PDA

View Full Version : Obama Shuns Fox News

red states rule
02-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Obama is know PO'd at Fox News (like this is something new for a liberal)

He is refusing to give interviews to anyone from Fox News. So here is guy who wants to be President and he refuses to appear on the cable news network with the most viewers.

Obama Freezes Out Fox News as a Result of Madrassa Story
Posted by Noel Sheppard on February 1, 2007 - 00:03.
Does Barack Obama have a thick enough skin to survive another nineteen months of constant media attention and scrutiny on the presidential campaign trail?

An article by the Washington Post’s Mary Ann Akers has to make one wonder (emphasis mine throughout):

Sources tell The Sleuth that the Obama camp has "frozen out" Fox News reporters and producers in the wake of the network's major screw-up in running with the erroneous Obama-the-jihadist story reported by Insight magazine.

Please tell us more, Sleuthy. As you might imagine given the subject matter, we're all ears:

"I'm still in the freezer," one Fox journalist said, noting that the people at Fox "suffering the most did nothing wrong." (It was "Fox and Friends" host Steve Doocy who aired the Insight magazine piece, which reported that operatives connected to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) found out that Obama, as a child, was educated at a Muslim madrassah in Indonesia.)

[...]

Since the madrassah incident, Obama has given interviews to ABC, CNN, CBS and NBC -- pretty much every other network except Fox. Sources close to Obama acknowledged that they're not thrilled to play ball with Fox journalists, but they stopped short of saying they are freezing the network out.

One source familiar with the dynamic between Fox and Obama, who asked not to be named, said Obama and his staff are in for a rude awakening if they think they can write off Fox News. If a candidate is serious about running for president, he or she is going to need a network like Fox to reach out to all those voters in the red and purple states, the source said.

Fascinating that someone at the Washington Post would put something like that in writing, wouldn’t you agree? After all, most in the media typically depict folks who watch FNC as being one ill-advised public display of anger away from commitment to an asylum.

http://newsbusters.org/node/10538

stephanie
02-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Obama is know PO's at Fox News (like this is something new for a liberal)

He is refusing to give interviews to anyone from Fox News. So here is guy who wants to be President and he refuses to appear on the cable news network with the most viewers.

Obama Freezes Out Fox News as a Result of Madrassa Story
Posted by Noel Sheppard on February 1, 2007 - 00:03.
Does Barack Obama have a thick enough skin to survive another nineteen months of constant media attention and scrutiny on the presidential campaign trail?

An article by the Washington Post’s Mary Ann Akers has to make one wonder (emphasis mine throughout):

Sources tell The Sleuth that the Obama camp has "frozen out" Fox News reporters and producers in the wake of the network's major screw-up in running with the erroneous Obama-the-jihadist story reported by Insight magazine.

Please tell us more, Sleuthy. As you might imagine given the subject matter, we're all ears:

"I'm still in the freezer," one Fox journalist said, noting that the people at Fox "suffering the most did nothing wrong." (It was "Fox and Friends" host Steve Doocy who aired the Insight magazine piece, which reported that operatives connected to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) found out that Obama, as a child, was educated at a Muslim madrassah in Indonesia.)

[...]

Since the madrassah incident, Obama has given interviews to ABC, CNN, CBS and NBC -- pretty much every other network except Fox. Sources close to Obama acknowledged that they're not thrilled to play ball with Fox journalists, but they stopped short of saying they are freezing the network out.

One source familiar with the dynamic between Fox and Obama, who asked not to be named, said Obama and his staff are in for a rude awakening if they think they can write off Fox News. If a candidate is serious about running for president, he or she is going to need a network like Fox to reach out to all those voters in the red and purple states, the source said.

Fascinating that someone at the Washington Post would put something like that in writing, wouldn’t you agree? After all, most in the media typically depict folks who watch FNC as being one ill-advised public display of anger away from commitment to an asylum.

http://newsbusters.org/node/10538

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thtantrumgr7.gif

red states rule
02-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Steph, if the "Fairness Doctrine" were law, Obama could shut Fox News down since he feels they were "unfair" to him

This is the liberal version of media reform

jillian
02-01-2007, 06:07 AM
Steph, if the "Fairness Doctrine" were law, Obama could shut Fox News down since he feels they were "unfair" to him

*Yawn*

I think Karl Rove should be interviewed by The Nation. *rolling eyes*

red states rule
02-01-2007, 06:11 AM
*Yawn*

I think Karl Rove should be interviewed by The Nation. *rolling eyes*

If Mr Rove does an interview, why not do it with an outlet where their are readers/viewers/listeners.

That rules out most of the liberal outlets

This is why libs have their shorts in a knot. They cannot compete on a level playing field with conservatives - so they want to silence them

stephanie
02-01-2007, 06:17 AM

I know exactly what it is RSR....
I've posted about quite a few times...
Right now, We will just have to see how far they are willing to carry it...

I was posting on THE OBAMA article, cause I'd seen it posted somewhere else..
When I read it then, and read it now, I thought of that whittle baby and Obama, that's all......:thumb:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thtantrumgr7.gif

red states rule
02-01-2007, 06:19 AM
I know exactly what it is RSR....
I've posted about quite a few times...
Right now, We will just have to see how far they are willing to carry it...

I was posting on THE OBAMA article, cause I'd seen it posted somewhere else..
When I read it then, and read it now, I thought of that whittle baby and Obama, that's all......:thumb:

They will try it get it through. When libs are in power they are dangerous. They have tried to compete with Fox News, Rush, Sean, and O'Reilly and failed big time

LIbs support free speech as long as it is liberal free speech

jillian
02-01-2007, 06:30 AM
If Mr Rove does an interview, why not do it with an outlet where their are readers/viewers/listeners.

That rules out most of the liberal outlets

This is why libs have their shorts in a knot. They cannot compete on a level playing field with conservatives - so they want to silence them

Are you really that delusional? Seriously. Compete on a level playing field? You do realize you lost the House and Senate, right? Or are you in denial.

As for Karl.... he wouldn't ever speak to ANY outlet that might ask him a real question. You do know that, right? LOL!

And do please let us know when you have something to say other than "libs suck". I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.

RAFLMAO... like *that's* ever gonna happen. :uhoh:

red states rule
02-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Are you really that delusional? Seriously. Compete on a level playing field? You do realize you lost the House and Senate, right? Or are you in denial.

As for Karl.... he wouldn't ever speak to ANY outlet that might ask him a real question. You do know that, right? LOL!

And do please let us know when you have something to say other than "libs suck". I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.

Jilly dear, the Republicans lost because they walked away from Ronald Reagan conservatism.

Libs won by running people who could run as Republicans (they passed MORE tax CUTS in House, and Ted Kennedy is having a stroke over it)

You check the radio and cable ratings, the libs are in the basement while Fox News, Rush, Sean, O'Reilly, Laura Ingraham, and other conservatives are on top

Libs cannot compete with conservatives in the arena of ideas. This is why they are going back to the Unfairness Doctrine. Libs cannot win the debate so libs want to shut off the debate

After all it is for the common good

stephanie
02-01-2007, 06:38 AM

Welllllll. Sorry sweetie pie....

But I have to agree with him....

And where did THE KARL, come into this convo???

The Democrats of today............
Are Dangerous........
To our Freedoms...:argue:

red states rule
02-01-2007, 06:39 AM

Are Dangerous........

Hey Steph, isn't Jilly TROLLING now?

stephanie
02-01-2007, 06:42 AM
Hey Steph, isn't Jilly TROLLING now?

Naaaaaaaaaaa...
She's still the same lovable, Jilly...:laugh:

jillian
02-01-2007, 06:45 AM

Are Dangerous........

Hi, honey.. Karl "Mr Permanent Republican Majority" Rove came into the conversation because his talking to The Nation is as realistic as Obama wanting to talk to the Republican News Network... oops, I mean Fox. :beer:

Seriously, what's dangerous to our freedoms is allowing idiots in D.C. and on radical right talk radio to create such division in this country that while we're involved in stupidity like "libs suck".. yadda, yadda... and having conversations about someone who isn't running for president right now because people like the nastiness, they erode our freedoms and raid the henhouse.

There are complicated issues we're facing right now. They aren't as simple as libs suck/ repubs suck... And reducing the discussion to that is bad for our national health.

And that's dead serious.

Now a hug to ya, sweetie... I'm off to wake the boy for school. Stay warm. Laterz.

stephanie
02-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Hi, honey.. Karl "Mr Permanent Republican Majority" Rove came into the conversation because his talking to The Nation is as realistic as Obama wanting to talk to the Republican News Network... oops, I mean Fox. :beer:

Seriously, what's dangerous to our freedoms is allowing idiots in D.C. and on radical right talk radio to create such division in this country that while we're involved in stupidity like "libs suck".. yadda, yadda... and having conversations about someone who isn't running for president right now because people like the nastiness, they erode our freedoms and raid the henhouse.

There are complicated issues we're facing right now. They aren't as simple as libs suck/ repubs suck... And reducing the discussion to that is bad for our national health.

And that's dead serious.

Now a hug to ya, sweetie... I'm off to wake the boy for school. Stay warm. Laterz.

You'd like to believe that it ONLY the radical right that is causing this division, dear.......But it is not..

When you have people like, John Edwards a Democrat, talking about Two Americas........
What do you call that??
Bringing us together....

And as for the Democrats being a threat to our freedoms....
Who is it that is calling for the fairness doctrine to be brought back into play??
You see, we can see who it is, the real culprit of the division of America ...
I only wish the rest of America, could...

Give a hug of your little one for me........
Will talk at ya later...:beer:

red states rule
02-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Jilly, the reason the nation is so divided is not because of evil conservative talk radio. It is divided because the Dems have put thier party ahead of their country

Libs want to silence talk radio and Fox News (they are the fair and balanced network) because they expose the hypocrisy of the left

Example of Fox reporting one example

Reporter Gets Called on the Carpet for his Comments About Bush's War Policy

Now some fresh pickings from the Political Grapevine:

Reporter Admonished

A New York Times reporter has been admonished by his superiors after voicing the hope that the U.S. can accomplish its goals in Iraq. Here's what Times chief military correspondent Michael Gordon said on The Charlie Rose show earlier this month — "As a purely personal view, I think it's worth it — one last effort for sure to try to get this right, because my personal view is we've never really tried to win. We've simply been managing our way to defeat. And I think that if it's done right, I think that there is the chance to accomplish something."

Public editor Byron Calame writes that Washington bureau chief Philip Taubman said Gordon "stepped over the line" and "went too far." Timeswatch.com points out that last summer Times reporter Neil MacFarquhar appeared on the Rose show, and criticized Bush administration practice of sending bombs to the Middle East — saying the policy "erodes and erodes and erodes America's reputation." MacFarquhar received no reprimand for his comments.

"Good News"

NBC's reporter in Baghdad concedes that the media isn't getting the "good news" stories from Iraq on the air. Jane Arraf recently told anchor Brian Williams that life in Iraq "isn't entirely what it seems" from the constant focus on bombings and other violence. Arraf said,"I'll tell you what I think is a piece of good news that's out there every day that's really hard for us to get at. There are children walking to school... and it's that wonderful sign of resilience that is the fabric, the background of life there."

Arraf says doing that story might actually put the children in danger.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248419,00.html

Yes, to libs, this type of hate filled reporting must be silence for the commom good