PDA

View Full Version : Ill downs-person removed from flight - Moneygrubbing fam: SUE!

darin
04-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Today when I read "I can't help but think..." then it's followed by the agenda-driven opportunistic morally-bankrupt issue, take it as a sign of a mental illness.

http://mynorthwest.com/949685/alaska-air-flight-attendant-rips-down-syndrome-discrimination-controversy/

This is written by a Flight attendant from that airline; off the record.

The family was traveling from St. Louis back to Sea-Tac Airport. Once on board, the teen became visibly ill and ended up vomiting. This is not in dispute. The teen’s sister, Meaghan Hess, a third-year law student, admits as much.

When the family was booked on another flight the next day, they were all upgraded to First Class. That wasn’t good enough for Hess.

“I can’t help but think if a non-disabled child that threw up, would the airline have kicked that family off the flight,” she said.

She speaks like she’s planning a lawsuit and something tells me that if she was on a flight with someone vomiting in the aisle, she’d not be a happy passenger.

Perhaps this is me simply sticking up for my hometown airline or I’m just sick and tired of people screaming discrimination at a perceived slight. But Hess’ claims are absolutely absurd and she should be ashamed of herself. The practice of removing sick passengers from a flight is common practice.

jimnyc
04-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Sick is sick, no matter who it is. Who the hell wants someone on flight that is tossing their cookies in the hallway - or worse? And who knows just how sick ANYONE is that attempts to or is already on a flight. These sardine cans already hand out germs and other illnesses like they're candy.

But not good enough to follow the rules, everyone wants to sue anymore.

I was JUST left in Seattle myself for what would have been a similar delay. So I too complained online and started a lawsuit. Oh wait, no I didn't. I sighed, and then a booked a hotel room for the night. Shit happens sometimes and it wasn't their fault really in my case. I didn't even get a damn free mini bottle of water out of it!!

Abbey Marie
04-09-2018, 11:40 AM
I am beyond sick of people acting badly/against a rule, and then suing the airline for the consequences. I believe I have consistently taken this stand, including the Asian guy who was dragged off the plane when he would not leave voluntarily.

I sure as heck don't want to be trapped in an airplane with someone vomiting in the aisle. I would thank the flight attendants for removing that person. And first class the next day? The airline is actually doing too much, IMO.