PDA

View Full Version : Illegals heading back?

Swarm
08-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I read an article in a newspaper while I was on vacation a week ago that percentage of illegal immigrants that are crossing the border is dropping. Article stated that the halfway houses are full of illegals heading back south, and they site percentages of illegals caught, and figures seem to suggest that less are crossing. They also interviewed someone and he said that there are too many crackdowns and that peeps hate illegals. Was wondering if those are really facts or not... BTW this is in California supposedly. Oh and I am new, Hello all :)

Pale Rider
08-19-2007, 01:49 AM
I read an article in a newspaper while I was on vacation a week ago that percentage of illegal immigrants that are crossing the border is dropping. Article stated that the halfway houses are full of illegals heading back south, and they site percentages of illegals caught, and figures seem to suggest that less are crossing. They also interviewed someone and he said that there are too many crackdowns and that peeps hate illegals. Was wondering if those are really facts or not... BTW this is in California supposedly. Oh and I am new, Hello all :)

Hello and welcome to debatepolicy Swarm. I'm an old time member and ex-mod here.

With that said, I would love to believe what you've stated is true. Can you link to the article by chance?

And by the way pard... the term "illegal immigrant" is an oxymoron. There is no such thing. In order for one to be an immigrant, one must first be here "legaly." If you're here in this country illegaly, there is only one name for you that is correct, and that's "illegal ALIEN."

Swarm
08-19-2007, 02:13 AM
http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20061207/Region/112070048&SearchID=732907572882
That Is it without the interview from the illegal they had in the paper itself.
*Edit*
Sorry for the slip up on "illegal immigrant", point taken. TY for the welcome :)
Just looked at the date... Seems that is a wrong article... But the jist is the same... Will try to locate the one I just read... sorry.

Hugh Lincoln
08-19-2007, 08:21 AM
This phenomenon belies the argument that "we can't deport them all."

We don't have to.

Show we're serious about enforcement, and many will leave voluntarily.

5stringJeff
08-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Best news about illegals I've heard for years! Welcome!