PDA

View Full Version : World Change Bucket List (non-political)

mundame
04-09-2018, 07:57 AM
I just want two big changes in the world, then I'll die satisfied:

1. NO MORE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!! Twice a year I am depressed and tired for a week. I think this WWI measure was totalitarian training by the government to show they could control the very fabric of our lives.......no, wait, I said not political.

Okay, it's bad for the farm animals and for us. I like the Florida idea that we should just stick 12 months a year with Daylight Savings time as it is now, more daylight. But never change it. Time Zones are bad enough and that change was made by the new railroads ---- everyone normally just used the sun at noon to set clocks.

2. Movies streamed to homes immediately on opening (we could pay for it, that's fair). Since the Batman Shooter I've realized movie theaters are crazy: can't go to the bathroom, can't get a snack, and worst of all ---- WHY am I sitting in the dark with strangers?? Am I out of my mind??

I've wanted movies streaming into the home since Betamax. I've realized for 20 years that it's inevitable. And it's been coming right along: we can now get movies streamed directly from Amazon and Netflix and so on, when Comcast or Verizon works, many of the movies free, some rented, some you have to buy at a higher price. But they are available, if only four or six months from opening in theaters. We have to wait, wait, wait. Theaters are blocking the way and they are a bad business model in these days of high crime and terrorism.

Anybody else have a (non-political) bucket list for Big Change?