PDA

View Full Version : Logitech M570 mouse

jimnyc
04-20-2018, 09:26 AM
https://i.imgur.com/JWkUO0J.png

I got this new mouse yesterday. Supposed to be more ergonomic, and just easier to use.

But wow is it weird to completely change how you use a mouse! I keep wanting to move the whole device when all you do is use your thumb to wheel around the pages, and although there is the 2 buttons on the mouse, it is aligned differently and feels different. Starting all over again!

But it is really nice and is easier when I'm spot on. Once I get used to it this will be much better in the long run.

NightTrain
04-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Throw that in the garbage and get a Logitech M720.

You'll thank me in your prayers.

jimnyc
04-20-2018, 10:15 AM
Throw that in the garbage and get a Logitech M720.

You'll thank me in your prayers.

I actually did look at that one on Amazon, but I narrowed it down to the trackball mice. I got tired of when I move the mouse around, that it sometimes didn't go where I wanted. And it absolutely sucked on different surfaces, whereas you can hold this one in your lap and use it.

And you need to go out and get a huge Keurig machine for the cabin!! :laugh:

Elessar
04-20-2018, 10:21 AM
I actually did look at that one on Amazon, but I narrowed it down to the trackball mice. I got tired of when I move the mouse around, that it sometimes didn't go where I wanted. And it absolutely sucked on different surfaces, whereas you can hold this one in your lap and use it.

Trackballs tend to get clogged with lint.

I have an HP LED mouse, but will not use a wireless.

NightTrain
04-20-2018, 10:30 AM

Never! Homie likes his premium Denali coffee. And when we're at L5, it gets doctored up with a nice bit of Bailey's Irish Cream.

Trackballs tend to get clogged with lint.

I have an HP LED mouse, but will not use a wireless.

You don't like wireless because of battery usage? Wireless mice used to be kind of hard on batteries, but I've got over 8 months usage on this AA battery and it's still going strong. I like less cords coming out of my computer.

Black Diamond
04-20-2018, 10:31 AM
I have the Logitech M705. Wireless. Works great especially for $22.

jimnyc
04-20-2018, 10:34 AM
Never! Homie likes his premium Denali coffee. And when we're at L5, it gets doctored up with a nice bit of Bailey's Irish Cream.

No doubt, some damn good coffee there at L5!! But if you do it right, you can still have that premium coffee using a Keurig AND still some Bailey's!! :) :)

I'm just too stupid with that damn 500 year old percolator thingy, and it takes me too damn long to get the coffee in me when I wake up!! I like to have my coffee in my belly about 3 minutes after crawling out of bed, using the bathroom, and getting my coffee.

You don't like wireless because of battery usage? Wireless mice used to be kind of hard on batteries, but I've got over 8 months usage on this AA battery and it's still going strong. I like less cords coming out of my computer.

My new on, on the settings page, shows an approximate time for batteries, and it shows 548 days. Even one year would be more than acceptable for me.

NightTrain
04-20-2018, 10:44 AM
No doubt, some damn good coffee there at L5!! But if you do it right, you can still have that premium coffee using a Keurig AND still some Bailey's!! :) :)

Nyet.

There will be no Kommie Keurig activities at L5. It would be unamerican.

I'm just too stupid with that damn 500 year old percolator thingy, and it takes me too damn long to get the coffee in me when I wake up!! I like to have my coffee in my belly about 3 minutes after crawling out of bed, using the bathroom, and getting my coffee.

Pffft. Weren't you just commenting a few days ago about how much more chest hair you grew while up here in AK?

That's because you didn't have the extra estrogen added to your coffee by a Kommie Keurig.

My new on, on the settings page, shows an approximate time for batteries, and it shows 548 days. Even one year would be more than acceptable for me.

Yeah, they've really come a long ways in the last 10 years for efficiency on wireless components. 1 AA battery per year is definitely acceptable.

But I still have a couple of wired LED mice around here, if for some reason I need it. I should probably throw those away, I can always just use the touchpad in a pinch.

jimnyc
04-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Nyet.

There will be no Kommie Keurig activities at L5. It would be unamerican.

Commies are a rough subject today! LOL Ok, ok, I stick with the perkie, it is your cabin after all, I'm just a guest in heaven. :)

Pffft. Weren't you just commenting a few days ago about how much more chest hair you grew while up here in AK?

That's because you didn't have the extra estrogen added to your coffee by a Kommie Keurig.

I have like 8 chest hairs. None grew in Alaska. I only grew lots of facial hair and lost a lot of weight! But I felt like I survived and adventure! :)

Yeah, they've really come a long ways in the last 10 years for efficiency on wireless components. 1 AA battery per year is definitely acceptable.

But I still have a couple of wired LED mice around here, if for some reason I need it. I should probably throw those away, I can always just use the touchpad in a pinch.

I have 6 mice right here in my left drawer. 4 of them are wired. 2 wireless. Don't ask why I don't toss them as I guess one or 2 spares would be enough. But I'm a pack rat when it comes to computer parts!

High_Plains_Drifter
04-20-2018, 11:15 AM
I have this one, primarily because it's big. Just don't like a small mouse...

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Cross-Computer-Control-Sharing/dp/B071YZJ1G1/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1524240830&sr=8-6&keywords=logitech+mouse

jimnyc
04-21-2018, 03:28 PM
A little experience under the belt and I'm liking this mouse more and more. So easy to use without all the movement, and you're also holding your hand in a more natural position. With that said, you literally CAN lean back and put the mouse in your lap, and still use the trackball and buttons the same.

2 thumbs up, so far.

Abbey Marie
04-22-2018, 09:59 AM
I switched to a mouse very similar to this about 2 years ago? It helped my wrist and thumb tremendously. Now when I use a standard mouse it is annoying.

jimnyc
04-22-2018, 10:17 AM
I switched to a mouse very similar to this about 2 years ago? It helped my wrist and thumb tremendously. Now when I use a standard mouse it is annoying.

That's what it's main selling point is, that you rest your hand in a more natural position while using the mouse, and the trackball helps eliminate any future issues with things like carpal tunnel.