PDA

View Full Version : Are political boards sexist

LiberalNation
08-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Okay so on every political site I have ever posted on or seen there are always made up of a majority of white male mods/admins to soley male mod/admins. No chicks or non-white people. There may be more male posters normally but not enough to make up for the differences in mod status between males an femals

Is this sexist, do political boards need some affirmative action, why is dp made up of all male mod/admins, does jim have something against woman in positions of power. .

Nate
08-19-2007, 07:30 PM
That's so lame.

Abbey Marie
08-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Lordy, I know I was on vacation for 10 days, but am I invisible?

Sincerly,

ABBEY (100% female moderator).

LiberalNation
08-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah forgot abbey. So that 1, most boards do have one chick. Still a sexist mod makeup tho.

Abbey Marie
08-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh yeah forgot abbey. So that 1, most boards do have one chick. Still a sexist mod makeup tho.

LN, don't you think calling women "chicks", is more sexist than the make up of the mod staff?

LiberalNation
08-19-2007, 07:37 PM
No, I call guys dude and so on. just a descriptive with no harm intended.

Abbey Marie
08-19-2007, 07:38 PM
No, I call guys dude and so on. just a descriptive with no harm intended.

None taken, but in my younger liberal-feminist days, I would have found it offensive. :coffee:

PostmodernProphet
08-19-2007, 09:07 PM
shucks, LN.....not sure what difference it makes....from what I have seen you are equally willing to antagonize a moderator, regardless of whether they are men or women....

LiberalNation
08-19-2007, 09:13 PM
lol true dat, but female moderators tend to be more catty and funner to fight with.

jackass
08-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I think we needs more chicks in bikinis personally!

nevadamedic
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
shucks, LN.....not sure what difference it makes....from what I have seen you are equally willing to antagonize a moderator, regardless of whether they are men or women....

Actually she is equally willing to antagonize anyone, moderators arn't the only ones, those are just her favorites along with Pale Rider.

nevadamedic
08-19-2007, 09:16 PM
None taken, but in my younger liberal-feminist days, I would have found it offensive. :coffee:

You were one of those Lesbian Feminists back in the day? Wow thats hott........

MtnBiker
08-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Okay so on every political site I have ever posted on or seen there are always made up of a majority of white male mods/admins to soley male mod/admins. No chicks or non-white people. There may be more male posters normally but not enough to make up for the differences in mod status between males an femals

Is this sexist, do political boards need some affirmative action, why is dp made up of all male mod/admins, does jim have something against woman in positions of power. .

Jim has invested money and alot of time in developing his sites. The membership did not happen overnight, but over many years. No one here is stopping you or any other female from starting their own political board.

Is this site designed to be sexist? No, that is absurd. Sometimes people are searching to be a victim. :rolleyes:

LiberalNation
08-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Is this site designed to be sexist? No, that is absurd.
It doesn't have to be designed to have been subconsciously made thataway by guys.

SassyLady
08-19-2007, 11:47 PM

Well, I can attest that I've been on at least four political boards that were predominately female - owners, mods, members, etc. I even belonged to one that was owned by a black female.........and we had members of just about every political persuasion possible.

This board just happens to be predominately male......sometimes it just happens that way.....I don't think it had anything to do with affirmative action LN. Not everything has to be "politically correct".

Angel Heart
08-20-2007, 12:35 AM
I've been on staff at a political board. Was for several years. Until the owner went MIA and shortly there after the bill stopped being paid. We had several females on staff besides myself.

I think you are trying to make women out to be a victims when there's nothing to be a victims about.

darin
08-20-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm not white

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 05:30 AM
I think you are trying to make women out to be a victims when there's nothing to be a victims about.
lol there is always something to be a victim about. You all do know these threads are just meant to be a little harmless fun. That is why they are in the lounge.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 05:31 AM
I'm not white
Can we see a pic of u, prove it.

diuretic
08-20-2007, 06:04 AM

Of course they're sexist, that's why they're fun :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-20-2007, 06:29 AM

Only if her name happens to be "Hillary"!

Let's face reality: the board is predominantly male, by AT LEAST a 10/1 ratio. We have 5 staff members and one is female. Should we have an onslaught of female members down the road, and I have a choice of placing more on staff, and they can be as fair and as intelligent as Abbey - I'll have them on staff in a heartbeat.

darin
08-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Can we see a pic of u, prove it.

what would that prove?

dan
08-20-2007, 09:42 AM
what would that prove?

That Carlos Mencia and Ray Romano had a illegitimate lovechild?

ZZZZZZZING! You know I'm just playin', d.

darin
08-20-2007, 10:09 AM
That Carlos Mencia and Ray Romano had a illegitimate lovechild?

ZZZZZZZING! You know I'm just playin', d.

I'm not illegitimate... :(

:D

http://www.mariolopezdancingwiththestars.com/images/Lopez1.jpg

dan
08-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Well, if that's you in the picture, then I can remember that in high school, your dad was a military man who wanted to send you to military school, but Zack and the gang convinced him to let you stay. Don't remember any mention of a mom, you BASTARD!

dan
08-20-2007, 10:27 AM
....actually, I'm stupid, does a kid count as a "bastard" if it has a dad and no mom? That's where I was going with it, anyway.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:29 AM
LN, don't you think calling women "chicks", is more sexist than the make up of the mod staff? Careful Abbey. She's a dyke who thinks you're a hot chic.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Looks more yellowish to me. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Careful Abbey. She's a dyke who thinks you're a hot chic.
lol well I don't know what abbey looks like but sure she's a hot enough.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Hot pic and close enough to white.

darin
08-20-2007, 10:45 AM
You're SUCH a racist, stereotyping, biggot.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 10:47 AM
lol, fine by me and you're still white enough. Not even hispanic looking at all besides the jet black hair.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Didn't think you were a committed dyke, just haven't had a real man treat you right so you're rebelling against society. Stop playing the spolied brat-geek and you'll find a decent guy soon enough.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I consider myself "mixed" race.

darin
08-20-2007, 10:52 AM
lol, fine by me and you're still white enough. Not even hispanic looking at all besides the jet black hair.

You're a racist - that's clear. You judge somebody based on the color of their skin without even KNOWING the person. I thought your kind was against such things?

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Who'd I judge.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Here's my pic. Am I black enough? At least I'm portable, and liberal.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u39/tomjayrodnoble/blackhitlermidget_1.jpg

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Lmao

darin
08-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Who'd I judge.

Uh? See your bs-racist comments about that pic? Because it's not a guy like THIS

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3165316/2/istockphoto_3165316_mexican.jpg

You deny ethnicity. :-/

glockmail
08-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Lmao
Not so funny considering nazis were liberals and hillery touts the same agenda, except substitute men for jews.

manu1959
08-20-2007, 11:39 AM

if it weren't for the hot chicks i wouldn't be sexist.........

Angel Heart
08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
lol there is always something to be a victim about. You all do know these threads are just meant to be a little harmless fun. That is why they are in the lounge.

And there's always something to be a survivor over. I refuse to be a victim. I'm a survivor not a victim.

Victim-hood is no more than a state of mind.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 11:43 AM
You deny ethnicity. :-/

I didn't deny you claim an ethnicity other than cacausion(white). I just said you were white enough to pass as white.

darin
08-20-2007, 11:46 AM
I didn't deny you claim an ethnicity other than cacausion(white). I just said you were white enough to pass as white.

But I am NOT white. You see with your eyes, and judge people based on their skin color. Skin color does NOT equate to ethnicity. Racist.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
No it doesn't but white is a color, a color your skin tone would fall under. Not an ethnicity.

darin
08-20-2007, 01:19 PM
No it doesn't but white is a color, a color your skin tone would fall under. Not an ethnicity.

But I am NOT white. That's the point. If you want to be a racist, and judge somebody SOLELY upon the color of their skin, fine - it's a free country.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 01:20 PM
I never said you were white.

darin
08-20-2007, 01:23 PM
I never said you were white.

Want to nit-pick? You know what you were saying - you were betraying your extremist and racist views against the man in that photo. :(

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm not white

Yup, my brutha of another color. :cheers2:

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 01:35 PM

Let's face reality: the board is predominantly male, by AT LEAST a 10/1 ratio. We have 5 staff members and one is female. Should we have an onslaught of female members down the road, and I have a choice of placing more on staff, and they can be as fair and as intelligent as Abbey - I'll have them on staff in a heartbeat.

Thanks, boss. Tried to rep you for that, but these dang sexist rep rules prevented it. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I think we needs more chicks in bikinis personally!

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7065/whfatgirlsmt3.jpg

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 02:02 PM

Why not put LN on Staff? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
lol well I don't know what abbey looks like but sure she's a hot enough.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7114/ynsy2.jpg

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Uhhhhhh, LN that's not him, haven't you ever watched Saved By The Bell or Dancing With The Stars? Mario Lopez I believe. Although I think he is an openly gay actor but I may be mistaken.

darin
08-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Uhhhhhh, LN that's not him, haven't you ever watched Saved By The Bell or Dancing With The Stars? Mario Lopez I believe. Although I think he is an openly gay actor but I may be mistaken.

Mario Lopez IS NOT Gay. Not even Close. He's just very nice-looking and well-groomed...for a beaner.

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Nevada, you think all actors are gay!

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Nevada, you think all actors are gay!

Yup, it's a conspiracy created by Hollywood to hold the straight man back!:laugh2:

JohnDoe
08-20-2007, 02:47 PM

from an older gal.....
jimminee christmas!

you are a good lookin' young man!!!!

that's alot of responsibility put on your shoulders!

alot of girls would let responsibility go by the wayside for those kind of looks!!!
:laugh2:

be careful!!! and remember what i said!!!

jd

JohnDoe
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh, it's not dmp, it is an actor?

well, then .....life may not be as complicated..... lol

jackass
08-20-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm not white

or straight! :laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 02:53 PM

You don't watch Dancing With The Stars? I thought all old people watched that? :laugh2:

jackass
08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Well, if that's you in the picture, then I can remember that in high school, your dad was a military man who wanted to send you to military school, but Zack and the gang convinced him to let you stay. Don't remember any mention of a mom, you BASTARD!

:lol:

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Dmp is better looking!

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
You know what you were saying - you were betraying your extremist and racist views against the man in that photo. :(
I know what I was saying too, extremist or racist is subjective.

darin
08-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Dmp is better looking!

In my day, I was his equal in terms of look. Today? Not a chance. Age has NOT been kind to me. :(

I know what I was saying too, extremist or racist is subjective.

...so-says the Racist.

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Didn't think you were a committed dyke, just haven't had a real man treat you right so you're rebelling against society. Stop playing the spolied brat-geek and you'll find a decent guy soon enough.

Maybe Darin is the real man that will turn her straight, lord knows they flirt enough! :laugh2:

darin
08-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Maybe Darin is the real man that will turn her straight, lord knows they flirt enough! :laugh2:

She already IS straight. She claims this whole Lesbian bullshit because she's young and has authority issues.

:)

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Maybe Darin is the real man that will turn her straight, lord knows they flirt enough! :laugh2: She is straight. This dyke thing is just a temporary decision. As soon as she finds the right guy she'll forget all about it.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't be so sure.

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 03:39 PM
She already IS straight. She claims this whole Lesbian bullshit because she's young and has authority issues.

:)

Or maybe she just say's she is because she knows it fry's certain people's asses here like Pale. She could be just doing it all for attention. Either way Darin your golden, she's all yours for the taking! :laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 03:40 PM
She is straight. This dyke thing is just a temporary decision. As soon as she finds the right guy she'll forget all about it.

Are you offering to be the right guy?!? :laugh2: Darin might get jealous! :laugh2:

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. You wouldn't, but we are.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 03:43 PM
I'll get back to ya in ten years. Personal female life partner sounds my up my alley but a rich okay looking guy I can boss around would do.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Are you offering to be the right guy?!? :laugh2: Darin might get jealous! :laugh2: Shit no. I'm 48 fucking years old, not to mention happily married to Miss America for the last 21 years. If I was divorced tommorow I wouldn't consider a woman younger than 35, and would prefer one at least 45.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I'll get back to ya in ten years. Personal female life partner sounds my up my alley but a rich okay looking guy I can boss around would do. There's all the proof anyone could ask for. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
08-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Now I don't mind a woman with a couple of extra pounds, but when your belly naturally divides into quadrants, that's just too damn fat.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:55 PM
:puke:

jackass
08-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Now I don't mind a woman with a couple of extra pounds, but when your belly naturally divides into quadrants, that's just too damn fat.

I was trying to ignore that post all together!

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 04:06 PM
with all due respect, I think affirmative action is racist. It says to a perticuler group or race, you cant do it on your own, so we will do it for you, under the guise of help, by being racist to another group.

I think, perhaps, non-whites, may congregate to boards, with non-whites as we do have a tendency in all races, to stick with our own.

I dont sense any inherent racism or sexism by any mod, on any board so far, because, you cant tell who is black or male.

jackass
08-20-2007, 04:11 PM
with all due respect, I think affirmative action is racist.

Ya THINK???

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Why is the girl in black pushing away the "belly" of the one in the green suit? Is she afraid we won't see all of her?

jackass
08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Why is the girl in black pushing away the "belly" of the one in the green suit? Is she afraid we won't see all of her?

She is just showing you that there actually is a bikini bottom there! :laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 04:36 PM

Why are you looking that closely?!? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
:puke:

And people are wondering why the warter levels are rising! I think I see RMS Titanic branded on the one one the end.