PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee tells fellow Republicans: "Stop the character assassination."

GW in Ohio
08-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee of Arkansas has delivered a broadside at the rightwing blogs and talkshow hosts who have made an industry out of basing criticism of the Clinton on Monica and rumor and conjecture. Knock it off, he makes clear in an interview about to be broadcast.

Huckabee: While the Clintons 'kept their marriage together,' some GOP critics didn't.

Republican presidential contender (and former Arkansas governor) Mike Huckabee during an interview set to air today on National Public Radio's The Bryant Park Project:

Quote:
This will really rankle some of my Republican colleagues: Bill Clinton and Hillary went through some horrible experiences in their marriage because of some of the reckless behavior that he has admitted he had. I am not defending him on that, it's indefensible.

Just let's not let it get lost on us that they kept their marriage together. They raised a magnificent daughter. Chelsea is truly a delightful human being. ... She's polite, thoughtful, intelligent and everything you would hope a daughter to be. But they kept their marriage together.

And a lot of the Republicans who have condemned them and talk about their platform of family values, interestingly, didn't keep their own families together. Give Bill and Hillary Clinton credit for doing something we say they should have done and that is hold their marriage together in spite of enormous trials.
Huckabee also says of former president Clinton and Democratic president contender Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton that:

Quote:

Number one, don't get it lost on you that a kid from a very small, southern rural state aspired to be President of the United States, this kid came from a dysfunctional family, alcoholic abusive father and yet, he didn't just aspire, he was elected president of the United States not just once, but twice. That is an affirmation of the system. It is a wonderful testament to give to every kid in America that no matter where you come from, you've got an opportunity to do something extraordinary.
And he is also laying a marker down to his fellow candidates (paraphrasing): I'm tired of this campaign by character assassination that has marked so many recent campaigns.

truthmatters
08-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Its all they have

stephanie
08-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Well now...

Huckabee can go tell that to the Democrats and the liberal media, and all will be swell and lovely in POLITICS..:rolleyes:

truthmatters
08-20-2007, 08:59 AM
which of the Dems is attacking people for their MANY divorces?

stephanie
08-20-2007, 09:12 AM

The Dem. candidates don't have to...
They have their pet poodles in the media do it for them...:poke:

theHawk
08-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Huckabee is right. There is no need to attack the Clintons for monica. They have a mountain of political mistakes to use as ammo.

theHawk
08-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Its all they have

LOL, yea. All we have on Clinton is the Monica affair.

You wish. :lol:

08-20-2007, 01:28 PM

thats one of the largest problems they have with Rudy or Newt. Why even ask the question when its obvious?

08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Huckabee has been leading the character attacks. Heck, his guys have been trying to smear Romney simply for his religious viewpoints. if thats not smearing and character assissination then i dont know what is.

How about we simply stop attacking fellow republicans and focus on the Democrats who deserve it.

truthmatters
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
LOL, yea. All we have on Clinton is the Monica affair.

You wish. :lol:

Have on?

all you have is a lie about sex.

Do you think any of your R heros have lied when they took their wedding vows ,Over and over and over?

08-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Have on?

Do you think any of your R heros have lied when they took their wedding vows ,Over and over and over?

No not at all. What would be the point of taking vows if you were lying about them. Thats just plain stupid. They may not have kept their vows later in life but youd be a complete idiot to think they didnt intend to when they made it.

But then we are talking about Clinton's indiscretions. And there is no doubt that he broke his vows. Atleast the Republicans were willing to admit that things werent working out and werent staying together just for political power. Atleast the Republicans are trying to keep their vows. At least the Republicans arent marrying people for money or using their spouses illness to get votes.

If you cared about the truth at all youd have to stop applying your double standard and see that as bad as Republican can be. Democrats are 100 times worse.

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Don't forget that Huckabee while Governor forced the Parole Board to Parole a high risk sex offender who once he got out Raped and Killed a kid.

OCA
08-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Which Dem hasn't attacked Newt?

OCA
08-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Have on?

and the bombing of the aspirin factory killing civilians solely to take focus off of his impeachment.....................pardongate........ .......paid off Paula Jones in the rape errrrrrr I mean "sexual harassment" case...........nothing worthy achieved during his 8 years.

Yeah there is nothing.

OCA
08-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Don't forget that Huckabee while Governor forced the Parole Board to Parole a high risk sex offender who once he got out Raped and Killed a kid.

Leave the political talk to the big boys, go talk about some fucking new dvd you bought.........loser.

Pale Rider
08-20-2007, 03:15 PM
The clinton scum bags couldn't care less about their fucking marriage. It's nothing more than a FRONT for them to further their political agendas. They know if they ever divorced, they could kiss their political ambitions goodbye. They stay legally married out of their own selfish, greed for power. In the meantime, slick willie is fondling every stray he can get his hands on, and hitlery is licking every snatch she can stick her face in.

Don't be fooled folks. The clintons are pure evil, and their propaganda machine is one of the best in the business.

And Huckabee, you better get off the Republicans ass moron. Keep your focus on who you're supposed to beat, and that's the DEMOCRAPS!

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 03:32 PM
The clinton scum bags couldn't care less about their fucking marriage. It's nothing more than a FRONT for them to further their political agendas. They know if they ever divorced, they could kiss their political ambitions goodbye. They stay legally married out of their own selfish, greed for power. In the meantime, slick willie is fondling every stray he can get his hands on, and hitlery is licking every snatch she can stick her face in.

Don't be fooled folks. The clintons are pure evil, and their propaganda machine is one of the best in the business.

And Huckabee, you better off the Republicans ass moron. Keep your focus on who you're supposed to beat, and that's the DEMOCRAPS!

It's a marriage of convienience nothing more, nothing less.

diuretic
08-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Perhaps Huckabee was calling for a focus on policy. Remember policy? That was what used to be critically examined before someone somewhere decided that digging up and flinging mud at someone else might work. And work it did. You might want to ask yourself why it does work. Personally I don't care about a candidate's sex life as long as they didn't do something illegal. However if that's important to you, then so be it.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Perhaps Huckabee was calling for a focus on policy. Remember policy? That was what used to be critically examined before someone somewhere decided that digging up and flinging mud at someone else might work. And work it did. You might want to ask yourself why it does work. Personally I don't care about a candidate's sex life as long as they didn't do something illegal. However if that's important to you, then so be it.

Lying under oath is illegal.

diuretic
08-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Lying under oath is illegal.

Yes it is. As Mr Libby has found out. But I don't care about Mr Libby's sex life, that's his business. I don't care about Mr Clinton's sex life, that's his business.

People shouldn't lie under oath because it undermines the justice system.

Gunny
08-21-2007, 05:18 AM

And Huckabee, you better get off the Republicans ass moron. Keep your focus on who you're supposed to beat, and that's the DEMOCRAPS!

The Clintons were to be divorced until Bill decided to run for President. Then there's the fact that any woman with any stones (as Hillary allegedly has some huge ones) would have divorced Bill for the monica thing.

Who she thinks she fooled by keeping quiet and staying married in favor of pushing her political career is beyond me.

Oh yeah ... she apparently DOES have the Dem's smokescreened on it. Either that or they have a different set of rules for Dems than Republicans. Oh wait ... they have that too....

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 05:26 AM

It is when they're getting sucked off in their government subsidized house office that I, as a tax payer am paying for, instead of doing their job.

diuretic
08-21-2007, 05:40 AM
It is when they're getting sucked off in their government subsidized house office that I, as a tax payer am paying for, instead of doing their job.

You begrudge a bloke one minute and thirty seconds of relaxation????? It might have been in his coffee break :laugh2:

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 05:45 AM
You begrudge a bloke one minute and thirty seconds of relaxation????? It might have been in his coffee break :laugh2:

It was a pattern with him from a long time back. He was a sexual predator. He not only used his position to get away with molesting women, he then lied about it when he got caught.

If he needed a blow job that bad, he should have done it on his own time and off government property.

diuretic
08-21-2007, 05:51 AM
It was a pattern with him from a long time back. He was a sexual predator. He not only used his position to get away with molesting women, he then lied about it when he got caught.

If he needed a blow job that bad, he should have done it on his own time and off government property.

Yep, apparently he used to throw his leg over whenever he could. As for lying about it, if I were married I'd lie about it too.

I don't know if he "needed" a blow job. I'd say the opportunity came up and he thought, "ah f/k it, why not..." He's no orphan there.

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Yep, apparently he used to throw his leg over whenever he could. As for lying about it, if I were married I'd lie about it too.
If I was married, I'd be faithful to my wife. If I felt I could no longer control myself, and needed to have sex with other women, I'd divorce my wife.

I don't know if he "needed" a blow job.
Then he shouldn't have done it.

I'd say the opportunity came up and he thought, "ah f/k it, why not..." He's no orphan there.
Who knows... maybe that fat little whore Monica pushed herself on him. In any case, he shouldn't have done it. But he did because he thought he wouldn't get caught. Bad judgement. VERY bad judgement.

08-21-2007, 06:32 AM

I don't know if he "needed" a blow job. I'd say the opportunity came up and he thought, "ah f/k it, why not..." He's no orphan there.

See thats the difference between you and me. If you were married youd lie about it. if I was married, there would be nothing to lie about.

GW in Ohio
08-21-2007, 07:34 AM

Geez, wouldn't it really piss you guys off if Hillary got elected president and then had an affair in the White House with a 21 year old intern?

Can't you just see it now? Hillary, spread-eagled on the Oval Office desk, while a young male intern.......Well, you know. Use your imagination.

As long as she didn't fuck up our foreign policy the way Bush did, I'd say, Go for it, Hillary!

:salute::dance::salute:

08-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Geez, wouldn't it really piss you guys off if Hillary got elected president and then had an affair in the White House with a 21 year old intern?

Can't you just see it now? Hillary, spread-eagled on the Oval Office desk, while a young male intern.......Well, you know. Use your imagination.

As long as she didn't fuck up our foreign policy the way Bush did, I'd say, Go for it, Hillary!

i didnt realize she was gay.

OCA
08-21-2007, 03:18 PM
i didnt realize she was gay.

HAHAHA! Yes I could see it now, Hillary bent over taking it in the can but the intern is reaching around and stroking that 7 inches of redwood she hides under all those 1000 dollar skirts she/he wears.

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 03:48 PM

What a shinning example of gutter morals.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Actually now that she is running for President she said God got her through that time and that's the only thing that got her through it. It's funny we haven't herd that until she decided to run for President.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 04:39 PM

He coulda just asked Al, im sure he woulda.

diuretic
08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
See thats the difference between you and me. If you were married youd lie about it. if I was married, there would be nothing to lie about.

Well that revealed you haven't got a clue about me but you presume to. You're of course spectacularly wrong.

I was married. I'm divorced. I never cheated on my wife. We divorced due to irreconcilable differences.

Now, since I was married and since I was faithful to my wife until we divorced, I've proven (of course you'll have to take me at my word) that I understand about personal morality in a relationship. If you've never been married then you're merely indulging in hypothetical thinking.

So much for your feelings of superiority. You should be feeling sheepish but I suspect you're not the type to have a shred of self-doubt.

08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Well that revealed you haven't got a clue about me but you presume to. You're of course spectacularly wrong.

I was married. I'm divorced. I never cheated on my wife. We divorced due to irreconcilable differences.

Now, since I was married and since I was faithful to my wife until we divorced, I've proven (of course you'll have to take me at my word) that I understand about personal morality in a relationship. If you've never been married then you're merely indulging in hypothetical thinking.

So much for your feelings of superiority. You should be feeling sheepish but I suspect you're not the type to have a shred of self-doubt.

you are the one who said youd lie about it. Not me.

diuretic
08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
you are the one who said youd lie about it. Not me.

Uh-oh, we're in nyah-nyah territory. Never mind, sometimes the subtleties in a post are missed. I have to remind myself that literalists walk amongst us.