PDA

View Full Version : WashPost: Trump Privately Pushing Military to Fund Wall

jimnyc
03-27-2018, 03:36 PM
If they were to make this happen, that would be great and much more funding. And it should be pure funding alone. And this won't be taking money from "men and women in uniform" as dickhead Schumer claims.

---

WashPost: Trump Privately Pushing Military to Fund Wall

President Donald Trump has been privately trying to get the military to pay for his proposed wall on the US-Mexico border, The Washington Post reports.

Trump reportedly began floating the idea of the Pentagon funding the wall's construction due to a "national security" risk after legislators appropriated just $1.6 billion of the $25 billion Trump wanted for the wall in the recent spending bill, according to anonymous sources.

On Sunday, Trump tweeted:

https://i.imgur.com/uxaW5Tp.png

The president, after mentioning his idea to several advisers, then told House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., according to multiple unnamed people with knowledge of their meeting on Wednesday at the White House residence.

Ryan reportedly had little reaction to Trump's suggestion, which senior Capitol Hill officials described as unlikely to happen

"First Mexico was supposed to pay for it, then U.S. taxpayers, and now our men and women in uniform? This would be a blatant misuse of military funds and tied up in court for years. Secretary Mattis ought not bother and instead use the money to help our troops, rather than advance the president's political fantasies," Senate Minority Leader Chuck. Schumer, D-N.Y., told the Post in a statement.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-military-border-wall-funding/2018/03/27/id/851064/

Gunny
03-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Schumer is wrong, IMO. The one thing he got correct is his threat to tie it up in the courts for years. That is the left's MO to a "t". I think he would be hard-pressed to argue against using the military to provide for our National Defense that is the military's primary mission. Duh :slap:

I also think it's completely withing the realm of National Defense to protect our sovereign border. That IS what it's there for, right?

AND ... if you were to ask ME ... the Dem's/left's flagrant abuse/misuse of the judiciary to stall progress on ANY issue should be considered a matter of National security and addressed by the Supreme Court whether or not it wants to deal with it. Shoveling that DACA shit back downstairs is lame, and just delaying the inevitable.