PDA

View Full Version : Elvira Arellano Arrested

hjmick
08-19-2007, 11:41 PM
:clap:

I don't know how many of you have been following this story, but I believe this is good news. Of course I'm certain that she will find her way back across the border soon after she's deported, if she is deported, what with the anchor baby and all. Though I'm not sure seeking treatment for her kids ADHD is a legitimate excuse to stay.

Aug 19, 2007 7:45 pm US/Pacific

Elvira Arellano Arrested Outside Downtown Church
Chicago Immigration Activist Taken Into Custody Sunday Afternoon

(CBS) LOS ANGELES - Elvira Arrellano, a Mexican woman who sought sanctuary from deportation in a Chicago church was arrested Sunday in Los Angeles.

A spokesperson from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency would not confirm Arrellano was taken in by ICE agents on Olvera Street, near La Placita Church, in the Los Angeles Civic Center area at about 3 p.m.

Arellano and her son Saul, 8, who is a U.S. citizen, were in Los Angeles seeking immigration reform and were staying at La Placita Church.

She visited three area churches to speak about immigration, but was arrested before she could go to a fourth church.

Arellano defied a deportation order to report to the Department of Homeland Security on Aug. 15, 2006. Instead, she sought refuge in the Adalberto United Methodist Church in the Humboldt Park area of Chicago.

According to the New Sanctuary Movement, more than 600,000 families in the United States have at least one member facing deportation because they are illegal residents.

Arellano claims she seeks to remain in the United States so her American-born son can get medical care for his attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.

A legal guardian says her son, Saul, is taking his mother's arrest better than expected.

Emma Lozano is head of immigration rights group Centro Sin Fronteras and legal guardian to Saul Arellano. She remains with the boy after immigration officials arrested his mother. Lozano says during the arrest, Arellano calmed Saul down, hugged him and gave him a blessing before going with authorities.

Arellano arrived in the U.S. in 1997 and was soon deported back to Mexico. In 2000, she returned and moved to Illinois, working at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport cleaning planes.

She was arrested in 2002 and later convicted of working under a false Social Security number, prompting the order for her to be deported.

Elvira Arellano Arrested Outside Downtown Church (http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_231191810.html)

nevadamedic
08-19-2007, 11:49 PM
:clap:

I don't know how many of you have been following this story, but I believe this is good news. Of course I'm certain that she will find her way back across the border soon after she's deported, if she is deported, what with the anchor baby and all. Though I'm not sure seeking treatment for her kids ADHD is a legitimate excuse to stay.

:dance: This is a great day! What do youo want to bet that there will be mass hysteria in the Hispanic community. This will be the Rodney King of Illegals.

This person is a Criminal. Not only was she here Ilegally she has been convicted of other crimes. We need some tougher consiquences for people like this who refuse to stay out of our country when deported.

nevadamedic
08-19-2007, 11:53 PM
"People will be sad about what happened to Elvira," said Catherine Archibald, a member of the congregation and a friend of Elvira's. "But I think it is very important now that we mobilize and push even harder."

Then the American People need to be prepared to push back.

hjmick
08-19-2007, 11:56 PM
For too many years this woman has been the poster child for illegal immigration. Convicted of federal crimes, defying the deportation order, seeking refuge in a church, flaunting her defiance in any newspaper or news report that would give her the time of day. The symbolism of her arrest is priceless.

Nate
08-20-2007, 02:32 AM
You know what? I don't give a flying fuck about how well her son's taking her arrest. If he's taking it hard, it's her own damn fault! She could have returned to Mexico with him and spared him the trauma. You fucked up, Elvira - you are the reason your son is being put through this.

"We are sad, but at the same time we are angry," said Javier Rodriguez, a Chicago immigration activist who worked with her. "How dare they arrest this woman?"

Shall we call a waaaaaambulance?

Fare thee well, bitch. Good riddance.

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 03:36 AM
For too many years this woman has been the poster child for illegal immigration. Convicted of federal crimes, defying the deportation order, seeking refuge in a church, flaunting her defiance in any newspaper or news report that would give her the time of day. The symbolism of her arrest is priceless.

What they should have done was put a fugitive price on her head and Bounty Hunters would have gone into that church by force to grab her.

-Cp
08-20-2007, 11:56 AM
HURRAY - the STUPID BITCH was deported today!!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8R4OQQ80&show_article=1

theHawk
08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
So she just leeched off our system and her child gets a free taxpayer paid education?

"From the time I took sanctuary, the possibility has existed that they arrest me in the place and time they want," she said in Spanish. "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."
You also had a third choice, take your child and go back to mexico and try to better your own damn country before you criticise ours.

And she was convicted of Social Security Fraud? Good riddance.