PDA

View Full Version : Syrian chemical attack: 'It's the fault of the British'

Drummond
04-13-2018, 10:47 AM
I would say that you couldn't make this stuff up ! But obviously, Moscow IS ...

https://news.sky.com/story/live-russia-says-trump-guided-by-morning-mood-11328441

Russia claims to have "proof" Britain was behind the alleged chemical attack

Russian defence ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said the military had "proof that testifies to the direct participation of Britain in the organising of this provocation in eastern Ghouta".

He said the UK told the White Helmets, the first responders in rebel-held areas, to fake the suspected chemical attack in Douma.

London put "powerful pressure" on the civil defence organisation, he said.

He claimed the attack was staged on 7 April to coincide with military action by Syrian government forces after the rebel group Jaish al Islam, which long controlled eastern Ghouta, carried out shelling of Damascus from 3-6 April.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43747922

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said a reported chemical attack in Syria was staged by foreign agents.

A spokesman for Russia's defence ministry accused the UK of staging a chemical attack.

"We have... evidence that proves Britain was directly involved in organising this provocation," Igor Konashenkov said.

Folks, really .. how ridiculous is THIS ?

Russia obviously hates that the Salisbury attack has generated such a furore on the international stage. Now - and against a backdrop of making sure the UN is STOPPED from independently verifying what really happened in Syria - is pathetically trying to foist blame on the UK for a Syrian chemical attack. This they do, setting themselves up as the one authority 'able' to report on the attack from a basis of access to the area, making sure that NOBODY ELSE is allowed comparable access ....

Do I really need to comment more ? The Russians have obviously no concept of reputability (or human decency) in their conduct abroad.

Black Diamond
04-13-2018, 10:51 AM
Balu and his band of Bolsheviks pouncing on this thread in 5...4...3....

Elessar
04-13-2018, 11:44 AM
I would say that you couldn't make this stuff up ! But obviously, Moscow IS ...

https://news.sky.com/story/live-russia-says-trump-guided-by-morning-mood-11328441 This they do, setting themselves up as the one authority 'able' to report on the attack from a basis of access to the area, making sure that NOBODY ELSE is allowed comparable access ....

Do I really need to comment more ? The Russians have obviously no concept of reputability (or human decency) in their conduct abroad.

Well, Shades of Saddam and other despots! Who would have thunk it?:laugh:

They are really trying hard to divert attention from themselves and the puppet they have propped up there.

Drummond
04-13-2018, 11:47 AM
Balu and his band of Bolsheviks pouncing on this thread in 5...4...3....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Talking of which ... where ARE they, anyway ? They're currently conspicuous by their absence ...

I get the impression that Balu got fed up with us a while ago, and has given up his participation. We weren't attentive enough to his pro-Russian propaganda ? Not as easily taken in by it, willing to bend to it, worship 'wonderful Mother Russia', as he'd hoped ? The others, though, simply appear to not be posting. I'd like to think it's because current events have shamed them into putting their propagandising on hold.

'Polite Russian', from my point of view, would be very welcome back. He seems a decent sort.

Drummond
04-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Well, Shades of Saddam and other despots! Who would have thunk it?:laugh:

They are really trying hard to divert attention from themselves and the puppet they have propped up there.

It comes across to me as a particularly stupid move to try and make us pay for taking them on over the Skripals, and their assassination attempt in Salisbury. They must hate the level of international revulsion that's come out of it, and want us 'to pay' for daring to speak out ...

Puerile stuff.

Drummond
04-13-2018, 01:08 PM
Official British response, so far:

Britain responds to Russian accusations

Britain's UN envoy has said the Russian accusation that the UK was involved in an alleged chemical weapons attack is a "grotesque, blatant lie".
Britain has no involvement, Karen Pierce said.