PDA

View Full Version : Are tampons sexist?

dan
08-20-2007, 05:58 AM
Every tampon commercial I see is marketed toward women. WTF? Hello, half the world's population is men, get a grip people! I guess just because I don't have a vagina that bleeds once a month I'm supposedly less-than or something?

diuretic
08-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Every tampon commercial I see is marketed toward women. WTF? Hello, half the world's population is men, get a grip people! I guess just because I don't have a vagina that bleeds once a month I'm supposedly less-than or something?

But just think. If your wife or girlfriend sends you out to buy them you can walk in the store and ask for them and look around with a big grin that says, "I got a woman!"

Think of it as a privilege :laugh2:

5stringJeff
08-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Where exactly would you use a tampon?

Wait, don't answer that...

dan
08-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Where exactly would you use a tampon?

Wait, don't answer that...

Why not? Because I'm a MAN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

PostmodernProphet
08-20-2007, 09:41 AM
is DNA sexist?.....this insidious process distinguishes between male and female.....how long will we let this outrage continue......

KarlMarx
08-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Tampons can be used in cases of severe bleeding, e.g. a deep cut. If you are waiting for help or are on the way to the hospital, a tampon may actually save your life!

http://marinecorpsmoms.com/archives/000162.html

Then of course, they had the tampons. When he brought this up my imagination was just running wild, but I let him continue. My son said they had to go on a mission and Marine X wanted the chapstick and lotion for the trip. He grabbed a bunch of the items out of his care package and got in the humvee. As luck would have it he grabbed the tampons, and My son said everyone was teasing him about "not forgetting his feminine hygiene products". My son said things were going well, and then the convoy was ambushed. He said a Marine in the convoy was shot. He said the wound was pretty clean, but it was deep. He said they were administering first aid but couldn't get the bleeding to slow down, and someone said, "Hey use Marine X's tampons". My son said they put the tampon in the wound. At this point my son profoundly told me, "Mom did you know that tampons expand?" ) "Well, yeah!". They successfully slowed the bleeding and got the guy medical attention. When they went to check on him later the surgeon told them, "You guys saved his life". If you hadn't stopped that bleeding he would have bled to death. My son said, "Mom, the tampons sent by the Marine Moms by mistake saved a Marines life." At this point I asked him, "Well what did you do with the rest of the tampons?" He said, "Oh, we divided them up and we all have them in our flak jackets, and I kept two for our first aid kit".

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Tampons can be used in cases of severe bleeding, e.g. a deep cut. If you are waiting for help or are on the way to the hospital, a tampon may actually save your life!

http://marinecorpsmoms.com/archives/000162.html

It appears that the answer to the OP question would be a resounding "no". :clap:

dan
08-20-2007, 10:58 AM
It appears that the answer to the OP question would be a resounding "no". :clap:

That's what you might think, but the fact is, we see all of these marvelous, unisex uses for the standard tampon, and what do I see in all ad campaigns? Women. Where are they advertised? Women's magazines and channels. As Mr. Marx pointed out, they have great uses for men and ladies, and yet they are geared only towards women. That, my friend, is sexist.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
That's what you might think, but the fact is, we see all of these marvelous, unisex uses for the standard tampon, and what do I see in all ad campaigns? Women. Where are they advertised? Women's magazines and channels. As Mr. Marx pointed out, they have great uses for men and ladies, and yet they are geared only towards women. That, my friend, is sexist.
If I watch a tire or car ad chances are there will be a hot chic touting the product. I wouldn't have it any other way and the same with my bullet wound bleed stoppers. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 12:31 PM

So is a double headed Dildo sexist too?!?

jackass
08-20-2007, 03:18 PM
I say yes they are Dan!! Everytime I leave the house with a tampon to stop my bleeding nose I get looks of disgust! My wife doesnt get any such looks when she wears one!!

http://image.debatepolicy.com/is.php?i=451&img=73515917_2de13c.jpg

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I say yes they are Dan!! Everytime I leave the house with a tampon to stop my bleeding nose I get looks of disgust! My wife doesnt get any such looks when she wears one!!

http://image.debatepolicy.com/is.php?i=451&img=73515917_2de13c.jpg

You've watched She's The Man way to many times!

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Dan, I feel like my civil rights are being violated!.

Im gonna call jesse "I Have No Life" Jackson and the racist police, to set things right.

Said1
08-20-2007, 07:39 PM

Knick yourself out. Hopefully it doesn't break your hyman.

dan
08-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Knick yourself out. Hopefully it doesn't break your hyman.

Don't worry about that, I fell on a fence in the fourth grade and that took care of that. :D

Said1
08-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Don't worry about that, I fell on a fence in the fourth grade and that took care of that. :D

:laugh2: Knick yourself out. That was as typo. Well done, Tracy. :laugh2::clap:

Well done to you too.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 06:52 PM

Damn, that's important news, Jimmy why don't you make a forum about your brother and all his embarassing moments?

actsnoblemartin
08-22-2007, 02:45 AM
Tampons are not only sexist, they are un-american :laugh2:

So is a double headed Dildo sexist too?!?

dan
08-22-2007, 05:45 AM
Damn, that's important news, Jimmy why don't you make a forum about your brother and all his embarassing moments?

Because he knows that I have a few I can share about him as well!:laugh2: