PDA

View Full Version : FISA Probe Will Restore Confidence in FBI

jimnyc
03-31-2018, 10:22 AM
There is no doubt that any FISA requests after Trump jumped in the race, really need to be investigated. No harm and no foul if nothing is found. But I think there is plenty to be found, I have no doubt of that at all.

---

Bob Goodlatte: FISA Probe Will Restore Confidence in FBI

The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee said Friday an investigation into whether the FBI abused the FISA process should result in Americans holding more confidence in the bureau and its actions.

Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., told Fox News he is hopeful the facts will ultimately speak for themselves. U.S. Attorney John Huber is now spearheading an investigation into the matter.

"I think that the facts have been coming out for quite a while now, and I think that's going to accelerate with [Huber's] appointment, and with the response to our subpoena," Goodlatte said.

Restoring confidence in the FBI, he added, "should be the goal of the investigation, but the best way to achieve that is with the sunlight that needs to be shone on the unbelievable bias that was taking place in some key people in the FBI."

Attorney General Jeff Sessions declined to appoint a second special counsel to shadow the current Russia investigation and look at the FBI's past actions, opting instead to tap Huber with the role.

"I will say that the attorney general, in his letter to me yesterday, made it very clear that a special counsel is still a possibility, depending upon what is uncovered by the inspector general and by U.S. Attorney Huber," Goodlatte said.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/house-judiciary-committee-bob-goodlatte-fisa-probe-confidence/2018/03/30/id/851760/

Elessar
03-31-2018, 10:43 AM
I just hope that this move will somewhat silence the Snowflakes
praise of three criminals. Obama and the Clinton's.