PDA

View Full Version : Gowdy interview, says his time was a waste and trump is a loser

pete311
04-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Vice News - Sat down with Rep. Trey Gowdy this morning. He told me his tenure in Congress was a waste of time and the only goal of the Republican Party is to win elections. Bonus: He responds to Trump calling him “a loser.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQt0gZt3zDg

Gunny
04-06-2018, 07:47 PM
He's right about the Republican Party.

If Republicans calling each other "loser" is the best they can do, they need to borrow the Dem handbook of personal insults and get ride of the tame "loser" crap. So 1970s :rolleyes:

aboutime
04-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Gowdy DID NOT CALL THE PRESIDENT (as you say above) a LOSER.

You're still as dumb as a box of ROCKS, and if your brain was a BULB....it blew out long ago!
You need to go back to Liars school in the DNC cesspool where all the fellow liars float.

Bet you didn't think we'd actually listen to the entire video.

pete311
04-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Gowdy DID NOT CALL THE PRESIDENT (as you say above) a LOSER.

You're still as dumb as a box of ROCKS, and if your brain was a BULB....it blew out long ago!
You need to go back to Liars school in the DNC cesspool where all the fellow liars float.

Bet you didn't think we'd actually listen to the entire video.

The reporter said it was said off the record

NT'sGirl
04-06-2018, 10:42 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Elessar
04-06-2018, 11:27 PM

Here we go again....a lack of proof.

FakeNewsSux
04-07-2018, 02:57 AM
"Originally posted by pete311

Gowdy interview, says his time was a waste and trump is a loser

Pete, you need to listen to what was said and not what you want to hear. Rep. Gowdy didn't call Pres. Trump a loser, the Pres. called him a loser in his role as Chairman of the Benghazi Committee which spent years investigating and didn't even deliver a slap on the wrist for anyone involved. Even Rep. Gowdy admitted to his ineffectiveness on this and the House Intel Committee, where after being stiff armed by the FBI and DOJ for months, ultimately accomplished little.

I admit that I loved Rep Gowdy's in your face with the facts and no quarter for filibustering bullshit from the other side of the aisle attitude. After years of the milquetoast G W Bush administration refusing to defend any policy decisions for fear of sullying the Office of the President we finally had a champion. But in the end there needs to be something more than the mind candy of watching endless You Tube confrontations. Laws must be passed, sanctions placed, people fired, fined or jailed or what's the point.

The interviewer, Michael Moynihan, was a regular panelist on the old late night Fox News program, Red Eye. Although he is left of center he has a good debating style and presents points without the usual liberal doses of condescension and accusation. Plus, he possesses something that 93% of all liberals don't, a sense of humor. Having said this, it wasn't surprising that he slightly misrepresented Mark Levin's 'how did he get through law school' remark. This was in response to a recent interview Rep Gowdy had with CNN where he sang Mueller's praises as an honest man and encouraged Pres. Trump to talk with him saying something to the effect that 'if you didn't rob a bank you shouldn't be afraid to tell an investigator that you're not a bank robber'. Mr. Levin felt that this was very reckless advice coming from a lawyer especially in light of Mueller's treatment of Gen. Flynn.

All in all, no big civil war in the Republican party. Sorry, Pete. I do understand your confusion though. Rep. Gowdy's level of self awareness and his willingness to walk away from powerful Chairmanship positions in Congress is simply anathema to liberals. For the progressive class, power is the goal, the pinnacle, the ultimate aphrodisiac. For conservatives a sense of self worth and self respect have a much greater attraction.

mundame
04-07-2018, 06:31 AM
Trey Gowdy just put out a book, United, with the SC black senator. So that means he's hoping to run for president.

You can really tell the guys who hope to be prez by their anti-Trump stance that keeps them in the news. Lindsey Graham, Mitt Romney, for instance.

Trey Gowdy does have a fascinating face. Mesmerizing. But I don't like the anti-Trumpers. Choose a side and stay loyal to that side, is my ethics. These guys are not doing that.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Well, Pete, you pathetic little turd... I'd NEG you if it would do any good but you're already in the red so why bother.

What I heard was Gowdy admit he ENDORSED candidate Trump and thought he was a fit for the job. NO WHERE does he call Trump a "loser."

Pete, you are a LIAR, clear as day, right here in the title to your thread, you are a LIAR for ALL to see, and you will always been KNOWN as a LIAR now.

jimnyc
04-07-2018, 08:52 AM
So petey disappears for a spell, then returns with the usual. Garbage, non-news and anonymous sources, but trying to be passed off as fact. Some things never change. :laugh:

As for Gowdy, he's a-ok in my book, even if he stated it directly into the camera. The man's a fighter, and fought many fights for the people, and more importantly, for justice. And he's correct about the goals - but it applies to BOTH parties. Or are we supposed to think somehow that democrats don't have the main goal of winning elections. The power is ALL that democrats want. When in charge across the board, they get orgasmic feelings up their legs, but get nothing accomplished. We now have a man that is hated by many in office. He is fought every step of the way by democrats, the majority of the time for baby games. But shit is getting accomplished, whether democrats admit it or not. Doesn't make the slightest difference to me if democrats or never trumpers won't admit it. That doesn't do a dang thing to change the accomplishments. And yeps, there are failures, and things that haven't gotten accomplished yet. But I'm cool with that as those goals are still being fought for.

And you know what? Even if someone calls him a loser, that doesn't change these facts either. Even if said person never actually stated it to anyone other than an interviewer for some odd reason, and then stating it's to be off the record. :rolleyes:

pete311
04-07-2018, 09:43 AM
Here we go again....a lack of proof.

The reporter who interviewed Gowdy made the claim on Twitter. His reputation is on the line and Gowdy has not argued it.

pete311
04-07-2018, 09:44 AM
So petey disappears for a spell, then returns with the usual. Garbage, non-news and anonymous sources, but trying to be passed off as fact. Some things never change. :laugh:

anonymous sources? huh? Do you not see the video???

Elessar
04-07-2018, 09:59 AM
The reporter who interviewed Gowdy made the claim on Twitter. His reputation is on the line and Gowdy has not argued it.

Again, NO PROOF of your offered claim.

Do you just dream this crap up?

How about a link or screen shot of an entire, un-edited quote?

This is why your credibility is tanked, swirling in the toilet bowl.

jimnyc
04-07-2018, 12:01 PM
anonymous sources? huh? Do you not see the video???

Yes, and again, DID Gowdy state it in the video? Perhaps anonymous was a wrong term. I was speaking of sources/words and other things that are reported in the "news" or from reporters, where there is no proof other than their word. Sometimes this, or often actually, also comes with "anonymous" sources. And many many times in the past 2 years such things have been found out to be incorrect, false - and many downright made up.

In this case - off the record, no actual words from the man in the video. BUT, I'm still not going to claim he didn't say it. Hell, if you say the guy is trustworthy, then I believe it. So Gowdy called Trump a loser. I still think Gowdy is a warrior, and one of the toughest fighters of the COTUS in congress. And I couldn't give a flying fuck if he called the president a loser or not.

So what's the point anyway? Other than appearing out of the blue here and there, with stories like this, likely with a big smile on your face thinking inside your skull that somehow it's going to bother folks here?

Trump is rocking the majority of the time. If he had folks in congress more on board... and even congress more on board with one another, then things would even be that much better. Either way, I'm not complaining.

It's full speed ahead baby!!

https://i.imgur.com/cACEbv8.jpg

Gunny
04-07-2018, 02:25 PM
The reporter who interviewed Gowdy made the claim on Twitter. His reputation is on the line and Gowdy has not argued it.I don't have a twitter account. Too much self-respect. You have a copy of the tweet we can see?

Black Diamond
04-07-2018, 02:26 PM
if trump is a loser, what does that make hillary and the 14 candidates trump defeated in the primaries?

pete311
04-07-2018, 02:35 PM
I don't have a twitter account. Too much self-respect. You have a copy of the tweet we can see?
https://twitter.com/mcmoynihan/status/982058880048885760 (https://twitter.com/mcmoynihan/status/982058880048885760)

jimnyc
04-07-2018, 02:46 PM
https://twitter.com/mcmoynihan/status/982058880048885760 (https://twitter.com/mcmoynihan/status/982058880048885760)

FIGURES!

He DID NOT call Trump a loser. Trump called him the Benghazi loser, and that tweet states that he "responds to Trump calling him loser" - NOT that he called Trump a loser.

Yup. Yup. Yup. Typical.

jimnyc
04-07-2018, 02:49 PM
This is why a screenshot or link to the link, for context, is needed. And to show why some out there will twist it to just loser when it was Benghazi loser.

Gunny
04-07-2018, 02:53 PM
https://twitter.com/mcmoynihan/status/982058880048885760 (https://twitter.com/mcmoynihan/status/982058880048885760)He does not call Trump a loser. He doesn't call Trump anything. He states to the effect that "some people may see that as a result of the Bengazi investigation".

He DOES make a couple of inferences about Republicans. I totally agree with his comment that "99 is a failing grade". The second you do something the status quo doesn't like, then they never should have like you and you're a loser.

If calling "bullshit" and leaving the pond because it stinks is showing one's "true colors", I'd say so what? If my true colors mean I'm leaving because of the stench, you're right.

Black Diamond
04-07-2018, 03:20 PM
He does not call Trump a loser. He doesn't call Trump anything. He states to the effect that "some people may see that as a result of the Bengazi investigation".

He DOES make a couple of inferences about Republicans. I totally agree with his comment that "99 is a failing grade". The second you do something the status quo doesn't like, then they never should have like you and you're a loser.

If calling "bullshit" and leaving the pond because it stinks is showing one's "true colors", I'd say so what? If my true colors mean I'm leaving because of the stench, you're right.
So another bullshit story ? Color me unsurprised.

jimnyc
04-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Even on his post, a few inches down, the writer states:

https://i.imgur.com/kCg4kHM.png

Gunny
04-07-2018, 03:48 PM
So another bullshit story ? Color me unsurprised.Unless I'm missing something. He doesn't call him anything in the interview. The link is to a twitter page. If it's in there somewhere, someone needs to point it out.

Doesn't matter to me. Trump's always calling someone names. If he gets called one back, it's nothing special to me. I like Trey Gowdy. I can understand his frustration and leaving. Until that good ol' boy network is broken up, if it ever is, the good people are going to leave. To me, the losers are the go along to get along types sucking off a paycheck and working only toward staying in office. THOSE people don't have a single party. Just the same address.

Black Diamond
04-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Unless I'm missing something. He doesn't call him anything in the interview. The link is to a twitter page. If it's in there somewhere, someone needs to point it out.

Doesn't matter to me. Trump's always calling someone names. If he gets called one back, it's nothing special to me. I like Trey Gowdy. I can understand his frustration and leaving. Until that good ol' boy network is broken up, if it ever is, the good people are going to leave. To me, the losers are the go along to get along types sucking off a paycheck and working only toward staying in office. THOSE people don't have a single party. Just the same address.
I'm guessing you didn't miss anything. But trump is many things. Loser isn't one of them.

Gunny
04-07-2018, 03:56 PM
I'm guessing you didn't miss anything. But trump is many things. Loser isn't one of them.Not the point. Being a loser and being called one are not necessarily the same thing. I wasn't saying Trump is a loser. I don't see where Gowdy did either.

I DO consider it kinda cheap to call Gowdy the "Bengazi Loser' when Gowdy was jerked around by the same people who have been jerking Trump around.

That being said, I just thought I'd give Pete a chance to point out specifically where the allegation is corroborated.

Black Diamond
04-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Not the point. Being a loser and being called one are not necessarily the same thing. I wasn't saying Trump is a loser. I don't see where Gowdy did either.

I DO consider it kinda cheap to call Gowdy the "Bengazi Loser' when Gowdy was jerked around by the same people who have been jerking Trump around.

That being said, I just thought I'd give Pete a chance to point out specifically where the allegation is corroborated.
I know you're not calling him a loser. But the left has hurled that ridiculous epithet at trump. I never called o blah blah a loser. Called him a lot of other things but not that. I agree Benghazi loser doesn't make sense. But maybe trump thinks all of congress are losers. I doubt I would agree with that one either.

Gunny
04-07-2018, 04:25 PM
I know you're not calling him a loser. But the left has hurled that ridiculous epithet at trump. I never called o blah blah a loser. Called him a lot of other things but not that. I agree Benghazi loser doesn't make sense. But maybe trump thinks all of congress are losers. I doubt I would agree with that one either.I called O-blah-blah a loser. I don't think there's anything I didn't call him except maybe honest.

Maybe I'm slow. Having a rough day or whatever. I don't see the issue. Right wing politicians call each other names. I realize the thought of a Democrat calling another Democrat a name is shocking as Hell to Democrats, but it means little to me; especially, the way the right is fragmented.

Black Diamond
04-07-2018, 05:02 PM
I called O-blah-blah a loser. I don't think there's anything I didn't call him except maybe honest.

Maybe I'm slow. Having a rough day or whatever. I don't see the issue. Right wing politicians call each other names. I realize the thought of a Democrat calling another Democrat a name is shocking as Hell to Democrats, but it means little to me; especially, the way the right is fragmented.
I get the whole names thing but I don't understand calling any of these people losers. Especially Obama and trump.

Obama wanted America as we knew it destroyed. He succeeded. He won. And that on top of the novelty of being the first black president.

Trump, while he may be the most hated president since Nixon or maybe Lincoln, came out of nowhere and pulled off the "impossible". On top of his other successes in life. I am not pissed about trump being called loser. It just doesn't make sense to me.

tailfins
04-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Trey Gowdy just put out a book, United, with the SC black senator. So that means he's hoping to run for president.

You can really tell the guys who hope to be prez by their anti-Trump stance that keeps them in the news. Lindsey Graham, Mitt Romney, for instance.

Trey Gowdy does have a fascinating face. Mesmerizing. But I don't like the anti-Trumpers. Choose a side and stay loyal to that side, is my ethics. These guys are not doing that.

Blind loyalty is for dictatorships. Trump has "dumbed down" the GOP. When evangelicals support a candidate with a moral history similar to Hugh Hefner, our country is in trouble. The only reason Trump has made conservative accomplishments is that the left is deranged. He would be doing "the art of the deal" with Pelosi and Schumer if the opportunity presented itself. Trump has no ideological compass.

Gunny
04-07-2018, 05:24 PM
I get the whole names thing but I don't understand calling any of these people losers. Especially Obama and trump.

Obama wanted America as we knew it destroyed. He succeeded. He won. And that on top of the novelty of being the first black president.

Trump, while he may be the most hated president since Nixon or maybe Lincoln, came out of nowhere and pulled off the "impossible". On top of his other successes in life. I am not pissed about trump being called loser. It just doesn't make sense to me.Obama may be a "success" on those counts. When I use the term "loser" I am referring to them as human beings. Obama may have been President and may have wiped his butt with the Constitution, but as a human being he is sorely lacking any qualities that would qualify as anything other than a loser. That which makes you "you" doesn't come with a title or superficial accomplishments.

Regardless what I think of him professionally, I think Trump is trying to do the right thing by the people as he understands it.

I like Jimmy Carter and still think he's a good man and his heart is in the right place. 2nd worst President ever :)

Elessar
04-07-2018, 05:51 PM

pete, you should become a fiction writer.

That is something you might be good at,
AND you can still stay hiding in your basement!:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2018, 06:02 PM
OK... I DO have a twitter account, so I went and looked and this is what I found...

https://image.ibb.co/hFxGPx/dipshit.jpg

Again, little Mikey Moynihan is a Trump hating POS partisan leftist democrat HACK, and he CLAIMS Gowdy called Trump a "loser" but as we AAAALLL can see from the video, HE DID NO SUCH THING! I CLEARLY says he ENDORSED him and believes he was FIT to be president. ANYONE who has watched the video has heard the SAME THING. So once again a leftist shit stain is TWISTING the TRUTH... SHOCKER. The democrat propaganda wing has been on such a RABID, UNHINGED, HYSTERICAL, APOPLECTIC TRUMP BASHING BINGE that they wouldn't know the TRUTH if it fucking BIT THEM ON THE ASS, and that includes our own little MORON TROLL, PETE.

They have SOOOOO EARNED the title FAKE NEWS!

Gunny
04-07-2018, 06:07 PM
OK... I DO have a twitter account, so I went and looked and this is what I found...

https://image.ibb.co/hFxGPx/dipshit.jpg

Again, little Mikey Moynihan is a Trump hating POS partisan leftist democrat HACK, and he CLAIMS Gowdy called Trump a "loser" but as we AAAALLL can see from video, HE DIDN'T. So once again a leftist shit stain is TWISTING the TRUTH... SHOCKER. The democrat propaganda wing has been on such a RABID, UNHINGED, HYSTERICAL, APOPLECTIC TRUMP BASHING BINGE that they wouldn't know the TRUTH if it fucking BIT THEM IN THE ASS, and that includes our own little MORON TROLL, PETE.

They SOOOOO EARNED the title FAKE NEWS!That's the same thing Pete's link goes to.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2018, 06:23 PM
That's the same thing Pete's link goes to.
Ya... same LIE.

aboutime
04-07-2018, 06:26 PM

petey. We all know by now. Anyone from the left who makes a claim about "Off the record", really means....It's a lie, but sounded good...because I SAID IT.

Time for petey to get a new BS shovel, and a pair of WADING BOOTS to crawl around in the petey Cesspool of Made Up Liberal Facts...near the drain that STINKS TO HIGH HELL.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XosBTpFiMCo/Vw5inrtPHII/AAAAAAAAAfk/QovDxNtGQAUHeD-MII-iFUULZgnrvh-8w/w530-h351-n/Unknown.jpeg

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2018, 06:28 PM

And he wasn't even that... he's a mulatto.

Regardless, the sexual predator, second president to be impeached Bubba Clinton was the first black president.

Black Diamond
04-07-2018, 06:34 PM
And he wasn't even that... he's a mulatto.

Regardless, the sexual predator, second president to be impeached Bubba Clinton was the first black president.
We have the one drop rule in this country.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2018, 06:42 PM
We have the one drop rule in this country.
Hell man... that's ALL of us.

NightTrain
04-08-2018, 09:13 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I really thought this thread was very funny.

I knew when I saw this thread that the OP was bogus, but I've been too tired to jump in. Didn't take too long for the truth to come out.

This is why, Petey, reading comprehension is important. Now do the right thing and admit that you had your head up your ass.