PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Challenge For Every Member Of This Board....

Pale Rider
08-19-2007, 12:36 AM
This is the deal... lately the board has been a plethora of sarcasism, personal insults and bullshit. Here is my challenge and why... it is my contention that the board liberals start the majority of smart ass, mouth talk on this board. I WANT TO PROVE IT, and now is the time to prove it. My challenge is this...

... THE BOARDS MEMBERS WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY AND ALL SACASTIC COMMENTS THAT ARE PERSONAL ATTACKS IN NATURE. THE FIRST PERSON TO POST A SMART ASS COMMENT THAT IS DIRECTED TO ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER, THE REST OF THE BOARD WILL VOTE ON WHETHER OR NOT THAT PERSON SHOULD BE BANNED... PERMANENTLY!

This is put up or shut up time. I have said for a long time now, "I give what I get," and I'm willing to prove that.

Now, who's got the balls to take this challenge?

actsnoblemartin
08-19-2007, 12:44 AM
I will take the challenge.

sign me up

Pale Rider
08-19-2007, 12:50 AM
I will take the challenge.

sign me up

I had no doubt you would brother. By responding, you're signed up. So am I.

Well find out who starts the shit talk here one way or the other.

Missileman
08-19-2007, 08:26 AM
This is the deal... lately the board has been a plethora of sarcasism, personal insults and bullshit. Here is my challenge and why... it is my contention that the board liberals start the majority of smart ass, mouth talk on this board. I WANT TO PROVE IT, and now is the time to prove it. My challenge is this...

... THE BOARDS MEMBERS WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY AND ALL SACASTIC COMMENTS THAT ARE PERSONAL ATTACKS IN NATURE. THE FIRST PERSON TO POST A SMART ASS COMMENT THAT IS DIRECTED TO ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER, THE REST OF THE BOARD WILL VOTE ON WHETHER OR NOT THAT PERSON SHOULD BE BANNED... PERMANENTLY!

This is put up or shut up time. I have said for a long time now, "I give what I get," and I'm willing to prove that.

I like the idea, but there are a couple problems with it.

1. There needs to be a very specific definition of what constitutes an insult.

2. Fuck the vote...that'd just be a popularity contest. Break the agreement...get banned. I nominate Jeff to be the judge of whether the agreement has been broken.

Pale Rider
08-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I like the idea, but there are a couple problems with it.

1. There needs to be a very specific definition of what constitutes an insult.
A derogatory comment or insult aimed specifically at a person and not the subject.

2. Fuck the vote...that'd just be a popularity contest. Break the agreement...get banned. I nominate Jeff to be the judge of whether the agreement has been broken.
Isn't voting the American way? I can't see as how anything but a vote would be fair. A board judge could act like a dictator and ignore the majority. You know, kind of like bush does about the border and what the American people want.

OCA
08-19-2007, 08:56 AM

I just fucked waterrescuefag up sarcastically, wanna vote on me?

Pale you know I love ya but this is foolish.

Missileman
08-19-2007, 09:13 AM
A derogatory comment or insult aimed specifically at a person and not the subject.

Isn't voting the American way? I can't see as how anything but a vote would be fair. A board judge could act like a dictator and ignore the majority. You know, kind of like bush does about the border and what the American people want.

When it comes to matters of guilty/not guilty, it isn't left up to a vote, it's left to a judge or jury. The jury's decision has to be unanimous. I doubt that requiring the vote to be unanimous would accomplish anything. I trust a few of the people here to be unbiased judges, hence why I nominated Jeff.

shattered
08-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Not to be a smartass, but..

Once everyone's been voted on, and the vote is unanimous, just two questions:

1) Who are y'all going to fight with when they're all banned?

2) How are you going to get staff to ban them in the first place?

Pale Rider
08-19-2007, 09:34 AM

There's only one way you'd ever be up for a ban in the first place, and that's to be a smart ass.

It was just an idea, because it's my contention that it's the board liberals that START 99% of the board flame wars. I was looking for some way to prove it.

Pale Rider
08-19-2007, 09:34 AM

You're out som bitch... take a fucking hike... :laugh2:

Gunny
08-19-2007, 09:35 AM
There's only one way you'd ever be up for a ban in the first place, and that's to be a smart ass.

It was just an idea, because it's my contention that it's the board liberals that START 99% of the board flame wars. I was looking for some way to prove it.

As a certifiable smartass, I'm not sure I like this thread.:laugh2:

shattered
08-19-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm pretty sure things would be better without RSR and NM, but they both claim conservatism..tho, one of them is lying.

82Marine89
08-19-2007, 09:51 AM

Pale, I bet if everyone placed NM on ignore we wouldn't have to do this. RSR doesn't seem to have returned from his 24 hour vacation, so he is becoming a non-issue.

Gunny
08-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Pale, I bet if everyone placed NM on ignore we wouldn't have to do this. RSR doesn't seem to have returned from his 24 hour vacation, so he is becoming a non-issue.

RSR just doesn't do weekends, IIRC. You could be right, but I'd hold off getting your hopes up a few days.

Pale Rider
08-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Well I don't want to name names, but there's a few liberals here that love to talk shit. They also like to blame all the shit talk on us board conservatives. The problem with that is 99% of the time it's the liberals that "start" it. I've always said that "I give what I get." And I'm willing to prove it.

Maybe we should have a section where we could start a thread each time someone talked shit to another person that is nothing more than a "personal attack," and then we could start adding it up. That would certainly show WHO here "starts" talking the most "personal" shit.

Talk all the shit you want "on topic," but as soon as it turns personal, you'll be exposed.

waterrescuedude2000
08-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Well I don't want to name names, but there's a few liberals here that love to talk shit. They also like to blame all the shit talk on us board conservatives. The problem with that is 99% of the time it's the liberals that "start" it. I've always said that "I give what I get." And I'm willing to prove it.

Maybe we should have a section where we could start a thread each time someone talked shit to another person that is nothing more than a "personal attack," and then we could start adding it up. That would certainly show WHO here "starts" talking the most "personal" shit.

Talk all the shit you want "on topic," but as soon as it turns personal, you'll be exposed.

I think that we should all just debate like civilized adults! But Oca likes to call people racist when they arent

OCA
08-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I think that we should all just debate like civilized adults! But Oca likes to call people racist when they arent

LOL, ask around slick, i'm the most honest and calls em as they are member of this board. If I say you are a racist then you are a racist, accept it and move on.

LiberalNation
08-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Sure, betcha pale and OCA are the firstt o go with this new system.

glockmail
08-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm pretty sure things would be better without RSR and NM, but they both claim conservatism..tho, one of them is lying. Looks like we just got our first insult right there.

glockmail
08-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I think that we should all just debate like civilized adults! But Oca likes to call people racist when they arent Insult #2!

glockmail
08-19-2007, 12:48 PM
.... [1]My challenge is this...

THE BOARDS MEMBERS WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY AND ALL SACASTIC COMMENTS THAT ARE PERSONAL ATTACKS IN NATURE. THE FIRST PERSON TO POST A SMART ASS COMMENT THAT IS DIRECTED TO ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER, THE REST OF THE BOARD WILL VOTE ON WHETHER OR NOT THAT PERSON SHOULD BE BANNED... PERMANENTLY!

.... [2]F--- the vote...that'd just be a popularity contest. Break the agreement...get banned. I nominate Jeff to be the judge of whether the agreement has been broken.

[3]A derogatory comment or insult aimed specifically at a person and not the subject.

1. Count me in.
2. I second the nomination. Jeff's always been fair.
3. Good definition.

shattered
08-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Looks like we just got our first insult right there.

Here's the fun part about this little contest - If I get banned, I don't give a flying rip. :)

glockmail
08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Here's the fun part about this little contest - If I get banned, I don't give a flying rip. :) You mean your life does not revolve around this forum? :laugh2:

OCA
08-19-2007, 01:08 PM

I'll betcha my life that I continue to be as I have always been and i'll never get banned.

LiberalNation
08-19-2007, 01:09 PM
true dat but I was talking "if" the mods took pale up on his proposal.

truthmatters
08-19-2007, 01:14 PM
http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=104493#post104493

This is an example of Pale Rider attacking FIRST!

You dont even know yourself do you PR?

gabosaurus
08-19-2007, 02:51 PM
As usual, Pale is full of shit. He is unable to put together a good argument, so he wants to ban everyone he doesn't agree with.

Also, Pale knows that the membership of this forum is overwhelmingly conservative. The staff is totally conservative. The "vote" would be decided before it was ever taken.

Give it up and go back to the ice cream truck.

manu1959
08-19-2007, 03:10 PM

that was pretty sarcastic.....

Sitarro
08-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Damn, I'm in trouble with this....... the thing I like most about posting on this board is BEING a sarcastic shit....... what am I suppose to do?

jimnyc
08-20-2007, 06:25 AM
In theory, I think this would be a fun idea. Would be interesting to see how long people can go without posting as themselves. I'd probably have to be banned within an hour or 2 though!

I don't think this is something the board would want to support though. I do believe, in my experience, that out of all the arguments and personal comments over the years, more were started by liberals. BUT, it has always been a majority conservative board. That's not to say that it makes it right for ANYONE to be the instigator but I think some liberals immediately jump to the defensive before having a reason to do so.

And Gabby is right, with this being a mainly conservative board, the voting would be skewered and liberals would never get a fair shake within that system. And although Jeff is the most impartial and fair person I've had the pleasure of knowing on these boards over the years, I don't think it would be fair to put him, or anyone, into that position.

I don't want to see anyone banned, and certainly not for an offense that is not against the board's rules. Besides, the sarcasm and insults are a part of what makes up this community. "We" make up this community, and "We" should post as if we're talking amongst friends. I can only speak for myself, but if I'm at a bar talking to Jackass aka Chuck, and he told me he didn't believe in the war on terror, I would probably say to him "You stupid fuck, drink your Bass Beer and leave the conversation to those of us with remaining brain cells!" That's who I am, that's how I'll post. I'd much rather post amongst people being themselves than with people stepping on eggshells and posting as if they are writing an article for the local paper. The "personalities" of everyone posting is what sets things apart and makes things more fun and interesting. I'm not advocating people breaking the rules regarding incessant flaming, but making it clear that sarcasm and jabs come with the territory on political boards. So long as lines aren't crossed of course!

diuretic
08-20-2007, 06:43 AM
I'd prefer a Fuller's London Pride but never mind :laugh2:

5stringJeff
08-20-2007, 08:47 AM
In theory, I think this would be a fun idea. Would be interesting to see how long people can go without posting as themselves. I'd probably have to be banned within an hour or 2 though!

I don't think this is something the board would want to support though. I do believe, in my experience, that out of all the arguments and personal comments over the years, more were started by liberals. BUT, it has always been a majority conservative board. That's not to say that it makes it right for ANYONE to be the instigator but I think some liberals immediately jump to the defensive before having a reason to do so.

And Gabby is right, with this being a mainly conservative board, the voting would be skewered and liberals would never get a fair shake within that system. And although Jeff is the most impartial and fair person I've had the pleasure of knowing on these boards over the years, I don't think it would be fair to put him, or anyone, into that position.

I don't want to see anyone banned, and certainly not for an offense that is not against the board's rules. Besides, the sarcasm and insults are a part of what makes up this community. "We" make up this community, and "We" should post as if we're talking amongst friends. I can only speak for myself, but if I'm at a bar talking to Jackass aka Chuck, and he told me he didn't believe in the war on terror, I would probably say to him "You stupid fuck, drink your Bass Beer and leave the conversation to those of us with remaining brain cells!" That's who I am, that's how I'll post. I'd much rather post amongst people being themselves than with people stepping on eggshells and posting as if they are writing an article for the local paper. The "personalities" of everyone posting is what sets things apart and makes things more fun and interesting. I'm not advocating people breaking the rules regarding incessant flaming, but making it clear that sarcasm and jabs come with the territory on political boards. So long as lines aren't crossed of course!

Yeah, what he said...

But thank you for the votes of confidence, everyone. :)

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:25 AM
..... I'm not advocating people breaking the rules regarding incessant flaming, but making it clear that sarcasm and jabs come with the territory on political boards. So long as lines aren't crossed of course!

I don't think Pale is complaining of sarcasm and jabs. I do that to him incessantly and he pos reps me for it!

I think the issue is flamming and bad-intentioned insults, especially as part of a political discussion. My experience is that about 1/2 of all Liberals on this board usually start it as soon as their argument falls flat, which if early and often.

For instance I joined another board 2-3 weeks ago with a mostly liberal membership and I have yet to be engaged in a real debate. Nearly every legitimate point I make is met with dismissal, insults or ROTFL smilies. I've responded unemotionally with logic and facts, but frankly I'm wore out with it and will likely quit in a day or so.:pee:

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 05:00 PM
arent you the person that threatened physical violence in real life against a couple of members on the board?. If we are gonna ban anyone, you would be first on my list.

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 05:02 PM
No, you use the word as a weapon, and in fact, nobody asked you what you thought of him, or anyone else personally, so why dont you do us all a favor, and keep your personal opinions, of others to yourself, because most of us dont give a dam, what you think about other board members.

LOL, ask around slick, i'm the most honest and calls em as they are member of this board. If I say you are a racist then you are a racist, accept it and move on.

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
I wanna hear your political opinions, but you act like one of the biggest jerks, ive seen on a message board, by threatening people, calling names, and throwing out the racist card, I really hope one day, you threaten the wrong person, and you get your ass kicked so bad, you finally quit acting like a punk.

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Dont worry about oca, nobody asked his opinion about other board members, he is a giant turd, in the middle of my lunch. Meaning, he is one of the most unpleasant, vitriolic, wastes of space, i have ever seen.

Hey oca, i only call it like i see it too

emmett
08-20-2007, 05:10 PM

Hey PR, having a board where everyone agreed with everything and everyone was warm and fuzzy would be about as exiting as a dose of Sominex brother.

Trying to get the board a bit more civil is indeed a good idea. I liked the one about when anyone goes to the namecalling and stuff they are instantly whisked away to a cage where they can piss all over each other and not disrupt the goings on. I'm sure that would be a techno nightmare for Jim.

I have to say, you are right about the intentions of the youngsters......I mean Liberals. they do sem to start the most crap. Namecalling though, I have to admit I called someone an ass the other day when they talked about the rape thing. I usually don't do that. It even got Gunsters attention.

In closing..........Good idea...........Bad resolve!

Have a good one brother!

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 05:16 PM
I think the joke about rape, was in poor taste, but I think its a very close call.

It was out of line, but it was intended to be insulting, not demeoning.

its always a fine line.

I found it funny at first, but then not so much, because rape jokes are crossing the line a bit to insult any woman.

You can call her names, but rape, just crosses the common decency boundary, i still love the dude who made the joke, hes my best friend :)

emmett
08-20-2007, 05:20 PM
As usual, Pale is full of shit. He is unable to put together a good argument, so he wants to ban everyone he doesn't agree with.

Also, Pale knows that the membership of this forum is overwhelmingly conservative. The staff is totally conservative. The "vote" would be decided before it was ever taken.

Hey Gabby.....(emmett looks for anyone that may be listening) lean over here and I'll tell you a little secret. Quickly now before anyone hears us....

There are 2 Liberals and a Libertarian Admins.......just so you, OK. Shhhh!!! Don't tell anybody though.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Dont worry about oca, nobody asked his opinion about other board members, he is a giant turd, in the middle of my lunch. Meaning, he is one of the most unpleasant, vitriolic, wastes of space, i have ever seen.

Hey oca, i only call it like i see it too He grows on you.

OCA
08-20-2007, 06:58 PM
arent you the person that threatened physical violence in real life against a couple of members on the board?. If we are gonna ban anyone, you would be first on my list.

Yeah I was, problem?

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 06:56 AM

I'll take that bet. Will you?

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 06:58 AM
I don't think Pale is complaining of sarcasm and jabs. I do that to him incessantly and he pos reps me for it!

I think the issue is flamming and bad-intentioned insults, especially as part of a political discussion. My experience is that about 1/2 of all Liberals on this board usually start it as soon as their argument falls flat, which if early and often.

For instance I joined another board 2-3 weeks ago with a mostly liberal membership and I have yet to be engaged in a real debate. Nearly every legitimate point I make is met with dismissal, insults or ROTFL smilies. I've responded unemotionally with logic and facts, but frankly I'm wore out with it and will likely quit in a day or so.:pee:

You're partly right. It is the sarcasm, jabs, and bad intentioned insults "AS" personal attacks that are out of control.

LiberalNation
08-21-2007, 07:03 AM
I'll take that bet. Will you?
Can't they wont use your system

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Can't they wont use your system

Then why did you say you wanted to bet?

Whatever... then just between you and I, I'll bet you that I can go without saying anything "personally" bad to you, if you can go without saying anything "personally" bad to me. First one to attack the other "personally," *WITHOUT PROVOCATION,* gets banned.

I extend this challenge to anyone that will take it.

LiberalNation
08-21-2007, 07:46 AM
I'll take it but the person who looses wont get banned so I don't see the point.

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I'll take it but the person who looses wont get banned so I don't see the point.

Well isn't this a surprize. You have more guts than anybody else on the board. I didn't expect that. You can at least be proud of that.

I don't suppose either of us will get banned, but having one less person on the board making a commitment not to make shitty personal cracks at another is a pleasant relief.

Then it's on. I won't say anything personally nasty to you, unless you say something personally nasty to me first.

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 02:14 PM

You are one of the worst offenders. You couldn't even get through this post without making a "personal" attack on me. You can't argue facts with me, or anybody else here for that matter, so you make "personal" attacks. THAT is what you LIBERALS do, and you're afraid that if my challenge was implemented, I'd PROVE it.

So sliver back to your snake pit viper. You've pissed off just about as many people here as LN's burning American flag did, and all your bans proves it. You're a shitty old fat ass hag with a problem, and stop molesting those little girls. You're supposed to be helping them, no fingering them.

gabosaurus
08-21-2007, 05:36 PM
That having been said, I am still not the dude who drives the ice cream truck through the school yard. I have not yet managed to totally fuck my life up, to the point where the only point left to my existence is to post fucked up ultra right wing comments. So go peddle your push up pops and leave everyone else alone.

actsnoblemartin
08-22-2007, 02:48 AM
are you kidding me?. Pale is one the wisest men on this board, if this were star wars, he would be the old green guy, cause he is that smart, no im not calling him old

Show some respect gabo.

Pale is awesome :salute:

That having been said, I am still not the dude who drives the ice cream truck through the school yard. I have not yet managed to totally fuck my life up, to the point where the only point left to my existence is to post fucked up ultra right wing comments. So go peddle your push up pops and leave everyone else alone.

glockmail
08-22-2007, 07:33 AM
That having been said, I am still not the dude who drives the ice cream truck through the school yard. I have not yet managed to totally fuck my life up, to the point where the only point left to my existence is to post fucked up ultra right wing comments. So go peddle your push up pops and leave everyone else alone. No you've just managed to fuck it up to the point where you spew ultra left wing garbage and refuse to take responsibility for it when proven wrong.:pee:

glockmail
08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Well isn't this a surprize. You have more guts than anybody else on the board. I didn't expect that. You can at least be proud of that.

I don't suppose either of us will get banned, but having one less person on the board making a commitment not to make shitty personal cracks at another is a pleasant relief.

Then it's on. I won't say anything personally nasty to you, unless you say something personally nasty to me first.
She's a tough little biddy. In another 10 or 20 years she might get it all together and be a hot babe.

nevadamedic
08-22-2007, 07:47 AM

You might want to take a step or two back, im not even dumb enough to call out Pale.:slap:

PostmodernProphet
08-22-2007, 09:45 AM
THE BOARDS MEMBERS WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY AND ALL SACASTIC COMMENTS THAT ARE PERSONAL ATTACKS IN NATURE.

well.....that went well.......

Pale Rider
08-22-2007, 12:29 PM
well.....that went well.......

You noticed. I hope you also noticed "who" is "always" first with the personal insults.

1.) Gabby
2.) Obama

gabosaurus
08-22-2007, 03:45 PM
unnecessary