PDA

View Full Version : Black woman gets 5 years prison for voting on probation

jimnyc
04-01-2018, 01:01 PM
And of course all I have read about this is just how racists it, and how white folks don't get prison time for this "mistake". and then there it came, the racist accusations and comparisons. Only all they did was point out the proof. If you're a convicted felon already, you will also get treated differently. But yet just another reason to cry racism. :rolleyes:

---

Tweet Alleging Racism In Voter Fraud Sentencing Is Bogus

A Saturday tweet alleging racism in American voter fraud convictions received more than 17,000 retweets, but it doesn’t appear that racism had anything to do with the convictions in question.

https://i.imgur.com/W3313vE.png

The Hill reporter Reid Wilson laid out four examples of voter fraud convictions; three of the offenders were white and one was black. None of the three white defendants received sentences greater than three years of probation while the black defendant in Texas received a five-year prison sentence. Here’s why: The black defendant, 43-year-old Crystal Mason, is a convicted felon who was on probation when she committed the voter fraud, while the three white defendants had no criminal history.

Mason had been on supervised release following a 2011 fraud conviction when she and her ex-husband pleaded guilty to inflating their Internal Revenue Service tax returns. She claims she didn’t know that voting while on probation was illegal, but she received a harsh sentence for committing fraud while already on probation for another fraud conviction, according to USA Today.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/01/tweet-alleging-racism-in-voter-fraud-sentencing-is-bogus/

Gunny
04-01-2018, 04:32 PM
I think it's unfair in light of California registering illegal criminals to vote. Unless all the illegals in CA are going to do a nickel for voter fraud.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-01-2018, 06:05 PM
I think it's unfair in light of California registering illegal criminals to vote. Unless all the illegals in CA are going to do a nickel for voter fraud.
Man ain't that the truth. If they can't apply the law fairly across the spectrum to everyone, everywhere, INCLUDING politicians that break the law, then the American justice system is just a farce... ya... and we all know it is. Race has got nothing to do with it. I don't feel sorry the woman, and maybe they're trying to make an example of her to send a message, but the message should be that's going to be what happens to ANYONE that tries to vote illegally in ANY STATE... PAY ATTENTION DEMOCRATS... wishful thinking... :rolleyes:

aboutime
04-01-2018, 06:06 PM
I thought California was so tolerant, and didn't want anyone to use the words Man, Woman, Boy, Girl, Black, White, Illegal, or Legal???

The guy who did the tweeting obviously is a RACIST, since HE ALONE singled-out the woman as Black. If she got 5 years for prison in Ca. Obviously She Earned it since the state has become a Sanctuary for FELONS, and lesser offenses get more attention.

Gunny
04-01-2018, 07:15 PM
I thought California was so tolerant, and didn't want anyone to use the words Man, Woman, Boy, Girl, Black, White, Illegal, or Legal???

The guy who did the tweeting obviously is a RACIST, since HE ALONE singled-out the woman as Black. If she got 5 years for prison in Ca. Obviously She Earned it since the state has become a Sanctuary for FELONS, and lesser offenses get more attention.Probably voted Reublican