PDA

View Full Version : ANALYSIS: Constitution Compels Sessions Dismiss Mueller From Non-Campaign Cases

High_Plains_Drifter
03-28-2018, 12:52 PM
I still think Sessions is a little gutless worm, and the pressure on him to FIRE Mueller, and/or reign him in is growing by the day...

ANALYSIS: Constitution Compels Sessions Dismiss Mueller From Non-Campaign Cases

Paul Manafort‘s legal team brought a motion to dismiss on Tuesday, noting that Rosenstein could not appoint Mueller to any investigation outside the scope of the 2016 campaign since Sessions did not recuse himself for anything outside the campaign. I agree with this take on Mueller’s authority. If we follow that argument that would mean Sessions himself has exclusive authority to appoint a special counsel for non-collusion charges, and Sessions has taken no such action. Sessions himself should make that clear to Mueller, rather than await court resolution. Doing so would remove three of the four areas of inquiry from Mueller’s requested interview with President Trump.

Sessions formally notifying Mueller that he does not have authority to act outside of campaign-related cases and cases related to obstruction of Mueller’s investigation would be doing what the Constitution compels: enforcing the Appointments Clause of the Constitution. Additionally, Sessions notifying Mueller that he does not have authority to act outside of campaign-related cases would be exercising Sessions’ court-recognized Constitutional obligation to “direct and supervise litigation” conducted by the Department of Justice. Furthermore, Sessions notifying Mueller that he does not have authority to act outside of campaign-related cases protects against the inappropriate use of the federal grand jury that defendant Manafort now rightly complains about.

Sessions limiting Mueller to the 2016 campaign would also be restoring confidence in democratic institutions, and restore public faith that democratically elected officials.

Read more here: https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/constitution-jeff-sessions-dismiss-robert-mueller-non-campaign-cases/

Gunny
03-28-2018, 03:38 PM
Seems to me Sessions could easily change the scope of the investigation to include ALL "Russian collusion" to include the Democratic Party and affiliates, the DOJ and FBI since he's not discovered anything YET.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-28-2018, 04:09 PM
Seems to me Sessions could easily change the scope of the investigation to include ALL "Russian collusion" to include the Democratic Party and affiliates, the DOJ and FBI since he's not discovered anything YET.
He could do a LOT of things but he's not, and it leaves people wondering WTF he's waiting for, or if he even knows WTH he's doing.

Trump is firing a lot of people, Sessions should have been fired long ago, along with that beady eyed little prick Rosentein.

Gunny
03-28-2018, 05:25 PM
He could do a LOT of things but he's not, and it leaves people wondering WTF he's waiting for, or if he even knows WTH he's doing.

Trump is firing a lot of people, Sessions should have been fired long ago, along with that beady eyed little prick Rosentein.I am not impressed with Sessions at all. I would agree that he appears to be over his head and never quite got a grasp on what's going on.

Elessar
03-28-2018, 05:53 PM
I am not impressed with Sessions at all. I would agree that he appears to be over his head and never quite got a grasp on what's going on.

I would offer, at this moment, that there is so much shit swimming in the swamp that it might have taken
Sessions aback. Not being able to trust his own FBI, for one. The smear tactics of the crybaby leftists, for
another.

He has to have a solid stance to issue orders. So far, the cesspool waters are so muddied that it would
take genius to sort it out.

Loyal and stout-hearted legislator. Let him survey and issue marching orders.

Gunny
03-28-2018, 06:29 PM
I would offer, at this moment, that there is so much shit swimming in the swamp that it might have taken
Sessions aback. Not being able to trust his own FBI, for one. The smear tactics of the crybaby leftists, for
another.

He has to have a solid stance to issue orders. So far, the cesspool waters are so muddied that it would
take genius to sort it out.

Loyal and stout-hearted legislator. Let him survey and issue marching orders.There's a time to observe. There's a time to visit every Sheriff's organization in the country while CA is thumbing their noses at the Federal government. There's a time to call bullshit to the shenanigans in your own unit.

And there's to time to screw protocol, get out from behind your desk and other convenient privileges of rank, step out onto the line and LEAD. He's had MORE than his share of opportunities.

Russ
03-28-2018, 06:45 PM
I like the idea of a 2nd Special Counsel appointed just to investigate Robert Mueller and the left-slanted, zero-integrity, witch hunt of an investigation he's been running. This new 2nd Special Counsel should spend weeks interviewing Mueller, always under oath, and ask him questions about every bank account he's ever had, every sexual partner he's ever had, and then throw in a few questions about things he did in Third Grade.

Then double check every answer he gives and if a single answer is incorrect, throw him in jail for 5 to 10 for lying to a Special Counsel. And not an ordinary jail either - throw him in a jail where every inmate is 6' 5", 300 pounds, and gets turned on by baggy-eyed old guys with bad haircuts. Just sayin'.

Gunny
03-28-2018, 06:49 PM
I like the idea of a 2nd Special Counsel appointed just to investigate Robert Mueller and the left-slanted, zero-integrity, witch hunt of an investigation he's been running. This new 2nd Special Counsel should spend weeks interviewing Mueller, always under oath, and ask him questions about every bank account he's ever had, every sexual partner he's ever had, and then throw in a few questions about things he did in Third Grade.

Then double check every answer he gives and if a single answer is incorrect, throw him in jail for 5 to 10 for lying to a Special Counsel. And not an ordinary jail either - throw him in a jail where every inmate is 6' 5", 300 pounds, and gets turned on by baggy-eyed old guys with bad haircuts. Just sayin'.I agree wholeheartedly, but the left will cry foul. They'll claim int's an attempt to intimidate Mueller.

Personally, I think Mueller needs to investigate how stupid he is making himself look and call it a day on the investigation. Try to get out with whatever nothing is left of his reputation.

Russ
03-28-2018, 06:56 PM
I agree wholeheartedly, but the left will cry foul. They'll claim int's an attempt to intimidate Mueller.

Personally, I think Mueller needs to investigate how stupid he is making himself look and call it a day on the investigation. Try to get out with whatever nothing is left of his reputation.

Damn right it's an attempt to intimidate Mueller! And do a lot more than that to him, too! :salute: :cool: