PDA

View Full Version : Students Stage Walkout in Support of Second Amendment

jimnyc
04-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Didn't even know about this walkout. Interesting that I didn't see it on the news, but honestly, I could have missed it. It's good to see that they were brave enough to state their opinions as well. And also good to see that the school allowed for it.

---

Students Stage Walkout in Support of Second Amendment

So maybe there could be some hope for the next generation after all.

About 75 students at Rockledge High School in central Florida walked out of class in support of the Second Amendment on Friday. The students say they felt "silenced" last week when students walked out in support of gun control.

Fox News:

“I’m pro-Second Amendment,” Rockledge junior and protest organizer Anna Delaney told the station. "I wouldn’t mind deeper background checks, of course, but the Second Amendment will not be infringed upon.”

Many Rockledge students walked out of class March 14 as part of the National School Walkout that was held in support of the Parkland school shooting victims and to protest gun violence and call for new gun control measures. They stood on the football field and formed a huge heart.

About 75 students participated in Friday’s walkout at Rockledge, Florida Today reported. The protest lasted 20 minutes.

They walked onto the schools track carrying the American flag and signs that said “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” and “I support the right to bear arms,” the paper reported. Some wore Trump “Make America Great Again” hats and camouflage clothing.

“We were built on certain rights and that was one of the original rights, that we should have the right to bear arms,” sophomore Chloe Deaton told the group. She helped Delaney organize the walkout.

Zachary Schneider, a junior, was quoted by the paper as saying, “It’s all over the news right now that all students hate guns. I wanted to show that not all students feel that way.”

Rockledge principal Vickie Hickey said the school treated the Second Amendment walkout exactly like it treated the walkout that took place two weeks ago, the paper reported.

She said both events were completely student-driven.

Forgive me if I smell fear from school authorities who knew if they objected to the second protest, the wrath of God would descend upon them.

Regardless, what I found interesting is that, apparently, the pro-Second Amendment kids didn't know what the consequences would be and walked out anyway. Unlike the kids who walked out for gun control knowing that nothing would happen to them, the pro-gun crowd must have felt some trepidation given the attitude of their teachers and classmates.

Bravo to them for standing up for a (currently) unpopular position.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/students-stage-walkout-support-second-amendment/

Marjory Stoneman Douglas Teacher Says Many Students Feel They Are Misrepresented By Famous Classmates

America knows Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students through mainly a handful of pro-gun control activist students, but according to a faculty member of the school where the deadly shooting took place, many other students say the most visible activists do not represent them.

“I’ve had some students approach me privately to talk to me about it, but I should note that those student activists none of them were ever in any danger during this whole thing…none of them except for the one girl Samantha Fuentes,” the faculty member said, on the condition of anonymity, during an interview with NRATV that aired Friday on Dana Loesch’s “Relentless” program.

The Stoneman Douglas staffer continued, “But I have students in my class that were shot, but you don’t see them. They have the most personal experience of anyone except for that one girl.”

Stoneman Douglas students David Hogg, Emma Gonzales, and Cameron Kasky have been notable media representatives of their school and spoke at the “March for Our Lives” protest in Washington D.C. last Saturday, advocating for gun control policies.

The three student activists have also lashed out at the National Rifle Association, NRA Spokeswoman Dana Loesch, Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican Gov. Rick Scott, and any lawmaker who accepted money from the NRA.

Hogg is now leading a boycott against advertisers of conservative radio show host Laura Ingraham after Ingraham poked fun at him on Twitter over colleges where he had applied but had not been accepted.

Students privately revealed to the staffer their thoughts when they see one of their classmates on TV or hear them on radio. Many of these unknown students said they do not support what Gonzalez, Hogg, and Kasky are saying in the public sphere, according to the faculty member.

“There have been a lot of my students that have spoken to me about it privately, and they’ve told me word for word as well as paraphrasing that these kids don’t speak for all students.”

The faculty member noted the constant spotlight on the school is not helping matters much since alleged gunman Nicolas Cruz shot and killed 17 staff and teens on February 14.

“Every single day since we’ve come back to school, I have kids out in the hall crying because of the emotional toll that it’s taken, and we haven’t started to heal yet, because we’re in the news every single day, and every single day there are helicopters circling overhead.”

The staffer added, “It’s another thing going on like the kids with weapons that were found on school property and the shooter’s brother on school property and it’s just we can’t get away from it.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/30/marjory-stoneman-douglas-staffer-says-many-students-feel-they-are-being-misrepresented-by-famous-classmates/

LongTermGuy
04-01-2018, 02:40 PM
"Students Stage Walkout in Support of Second Amendment"

Fighting back for an American Cause against young..Indoctrinated...programmed communist....is always a good thing....

Gunny
04-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Somebody needs to just beat the Hell out of Hogg. He is one, selfish bastard. He doesn't care who he hurts in his question keep his name in lights. He's a wannabe journalist who can't even get accepted by a college. Talk about crying like a bitch. He needs his ass beat and it pointed out no one needed a bun to take his spindly little pencil-necked geek ass out.

LongTermGuy
04-01-2018, 09:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZul1uGU8AADwuS.jpg