PDA

View Full Version : Where did CNN, NYT and MSNBC get this new title "Survivor" from?

Russ
03-30-2018, 04:44 PM
I seems that CNN, NYT, and MSNBC have bestowed the title "Shooting Survivor" on every anti-gun Florida high school student that wants to be interviewed, such as David Hogg. What does this mean? Does it apply to everyone that was on school grounds during the shooting? It seems so. CNN, NYT and MSNBC don't seem to care what dangers you actually faced - if you were anywhere near the school, then you're a "Survivor".

I would like to nominate a bunch of other people as much more deserving of the title Survivor - our military. If you went to Afghanistan, if you went to Iraq, if you went to Vietnam, or anywhere else where you faced real danger to your life while serving, then you really deserve the title Survivor.

I agree that the high school students faced 15 minutes of danger and fear, to varying degrees, but that's all they did. They weren't serving the country, and it was over in 15 minutes. They are undeserving of constant interviews and they are undeserving of setting our nations policy on anything.

Our military, on the other hand, actually are Survivors, and actually deserve to be interviewed and to have a seat at the table when we decide policy. Hey CNN, how about you have a Town Hall where the entire audience are ex-military that "survived" tours in Afghanistan, Iraq or Vietnam?

Gunny
03-30-2018, 04:54 PM
If I understand correctly, Hogg wasn't even at school by his own admission and he's a "survivor". Well, "survivor Russ" don't know about you, but I'm glad I "survived" that 1600 miles away shooting too. Must have been a combination of luck and skills :laugh2:

Elessar
03-30-2018, 07:12 PM
I seems that CNN, NYT, and MSNBC have bestowed the title "Shooting Survivor" on every anti-gun Florida high school student that wants to be interviewed, such as David Hogg. What does this mean? Does it apply to everyone that was on school grounds during the shooting? It seems so. CNN, NYT and MSNBC don't seem to care what dangers you actually faced - if you were anywhere near the school, then you're a "Survivor".

I would like to nominate a bunch of other people as much more deserving of the title Survivor - our military. If you went to Afghanistan, if you went to Iraq, if you went to Vietnam, or anywhere else where you faced real danger to your life while serving, then you really deserve the title Survivor.

I agree that the high school students faced 15 minutes of danger and fear, to varying degrees, but that's all they did. They weren't serving the country, and it was over in 15 minutes. They are undeserving of constant interviews and they are undeserving of setting our nations policy on anything.

Our military, on the other hand, actually are Survivors, and actually deserve to be interviewed and to have a seat at the table when we decide policy. Hey CNN, how about you have a Town Hall where the entire audience are ex-military that "survived" tours in Afghanistan, Iraq or Vietnam?

Russ, it seems the media these days just HAS to assign some idiotic title to people.

"Survivor' in this instance is one. Agree with Gunny. I 'survived' 3000 miles away!

LongTermGuy
03-30-2018, 07:23 PM
​I am the silent survivor who fought `exactly` 8,998 kilometers (5,591 miles from America) in a changed land invaded by parasites many moons ago.

aboutime
03-30-2018, 07:43 PM
I wonder why they have never announced how ALL OF AMERICA survived 8 years of Obama tearing down, and destroying the Greatest Nation on Earth???

But then I am reminded of the Communist Manifesto, Saul Alinski's RULES for RADICALS, and the follow-on Democrat National Committee PLAYBOOK, and TALKING POINTS...."All the same".

Actually, all three of those sources are the Brainwashed Techniques used by Liberal Journalism Schools in Liberal Colleges where ANTI-AMERICAN Professors blackmail students.

Elessar
03-30-2018, 08:20 PM
I wonder why they have never announced how ALL OF AMERICA survived 8 years of Obama tearing down, and destroying the Greatest Nation on Earth???

But then I am reminded of the Communist Manifesto, Saul Alinski's RULES for RADICALS, and the follow-on Democrat National Committee PLAYBOOK, and TALKING POINTS...."All the same".

Actually, all three of those sources are the Brainwashed Techniques used by Liberal Journalism Schools in Liberal Colleges where ANTI-AMERICAN Professors blackmail students.

It is a tribute to see that the logical citizens pulled through the abortion that was Obama and Clinton.

Hillary, in the least, deserves prison. Obama? At the very least censure-ship and ban from any position of influence.
Fucking racist 1/3rd black, played that coin to the hilt, denying his 2/3rds heritage of White!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-31-2018, 06:52 AM
Rush Limbaugh calls him "Camera Hogg."

CSM
03-31-2018, 06:52 AM
I guess you could call me a survivor BUT I am a survivor because I am a warrior FIRST.... I and many of my fellow survivors as well as all the "victims" I knew at the time stood up and fought...we did not hide, did not seek protection from someone else or demand the removal of anyone's rights to ensure our own security. We were and still are warriors and we fight ....

Just my thoughts on this topic.

jimnyc
03-31-2018, 09:15 AM
I guess you could call me a survivor BUT I am a survivor because I am a warrior FIRST.... I and many of my fellow survivors as well as all the "victims" I knew at the time stood up and fought...we did not hide, did not seek protection from someone else or demand the removal of anyone's rights to ensure our own security. We were and still are warriors and we fight ....

Just my thoughts on this topic.

Just reading that makes me smile and makes me proud to know you. Folks like yourself, and EVERY other veteran here, are just frickin great in my opinion! You guys are warriors, and speak of always being a marine or sergeant or whatever rank or branch. You guys served our country and still want to be that person that they helped build and mold - which are damn fine folks.

Happy Easter, my friend!!

:salute:

CSM
03-31-2018, 11:21 AM
Just reading that makes me smile and makes me proud to know you. Folks like yourself, and EVERY other veteran here, are just frickin great in my opinion! You guys are warriors, and speak of always being a marine or sergeant or whatever rank or branch. You guys served our country and still want to be that person that they helped build and mold - which are damn fine folks.

Happy Easter, my friend!!

:salute:

and Happy Easter to you and yours...

Elessar
03-31-2018, 11:32 AM
Be Well, All!