number of Russian intelligence operatives in the U.S

The expelled Russians will have seven days to leave the U.S, said the officials. They weren't authorized to be identified by name and requested anonymity. They added that the Seattle consulate is a counter-intelligence concern because of its proximity to a U.S. Navy base.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the actions would make the U.S. safer by "reducing Russia's ability to spy on Americans and to conduct covert operations" that threaten U.S. national security.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/poland-summons-russias-ambassador-over-spy-case-123355904.html

Drummond
03-26-2018, 10:46 AM
Bye Bye commies. :)

--

US expels 60 Russian diplomats, shutters Seattle consulate

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration expelled 60 Russian diplomats on Monday and ordered Russia's consulate in Seattle to close, as the United States and European nations sought to jointly punish Moscow for its alleged role in poisoning an ex-spy in Britain.

Senior Trump administration officials said all 60 Russians were spies working in the U.S. under diplomatic cover, including a dozen at Russia's mission to the United Nations. The officials said the administration was taking the action to send a message to Russia's leaders about the "unacceptably high" number of Russian intelligence operatives in the U.S

The expelled Russians will have seven days to leave the U.S, said the officials. They weren't authorized to be identified by name and requested anonymity. They added that the Seattle consulate is a counter-intelligence concern because of its proximity to a U.S. Navy base.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the actions would make the U.S. safer by "reducing Russia's ability to spy on Americans and to conduct covert operations" that threaten U.S. national security.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/poland-summons-russias-ambassador-over-spy-case-123355904.html

It's a very impressive tally. Grateful thanks are due to President Trump ... he's really come through for us.

We have reports - as your own link also shows - of concerted action taken by various other countries. I believe Ukraine expelled the second highest number ... 13 'diplomats'.

I always knew Ukraine, and her cause, were well worth supporting ! They're proving to be good friends to us.

I also think we can all safely conclude that the evidence against Russia has been circulated and is totally convincing, for all these expulsions to have taken place. I'm sure the OPCW will do little more than rubber-stamp the legitimacy of holding Russia to account for the chemical attack, on foreign soil, in a civilian environment, against citizens living here in the UK.

mundame
03-26-2018, 08:38 PM
Well, for once I am pleasantly surprised about politicians!

I did not think that anything would really come of the objections to Russia throwing around Polonium and nerve gas in London to show it's own citizens it was a bad idea to become spies -----

But for once I was wrong. FOURTEEN COUNTRIES incl. the U.S. and Canada and a LOT of European countries are now expelling Russian diplomats!!

Okay, I'm impressed. That was a whole lot more than I could have imagined happening. It's a strong statement that Europe and its allies don't want, for God's sake, Russia poisoning whomever it wants on their territories! It's really next door to war ---- or diplomatic freeze-out, anyway.

That Putin ---- I don't like him after all.

I bet Trump feels much the same. Putin is a user. A bluffer. Probably Trump can deal with that type -- Kim Jong Il is another --- as well as anyone could. Good start.

I'd give 25 cents to know who thought of this good idea of everyone uniting to exclude these rotten Russkies.